CRIMSON HEAD ELDER

Survival Horror Community & Podcast

RESIDENTS FORUM

Forum Home > RESIDENTS FILES > Hey everybody

Bandage131

Bandage131 here. Most of you likely don't know a damn thing about me from Project Umbrella. I post there every other day (or so), but I haven't made any sort of impact in the Biohazard/Resident Evil community. I felt like branching out into other RE sites, and this one was suggested (to be more accurate, the podcasts here were suggested, and I was righteously interested in all the translations here, so I decided to register), so I came here. Thanks for having me!

April 4, 2015 at 8:14 PM Flag Quote & Reply

M-Greg
Welcome! Make yourself at home! Mind the basement... ;)
--

The basis of controlling fear... Only those who've conquered fear deserve to rule the world.

April 4, 2015 at 9:50 PM Flag Quote & Reply

George Trevor
Site Owner

It's a pleasure to have you in our community Forum Bandage131, thank you for becoming a resident here, you will not find a series wide comprehensive source of material to match the unrivalled encyclopedic tome that is the wonderful Project Umbrella, but more of a focus on particular aspects of the pre Resident Evil 4 games, rare translations, and exclusive interviews & podcasts with developers & voice actors. If you have any translation requests you can post them in the Spencer Mansion section of the Forum, and our podcasts & interviews in the Resident Evil Audio section.

--

Jessica... Lisa... Forgive me. May god justify my death in exchange for your safety.

April 5, 2015 at 9:49 PM Flag Quote & Reply

TheOracleDragon
Administrator

Welcome to the mansion, please enjoy yourself and explore all around. Find interesting things, new things and more, like M-Greg said, mind the basement. All in all, welcome to the family.

--

'The screams, the shouts, the pain, the nightmares...they'll never leave me, that asylum will never leave me...I suffer from it every passing night...what does Umbrella want of me?' - Shane Burns

April 5, 2015 at 10:07 PM Flag Quote & Reply

USS Command
Administrator
Don't listen to them! Mind the basement its fun down there and things always get interesting. Anyway, Welcome!
--

"I'll take my Survival Horror like I take my men" - George Trevor, September 3, 2017 at 6:10 PM
"I am so in love with CHE I almost put my willy in the USB port." George Trevor, September 20, 2018 at 12:53 PM
“Great love springs from great knowledge of the beloved object and if you know it but a little, you will be able to love it only a little or not at all.” - Leonardo da Vinci

April 5, 2015 at 10:42 PM Flag Quote & Reply

NEMESIS

If you have passion for the origins of Resident Evil then this is just the mansion for you!

--

STAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRS

April 6, 2015 at 12:50 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Bandage131

I'm still a firm believer that static camera angles and prerendered backgrounds shouldn't have left.

April 6, 2015 at 1:28 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Albert Wesker 187

Welcome Bandage131 to one of the best Resident Evil Websites. It has been a while since I have spoken to you man I am very happy you decided to join this website the last time you and I spoke was when were playing raid mode in Revelations 1 I hope you are doing well and enjoy your stay here I know you will enjoy this website very much.

--

"The only thing that can defeat power is more power. That is the one constant in this universe. However, there is no point in power if it consumes itself. I will enlist the help of an old friend against our common foe; I will use one pawn to eliminate the other, and emerge with the spoils for myself... "

April 6, 2015 at 1:29 PM Flag Quote & Reply

SkinniMini1
Hello there and welcome to the site. I think you'll find yourself enjoying this place very much.
April 6, 2015 at 1:32 PM Flag Quote & Reply

George Trevor
Site Owner

Bandage131 at April 6, 2015 at 1:28 PM

I'm still a firm believer that static camera angles and prerendered backgrounds shouldn't have left.

Amen brother. AMEN.

If I had to erase every posted sentiment I've thrown onto Resident Evil websites over the last ten years, bar one, that's the one I would leave, set in stone, forever. Everything that was right about the series / everything that was survival horror in the series disappeared with the disappearance of static camera & prerendered backgrounds. Revelations 2 comes the closest to replicating much of what was lost, but for me survival horror is served best when served as it was in the the Spencer mansion, the R.P.D. and on the streets of Raccoon City.

--

Jessica... Lisa... Forgive me. May god justify my death in exchange for your safety.

April 6, 2015 at 6:44 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Bandage131

The Spencer mansion is the series best location, in my opinion. Nothing but pure horror at every turn.

April 6, 2015 at 7:05 PM Flag Quote & Reply

M-Greg

Bandage131 at April 6, 2015 at 7:05 PM

The Spencer mansion is the series best location, in my opinion. Nothing but pure horror at every turn.

I must ask, then, your opinion of Lost in Nightmares and Revelations 2?
--

The basis of controlling fear... Only those who've conquered fear deserve to rule the world.

April 6, 2015 at 10:52 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Bandage131

M-Greg at April 6, 2015 at 10:52 PM

I must ask, then, your opinion of Lost in Nightmares and Revelations 2?

The first section of Lost in Nightmares is a perfect throwback to Remake, to the style of puzzles and files. Even the second part, where you're in that dark and dirty prison, is good survival horror. Third part, great puzzling, even if it is as simple as "grab crank, lure Blob into trap, drop spikes on Blob", it's a much better puzzle than we get through most of RE5 and all of RE6. As good as those two sections are, however, they don't compare to walking around the mansion in the first part, especially when you use the camera angles Easter Egg, which adds even more of a classic feel to it.

Lost in Nightmares is entirely the reason I bought RE5. I had played it in 2009 shortly after it came out and got to somewhere around 4-2, I think, but I wasn't floored by it. To this day, RE5 to me is just RE4 in Africa with a crappier inventory system. But in 2010, when the Gold Edition came out, I knew that was the version for me, because it had Lost in Nightmares. And, since the PS3 version had all of the content on the disc, as opposed to a voucher, I knew I had to get the PS3 version. I still didn't beat RE5 until after I beat RE6, though.

Revelations 2... The prison is creepy, I'll give it that. It belongs in Silent Hill, though, not Resident Evil. Nothing in that prison even suggests Resident Evil aside from Claire and Barry walking around in it. The little coastal village is pretty decent, but it reminds me more of RE4 and RE5 than any of the other games. The town is survival horror through and through, though, it reminds me of Raccoon. The sewers under the tower weren't all that impressive, the tower wasn't all that impressive (the area where you fight Tyrant Neil reminded me of the area where you fight Tyrannosaurus Simmons), the mines just reminded me of every other mine area in any Resident Evil (specifically RE5). The short mansion-like area was decent, but nothing compared to Remake or Lost in Nightmares or even Zero. More Silent Hill-esque areas between there and the final boss fight.

Revelations 2 had some pretty decent areas, that lent themselves well to survival horror, but I really wish they'd stop putting mine shaft/cavern areas in the series. They've been boring since the beginning, really. The caves under the mansion courtyard in RE1 and Remake are the most boring parts of those two games, with only the addition of Lisa Trevor in Remake giving them any sort of interesting qualities.

April 7, 2015 at 8:17 AM Flag Quote & Reply

James Marcus

What he said. It's good to have another survival horror aficionado become resident here. This series has always been the poorer when detracting from the perfect mixture of REmake ingrediants: open exploration, atmosphere heavy not combat heavy, focused yet slow paced open stategy, enemies feared not sought out for goodies, simple & engaging storyline. Caves I can live with or without, and I take your point that they can feel bland in comparison to the sumptuous mansion.

--

I will have my revenge on Umbrella!

April 13, 2015 at 5:10 PM Flag Quote & Reply

WiskUK

Thought I'd say howdy whilst I was greeting all the new 'residents' here. The translations at this site are very insightful I agree and I highly recommend you check out the translation of the Japamese official Heroes Never Die site. It's offline now so the translation page here is bona fide Resident Evil history.

--

Take the Green Herb?

July 12, 2015 at 4:18 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Bandage131

It's been awhile because either my ISP or Google Chrome decided that the login button on this and a couple other sites shouldn't actually take me to the thing they're supposed to take me to. For whatever reason, I kept getting redirected to the homepage without the login going through. I just chose this thread to make this message on because it was my original intro thread.

August 6, 2016 at 12:43 PM Flag Quote & Reply

George Trevor
Site Owner

Bandage131 at August 6, 2016 at 12:43 PM

It's been awhile because either my ISP or Google Chrome decided that the login button on this and a couple other sites shouldn't actually take me to the thing they're supposed to take me to. For whatever reason, I kept getting redirected to the homepage without the login going through. I just chose this thread to make this message on because it was my original intro thread.

Very heartened to know you're still lurking in the shadows Bandage131. I'm sure we'll be reading your thoughts on Resident Evil 7 very soon!

--

January 12, 2017 at 6:18 PM Flag Quote & Reply

BSAArklay
Administrator

Welcome Bandage and glad you found us. We have plenty more content coming up so hope you stick around to see it.

--

"I've had enough of your bullshit! Your just another one of Umbrella's leftovers"

September 3, 2017 at 3:34 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.