CRIMSON HEAD ELDER

Survival Horror Community & Podcast

RESIDENTS FORUM

Forum Home > BIRKIN'S LABORATORY > Piers' Death Theories

ResiEvilChic96

Anyone else here getting annoyed with the theories floating around that Piers could still be alive?I think some ppl are getting overhyped about Piers because he was mentioned in REV2.The thing of it is REV2 takes place after the events of 5 and before and during 6. I've also had ppl toss in the manga "Maharwa Desire". That series takes place before 6. The C-virus Piers had was an enhanced version which means they would have needed a stronger cure. There was never one. Let's not forget Piers used electricity under water and that facility was crumbling around him. There wouldn't be anything left of him, hence why we didn't see a body. Piers' death was tragic but he chose to die, let him have his heroic death. Bringing him back would make his sacrifice meaningless. I'm not dissing the character in anyway. I just think bringing him back would screw his character up. 

March 29, 2015 at 11:51 AM Flag Quote & Reply

TheBatMan

I think it's just the nature of the RE fan community. People get an idea or theory in their head that they like and stick with it even if all the evidence points to the contrary. The biggest lesson I've learned is that it's a waste of time trying to show a majority of these people what common sense is. In this case Piers Nivans is definitvely dead. Not only did he mutate, but he then imploded in an underwater facility where the sheer pressure forces would have obliterated his body. It's almost as bad as people claiming (and genuinely believing) that Annette Birkin, Lisa Trevor or Rachel Foley was going to be the main villain of Revelations 2.

March 29, 2015 at 12:06 PM Flag Quote & Reply

ResiEvilChic96

Yeah, I remember the Annette, and Lisa rumors. Rachel, really? I do remember some people even saying Steve was going to be in Revelations 2. Right you are on trying to convince others.

March 29, 2015 at 3:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

BSAArklay
Administrator
You should check out Gamefaqs. Threads like 'No Steve? this game sucks'. People pine for these returns when even if they did happen none of them would make sense or develop any further story archs. Forget bringing back old characters and concentrate on building new ones. Also people who would rather have Natalia back over Alex Wesker amaze me. We have more than enough heroes we need some established villians more than anything.
--

"I've had enough of your bullshit! Your just another one of Umbrella's leftovers"

March 29, 2015 at 5:13 PM Flag Quote & Reply

ResiEvilChic96

BSAArklay at March 29, 2015 at 5:13 PM

You should check out Gamefaqs. Threads like 'No Steve? this game sucks'. People pine for these returns when even if they did happen none of them would make sense or develop any further story archs. Forget bringing back old characters and concentrate on building new ones. Also people who would rather have Natalia back over Alex Wesker amaze me. We have more than enough heroes we need some established villians more than anything.

I saw those threads at Gamefaqs. I love how some people try to pass off speculation as confirmations on there. I once again would like to say this forum is the best. You guys know your stuff very well! Crimson Head Elder, I'm with you on needing an established villain in the series. We need some balance from the overpopulation of heroes. Personally I found Steve annoying.
March 29, 2015 at 5:44 PM Flag Quote & Reply

TheBatMan

ResiEvilChic96 at March 29, 2015 at 3:02 PM

Yeah, I remember the Annette, and Lisa rumors. Rachel, really? I do remember some people even saying Steve was going to be in Revelations 2. Right you are on trying to convince others.

Oh yeah, of course Rachel. The woman in the trailer has long blonde hair therefore it must be her...

March 29, 2015 at 6:08 PM Flag Quote & Reply

ResiEvilChic96
Come to think of it, didn't some even say the villain was Alexia? The one Chris obliterated in Code Veronica?
March 29, 2015 at 6:13 PM Flag Quote & Reply

M-Greg
I blame it on Chris' overexposure. We just had him in 5 as the protagonist, he did not need to be in 6, at least not as a main character. Piers was presented as a way out of overrecyling a classic character and they blew it at the last minute, not expecting so many to become so attached to him in the process.
--

The basis of controlling fear... Only those who've conquered fear deserve to rule the world.

March 29, 2015 at 11:59 PM Flag Quote & Reply

SkinniMini1
I don't mind seeing long lost characters again as long as their inclusion is meaningful and done well. But dead characters? Oh no, leave then alone. Bringing them back would make death meaningless and if a future character was to die, no one would accept it bc "character x" was revived so why "character y?"
March 30, 2015 at 2:39 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.