CRIMSON HEAD ELDER

Survival Horror Community & Podcast

RESIDENTS FORUM

Forum Home > BIRKIN'S LABORATORY > Jake Wesker's Mother

M-Greg

My girlfriend and I are playing around with a theory and I want other people's opinions on it. I haven't made an Alex Wesker thread yet (OH IT'S COMING) because we have only Barry's half of Episode #4 Metamorphosis left to go; we ended up waiting for the retail game, which we only had the chance to buy the weekend immediately following its release and have been working our way through over the end of Spring Break along with our busy schedules since. That said, feel free to post any spoilers on Barry's half of Episode #4 if they contain information to support or negate the following theory (we're also missing 5 files from Episode #3 AH!!!) because I will not be back on here to read this thread until that is finally finished tomorrow evening.

We believe it is very possible that Jake was never truly of Edonian birth and that, instead, he is Alex and Albert Wesker's son.  If this were true, here's why we believe it: Albert was a cold, unfeeling human being. Even Patrick, Spencer's butler, could only recall his eyes out of all his features, which housed these traits (probably lends credence to him having to wear sunglasses all the time, he needed people to trust him). Yet Jake's mother believed with all her heart that Jake's father returned her love and would love him also and would return for him one day. How can you believe such tender things about someone like Albert? How? Plainly, it doesn't make much sense to us, but that isn't hard evidence.  Still, it begs the question, perhaps the sickly woman Jake thought was his mother wanted to hide the fact that he was adopted and was actually referring to the Edonian man she was with before or at the time of adopting him?  If this is true, then Jake's would-be father actually was a drunk who skipped out on them or simply died, his wife never finding out.

Albert was obviously kept in the dark about who Alex really was, yet they knew each other.  She was probably under an assumed name or he just never found out her surname.  Either way, we believe that they must have had contact with one another. She knew about his murder of Spencer (also my theory is that she was the one who leaked the Spencer Estate's location to the BSAA since she obviously despised Spencer as much as Mr. Samsa despised Gregor). She was obviously quite lonely and she thought about Albert. We think that they conspired together just like Albert and Birkin, but he never knew who she really was, she never told him, and her being Spencer's star pupil and then going to Zabytij in 2000 made them have minimal contact face-to-face.

If they met around 1991 and did sleep together, that would work well with Jake's age by the time of Resident Evil 6 (2012).  Alex would send Jake away during infancy to hide him from Albert (both were slammed with work for Umbrella constantly anyway) and, more importantly, Spencer. Perhaps out of motherly love so that he could receive the love they never received and could not give him along with protecting him, perhaps to use him for a legacy or experimentation in the future. That could be interpreted either way. I see nothing that could make this totally impossible, what do you guys think?

--

The basis of controlling fear... Only those who've conquered fear deserve to rule the world.

March 23, 2015 at 3:03 AM Flag Quote & Reply

USS Command

The only thing that really goes against this is the fact that Spencer leaked out the location himself in hopes of Wesker finding him. I assume the BSAA just happened to get wind of the leak as well. As for Jake being the son of the Weskers, its a bit of a stretch, but I feel that the whole idea of Wesker having a sun a stretch. So this could work but I've not dived deep into RE6 storyline beyond the BSAA parts.

--

"I'll take my Survival Horror like I take my men" - George Trevor, September 3, 2017 at 6:10 PM
"I am so in love with CHE I almost put my willy in the USB port." George Trevor, September 20, 2018 at 12:53 PM
“Great love springs from great knowledge of the beloved object and if you know it but a little, you will be able to love it only a little or not at all.” - Leonardo da Vinci

March 24, 2015 at 12:30 PM Flag Quote & Reply

George Trevor
Site Owner

It's an interesting theory, but it doesn't sit well with me considering the lack of evidence of their relationship, and moreso taking into consideration all the protocols & programs that would have been in place for each Wesker child. For the purposes of that research each subject would have been in isolation of all the other Weskers, during their privileged upbringings & placements within their workplaces. So what about THAT picture, sitting nicely as M-Greg's new avatar... this piece of fan appeasing upsets me greatly - it makes a hugely significant point to the canon, yet comes with no explanation as to how, where & why these two lab rats met. It gives a great image, reminiscent of the Code: Veronica portarits, but without any significant accompanying information on these two meeting and under what circumstances, it's currently meaningless to me; although it does make a fucking good avatar ! I just cannot see how these two would have met, without either one being motivated to find out the others backgroud, purpose, and position within Umbrella; and that is if Spencer would have even allowed two Wesker children to be in such close quaters, which I highly doubt for the success of that program.

I don't think that Jake's mother being delusional in her unrealistically positive aspirations for a relationship with Albert Wesker is any less believable than those same aspirations that were the downfall of Excella Gionne. I believe Jake's mother was very much a victim of the same blindness that afflicted Excella and consequently lead to her demise - blind love for a domineering alpha male. Both woman were enamoured by the extraordinary presence that is Albert Wesker, and fell victim to a submissive relationship; both were strung along, being too far gone to realise they were deluding themselves.

Unless I'm missing a file on this !

--

Jessica... Lisa... Forgive me. May god justify my death in exchange for your safety.

March 24, 2015 at 5:37 PM Flag Quote & Reply

M-Greg
To USS, not necessarily but I see where you're coming from. My theory stems from Patrick passing along the info to Irving who in turn passed it along to Albert's contact Ada all under strict orders from Spencer to get it specifically to him and just him. The BSAA getting it years before knowing Irving's identity, much less from Ada, seems a stretch from me. Chris only ever said "a reliable source" and Spencer didn't seem to consider the proper authorities finding him first. I think he would've thought of that. If I'm right (still missing six files and every extra file in total) then it wouldn't be the first time a Wesker acted as a reliable, anonymous tattle tale on the old man. To George, I love it simply because it adds more layers to the mystery. It feels like it's meant to make you wonder along with her fond reflections on him. It's thrilling for me. And it does indeed bring CVX's lovely artwork to mind, I WANT IT SO BAD!!! From what I can tell, they had to have worked together and that fondness couldn't have been one-sided, at least not completely. He was fond of Birkin. RE5 already established they were both in the same department, it doesn't mean that he knew her last name. Wesker was already taken from a head researcher of Umbrella and they hid that from him just fine. They all lived privileged lives. But not all of them worked at Umbrella. These two did and one was privy to the project. For all we know she was brought in to monitor him since he applied for the job! Maybe that's partially why Albert got so angry when he learned the truth. He realized who Alex was in that moment. Plus she knew about the nature of Spencer's death and the fact that he died. I just feel there was more to these two behind the scenes. I bet she wanted to tell him the truth but couldn't.
--

The basis of controlling fear... Only those who've conquered fear deserve to rule the world.

March 25, 2015 at 2:39 AM Flag Quote & Reply

NEMESIS

@ M-Greg where did Resident Evil 5 establish that Alex and Albert were in the same research department, or even the same Umbrella facility for that matter? Report on Project W makes no mention of this, and if the Alex W signing off the file is Alex Wesker, then we have it on this file's authority that she was in the Umbrella Information Department, not any research program with Albert or William Birkin. Is it a done deal that this is Alex Wesker? I dont believe a Wesker child would be part of a department reporting on the very program they are a laboratory rat for. I dont think there is anything in the series canon that points even indirectly to a relationship between Albert and Alex, something that Spencer would have been at pains to prevent from compromising Project W.

--

STAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRS

March 25, 2015 at 2:34 PM Flag Quote & Reply

ResiEvilChic96

I'll be honest i can't see Alex as Jake's mom, but hey I've been wrong before. I agree with George's theory that Jake's mom fell blind to Albert's alpha male personality much like Excella. It is an interesting theory about Alex though, but wanna hear an outlandish one? I've come across people thinkiing Jill is Jake's mom! -_- *facepalms*

March 25, 2015 at 9:44 PM Flag Quote & Reply

M-Greg

LOL the Jill theory is a straightup impossiblity born of people with shit math skills because look at Jake's age, the founding year of S.T.A.R.S., and the time between Lost in Nightmares and Resident Evil 6. As for this theory, I'm not saying that it is concrete or has anymore backing it up than that one, but it works for me and I don't see anything directly contradicting it to make it impossible. I guess the lack of contradictions do give it more to back it up than the Jill theory actually lol.

So there just happened to be an Alex W's signature at the end of that Report, then another, entirely different Alex is talked about a lot in Spencer's Memoirs, this Alex is ultimately revealed to be one of the Weskers, and finally we get a portrait of both Weskers next to each other for no reason? She was asked to pointlessly pose for a painting with him one time and that was it for their interaction? And she never worked in the Information Department, there's a totally different person with the same intials in that division when clearly she knew about the Project and Spencer's intentions from Stuart's Memo, her "goodbye" letter that she never sent Spencer, and her brief chat with Claire and Moira?  Or the Information Department just has two employees with the same first name and initials?  I don't buy any of that one bit.

As far as I'm concerned, the painting, the signature in the Report, and her extensive knowledge of his experiences without any direct involvement in them, such as Spencer's murder long after the rest of Umbrella believed Albert to be dead, prove at the very least that these two not only worked together after he stopped being a researcher, but had some level of interaction, even if brief and infrequent.  How would Stuart know about the Wesker Project if Alex didn't know about it long before Spencer's death? There were no files on it to be retrieved after 2009. Stuart knew about it, Alex knew that Spencer wanted to be a god and decided that she was worthy instead of him yet she wasn't there for his little lecture to Albert right before his death.

All the evidence we have been given points to her being the only one who already knew about the Project despite the fact that she was one of the subjects, which to me says "Alex W" can't NOT be her. If that wasn't her, why not make it Ethan W, the one from the list of deceased officers with level 9-10 information access that were killed to hide the Africa facility who was theorized years ago to be the one the Children were named after? Why not write any other name as the one submitting that Report or as the one Spencer was reflecting on in his Memoirs?  Sorry, I can't believe it's not the same person.  Makes no sense to me at all for it not to be.

As for the portrait itself, I'll admit it is possible that Spencer simply comissioned that without the two of them actually posing together for it, but I believe wholeheartedly that the painting within the painting (his own portrait in the background) and the lighting effect suggest it was painted while they were posing for it at the same time.

Really, is it so hard to believe that they met?  She knew about the Project while in Umbrella, there's no denying that (whether you believe "Alex W" is her or a different person). For them to have had interaction with Albert being none the wiser, possibly due to her being assigned to monitor him herself, which would contribute to their transparent bond both she and Stuart felt between them, does not seem an immense stretch to me.

They couldn't have met because Spencer would go to pains to prevent them from meeting for the sake of the Project itself?  Nowhere in any file did Spencer prohibit the Wesker Children from interacting with each other. They just wouldn't be allowed to know that they were connected.  But none of them were literally related to begin with, who knows how many of the hundreds of test subjects crossed paths before being killed by the virus? As for the idea that two top officials within Umbrella having the same last name would cause suspicion, this might be a bit of a stretch but maybe that wasn't a concern because Albert would think it was a coincidence.  And even if it was, like I said, she could've been using a false last name up until her departure to Zabytij in 2000.

At this point, I do not feel that there is any reason to believe they did not at least have one face-to-face meeting before he killed the old man and recovered her Report on his death. Naturally, given all that occurred between 1998 and 2006, this would have to have been while in Umbrella. Yes, Jake is still disliked by most fans. I get that. But he exists, like it or not. And it makes more sense to me that he was sent away from Umbrella and adopted rather than Albert having a one-night-stand with a dirt-poor immigrant who somehow wound up back in Eastern Europe shortly after without even trying to reveal to him that he had a son despite thinking that he would love said child if he knew of his future existence. Spencer wouldn't allow any of this to happen? Not everything was predicted or known by the old fool, people. Alex comes off as the one who was manipulating him for all those years, especially given she knew her own nature as his little Grete Samsa, as opposed to Albert, who didn't know he was Gregor (God, I apologize, I LOVE the use of Franz Kafka in this game!!!).

--

March 26, 2015 at 1:22 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Vito

Great job. This theory is not imposible and it will actually allow something I want to happen: Alex and Jake to meet.

Chirs doesn't know everything about Wesker, who better to fill in Jake about him than Alex?

Maybe she would want to inject Jake with Progenitor. I could finally have a Wesker fully playable in a game!

--

March 26, 2015 at 5:24 PM Flag Quote & Reply

M-Greg

Right there with you, Vito!!!

--

March 27, 2015 at 1:22 AM Flag Quote & Reply

James Marcus

ResiEvilChic96 at March 25, 2015 at 9:44 PM

I'll be honest i can't see Alex as Jake's mom, but hey I've been wrong before. I agree with George's theory that Jake's mom fell blind to Albert's alpha male personality much like Excella. It is an interesting theory about Alex though, but wanna hear an outlandish one? I've come across people thinkiing Jill is Jake's mom! -_- *facepalms*

Sorry M-Greg, I've found your threads in this forum fascinating and they've opened my eyes to some serious Resident Evil politics but I find your latest theory as unlikely as the one ResiEvilChic99 just dropped from out of nowhere! I just think the repercussions of this liasson would have reverberated too wide and far for it to now suddenly appear in the timeline of events without any prior mention. I respect where you're coming from with this, it's cute, but smaks too much of fan service for me.

--

I will have my revenge on Umbrella!

March 28, 2015 at 1:28 PM Flag Quote & Reply

ResiEvilChic96

James Marcus at March 28, 2015 at 1:28 PM

ResiEvilChic96 at March 25, 2015 at 9:44 PM

Sorry M-Greg, I've found your threads in this forum fascinating and they've opened my eyes to some serious Resident Evil politics but I find your latest theory as unlikely as the one ResiEvilChic99 just dropped from out of nowhere! I just think the repercussions of this liasson would have reverberated too wide and far for it to now suddenly appear in the timeline of events without any prior mention. I respect where you're coming from with this, it's cute, but smaks too much of fan service for me.

Hey, I needed a good laugh that day and that Jill theory did the trick! LOL!

March 28, 2015 at 2:28 PM Flag Quote & Reply

SkinniMini1
The only thing I wish they did when it came to Jake's mother was share with us her full name as well as provided us with a picture of her at some point, be it in game or a special file. I mean Jake doesn't care around a pic of his mom or anything? IDK, it would just make her existence feel even more authentic to me. To OP, this is an well thought out idea I must say, but I personally am against Alex being Jake's mother. I say this bc they don't really have to be a mother/son pair to give any future interactions they may possibly have some depth. Plus with Alex not even being in her own body anymore and is in one of a person who is much younger than the rest of the cast (which is a bit of a shame bc while Alex ended up not impressing me all that much as a character onscreen, I did like that she was a villian who was a mature older woman physically), it would just be too weird to look at the two as a mother/son pair.
March 28, 2015 at 2:32 PM Flag Quote & Reply

M-Greg

This was never intended to be taken as fanservice, it makes more sense to me than this all-but-nonexistant Muller woman, who again we were told was dirt poor yet somehow wound up in the states long enough to have an affair with Albert Wesker and then wound up all the way back in Eastern Europe shortly afterwards. And who claimed to believe that Albert loved her and their son and would return for them one day yet chose not to inform him she was pregnant (her deathbed letter would argue she'd never make such a choice). The man joined Umbrella in 1978 and buried himself in mountain after mountain of work. It is also highly unlikely, to me at least, that he would have an opportunity after 1991 (Information transfer) to go to Edonia, let alone a reason. I strongly feel Jake would fit so much better as a character with a backstory if he were sent away to be adopted by the Mullers in order to be kept a secret from Spencer (who knows just how early on either Wesker began plotting against him never mind whether you agree with me about them conspiring together at all) and (ironically) his foster father actually was a drunk who skipped out or died and was never discovered as such with the latter being assumed. That's exactly why it fits in my opinion, it's never been mentioned or implied (like the Wesker Project ITSELF not too long ago) but it adds on more than it takes away (which to me is nothing). I doubt that Alex will be squatting in Natalia's frame for long. Just look at the little Lilith, she's eager to get back out there and join in the melodious chaos of the larger world she's been missing out on in isolation! She'll probably get or create a new body as soon as the opportunity presents itself, although I personally don't mind seeing her manipulating events unsuspectingly the way she currently is for a while. Unsettling, no? ^_^ And not that I think this theory has to be valid for her to have any sort of connection with Jake, but discovering such a truth as this could provide a lot more layers to his personality, which if I'm not mistaken plenty of people both on and off this site think he needs.

--

March 29, 2015 at 1:40 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Vito

There might have been something there between Wesker and Alex after all. :P

--

March 30, 2015 at 2:15 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Yuan-The-11th

I have read this entire conversation and now its my turn :)

While I do not find the probability of Mistress Alex Wesker being the biological mother of Jake Muller, I would not be surprised by the idea of her being involved in Jakes birth, after as the new head of Project W, she would almost by default have to have an immense interest in all the fellow Elite Wesker children.

Because Alex found out the truth about project W WAY before Albert did, I imagine that she would have lots of time to get her act in gear and begin masterminding everything around her from the actions of her "father" Ozwell E Spencer to maybe even some of the events surrounding her "brother" Albert all the way down to Albert's very own son.

I imagine that such scenario would look like this:

Unknown time

Greg Muller leaves Edonia with his sister and moves to USA soon becoming employed by Umbrella Inc., his relative sister needs him for a home.

1970s

Alex joins Umbrella Inc. but in spite of her considerable intelligence she is mostly ignored for one reason or another by Ozwell E (maybe her gender?).

1980s

Alex's desire to learn more about Ozwell E results in her investigating and eventually she learns about Project W.

Late 1980s

Ozwell E is surprised by Alex finding out the truth and he decides to make her the new head of Project W, from here she gains a curiosity in Albert.

Early 1990s

* Alex while still working as head of Project W is made a top information officer of Umbrella (maybe the chief information officer?) and a portrait is made of her and the companies other top information officer Albert although Ozwell E told Alex that she by know means can tell Albert the truth about Project W.

* Alex uses her position in Project W to conduct a experiment, she wants to see what the child of a Wesker child would look like and she arranges for Albert & another woman (Greg Muller's sister) to have a child, Jake is born.

(I think it is possible that Albert Wesker & Jake Muller's mom never actually met, Alex could have secretly taken Albert's seamen used that + Jakes Mom & some random guy to produce Jake with Albert none the wiser)

The Raccoon Incident has happened and Greg Muller is dead forcing his sister to move back to Edonia, she takes Jake with her although Alex possibly continues to survey Jake Muller both as part of Project W and because of her own curiosity.

End

Regardless of what the truth is, what does not change is that Alex W is my favorite controllable character in the entire series and I enjoy talking about her.

--

The nobility will rise again. Until that time, farewell!

April 11, 2015 at 9:07 PM Flag Quote & Reply

M-Greg
Yours is a most interesting, original take and one of my favorite theories on the subject as always, Yuan! Thank you for sharing it! ^_^ Regardless of the truth of Jake and Alex's connection, I have no doubt she has been monitoring him. And is responsible for a lot more that has happened in the series than we realize. I truly hope they shape her into the true puppeteer mastermind behind the series, more than Albert or Spencer, that I get the strong sense she is meant to be shaped into.
--

April 11, 2015 at 11:49 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.