CRIMSON HEAD ELDER

Survival Horror Community & Podcast

RESIDENTS FORUM

Forum Home > BIRKIN'S LABORATORY > Jessica Sherawat's return?

SkinniMini1

Jessica is a character with so much potential and they could do a number of things with her. She betrayed the BSAA (Parker more so) and was working as a triple agent (which was a bit much I must admit). She even got away with everything and she is the last person to be seen with the T-Abyss virus. I have many options regarding the character:

1. Make her a major villain. Have it so that she returns with an enhanced version of the T-Abyss virus and starts to specifically cause trouble for the BSAA and esp for Chris (maybe she really liked him and didn't take his rejection well) and Jill (she did exhibit some jealously towards her). Then in the end they can kill her.

2. Make her a side villain, similar to Excella. Have her working for the next main villian. She can still be after Chris and Jill and they can kill her or in an ironic twist, have her employer betray her and kill her (hey the girl's got to pay).

3. Make her a villain that was faking so that she could get info back to her organization to shut them down. Show that she is a good person, but is willing to use dirty tactics to reach her goals.

4. Same as 3 but instead have her sacrifice her life for another BSAA agent as a way to make up for betraying the BSAA earlier and thus redeem herself.

5. Have her redeem herself by helping the BSAA and become part of the good guys for good.

6. She is forced to work for the bad guys. Maybe Jessica is infected with something, dying and they will give her the cure as long as she does whatever they tell her to. Then in the end they betray her and she dies anyway.

7. Same as 6, but instead of dying, she lives and then decides to leave the spy business and move on with her life (thus writing her out).

8. None of these. Don't ever bring Jessica back!

I really liked Jessica in Revelations. Also I like the fact that she isn't another good girl for the series. Don't get me wrong I like the good girls and I'm on their side, but we need more bad girls to counter them, so with that my choice is #2. I can see Jessica as a villain, but not THE villain. While her interactions should not be limited to these two, I also want to see her interact with Chris again and see actual interaction with Jill (I don't think the two actually takes to each other at all in Revelations). Also despite me liking her, I want Jessica to be killed by her employer bc it would be justice for one, it would be a nice karmic death, and it would be nice to see more people die in this series. Also #3 makes her sound too much like Ada and would fit Raymond more IMO.

February 28, 2015 at 6:39 PM Flag Quote & Reply

ResiEvilChic96

I know a lot of people don't care for Jessica, but I like her as a villain. I'm hoping we get to see her in a future game.

February 28, 2015 at 6:50 PM Flag Quote & Reply

SkinniMini1
Yes, and she played the role of airheaded agent well. She managed to have everyone fooled and once she revealed herself, one can see how intelligent and cut throat the woman can be. After that open ended ending of her and Raymond, I'd hate to see them go unused in future installments. Btw did any of the options stand out as a good way to bring her back or do you have another way in mind that wasn't listed here. If so, I'd like to here you out.
February 28, 2015 at 7:11 PM Flag Quote & Reply

ResiEvilChic96
I really like option one, I'd like to see her to stay on the path as a villain. I would love to see her and Jill square ( my male friends would love that more than me, but I won't get into that here.lol.) off. She's got potential if Capcom would give her the right treatment.
February 28, 2015 at 7:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

George Trevor
Site Owner

SkinniMini1 at February 28, 2015 at 7:11 PM

Yes, and she played the role of airheaded agent well. She managed to have everyone fooled and once she revealed herself, one can see how intelligent and cut throat the woman can be. After that open ended ending of her and Raymond, I'd hate to see them go unused in future installments. Btw did any of the options stand out as a good way to bring her back or do you have another way in mind that wasn't listed here. If so, I'd like to here you out.

It wasn't until her reveal as a betrayer of trust that I could even stomach her excruciating dialogue ! I can just about accept now that many of her lines, particularly those uttered at Chris, were done so, with the intention of hiding her true ambitions. If we knew more about the state of Tricell post Kijuju then it would be clearer to estimate Jessica's current status. I do though see her as a bit of a poor man's Ada Wong, but granted she has had less game titles to establish a deeper character. It would be great to see the both of them going head to head for their respective organisations in Resident Evil 7 ! It would have been good to have had a file detailing Jessica's inner thoughts and motivations, as we are given nothing from Revelations that explains in any detail the reasoning behind her choice of employer. I do think she is a strong enough character to be the main villain, which I would happily see, if she was to be developed further and not given Capcom's obligatory main boss kill-off. We need a Wesker place-holder and Jessica would fit that bill nicely.

--

Jessica... Lisa... Forgive me. May god justify my death in exchange for your safety.

March 3, 2015 at 3:19 PM Flag Quote & Reply

ResiEvilChic96

George Trevor at March 3, 2015 at 3:19 PM

It wasn't until her reveal as a betrayer of trust that I could even stomach her excruciating dialogue ! I can just about accept now that many of her lines, particularly those uttered at Chris, were done so, with the intention of hiding her true ambitions. If we knew more about the state of Tricell post Kijuju then it would be clearer to estimate Jessica's current status. I do though see her as a bit of a poor man's Ada Wong, but granted she has had less game titles to establish a deeper character. It would be great to see the both of them going head to head for their respective organisations in Resident Evil 7 ! It would have been good to have had a file detailing Jessica's inner thoughts and motivations, as we are given nothing from Revelations that explains in any detail the reasoning behind her choice of employer. I do think she is a strong enough character to be the main villain, which I would happily see, if she was to be developed further and not given Capcom's obligatory main boss kill-off. We need a Wesker place-holder and Jessica would fit that bill nicely.

I agree that we need a Wesker place holder villian and not a flavor of the week one since the saga is continuing. But that all depends on Capcom, doesn't it?*sighs*

March 3, 2015 at 4:09 PM Flag Quote & Reply

SkinniMini1

George Trevor at March 3, 2015 at 3:19 PM

I thought everybody had bad dialogue in Revelations. In fact, I believe it easily has some of the worst . the series has ever seen. I just wish they took the dialogue more seriously, but I digress. Back to Jessica, while I think she acted sexually charged (from her overly flirty attitude to her revealing wetsuit) in order to throw the other BSAA members off (you noticed she was dressed like a classy sophisticated woman in the coffee shop), Idk I really think her attraction to Chris was real. I feel this was because of how she talked about him during her report. There was no BSAA members around to put on a show for, so why would she talk about him like a giddy high school girl getting ready to meet her celebrity crush unless it was genuine feelings that she were expressing, which I personally believe they were. I personally believe that it was the Terragrigia Panic that may have push her to become a TRICELL operative. Not being able to actually help anyone during that tragedy clearly bothered her if that helicopter scene is anything to go by. I believe she probably felt like since she couldn't do anything the legit way, then maybe she'd start to act using more dirty tactics. Then she could have just became more cold overtime as she did use said tactics. Didn't Claire say in the opening scene of Revelations 2 that TRICELL was no longer around or something to that effect? If true, then there's no telling who Jessica or even Raymond are working for now or if they are even secret agents anymore. Speaking of Raymond, I thought he reminded me of Ada more than Jessica did. Jessica was more like a RE1 Wesker/Excella mix. Despite seeing some Wesker in her, I just don't get Main Villian from her but I never know, she could possibly pull it off with the right character build up.
March 3, 2015 at 5:33 PM Flag Quote & Reply

ResiEvilChic96
Oh I definitely think she was attracted to Chris (the man's a legend and he's certainly not bad to look at) but that was all one sided with Chris wanting to find Jill on the Zenobia. That's a good point about Raymond and Ada, I can see the parallels there. If not main villain material I could at least see her as a side villain. She strikes me as someone who would jump ship and defect to whomever has more power. But then again there was that caring side her seeing Terragrigia falling apart. I think her being a side villain would be better. I think she'd be more likable as a villain in my opinion.
March 3, 2015 at 7:18 PM Flag Quote & Reply

NEMESIS

The plot for Revelations was all over the place - Jessica's tangled narrative fits perfectly haha. I agree she is an Ada Wong without the depth and a preferable female villain for me would be Ms Wong.

--

STAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRS

March 4, 2015 at 2:14 PM Flag Quote & Reply

SkinniMini1

NEMESIS at March 4, 2015 at 2:14 PM

The plot for Revelations was all over the place - Jessica's tangled narrative fits perfectly haha. I agree she is an Ada Wong without the depth and a preferable female villain for me would be Ms Wong.

Well you almost got your wish in RE6 but no Capcom just had to make a doppelganger instead. Carla for me literally came across as a what if character for Ada, which in turn only took away from her own IMO. I hate the double Ada storyline. So darn contrived and forced. Back to the subject of the topic. I think Jessica is or at least has the potential to be more than what others consider to be a weaker developed version of Ada or any other character for that matter. She just needs that on screen development and growth to prove it. Maybe RE7 will surprise us and use her again. If not I'm down for her being an antagonist in an CGI film (if they ever make another one that is) or even another Revelations sequel (again if they decide to make another one that is).
March 4, 2015 at 3:42 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.