CRIMSON HEAD ELDER

Survival Horror Community & Podcast

RESIDENTS FORUM

Forum Home > BIRKIN'S LABORATORY > Missing S.T.A.R.S. members

USS Command

So any fan who seen the photo of S.T.A.R.S. at the RPD will see that there are 12 members shown. Everyone has a name but one the man in the red vest next to Enrico.

Now in the past I thought it was supposed to be Kevin Dooley but he is just an RPD cop who was being used by S.T.A.R.S. from time to time so who is this guy? Well some believe he was replaced by Rebecca story wise so we have no reason to know who he is, others think he was retcon into a normal cop or Kevin, and was just in the photo because he was being used by S.T.A.R.S.

I think Kevin could have been a last minute replacement for that particular mission and here's why. If you look at the Resident Evil comic S.T.A.R.S. Files, which is a story about Wesker writing up a report to Holden on S.T.A.R.S members, we see a total of 13 members all named but 2. Both of the unnamed members are wounded, one is being treated by Rebecca and the other being carried away from an explosion by Chris.

Now we know one HAS to be Edward and since Rebecca is close to him I'm going to assume she is treating him, leaving us with the man Chris is carrying. So here is what I think at some point before the events of Zero this guy got injured and couldn't go on the mission, so they brought in Kevin to fly the chopper while Edward would have took to the ground with the others. Here is my reasoning behind this:

On the ground for Alpha team: Wesker, Chris, Barry, Jill, Joseph. Brad was in the air.

For Bravo team(Rebecca being new I'm not counting her for this), Enrico, Forest, Richard, Kenneth, That guy. Edward would've been in the air, but "that guy" got hurt so they called in Kevin to fill in so Edward could go on the ground.

But what happened to that guy? I believe he is dead. He died trying to save a fellow officer in the Raccoon City outbreak. My evidence? Unless I'm really mistaken the helicopter from the S.T.A.R.S. photo is the one that crashed into the station (as Leon watched like a moron). So assuming that guy could fly a helicopter and assuming he was the normal co-pilot, then he got the chopper and felt the need to rescue fellow officers after refusing to believe his fellow/formal members of S.T.A.R.S. when they spoke of zombies and monsters. But it didn't end well. So that's it, that's my theory. I'm looking forward to the person that tells me how this is all a big steaming pile and is completely wrong in every way!(joking BTW)

--

"I'll take my Survival Horror like I take my men" - George Trevor, September 3, 2017 at 6:10 PM
"I am so in love with CHE I almost put my willy in the USB port." George Trevor, September 20, 2018 at 12:53 PM
“Great love springs from great knowledge of the beloved object and if you know it but a little, you will be able to love it only a little or not at all.” - Leonardo da Vinci

February 2, 2015 at 8:40 AM Flag Quote & Reply

BSAArklay

I think this is just a continuity era from RE2 to Remake and Zero. Some of the characters dont look much like they have in other games. Apart from their colours there isnt much resemblance in their facial appearance.

From upper right to left. Brad, Barry, Wesker, Richard,Kenneth, Forest. The guy with no hair on the end I am not so sure about. Then from bottom right to left. Joseph, Jill, Chris and Enrico. Again bald guy on end not so sure about. Going to have to go with Kevin Dooley and Edward even though Edward isnt bald/shaven head. I mean which one is which is as good as guess as anyway because we havent seen enough of Kevin and Edward looks nothing like he did in Zero.

As far as the helicopter pilot goes I dont think he is anyone special and I always just assumed he was just a cop. When you think about it though, where did the helicopter even come from? Why wasnt he at the heliport? Where did he come from? Why would he go to the police station and not just get out of town.

This is why the originals are so amazing. You never see anyone debating about RE6 and why the guy in the gun shop was such a wife beater. Or why Jake has such a healthy diet for a supposedly bad ass mercenary jerk.

February 3, 2015 at 11:07 AM Flag Quote & Reply

James Marcus

Those unknown guys are just 'Star Trek red-shits', making up the numbers, I don't think they are anyone significant and died during the first stage of the Raccoon City outbreak. How do you know that the helicopter in that photograph is the exact same one that crashes into the R.P.D - is there evidence for this?

--

I will have my revenge on Umbrella!

February 9, 2015 at 2:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

USS Command

James Marcus at February 9, 2015 at 2:20 PM

Those unknown guys are just 'Star Trek red-shits', making up the numbers, I don't think they are anyone significant and died during the first stage of the Raccoon City outbreak. How do you know that the helicopter in that photograph is the exact same one that crashes into the R.P.D - is there evidence for this?

The destination on the side of both the helicopter in the photo and the one in the cut-scene is the same. Both have N21RA and both color patterns match.

--

"I'll take my Survival Horror like I take my men" - George Trevor, September 3, 2017 at 6:10 PM
"I am so in love with CHE I almost put my willy in the USB port." George Trevor, September 20, 2018 at 12:53 PM
“Great love springs from great knowledge of the beloved object and if you know it but a little, you will be able to love it only a little or not at all.” - Leonardo da Vinci

February 9, 2015 at 2:50 PM Flag Quote & Reply

George Trevor
Site Owner

James Marcus at February 9, 2015 at 2:20 PM

You need Adobe Flash Player to view this content.

--

Jessica... Lisa... Forgive me. May god justify my death in exchange for your safety.

February 9, 2015 at 4:27 PM Flag Quote & Reply

USS Command

BSAArklay at February 3, 2015 at 11:07 AM

I think this is just a continuity era from RE2 to Remake and Zero. Some of the characters dont look much like they have in other games. Apart from their colours there isnt much resemblance in their facial appearance.

From upper right to left. Brad, Barry, Wesker, Richard,Kenneth, Forest. The guy with no hair on the end I am not so sure about. Then from bottom right to left. Joseph, Jill, Chris and Enrico. Again bald guy on end not so sure about. Going to have to go with Kevin Dooley and Edward even though Edward isnt bald/shaven head. I mean which one is which is as good as guess as anyway because we havent seen enough of Kevin and Edward looks nothing like he did in Zero.

As far as the helicopter pilot goes I dont think he is anyone special and I always just assumed he was just a cop. When you think about it though, where did the helicopter even come from? Why wasnt he at the heliport? Where did he come from? Why would he go to the police station and not just get out of town.

This is why the originals are so amazing. You never see anyone debating about RE6 and why the guy in the gun shop was such a wife beater. Or why Jake has such a healthy diet for a supposedly bad ass mercenary jerk.

I'm going with the bald guy standing to be Edward because he is a pilot and so is Brad who is standing so, to me atleast, it would make scents that both pilots will be standing plus like Edward he is wearing blue. Another reason I figured its Edward is everyone has the same colors as they do in game minus Richard who wears an orange vest in game as opposed to yellow as seen in the photo. Leaving the other guy to be whoever.

I won't call him Kevin because Kevin isn't a member of stars he's just a cop who happens to help them out from time to time. Plus if it was ment to be Kevin I'm sure capcom wouldn't have made a point to say he isn't a member of stars. The helicopter pilot in 2 is just a cop but I figured if it was the lost member of stars he would have be transfered to a normal officer like Brad because the SPF or RPD SWAT(depending on what you like to call them) replaced stars. 

Maybe we need to interview the artist/writer for 2 or for stars in general so we can find out for sure. It'd be a nice revelation regardless.

--

February 9, 2015 at 4:38 PM Flag Quote & Reply

TheBatMan

It's supposed to be Edward Dewey, but his character was redesigned for RE0 without taking this particular picture into account.

These days it can be said it's Kevin Dooly, taken before Rebecca joined the team. The other guy is just a random pilot, not part of the team.

February 9, 2015 at 4:39 PM Flag Quote & Reply

BSAArklay

TheBatMan at February 9, 2015 at 4:39 PM

It's supposed to be Edward Dewey, but his character was redesigned for RE0 without taking this particular picture into account.

These days it can be said it's Kevin Dooly, taken before Rebecca joined the team. The other guy is just a random pilot, not part of the team.

So what is it then? Because I have used the word lazy before and nobody seems to agree with me. Just lack of care? Ignorance? Stupidity? Arrogance? One of these words has to stick.

I realise this is during the golden era however that goes to show even then they didnt really give two shits about continuity so what does that say about the current Capcom?

--

"I've had enough of your bullshit! Your just another one of Umbrella's leftovers"

February 9, 2015 at 7:09 PM Flag Quote & Reply

TheBatMan

I don't think its anything. At the end of the day its a single picture in a background texture in one of 1000's of camera angles in 1 of 100's of rooms in RE2. I think its very easy to overlook when a seperate Capcom team came on board to prep RE0 for the Nintendo 64 a few years later.

So I wouldn't say they didn't care about continuity. 

February 9, 2015 at 9:15 PM Flag Quote & Reply

BSAArklay

Its not that easy to over look though. Have we even showed Edward before? Yes. Where? Done. You wouldnt find something like this in Telltale's Walking Dead or Naughty Dogs Uncharted. Because they are run by a team that is involved in all the games. Capcom has new developers, writer, designers and such every game.

--

"I've had enough of your bullshit! Your just another one of Umbrella's leftovers"

February 9, 2015 at 9:23 PM Flag Quote & Reply

TheBatMan

Indeed, a different team handling different titles. We've discussed many times how this creates little contradictions across the series. But thankfully there has never been any major issues, only minor, nitpickity stuff. 

But it is a fundemental problem. The director of Damnation knew nothing about the plot of RE6 for example, and now we have the director of REV2 knowing nothing about RE7, other than it is being worked on. It is these kinds of communication breakdowns that Capcom need to address.

February 9, 2015 at 9:35 PM Flag Quote & Reply

BSAArklay

Lol! Exactly which is why this series is so laughable at times. How and they be making two games at the same time and not even communicate.....wait scratch that, Why?! would they be making two games at the same time and not even communicate? I mean even if they sent each other a few emails here and there. Just to let each other know what they are doing so they can PLAY OFF each other. Thats what makes these games great when they link up and it makes you think holly shit I see what you did there. Like in RE5 when Jill had the antibodies from the Nemesis virus and Wesker used them to up his survival rate with Uroboros. That was awesome and the games were decades apart.

That Damnation and RE6 lack of communication is what pissed me off to no end. Same with RE5 and Degen. You are releasing two projects pretty close to each other why not make them link up at least a little bit, the pay off would be amazing. They dont even acknowledge each other.

--

February 9, 2015 at 10:10 PM Flag Quote & Reply

TheBatMan

This also explains why the story has become so disjointed ever since the main plotlines were tied up with RE5. The timeline is so convoluted now and the minute details hidden away so deep that any prospective new writer is simply going to avoid them altogether rather than sift through and worry if they are creating any contradictions.

For example, a new writer is hired to write RE7. Rather than sift through 1000's of pages of timelines and supplemental materials to craft an interesting story based on pre-existing plots and character arcs, it's far easier and safer to create an entirely new story with new characters and new organisations so that no contradictions occur, but they can still tie it together with the old by throwing in the odd reference to the Raccoon City incident and having Leon or Chris as the lead. 

The Rival Company/The Organisation is a classic example. Sifting through, there is plenty of information available, yet much of it is vague details by differing writers so its hard to piece together exactly what the intent was. Therefore, the series writers have decided to solve this puzzle by lazily avoiding it altogether rather than trying to craft an answer - by being too scared to cause contradiction and retcon. Their solution is to create yet another new and unecessary organisation - The Family, which essentially serves the same purpose. There is no reason why The Family could not have been Umbrella's elusive Rival Company rather than a Metal Gear Solid style Patriots parody. But the sad answer is that Capcom are too lazy to properly research their own series. They have a bible of lore, but it is nowhere near as extensive as it should be.

February 10, 2015 at 11:03 AM Flag Quote & Reply

BSAArklay

Finally someone has agreed with me. Lazy is exactly the word I would use to describe current Capcom. I agree with 100% everything you just said and not only do I agree but its absolutley the truth.

Even with the recent news that Remastered is Capcoms best selling DLC of all time and also it being the biggest seller for PSN on day one release. What are Capcom going to take from all this? Next to nothing. They will probably attend an interview and give us the same old speech 'Judging from fans feedback on Remastered we can see that the fans want......more Chris and Jill.' Which is exactly what they took from Revelations and LIN. I dont think it will change a damn thing.

--

February 10, 2015 at 3:57 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Xarls

Well, maybe they were just instructors, external advisors, members who have been transfered, equipment suppliers, part of the maintenance team...Capcom has a ton of options to give them names or a role in my oppinion.

--

The DEADPOOLEST Crimson Head Elder resident

February 11, 2015 at 10:41 AM Flag Quote & Reply

USS Command

Xarls at February 11, 2015 at 10:41 AM

Well, maybe they were just instructors, external advisors, members who have been transfered, equipment suppliers, part of the maintenance team...Capcom has a ton of options to give them names or a role in my oppinion.

That's also a possibility. A friend at college thought it could be Joe Kendo because he made custom weapons for them.
--

February 11, 2015 at 12:00 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.