CRIMSON HEAD ELDER

Survival Horror Community & Podcast

RESIDENTS FORUM

Forum Home > THE SPENCER MANSION > Joe Whyte Podcast Star Guest

George Trevor
Site Owner

Joe Whyte, actor for Chris Redfield at the height of Resident Evil's critical success, and in arguably the most superior game in the series & pinnacle of the survival horror genre, will be our star guest on the next Crimson Head Elder Podcast. Debating and discussing the 2002 remake of Resident Evil and its 2014 HD remaster, together with his role as Chris Redfield, Joe Whyte will join our podcast panel. Residents are now invited to submit their questions for a truly iconic, legendary vocal cornerstone of Resident Evil's roots ~

--

Jessica... Lisa... Forgive me. May god justify my death in exchange for your safety.

November 23, 2014 at 6:30 PM Flag Quote & Reply

NEMESIS

Congrats on this exclusive - Joe Whyte's performance is my favorite from all the actors who played this role, his voice is the only one I hear when I think of the Chris Redfield character. Can Joe give any insight into the events that lead to him no longer playing the role?

--

STAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRS

November 23, 2014 at 7:17 PM Flag Quote & Reply

TheOracleDragon
Administrator

This is going to be truly exciting to have him in the podcast and great to know he is gladly taking part in it! 

Questions:

What was the best part of the experiance he had during the recording sessions?

How does he feel about being part of a legendary game series?

Was it hard to speak with the producers and getting the right way of acting out the voice?

Did he get to speak the other members of the crew that were part of the voice acting?

--

'The screams, the shouts, the pain, the nightmares...they'll never leave me, that asylum will never leave me...I suffer from it every passing night...what does Umbrella want of me?' - Shane Burns

November 23, 2014 at 7:28 PM Flag Quote & Reply

USS Command
How much do you remember from the recording? Did you ever play the original or the remake? How do you feel about being replaced? Do you like the voice of chris now? Anyway looking forward to this!
--

"I'll take my Survival Horror like I take my men" - George Trevor, September 3, 2017 at 6:10 PM
"I am so in love with CHE I almost put my willy in the USB port." George Trevor, September 20, 2018 at 12:53 PM
“Great love springs from great knowledge of the beloved object and if you know it but a little, you will be able to love it only a little or not at all.” - Leonardo da Vinci

November 23, 2014 at 9:54 PM Flag Quote & Reply

TheOracleDragon
Administrator

Sharing questions from Wonderman, these are his questions:

1: Was he given any instructions on how to portray Chris?

2: Did he study any of the other character’s appearances in the series to help his portrayal of Chris?

3: Were there any funny bloopers or outtakes he can remember from the sessions?

4: Was he alone in a recording booth when he did the voice or did he get to act with any of the other voice artists?

--

'The screams, the shouts, the pain, the nightmares...they'll never leave me, that asylum will never leave me...I suffer from it every passing night...what does Umbrella want of me?' - Shane Burns

November 24, 2014 at 2:13 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Xarls

Excellent news indeed, CHE podcast keep meeting the expections!!!

And here´s my question.

- If you could chose 1 and just 1 character in the whole series to voice (Chris doesn´t count) Who would you choose and why?

--

The DEADPOOLEST Crimson Head Elder resident

November 24, 2014 at 11:00 AM Flag Quote & Reply

James Marcus

Great news, thank you CHE team! I would like to ask Mr Whtye why he was not chosen to voice Chris for Umbrella Chronicles and why was he also a replacement, for the guy who voiced Chris in Code Veronica? Was he asked to voice-match with the Code Veronica version of Chris's voice?

--

I will have my revenge on Umbrella!

November 24, 2014 at 5:37 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alan Wenpei Mao

My questions are:

1) Does he talk with the other voice actors that have work on the other games and game he worked on?

2) What does he think about the movies?

3) Is he coming back to do more work for Capcom on Resident Evil Remake HD?

4) Is Capcom planning anything else for Resident Evil Remake?

November 25, 2014 at 3:36 PM Flag Quote & Reply

WiskUK

I vaguely remember reading back in the day that Joe was the famous option screen voice that hollas "Resident Eviiiiillllllll". True or false? If true I hope he still gets royalties!

--

Take the Green Herb?

November 25, 2014 at 7:16 PM Flag Quote & Reply

BSAArklay

I am sure you will ask the normal questions such as how did he get the job or did he have any free range with the dialouge so I will skip those and go for the ones you are less likley to ask.

1. Jill Valentine was voiced by Heidi Anderson but her body scan was taken from Julia Voth. Was this the same for Chris/Joe? Was Joe used for the body and facial scan or did they use someone else OR did they just create Chris from scratch without using a template.

2. Was he given any background information on Chris's character to help him get into the role such as family history, past jobs or anything like that?

3.Only recently I found out that Chris and Richard were the same voice actor so kudos on a great job differing their voices. Were you aware you were auditioning for both roles prior to receiving the job or were you informed later on. Also did you know what role you were auditioning for originally?

4. Which role was your favorite to play? Ignoring the terms of length as Richard plays a smaller part.

5. You may ask this question anyway but just incase I want to know. Did you play through the game post release and did you enjoy it?

6. How did you prepare for the role? Did you listen to any music or watch a horror movie? Also did you do any research on the series or character, or were you aware going into the role?

7. Are you aware that you played a lead role in what I and many other people consider to be not only the greatest Resident Evil game but also the greatest VIDEO GAME ever made? Thank you for being such a key part in it and doing such a fantastic job.

November 25, 2014 at 11:00 PM Flag Quote & Reply

M-Greg

How would you describe Chris' relationship with Wesker before and after he was revealed to be a traitor? His relationship with Jill before and after the mansion? Did you feel there were core aspects of the original that were missing from the REmake or the other way around? Have you and your fellow VA's ever reenacted your spoken scenes in real time and if not, would you, costumes and all? Do you believe that the Mansion Incident cast have been portrayed well in games since REmake? How many games, if any, of the series have you played?

--

The basis of controlling fear... Only those who've conquered fear deserve to rule the world.

December 1, 2014 at 3:11 AM Flag Quote & Reply

George Trevor
Site Owner

Thanks to all residents that have so far submitted questions. We are recording this Saturday, so not much time left now for further questions from the community...

--

Jessica... Lisa... Forgive me. May god justify my death in exchange for your safety.

December 4, 2014 at 2:43 PM Flag Quote & Reply

RedChrisfield

Can't think of many questions that haven't already been asked, but was there any particular line from playing Chris that you remember in particular, whether it's a favorite line or one that just sticks in your memory?

December 5, 2014 at 3:27 PM Flag Quote & Reply

George Trevor
Site Owner

Podcast discussion now recorded with Joe Whyte, who graciously answered all questions in great detail, with such a considerate approach, and being considerably generous with his time. Residents wishing to show their appreciation to Joe may do so, right here in our mansion, as he is a proud member of Crimson Head Elder ~

http://www.crimson-head.com/apps/profile/128849750/

--

December 8, 2014 at 5:21 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Yuan-The-11th

On behalf of myself and many others I would like to thank Joe Whyte for finding time to answer the questions of many Bio Hazard/Resident Evil fans. I have one question that I ask on behalf of one of my friends.

Question - "Have you ever met or interacted with any of the previous actors of Chris from the Resident Evil/Bio Hazard series?"

Again I state my thanks to Joe Whyte.

--

The nobility will rise again. Until that time, farewell!

December 13, 2014 at 6:06 AM Flag Quote & Reply

George Trevor
Site Owner

Yuan-The-11th at December 13, 2014 at 6:06 AM

On behalf of myself and many others I would like to thank Joe Whyte for finding time to answer the questions of many Bio Hazard/Resident Evil fans. I have one question that I ask on behalf of one of my friends.

Question - "Have you ever met or interacted with any of the previous actors of Chris from the Resident Evil/Bio Hazard series?"

Again I state my thanks to Joe Whyte.

THANKS Yuan-The-11th for your support & interest, and you can hear your question, and those of the residents above, posed to Joe Whyte during our live panel discussion on File #3 of the Crimson Head Elder podcast, located at the following links ~

CRIMSON HEAD ELDER PODCAST on iTunes : https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/crimson-head-elder-podcast/id928291374?mt=2

CRIMSON HEAD ELDER TV : http://youtu.be/8Yn54Pu1d4g

RESIDENT EVIL AUDIO : http://www.crimson-head.com/apps/podcast/

February 6, 2015 at 4:27 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Isles487

Hey guys, excellent podcast. I'm experiencing trouble listening to it though. When I attempt to "download the MP3" I'm receiving only a truncated version- the entire podcast never comes through. 

September 20, 2015 at 1:11 PM Flag Quote & Reply

TheOracleDragon
Administrator

Isles487 at September 20, 2015 at 1:11 PM

Hey guys, excellent podcast. I'm experiencing trouble listening to it though. When I attempt to "download the MP3" I'm receiving only a truncated version- the entire podcast never comes through. 

Usually that happens to everyone, it sometimes depends on your internet. I've had some MP3 downloads only load half way, redownloading them with nothing else being downloaded usually gives me the entire download.

See if you can have no programs running that require download, such as YouTube. Try downloading agian and check and see if the download works.

--

September 20, 2015 at 4:25 PM Flag Quote & Reply

BSAArklay

If all else fails here is something I tend to do. Go to the sites Youtube account.

https://www.youtube.com/user/CrimsonHeadElderTV/featured

From there go playlist then podcasts. Select the video of the podcast you want and then copy the address from the bar. Then go here.

http://keepvid.com/

Paste the link and hit download. Then you want to look for the MP3 only download and you are good to go.

September 20, 2015 at 7:15 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Isles487

Thanks for the quick help guys- I'm absolutely fine with listening to the Youtube version (I had tried re-downloading several times but couldn't get the full). 

September 21, 2015 at 8:43 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.