CRIMSON HEAD ELDER

Survival Horror Community & Podcast

RESIDENTS FORUM

Forum Home > THE RACCOON PRESS > Hardest RE?

Xarls

This post is simple residents... Which Resident Evil was more difficult for you to complete? Here is my choice: It´s a close call between Code: Veronica X and Zero.

- Code Veronica: Damn poisonous Hunters, Wesker´s cameras which attract Hunters, posionous Moths, the annoying Nosferatu fight...

- Zero: No vaults!!!!, Rebecca is way too fragile, AI can be annoying, damn Mimic Leeches, some bosses hit Rebecca HARD, the need to split healing items and ammo...

My final choice, the one in which I died most times: Code: Veronica X

Note: REmake wasn´t too hard as I had already played 1 so I knew a trick or two, and I burned every body from the beggining.

Your turn! Let's hear what the residents have to say.

--

The DEADPOOLEST Crimson Head Elder resident

November 8, 2014 at 5:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

USS Command
For me its the Outbreak games, not only must you fine items for yourself but for you ai partners as well. Its not always clear on what to do so you could be spending time trying to fine something and just end up running out of time. Plus the locations of and the items in general change depending on your difficulty something more RE games need to do.
--

"I'll take my Survival Horror like I take my men" - George Trevor, September 3, 2017 at 6:10 PM
"I am so in love with CHE I almost put my willy in the USB port." George Trevor, September 20, 2018 at 12:53 PM
“Great love springs from great knowledge of the beloved object and if you know it but a little, you will be able to love it only a little or not at all.” - Leonardo da Vinci

November 8, 2014 at 6:05 PM Flag Quote & Reply

BSAArklay
Im with USS I played Outbreak only the other day and I kept having to back track because of missed items, im trying hard to finish it but after getting to the moth room in Birkins lab and not having the pass code I just turned it off.
--

"I've had enough of your bullshit! Your just another one of Umbrella's leftovers"

November 8, 2014 at 6:37 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Naveed

For me the hardest RE was REDC psx Chris Advance mode....Hunter Count was increased a lot....it felt harder....Remake in survival mode with chris is hard....Zero is hard in hard difficulty....REDC is the most memorable to me

November 10, 2014 at 2:59 PM Flag Quote & Reply

George Trevor
Site Owner

I still have nightmares thinking back to my first attempts at mastering the controls of REmake, just writing this now is bringing me out in a cold sweat ! But once mastered I still found some of the basic puzzles beyond my then level of gaming experience, having been brought up on 2D platformers like Gryzor (Contra) and Strider, which require eye/hand co-ordination & skill of technique rather than intelligence... so to be frank my first route into the series through Resident Evil 2 on the N64 and REmake was the hardest due to every puzzle that went beyond shoving something heavy from A to B.

--

Jessica... Lisa... Forgive me. May god justify my death in exchange for your safety.

November 11, 2014 at 4:30 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Xarls

I´m surprised about your answers!

I found REmake easier than expected, but Code Veronica: X was a NIGHTMARE for me... I will never forget those Bandersnacths hitting me from out of the camara or following me jumping from balconies or climbing, there was just no way to avoid them! And don´t make me talk about those enhanced Hunters attacking me in groups, those killed me like 5 or 6 times... Something that didn´t happen on REmake (The closest I was to my death was that wall trap).

Besides I found avoiding enemies to be easier in the mansion than in Rockfort... some of them seemed to correct their moves in mid air and the Nosferatu fight was horrible.

--

November 13, 2014 at 4:36 AM Flag Quote & Reply

George Trevor
Site Owner

Xarls I am surprised by your answer !! I adore Code: Veronica X but one of my criticisms is that with too much ammo & too many green herbs, it is too easy, and with no difficulty level there is a missed opportunity to provide a true survival horror experience. The scale of the exploration & puzzles provide great challenge but this is spoilt by an abundance of ammo & herbs.

--

Jessica... Lisa... Forgive me. May god justify my death in exchange for your safety.

November 13, 2014 at 4:40 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Xarls

GT I had some trouble with handgun ammo...I used the crossbow with Claire to save ammo for Chris, I also barely found any gun powder, I think I´ll play it again to check if I can do better!

And as always...very few Magnum ammo (I LOVE that feel when you find some!!!)

--

November 14, 2014 at 5:45 AM Flag Quote & Reply

TheBatMan

I will shake the hand of anyone who can complete RE Zero on hard mode without dying or saving.

November 16, 2014 at 12:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Xarls

TheBatMan at November 16, 2014 at 12:48 PM

I will shake the hand of anyone who can complete RE Zero on hard mode without dying or saving.

Is that even possible? the only "easy" boss fights were the Tyrants...and ammo wasn´t exactly abundant.

--

November 17, 2014 at 6:28 AM Flag Quote & Reply

George Trevor
Site Owner

I can almost get there... the closest being just two saves and two deaths. A nice HD polish would be just the thing to inspire me to finally beat this challenge !

--

March 3, 2015 at 4:44 PM Flag Quote & Reply

SkinniMini1

George Trevor at March 3, 2015 at 4:44 PM

I can almost get there... the closest being just two saves and two deaths. A nice HD polish would be just the thing to inspire me to finally beat this challenge !

Were both of the deaths those of Rebecca? I can imagine that being the case bc of the imo horrible stamina imbalance (god Capcom could have at least make it better in hard mode). What were the two areas where you felt you had to save?
March 3, 2015 at 6:13 PM Flag Quote & Reply

CC

That would be me. Since I dislike the newer games all I play is Zero, REmake, 2, 3 and CVX. I can play them in my sleep. The only challenge is if I stop playing for a few months, then it takes me awhile to remember the strategy I use to beat each game on every level.

March 3, 2015 at 6:17 PM Flag Quote & Reply

SkinniMini1

CC at March 3, 2015 at 6:17 PM

That would be me. Since I dislike the newer games all I play is Zero, REmake, 2, 3 and CVX. I can play them in my sleep. The only challenge is if I stop playing for a few months, then it takes me awhile to remember the strategy I use to beat each game on every level.

Congrats to you for being awesome bc Zero Hard Mode is no joke. Would you mind sharing your strategies with us?
March 3, 2015 at 6:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

NEMESIS

I must admit to finding many of the puzzles in RE3 brain taxing and it took me ages to complete the game on HARD mode whilst downing Nemesis on every meeting - but I finally succeeded after a solid four weeks gaming! If it wasnt for the easy boss battle at the end (which brings an anti-climax to still the greatest Resident Evil game there is) I would count RE3 as the hardest game - but my vote for the number one hardest RE game of them all goes to RE ZERO. I always find myself running out of health items and ammunition for the final form Marcus mutation.

--

STAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRS

March 4, 2015 at 3:01 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ray Redfield

I have always loved Outbreak series but sometimes I find it difficult to complete puzzles or try and maintaining the lives of my partners. Because not only I want to finish the stage by getting out alive but I also felt the need to rescue my partners as well. So there are a lot of focuses involving one game at the same time. Since I am quite sentimental with other characters as well, I try to bring all of them and become survivors together. Resident Evil 4 was also challenging for me because of Ashley's presence. It would be more helpful if she can contribute weapon or attacks or maybe healing but sadly she is the damsel in distress and if we can't save her the game won't gonna end so yeah. She always gets in the way of shooting or killing enemies. As a conclusion the hardest RE games for me are simply the ones which require a lot of cooperation and teamwork. So yeah. :3

--

Fantasy is I am a wingless angel made in heaven. Reality is I am a human born in the beautiful land of the mysterious missing flights.

March 30, 2015 at 1:29 AM Flag Quote & Reply

George Trevor
Site Owner

Ray Redfield at March 30, 2015 at 1:29 AM

I have always loved Outbreak series but sometimes I find it difficult to complete puzzles or try and maintaining the lives of my partners. Because not only I want to finish the stage by getting out alive but I also felt the need to rescue my partners as well. So there are a lot of focuses involving one game at the same time. Since I am quite sentimental with other characters as well, I try to bring all of them and become survivors together. Resident Evil 4 was also challenging for me because of Ashley's presence. It would be more helpful if she can contribute weapon or attacks or maybe healing but sadly she is the damsel in distress and if we can't save her the game won't gonna end so yeah. She always gets in the way of shooting or killing enemies. As a conclusion the hardest RE games for me are simply the ones which require a lot of cooperation and teamwork. So yeah. :3

I have always wanted desperately to engage with both Outbreak games, but the control system on a PS2 controller hampers this experience enormously for me, which is such a terrible shame because this is my perfect type of gameplay for the series and a far more superior method of producing tense, genuine survival horror than the recent over-the-shoulder mess we have some to expect from Capcom.... until now that is, with the wonderful Revelations 2 ! Buy yeah, Outbreak's particularily finickity difficulty & control system is a major barrier in the way of what would be the perfect Resident Evil format for me.

--

April 2, 2015 at 11:01 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Bandage131

Hardest game for me is Code Veronica X. Herbs and ammo just seem impossible for me to find, and that's even when I'm using text or video guides that say "Handgun bullets here!" and then I find nothing, even after pressing X a thousand times on that exact spot. Resident Evil 5 comes a close second, but thanks to it being an action game, I can always find plenty of ammo, even if I can't find herbs.

April 6, 2015 at 1:49 PM Flag Quote & Reply

George Trevor
Site Owner

Bandage131 at April 6, 2015 at 1:49 PM

Hardest game for me is Code Veronica X. Herbs and ammo just seem impossible for me to find, and that's even when I'm using text or video guides that say "Handgun bullets here!" and then I find nothing, even after pressing X a thousand times on that exact spot. Resident Evil 5 comes a close second, but thanks to it being an action game, I can always find plenty of ammo, even if I can't find herbs.

That's interesting because as one of my favourite installment's in the series, I have very few criticisms of Code: Veronica X, but one of my few is that there is no unlockable Hard mode, and for repeated play-throughs as an experienced player wanting replay value, there is far too much Handgun & Bowgun ammo, and far too many Green Herbs, in my opinion.

--

April 6, 2015 at 6:54 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Bandage131

I must just have bad luck with Code Veronica X, then, because I run out of ammo at almost every turn.

April 6, 2015 at 7:08 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.