CRIMSON HEAD ELDER

Survival Horror Community & Podcast

RESIDENTS FORUM

Forum Home > THE SPENCER MANSION > Raj Ramayya Exclusive Debut

George Trevor
Site Owner

OCTOBER 31st, on Halloween night, Crimson Head Elder will première the official public release, outside of Japan, of the original theme to Gun Survivor 4 Biohazard Heroes Never Die (Resident Evil Dead Aim), entitled 'Heroes Never Die', never included on either localisation of the official soundtrack. Written, performed, and sung by professional musician & actor Raj Ramayya, the unmistakable voice for Dead Aim's narration and the enigmatic Bruce McGivern, this beautifully melancholic piece will be played in full, with Raj Ramayya in attendance, live on our podcast, to be released on Halloween night.

Residents will be delighted to hear that the original titular track, which was so unceremoniously substituted by a grotesquely incongruous replacement, for a non-creative reason unrelated to survival horror, is dripping with atmosphere. An audio teaser, just a few seconds from the unreleased theme, has been uploaded below, exclusively for the ears of Crimson Head Elder residents only ~

Preview of Raj Ramayya's original theme for Resident Evil Dead Aim, 'Heroes Never Die' :

You need Adobe Flash Player to view this content.

Residents now have the opportunity to submit their questions for Raj Ramayya, which will be put to him, live on the Crimson Head Elder Podcast File #2 Halloween Special ~

October 12, 2014 at 6:38 PM Flag Quote & Reply

USS Command

As much as I like Rize's Gunshot, that track is a 100 times better in every single way imaginable.

1. How was his experience with recording the dialogue?

2. How was the experience of recording the song Heros Never Die?

3. What was the inspiration for/ how did you come up with the lyrics?

4. How did you feel when Crapcom replaced you song?

5. Did you notice any odd dialogue while doing the recording?

6. Will you ever be willing to come back as Bruce again?

7. What was your favorite part of being envoled with Dead Aim?

8. Did you ever play Dead Aim and if so did you like it?

9. Are you happy with your performance in Dead Aim?

October 12, 2014 at 6:59 PM Flag Quote & Reply

NEMESIS

Are you freakin kidding me!!!?? That track was awesome and so much more the style of the game than the rock track that ruins the atmosphere and it just plain annoying. I have to hear that all the way thru now. I cant even think about questions for Raj Ramayya right now, that unreleased track has taken over my mind, I must hear more!!!

October 12, 2014 at 8:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

BSAArklay

1. Have you played many Resident Evil games?

2. Have you heard from Capcom since Dead Aim about other potential projects?

3. How did you get into working in the VA industry and is there a particular reason you stopped?

4. Are you a fan of video games, if so what games in particular do you enjoy playing?

Sorry I cant think of anymore right now. I dont really know much about Dead Aim, it is one of the games I have yet to play. I guess I am saving it for a rainy day. I am really looking forward to hearing the interview though and thanks to Raj for taking the time to do all of this for us.

October 12, 2014 at 8:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Albert Wesker 187

My God that track was unbelieveable when I passed Resident Evil: Dead Aim a long time it left a feeling of Nostlagia that I cannot put into words when I hear this song it brings back the feelings I had for Dead Aim it is so incredible and Breathtakingly beautiful I cannot stop listening to the track why would Capcom take out this exiquisite song is beyond me.

October 12, 2014 at 9:53 PM Flag Quote & Reply

TheOracleDragon
Administrator

1. What was your first impression when asked to voice a character of Resident Evil?

2. When you were voicing Bruce, did you have to think of his personality to get the way for him to say the lines?

3. The part where Bruce is attacked by Fongling, were you able to see how it went down to get the grunts and straining of the voice accurate? Much like when Bruce is recovering from having been attacked by the Tyrant?

4. Out of the entire recording, what was your favorite line to say besides Morpheus?

5. Been curious, have you played Dead Aim since it was released and have you played any of the other RE games?

6, Did you have an awkward moment when you found out that there'll be a female tyrant?

7. Did you actually meet the other voice actors and actress who voiced the other characters?

8. Any issues happen during the recording?

9. Do you still feel a bit tight that Capcom rejected your song? (As in for the ending soundtrack for the game.)

October 12, 2014 at 11:31 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alan Wenpei Mao

1. Do you have any fun stories from when you recorded Resident Evil Dead Aim?

2. Did you have any questions for Capcom during the recording of Dead Aim?

3. Are you currently working on anything related to video games?

4. Do you like sci fi or horror movies?

5. Have you played any of the recent Resident Evil games, such as RE4, RE5, RERevelations, or RE6? [:D]

6. Have you seen any of the Resident Evil movies? Did you like them?

7. Did Capcom tell you that they replaced your song?

October 13, 2014 at 12:00 AM Flag Quote & Reply

James Marcus

The original theme is wonderful and is clearly the granddaddy of the track used for the save room. Raj Ramayya's original was perfect for the Spencer Rain save room in its instrumental form and mixed differently to match the slower nature of the RE save room themes. However that still does not explain or excuse the ridiculous decision to replace it with a heavy rock song. I have always hated that choice and now that I know what could have been - an original arrangement of the save room music, I curse those fools at Capcom - curse them I do! So for Capcom I ask WHY? And for Raj I ask:

1. What was the inspiraation for your Southern accented voice for Bruce, which sounds very different to your singing voice? Were you directed by the production team to voice him this way? Was the word "redneck" ever mentioned?!!

2. Did you and the Fong Ling actress get to hang out much - professionally of course!

3. What was it like to work with the actor for Morpheus Duvall?

4. Did you have any contact with Capcom to voice Bruce in Namco x Capcom?

October 13, 2014 at 4:10 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Yuan-The-11th

What a most magnificent opportunity, my applauds to everyone who was involved/able to arrange for this sample & interview. I do not know if my questions will have substance to them but since Resident Evil Dead Aim is one of the best games I ever had the joy of playing & such chance to ask questions to someone involved in bringing the game to life comes once in a life-time, I shall ask a couple questions of my own.

1. Were you afforded creative liberty by Capcom on how to handle voice work or were you giving specific instructions by Capcom on how to handle the voice work?

2. What was the experience like in doing both voice acting & as well as song singing in the same game?

Those are the two most prominent questions that come to my mind, I will see if I can find any other admirers of Resident Evil Dead Aim to submit their questions in such matter. Hopefully I was able to help this topic at least a little. I am sure that there are many people out there who recall fondly of his performance in Resident Evil Dead Aim, his talent is not unnoticed.

October 14, 2014 at 12:53 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Xarls

This will be an awesome interview!!! And here comes my questions:

1. You have also done voice acting in Bloody Roar 4 and Shemnue II (if I´m not mistaken) but it seems like in the last decade you are 100% focused on your music. Do you plan to come back to voice acting?

2. The obvious question: Your voiced character, Bruce McGyvern has been abandoned in what is fashionably called "Forgotten Character Island" with fan favourites Barry Barton (although it seems he will leave it soon), Rebecca Chambers, Ark Thompson, Carlos Oliveira and HUNK, among many others. If Capcom decided to send a ship called Resident Evil 7 so Bruce could leave that infamous island...Would Raj Ramayya come back with it?.

3. This will be a different question...in Dead Aim/Heroes Never Die ending we get a pretty open ending in which Fong Ling and Bruce finally kiss, but she rejects going with him to the U.S.A. How do you imagine your character after 10 years have passed since Dead Aim? is he living in the U.S.A with Fong Ling? Perhaps working against B.O.W? Or maybe one of the mysterious "Original Eleven" of the B.S.A.A?

That´s pretty much all I could came up with...the other Resident´s questions are great already.

October 15, 2014 at 7:08 AM Flag Quote & Reply

AvP Ryu

My questions for future podcast are:

1. How long did it take for the song "Heroes never die'' to be written?

2. Were there any differences in the original lyrics of the song compared to the final version?

3. Your song was replaced by Rize's song "Gun Shot" - Why was this chosen?

4. Does the song "heroes never die'' explore a romantic aspect in the relationship between Bruce and Fong Ling?

5. Would like to return to work with Capcom on a possible sequel?

October 15, 2014 at 7:14 AM Flag Quote & Reply

George Trevor
Site Owner

Thank you to all the residents that have posed pertitent & passionate questions, which will be put live to the very talented & generous Raj Ramayya, live of File #2 of our Podcast, released on Halloween. My favourite questions from those so far submitted are ~

Q. What was the inspiration for/ how did you come up with the lyrics? (USS Command)

Q. How did you feel when Crapcom replaced you song? (USS Command)

Q. What was the inspiraation for your Southern accented voice for Bruce, which sounds very different to your singing voice? Were you directed by the production team to voice him this way? Was the word "redneck" ever mentioned?!! (James Marcus)

Q. Were you afforded creative liberty by Capcom on how to handle voice work or were you giving specific instructions by Capcom on how to handle the voice work? (Yuan-The-11th)

Q. The obvious question: Your voiced character, Bruce McGyvern has been abandoned in what is fashionably called "Forgotten Character Island" with fan favourites Barry Barton (although it seems he will leave it soon), Rebecca Chambers, Ark Thompson, Carlos Oliveira and HUNK, among many others. If Capcom decided to send a ship called Resident Evil 7 so Bruce could leave that infamous island...Would Raj Ramayya come back with it? (Xarls)

Q. Does the song "heroes never die'' explore a romantic aspect in the relationship between Bruce and Fong Ling? (AvP Ryu)

Q. The part where Bruce is attacked by Fongling, were you able to see how it went down to get the grunts and straining of the voice accurate? Much like when Bruce is recovering from having been attacked by the Tyrant? (TheOracleDragon)

October 15, 2014 at 5:08 PM Flag Quote & Reply

M-Greg

I am truly excited to hear the rest of the track!!! My heart bleeds for you, Mr. Ramayya, given Capcom replacing your beautiful song. My questions are:

1. Did you ever have any contact with Claire O'Connor or Angus Waycott (Fong Ling and Morpheus) outside of the recording studio? If so, what are they like in real life??

2. Have you considered coming back to the world of video game voice acting or soundtrack recording? I think you deserve a comeback!

3. Were you aware of the series before being asked to voice the lead in Dead Aim? Have you played any of the games? If ever asked, would you voice Bruce in another RE game?

4. How would you describe Bruce and Morpheus' feelings towards one another? Did you find their interactions entertaining or disturbing? What about Fong Ling, where do you imagine she and Bruce stand to this day?

Sadly, I've only ever been able to watch the cutscenes, but the story is definitely one of my favorites outside of the main canon! I still have to make time to listen to the first podcast (and a great many others before it for that matter), but I look forward to this and future installments with great enthusiasm! P.S. George, I HOPE THAT SONG GOES ON THE SITE'S HOMEPAGE PLAYLIST!!!

October 16, 2014 at 5:21 AM Flag Quote & Reply

George Trevor
Site Owner

QUOTE M-Greg : "P.S. George, I HOPE THAT SONG GOES ON THE SITE'S HOMEPAGE PLAYLIST!!!"

Great idea man, I was thinking just that the other day, but if you check our slightly re-designed Homepage, you'll see I now have the problem of finding another part of the CHE mansion to house our survival horror themed juke box http://www.crimson-head.com/

October 16, 2014 at 8:24 AM Flag Quote & Reply

NEMESIS

I have recovered from my euphoria of hearing the original version of the save room theme & my anger at knowing it's replacement, so now I can calmly think up some questions...

1. What was it like to work with the other voice actors, especially Angus Waycott who voiced Morpheus Duvall?

2. Did all the artists get to discuss and read thru scripts together?

3. Are you planning on returning to acting, and what is your favorite passion - music or acting?

October 16, 2014 at 2:05 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Wesker_101

I can't believe a theme as awesome as that was replaced. Weird.

Most of the questions I would've thought of have already been asked, but I was wondering:

1. Do you think Dead Aim got the recognition it deserved?

There are quite a few people who are unfamiliar with it, but I feel as though the story was quite good--and should've at least amassed a greater following. Regardless, I really enjoyed your work as Bruce. Hopefully we'll see you return to the character in the future. 

October 16, 2014 at 2:50 PM Flag Quote & Reply

[STARS]TyranT

Q/ I'm sure it's a long time to recall, but many in the Biohazard community are always fascinated by the deleted content. Can you remember anything substantial that never made the final game? 

Dead Aim is a massive fan favourite of the series, regarded the greatest of the spin offs by quite a margin. 

October 17, 2014 at 4:42 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ray Redfield

1) Do you think Dead Aim should have more attention and love?

2) What was playing in your mind when voicing the character?

3) Will there be any chance that Bruce and Fongling might appear again in another Resident Evil series?

--

Fantasy is I am a wingless angel made in heaven. Reality is I am a human born in the beautiful land of the mysterious missing flights.

October 19, 2014 at 5:53 AM Flag Quote & Reply

WiskUK

I cant remember the last time I posted in a Resident Evil forum, it must have been more than five yrs ago! I was promted to find my way here and post when I saw the news about this Dead Aim podcast. Thank you to this site's staff for featuring a survival horror game from Resi's past rather than gush about another borefest from Capcom with Revelations 2 like so many other RE sheep (Rely On Horror to name but 100!)

Dead Aim has long been a favorite of mine, the charcters have the most interesting inter-relationships than any other game in the series, Bruce & Fong Ling were a far more dynamic couple with better chemistry than the anodyne Rebecca/Billy partnership. With that in mind, I wanted to ask Raj Ramayya how much character backstory he was given before the game went into production and how much time did the production team spend with Raj discussing the finer details of Bruce's character mid-recording?

--

Take the Green Herb?

October 19, 2014 at 12:44 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.