CRIMSON HEAD ELDER

Survival Horror Community & Podcast

RESIDENTS FORUM

Forum Home > THE SPENCER MANSION > Podcast File #1 Feedback

George Trevor
Site Owner

File #1 of the Crimson Head Elder podcast, with special star guest Michelle Ruff, has been uploaded to our Resident Evil Audio section, YouTube channel & iTunes:

Crimson Head Elder TV  Subscribe for more podcasts

RESIDENT EVIL AUDIO  Download high quality MP3 

SUBSRIBE on iTunes  Podcast updates & downloads

File #1 contents

1. Resident Evil global news

2. Resident Evil at The Tokyo Game Show

3. Michelle Ruff Interview

4. Resident Evil Revelations debate & review

5. Crimson Head Elder residents call-ins & questions

6. Resident Evil quiz 'The Right To Be A God'

Residents are invited to post their feedback below, including reviews, requests, suggestions, complaints, and insults. Particular points of interest for File #1 panellists are whether too many audio clips were included, and would less formal, more anarcic format for the quiz have been preferable?

October 6, 2014 at 3:12 PM Flag Quote & Reply

TheOracleDragon
Administrator

I really enjoyed listening to it, covering various grounds and many of which can be talked about more in fine detail and shared interests on how the series is coming along and that of the recent games.

Everyone did a very good job and the listen was perfect. I've been listening to it while editing the new chapter for R.E.S.S..

--

'The screams, the shouts, the pain, the nightmares...they'll never leave me, that asylum will never leave me...I suffer from it every passing night...what does Umbrella want of me?' - Shane Burns

October 6, 2014 at 6:34 PM Flag Quote & Reply

BSAArklay

Was fun recording this, looking forward to future recordings and I heard there are some exciting ideas about where this project is going.

I listened to the THIA then PU podcasts and now I am on the CHE podcasts and this is absolutley the best RE podcasts on the internet. 3 exclusive interviews with VA from the games on one episode and this was the first epsiode.

October 6, 2014 at 7:07 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Vito

Amazing work GT. I still can't believe Michelle Ruff did all of her voice work for Revelations in just 4 days. Very interetsing.

October 6, 2014 at 7:08 PM Flag Quote & Reply

NEMESIS

TheOracleDragon at October 6, 2014 at 6:34 PM

I really enjoyed listening to it, covering various grounds and many of which can be talked about more in fine detail and shared interests on how the series is coming along and that of the recent games.

Everyone did a very good job and the listen was perfect. I've been listening to it while editing the new chapter for R.E.S.S..

New Resident Evil podcast and a new chapter of Shane's Story is great news I was not expecting at the same time! I would love to hear a reading on the next podcast. I listened to the download of today's podcast after school and it was just awesome all the way thru. Great job from all the CHE podcasting team. Cant wait for the next one & R.E.S.S.

--

STAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRS

October 6, 2014 at 7:14 PM Flag Quote & Reply

James Marcus

BSAArklay at October 6, 2014 at 7:07 PM

Was fun recording this, looking forward to future recordings and I heard there are some exciting ideas about where this project is going.

I listened to the THIA then PU podcasts and now I am on the CHE podcasts and this is absolutley the best RE podcasts on the internet. 3 exclusive interviews with VA from the games on one episode and this was the first epsiode.

I commented in the news page that this was the most enjoyable RE podcast I have heard. It's duration was longer than any other from the other sites and it was still the most interesting - I wasnt bored for any minute which I cannot say about of the other podcasts out there. Crimson Head Elder I was nodding my agreement at your points on a RE TV show and the comics listening to this on the bus and the woman opposite me kept giving me angry looks - maybe she liked the films :P

--

I will have my revenge on Umbrella!

October 6, 2014 at 7:32 PM Flag Quote & Reply

BSAArklay

James Marcus at October 6, 2014 at 7:32 PM

BSAArklay at October 6, 2014 at 7:07 PM

I commented in the news page that this was the most enjoyable RE podcast I have heard. It's duration was longer than any other from the other sites and it was still the most interesting - I wasnt bored for any minute which I cannot say about of the other podcasts out there. Crimson Head Elder I was nodding my agreement at your points on a RE TV show and the comics listening to this on the bus and the woman opposite me kept giving me angry looks - maybe she liked the films :P

That is awesome to hear you enjoyed it so much James. I feel the same way about it as you. I do cringe abit when I hear my voice but to hear other peoples opinions on the series is refreshing especially when it comes from the people who are dedicated hardcore fans of the series. Wether I was on this podcast or not though I still enjoy it exactly the same as I have all previous podcasts from PU and THIA. I am glad you mentioned the time limit because I only want to hear more and more and when the podcasts used to end I was gutted about that so the fact that they are longer makes for more listening which = a big thumbs up in my book.

--

"I've had enough of your bullshit! Your just another one of Umbrella's leftovers"

October 6, 2014 at 8:03 PM Flag Quote & Reply

USS Command
I'm very happy to have been a part of this podcast I had a lot of fun! I think everyone did a great job, and i cant find myself having any complaint what so ever! As the first podcast it went down great! I'm really looking forward to being apart of the next one! Also Oracle you did a great job closing out the podcast it sounded very professional!
--

"I'll take my Survival Horror like I take my men" - George Trevor, September 3, 2017 at 6:10 PM
"I am so in love with CHE I almost put my willy in the USB port." George Trevor, September 20, 2018 at 12:53 PM
“Great love springs from great knowledge of the beloved object and if you know it but a little, you will be able to love it only a little or not at all.” - Leonardo da Vinci

October 6, 2014 at 9:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Schism21
Thoroughly enjoyed listening to File 1. On the subject of the audio clips I thought they were great, good quality and added quite a bit of atmosphere too.
October 7, 2014 at 3:48 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Albert Wesker 187

I just finished hearing the entire podcast it was very well done the voice were precise and concise I was able to hear everybody very well and understand them TheOracleDragon has an awesome voice for narrating and I loved every single moment of it and looking forward to the next one. Now regarding the quiz George I actually preferred the more serious tone than the funner version to me the serious one was a lot funnier for some reason so personally I would keep the more serious tone instead man other than that no complaints on my end.

I especially loved all the voice actors you interviewed when they all said the Crimson Head Elder podcast it was magnificient and the songs you played where awesome and went really well with the entire podcast I especially loved when you played all the save room songs and also the prometheus song was a perfect fit everything flowed perfectly well; I cannot wait for the second podcast I am very excited to be in another podcast with all you guys it is going to be a huge honor working with everybody again.

--

"The only thing that can defeat power is more power. That is the one constant in this universe. However, there is no point in power if it consumes itself. I will enlist the help of an old friend against our common foe; I will use one pawn to eliminate the other, and emerge with the spoils for myself... "

October 7, 2014 at 5:17 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Wesker_101

This Podcast was really fun to listen to. The amount of content here is more than enough to satisfy any RE fan. I've never listened to a RE Podcast before, but now I'm looking forward to #2. Great work, guys!

October 7, 2014 at 11:03 AM Flag Quote & Reply

USS Command
A friend of mine pointed out that I sounded like I having trouble talking and I wanted to let you guys know why that is incase anyone else noticed it. I had bruised a rib and found it hard to breath and keep my breath.
--

"I'll take my Survival Horror like I take my men" - George Trevor, September 3, 2017 at 6:10 PM
"I am so in love with CHE I almost put my willy in the USB port." George Trevor, September 20, 2018 at 12:53 PM
“Great love springs from great knowledge of the beloved object and if you know it but a little, you will be able to love it only a little or not at all.” - Leonardo da Vinci

October 7, 2014 at 1:07 PM Flag Quote & Reply

William Birkin

You guys did a great work on this, really good and professionnal podcast.
Those interviews, don't know how you always manage to get them that's perfect!
This HAVE to be shared by everyone :)

Please do more and more :p
(and with a goodies part!)

--

Resident Evil / Biohazard Collector

October 8, 2014 at 9:03 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Dios del Rio

I liked it but I liked the old quiz format much more, and also the podcast has too many cuts to insert game dialog, it has no flow. Overall I liked it, keep up the good work.

Are you guys working on the itunes feed?.

October 8, 2014 at 10:27 AM Flag Quote & Reply

George Trevor
Site Owner

Dios del Rio at October 8, 2014 at 10:27 AM

I liked it but I liked the old quiz format much more, and also the podcast has too many cuts to insert game dialog, it has no flow. Overall I liked it, keep up the good work.

Thanks for the feedback Dios del Rio. I think you are confusing us with another site - this is our début podcast ! Your feedback on the style of the quiz and the number of audio inserts is vital because these two points are the most debated by the team.

Regarding the audio inserts of relevant dialogue, music & montages. I am in the camp who believe there were not too many, but there are others that completely agree with you. One thing the team do agree on here, is that an amount of audio clips of dialogue & music that are relevant, are necessary to break up different sections and create an atmosphere and thus a podcast identity.

For example, without the Revelations 2 insert the conversation would just jump from one main topic to a completely new one, without any break and sound amateurish, confusing and rather dull too. If you were to hear the un-edited version you may appreciate more just how dry, disorganised & stilted the Revelations 2 discussion was without suitable structure put in place with sections broken up by a very short (5 seconds) audio insert. But I am sure the best solution is to utilise this technique with extreme caution, because if not, the danger is that listeners will be put-off by a stop-start approach that destroys the conversational flow.

The quiz must have an identity, and to this end was extremely serious, to the point where it took itself so seriously it was clearly tongue-in-cheek, the format we experimented with for File#1. Depending on the feedback the panel get for this approach, a changed format which is extremely anarchic will be experimented on for File #2.

--

Jessica... Lisa... Forgive me. May god justify my death in exchange for your safety.

October 8, 2014 at 4:42 PM Flag Quote & Reply

BSAArklay

Lol I just had this discussion. Obviously File 2 will be going through some changes and File 3 will be different again in some ways. We are trying some new things with this podcast and we wont stop untill everyone is satisfied with the outcome. The PU podcast was great but I agree with GT that we do need to be different from that to seperate ourselves. We are just trying to find the right method right now.

October 8, 2014 at 6:26 PM Flag Quote & Reply

NEMESIS

Schism21 at October 7, 2014 at 3:48 AM

Thoroughly enjoyed listening to File 1. On the subject of the audio clips I thought they were great, good quality and added quite a bit of atmosphere too.

All the audio clips matched the game they were introducing so they helped to get the mood right for the next discussion and the audio clips of dialogue really helped me imagine the atmosphere of Resident Evil. I agree the quality was great too!

--

STAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRS

October 8, 2014 at 8:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Dios del Rio

George Trevor at October 8, 2014 at 4:42 PM

Dios del Rio at October 8, 2014 at 10:27 AM

Thanks for the feedback Dios del Rio. I think you are confusing us with another site - this is our début podcast ! Your feedback on the style of the quiz and the number of audio inserts is vital because these two points are the most debated by the team.

Regarding the audio inserts of relevant dialogue, music & montages. I am in the camp who believe there were not too many, but there are others that completely agree with you. One thing the team do agree on here, is that an amount of audio clips of dialogue & music that are relevant, are necessary to break up different sections and create an atmosphere and thus a podcast identity.

For example, without the Revelations 2 insert the conversation would just jump from one main topic to a completely new one, without any break and sound amateurish, confusing and rather dull too. If you were to hear the un-edited version you may appreciate more just how dry, disorganised & stilted the Revelations 2 discussion was without suitable structure put in place with sections broken up by a very short (5 seconds) audio insert. But I am sure the best solution is to utilise this technique with extreme caution, because if not, the danger is that listeners will be put-off by a stop-start approach that destroys the conversational flow.

The quiz must have an identity, and to this end was extremely serious, to the point where it took itself so seriously it was clearly tongue-in-cheek, the format we experimented with for File#1. Depending on the feedback the panel get for this approach, a changed format which is extremely anarchic will be experimented on for File #2.

With the other quiz format I mean the PU podcast format, I know that is not a  podcast from this site but I can't help to associate it with some of you.

October 9, 2014 at 5:56 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Alan Wenpei Mao

The quality was awesome! The use of audio clips in between sections is good, but you have to be careful not to oversaturate it. :)

The quiz format for the first one needs to be broken up a little. I am looking forward to hearing the second podcast and second quiz.

I loved the interview! Hope there are more interviews in the future of Crimson Head Elder podcasts. Awesome work guys and good luck on future podcasts!

October 9, 2014 at 7:07 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Neptune

The quality was excellent, well done GT. made our PU ones look amaturish really lol. If anyone wants to be involved with the next one, let GT know and we can arrange.

--

"You're going to need a bigger boat"

"Neo Umbrella? - that's a great idea ~ the Batman

October 11, 2014 at 12:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.