CRIMSON HEAD ELDER

Survival Horror Community & Podcast

RESIDENTS FORUM

Forum Home > BIRKIN'S LABORATORY > TerraSave bracelet debate

M-Greg

No one seemed to notice or be interested in responding to my previous thoughts on this matter, so I'd like to formally declare my theory and curiosity as to whether anyone agrees with it.

Those green-turned-red bracelets were being worn by seemingly everyone attending that TerraSave event in the debut trailer (with the exception, unless I'm mistaken, of the little girl). What can be deduced from what material we have so far is that the bracelets are a signal of viral infection, whether just the one that creates "The Afflicted" or all kinds remains to be seen. Claire's gameplay tells me that they are a warning of nearby afflicted enemies, but could it additionally be more than that?

Could whoever is watching and orchestrating these events from behind the curtain Jigsaw-style also be using these bracelets to trigger these afflicted transformations?? Claire certainly doesn't seem cooperative or familiar with the concept of this device, which isn't exactly a positive sign in her situation. But before that, what set my mind in this direction was the layout of the teaser.

Just about everyone in the room has one on, yet those healthy and mingling are apparently quite oblivious to those afflicted just on the opposite end of the room, as if these mutations were spontaneous and still in the process of being completed/noticed. A man even grabs at his forearm desperately while his bracelet glows red and he slowly begins to change. What do you guys think??? Has someone invented a viral trigger more entertaining and practical than the syringe pistol?

--

The basis of controlling fear... Only those who've conquered fear deserve to rule the world.

September 26, 2014 at 1:46 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Albert Wesker 187

Your theory is very interesting I agree with your theory a lot I believe that possibly it might have been put in the food or the drinks perhaps whatever virus they are using this time is probably odorless and tasteless so that could be another possible theory of what others are transforming and others are not.

--

"The only thing that can defeat power is more power. That is the one constant in this universe. However, there is no point in power if it consumes itself. I will enlist the help of an old friend against our common foe; I will use one pawn to eliminate the other, and emerge with the spoils for myself... "

September 26, 2014 at 2:41 AM Flag Quote & Reply

BSAArklay
Administrator

http://www.gamespot.com/videos/what-to-expect-from-resident-evil-revelations-2-tg/2300-6421407/

I mentioned this on the podcast. I think the braclets are a fear factor mechanic.

I thought it was a health gauge or infection gauge, but seems like it is some sort of fear system. If anyone has played 'The Thing' video game you will know what I am talking about. Possibly when you are on red you receive more damage and when on green you have a stronger resistance to it or something along those lines.

--

"I've had enough of your bullshit! Your just another one of Umbrella's leftovers"

September 26, 2014 at 9:45 AM Flag Quote & Reply

M-Greg

I like both of your thoughts! Sounds nerve-wracking. Now you have to not only keep track of your health externally but also have to watch that gague too! Love it. Hopefully it rings true and the bracelets aren't just some red herring or less significant than they seem.

--

The basis of controlling fear... Only those who've conquered fear deserve to rule the world.

September 27, 2014 at 12:05 AM Flag Quote & Reply

George Trevor
Site Owner

M-Greg at September 26, 2014 at 1:46 AM

No one seemed to notice or be interested in responding to my previous thoughts on this matter, so I'd like to formally declare my theory and curiosity as to whether anyone agrees with it.

Those green-turned-red bracelets were being worn by seemingly everyone attending that TerraSave event in the debut trailer (with the exception, unless I'm mistaken, of the little girl). What can be deduced from what material we have so far is that the bracelets are a signal of viral infection, whether just the one that creates "The Afflicted" or all kinds remains to be seen. Claire's gameplay tells me that they are a warning of nearby afflicted enemies, but could it additionally be more than that?

Could whoever is watching and orchestrating these events from behind the curtain Jigsaw-style also be using these bracelets to trigger these afflicted transformations?? Claire certainly doesn't seem cooperative or familiar with the concept of this device, which isn't exactly a positive sign in her situation. But before that, what set my mind in this direction was the layout of the teaser.

Just about everyone in the room has one on, yet those healthy and mingling are apparently quite oblivious to those afflicted just on the opposite end of the room, as if these mutations were spontaneous and still in the process of being completed/noticed. A man even grabs at his forearm desperately while his bracelet glows red and he slowly begins to change. What do you guys think??? Has someone invented a viral trigger more entertaining and practical than the syringe pistol?

Give them a chance, you'll get responses from residents here, but the comments tend to be more individual observations, rather than debate/discussion.

I am reluctant to take too much as literal from the concept trailer, as it was simply a concept, and so must be seen as an amalgamation of direct and indirect themes & ingrediants for the game, that will not necessarily be found in the game in that specific form shown in the trailer. The gameplay videos fresh out of TGS would offer more practical use, if it were not for the fact that most those TGS players I had the misfortune to watch, seemed to be on speed runs.

These bracelets really intrigue me, and clearly others. To simply see them as alarm signals/warnings triggered by infection, as I initially did, offers nothing to the gameplay, and I feel there is far more potential for sinister narrative if these bracelets offer a far more insidious secret... like for example 'the watcher' has a direct link to these bracelets, and as M-Greg suggests may have the power to manipulate them. I would like to know more about their physiology & relationship to the wearer, so e.g are they physically attached to the point that there is a link between the device & the wearer's bloodstream ?

--

Jessica... Lisa... Forgive me. May god justify my death in exchange for your safety.

September 27, 2014 at 4:17 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Yoke

"Without going into too much details, I will say that we aren't dealing with an illness in the traditional sense. The afflicted are human and have been driven crazy, they will attack and they will bite Claire and Moira, but they don't carry a virus, they won't get anybody sick. It's a whole different process that's gotten them to the way they are."

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/capcoms-philosophy-behind-resident-evil-revelation/1100-6422511/

--

"What a mess we made, when it all went wrong."

October 2, 2014 at 5:40 AM Flag Quote & Reply

James Marcus

BSAArklay at September 26, 2014 at 9:45 AM

http://www.gamespot.com/videos/what-to-expect-from-resident-evil-revelations-2-tg/2300-6421407/

I mentioned this on the podcast. I think the braclets are a fear factor mechanic.

I thought it was a health gauge or infection gauge, but seems like it is some sort of fear system. If anyone has played 'The Thing' video game you will know what I am talking about. Possibly when you are on red you receive more damage and when on green you have a stronger resistance to it or something along those lines.

A fear system would be a gameplay feature that would work, so it seems there are people inside Capcom that know what they are doing, which is something I have not seen for a long time. I can think back to a few games that use fear as a gameplay feature, the one I most enjoyed playing was Eternal Darkness - your sanity would be drained if your fear became too intense, and when your sanity leaves you, then the scares really hit hard!! If this is something we see with Revelations 2 I think it would become very popular with fans and it could be a huge part of RE in the future.

--

I will have my revenge on Umbrella!

October 3, 2014 at 4:05 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.