CRIMSON HEAD ELDER

Survival Horror Community Site & Podcast

RESIDENTS FORUM

Forum Home > THE RACCOON PRESS > Resident Evil Heavenly Island

Mr.1035

The new official manga of Resident Evil is coming this winter, the author is still Naoki Serizawa, the same author of Resident Evil Marhawa Desire. The title of the manga is "Biohazard Heavenly Island".

It says"Nightmare returns" and features a zombiefied woman who wears a bikini in the picture.
--

A man coded with 1035.

September 8, 2014 at 9:10 PM Flag Quote & Reply

USS Command
Administrator
Well that's some "heavenly" news! Was really hoping for another manga!
--

"I'll take my Survival Horror like I take my men" - George Trevor, September 3, 2017 at 6:10 PM
"I am so in love with CHE I almost put my willy in the USB port." George Trevor, September 20, 2018 at 12:53 PM
“Great love springs from great knowledge of the beloved object and if you know it but a little, you will be able to love it only a little or not at all.” - Leonardo da Vinci

September 8, 2014 at 9:15 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Yuan-The-11th

This is good news for me as I actually rather liked "BIO HAZARD Marhawa Desire", the story was a lot more grisly then other stories and the fact the it had a female as its antagonist was a plus for me as villainesses can be a rarity these days.

Thank you Mr.1035, for posting this news.

--

The nobility will rise again. Until that time, farewell!

September 8, 2014 at 10:26 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Vito

Praying that it also comes to America.

September 9, 2014 at 12:12 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Xarls

Yuan-The-11th at September 8, 2014 at 10:26 PM

This is good news for me as I actually rather liked "BIO HAZARD Marhawa Desire", the story was a lot more grisly then other stories and the fact the it had a female as its antagonist was a plus for me as villainesses can be a rarity these days.

I´m also enjoying Marhawa, but I have only read until tome 4, I can´t find tome 5 in English anywhere :(

--

The DEADPOOLEST Crimson Head Elder resident

September 9, 2014 at 4:28 AM Flag Quote & Reply

USS Command
Administrator

Xarls at September 9, 2014 at 4:28 AM

Yuan-The-11th at September 8, 2014 at 10:26 PM

I´m also enjoying Marhawa, but I have only read until tome 4, I can´t find tome 5 in English anywhere :(

It doesn't help but there was a person on tumbler who had it up, but I think they are gone now. But it'll be on here sooner or later. I'm kinda hoping this is Capcom's new thing MANGA tie-ins for every new installment or main installments.
--

"I'll take my Survival Horror like I take my men" - George Trevor, September 3, 2017 at 6:10 PM
"I am so in love with CHE I almost put my willy in the USB port." George Trevor, September 20, 2018 at 12:53 PM
“Great love springs from great knowledge of the beloved object and if you know it but a little, you will be able to love it only a little or not at all.” - Leonardo da Vinci

September 9, 2014 at 10:59 AM Flag Quote & Reply

TheBatMan

Ugh, looks awful. That one image is just... terrible.

September 9, 2014 at 11:35 AM Flag Quote & Reply

George Trevor
Site Owner

Thank you Mr.1035 for posting this, I am always particularily interested in new Biohazard/Resident Evil manga and other graphic novels & comics. After a very promising start with the beautiful Marvel #1 comic, and Wildstorm's Collection One in 1998, and the very great Hong Kong Code: Veronica graphic novels aside, I think the series has been served very, very poorly in this genre, with some quite atrocious comics that have shamed Resident Evil (most the Chinese comics, Fire & Ice, and Stan Lee should hang his head in shame to have attached Wildstorm's name to the last set of Resident Evil comics that lead up to RE5).

I have to agree with TheBatMan, that image is cringeworthy !

--

Jessica... Lisa... Forgive me. May god justify my death in exchange for your safety.

September 10, 2014 at 3:04 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Vito

But why? It's just a dead girl in a bikini. 

September 10, 2014 at 4:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

USS Command
Administrator

Vito at September 10, 2014 at 4:48 PM

But why? It's just a dead girl in bikini. 

Maybe its because they're trying to make here look "dead-sexy"?

--

September 10, 2014 at 4:59 PM Flag Quote & Reply

James Marcus

Vito at September 9, 2014 at 12:12 AM

Praying that it also comes to America.

My thougts too when I saw CHE's twitter feed post this news but that image fills me with the wrong sort of dread - it does look terrible.

--

I will have my revenge on Umbrella!

September 11, 2014 at 4:03 AM Flag Quote & Reply

AvP Ryu

The cover is more reminiscent of the game Dead Island, than Resident Evil. Unless, that comic artist, is going for a boring story, full of girls in bikinis, until you reach an outbreak of zombies attacking everyone, as always. I just hope that the artist has improved his art, using more creative freedom in this comic. Because Marhawa Desire, was full of cliches.

--

Computer geeks ....we’re not so easy to kill.

September 11, 2014 at 7:26 AM Flag Quote & Reply

George Trevor
Site Owner

I don't want to go all Mary Whitehouse on your arse Vito, but I think that this image being so unnecessarily over-sexualised demeans the series, by insulting the intelligence of the fans, belittling its female players, and yet again taking away any shred of integrity that the series just may have had left. If they wanted to showcase a dead female, why not use a little wit, imagination & intelligence to create a stunningly powerful image, rather than this puerile forced state of undress ?!

--

Jessica... Lisa... Forgive me. May god justify my death in exchange for your safety.

September 11, 2014 at 10:05 AM Flag Quote & Reply

USS Command
Administrator

George Trevor at September 11, 2014 at 10:05 AM

I don't want to go all Mary Whitehouse on your arse Vito, but I think that this image being so unnecessarily over-sexualised demeans the series, by insulting the intelligence of the fans, belittling its female players, and yet again taking away any shred of integrity that the series just may have had left. If they wanted to showcase a dead female, why not use a little wit, imagination & intelligence to create a stunningly powerful image, rather than this puerile forced state of undress ?!

My crappy joke aside I agree with George, I like the story telling in Marhawa Desire but the stereotypic anime/manga moments felt out of place and forced, at least to me that is, and the cover to Heavenly Island is no different. I'm really looking forward to its story but I hope it's not trying to be High School of the Dead (I like the manga but it's heavily sexualized).

--

September 11, 2014 at 12:12 PM Flag Quote & Reply

NEMESIS

AvP Ryu at September 11, 2014 at 7:26 AM

The cover is more reminiscent of the game Dead Island, than Resident Evil. Unless, that comic artist, is going for a boring story, full of girls in bikinis, until you reach an outbreak of zombies attacking everyone, as always. I just hope that the artist has improved his art, using more creative freedom in this comic. Because Marhawa Desire, was full of cliches.

Unfortunately I see nothing from that first choice for the debut cover art to suggest this manga will be any less cliched than Marhawa Desire, in fact it may well suggest that it's going to be even more focused on banal sexulisation.

--

STAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRS

September 11, 2014 at 3:00 PM Flag Quote & Reply

fletcherc

I'm not a big fan of mangas as such but that aside I have to agree: horrible cover. I don't mind that they chose that bikini girl (sex sells, so what) but they should have thrown in a few zombies or something more RE related than just some girl with a rotting flesh wound. I probably won't buy this when it comes out over here.

--

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
When you're good at something, never do it for free ...
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

September 12, 2014 at 2:38 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Vito

Claire is confirmed to be the lead for the manga (according to RECenter).

--

September 12, 2014 at 4:04 PM Flag Quote & Reply

USS Command
Administrator

Vito at September 12, 2014 at 4:04 PM

Claire is confirmed to be the lead for the manga (according to RECenter).

How reliable are they? Anyway if Claire's the lead I'm going to assume she pissed someone to make them kid nape her and however many people got taken(the trailer makes it look like they took quite a few people)
--

September 12, 2014 at 6:16 PM Flag Quote & Reply

BSAArklay
Administrator

So I dont know if everyone has seen this already? But Mangalion have translated the first 18 chapters of this comic. Seems like this just consits of just book one but I could be wrong. This comic seem's to be moving even slower than Marhawa Desire. They have only had the first two books in Japan and book one is in France. We might not even get this in English before RE7 at this rate.

Edit: So this is the first two books. Book two starts at Chapter 9.

Edit 2: Good god that was hard to get through! Seem's like they have ripped off Piranha 3D and replaced the Piranha with zombies. Why do I want to read a book about another random buffon teenage kid and a bunch of supermodels! Seriously! Capcom know your audience. I am into horror, scares, tension, creepiness and a damn good plot. So how do you satisfy someone like that? Give them T&A! Good call Capcom. I just do not understand. Why waste precious resources, time and money on this crap when they could have just as easily made something that was actually enjoyable to read.

Great idea to set it on twin islands and have Claire visit the island where Alex formally did her research. However we had around 10 pages on Claire (Which btw I got more enjoyment out of those 10 pages than the 200 or whatever of the other CRAP!) This book is worse than Marhawa Desire. It comes across to me as it was written by a horny teenage weirdo who is trying to fulfil some sick fantasy. If it was an option I would scrap everything other than the scenes with Claire and just release Claire's story as a smaller comic book. I feel much safer owning that comic. I feel like this stuff should be locked away or hidden. If I bought this and someone found it I would honestly be embarrassed by it.

--

"I've had enough of your bullshit! Your just another one of Umbrella's leftovers"

January 8, 2016 at 7:35 AM Flag Quote & Reply

TheBatMan

As discussed before, the exaggerated sexuality is a common trait in Japanese manga, it's a staple of the medium. 

I wonder if Carlos Oliveria is about to make an appearance given Chris's comments that the South American branch of the B.S.A.A. have the perfect person to assist Claire...

January 8, 2016 at 4:44 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.