CRIMSON HEAD ELDER

Survival Horror Community & Podcast

RESIDENTS FORUM

Forum Home > THE RACCOON PRESS > Revelations 2 reviews

BSAArklay

Well it looks like there is more good news inbound for Resident Evil fans. Its funny because I spent the past week and especially today, playing, reading and watching Revelations and then I saw this news over at IGN. Seems legit and the location looks set to be in a prison. I am very excited about this as I throughly enjoyed the first game. Lets see what platforms it is announced for but with the age of the 3DS and the new generation consoles (10 million ps4's sold and however many Xbox Ones, probably half that) It would be very wise on Capcoms part to put this on the next gen consoles.

I know alot of people want this on 3DS because it played better on the 3DS than on consoles however thats because it was made for the 3DS originally. If they make this for consoles then it shouldnt be a problem. I highly doubt it will be on WII U because Capcom havent announced Remake Remaster on the WII U and third partys seem to be ignoring the WII U. Anyway great news as far as I am concenered and I would rather this than RE7. Lets hope they use this oppourtunity to tie up some of the storylines left open from Revelations, RE5 and RE6 it could lead nicley into RE7 if they play it smart.

August 19, 2014 at 7:57 PM Flag Quote & Reply

James Marcus

This is the news I have been waiting for but I am wary of fakes until TGS confirms. I doubt there will be any links with the first game, it will be another stand alone title, with the 'Revelations' tag simialr to the 'Archives' one used for the Wii ports of RE Zero and REmake. Looks like Resident Evil is returning to it roots after years in the wilderness not knowing what type of game it wanted to be.

--

I will have my revenge on Umbrella!

August 19, 2014 at 8:27 PM Flag Quote & Reply

George Trevor
Site Owner

Cheers for posting Crimson Head Elder, (I moved this from the personal Residents Files section to the Raccoon Press section for game news & reviews), the original report came from GAMER IN A BOX, the French video game website ~

http://www.crimson-head.com/apps/blog/

I reported this in the CHE news page (link above) & twitter feed, when the story broke originally, thanks to our French contact nemesiscv, but I have made the cautionary point that without an official quoted source, these images, particularily the box art are dubious at best. The CHE Podcast chapter #1 will be recorded the last night of TGS, so expect us to be the first Resident Evil site to discuss any reveal in depth !

--

Jessica... Lisa... Forgive me. May god justify my death in exchange for your safety.

August 19, 2014 at 8:35 PM Flag Quote & Reply

BSAArklay

Seem's legit to me guys. I know that art cover looks fake but it did have prison bars on it like the image posted above. IGN seem to post some silly things but usually if it makes it there 9/10 times it is right. I havent seen any other rumours there. If I am correct around the time that RE7 was rumoured to be at E3 they didnt make any articles about it?

Edit: An update on the IGN article states that a spokesperson at Capcom has contacted them and says 'the company has made no announcements.'

August 19, 2014 at 8:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

George Trevor
Site Owner

BSAArklay at August 19, 2014 at 8:47 PM

Seem's legit to me guys. I know that art cover looks fake but it did have prison bars on it like the image posted above. IGN seem to post some silly things but usually if it makes it there 9/10 times it is right. I havent seen any other rumours there. If I am correct around the time that RE7 was rumoured to be at E3 they didnt make any articles about it?

Edit: An update on the IGN article states that a spokesperson at Capcom has contacted them and says 'the company has made no announcements.'

The only reason that I even featured the original GAMER IN A BOX report here in the Crimson Head Elder news page & our Twitter feed ( https://twitter.com/CRIMSON_HEAD ), was because our French contact who published the link, nemesiscv, is extremely skilled & experianced with the photoshopped techniques and other factors pertaining to image files & formats, has no particular interest in this specific Resident Evil release, and is the least sensationalist & most level headed member of the RE community I know; but only time will tell...

Although not photoshopped, and only published originally at GAMER IN A BOX & nowhere else, I am far less secure about the box art.

August 19, 2014 at 9:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

NEMESIS

Too premature for box art at this stage is my opinion guys, what do you think? If the screenshot is not fake I would be very happy because nothing in RE6 looked that authentic to a survival horror scene. This news and REmake HD has proved that the fans who are still lurking around in the community only for survival horror were right to wait around all this time!!

--

STAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRS

August 19, 2014 at 9:32 PM Flag Quote & Reply

USS Command
Administrator
Hope this is real and they used the story from the original story from the anniversary trailer.
--

"I'll take my Survival Horror like I take my men" - George Trevor, September 3, 2017 at 6:10 PM
"I am so in love with CHE I almost put my willy in the USB port." George Trevor, September 20, 2018 at 12:53 PM
“Great love springs from great knowledge of the beloved object and if you know it but a little, you will be able to love it only a little or not at all.” - Leonardo da Vinci

August 19, 2014 at 9:32 PM Flag Quote & Reply

James Marcus

USS Command at August 19, 2014 at 9:32 PM

Hope this is real and they used the story from the original story from the anniversary trailer.

I do not think that there will be any connection with the first Revelations. I expect another isolated scenario with nothing big linking with anything from the main storyline - just returning characters, but a new virus & new enemies, with maybe one old foe returning!

--

I will have my revenge on Umbrella!

August 19, 2014 at 9:38 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Xarls
Guys...after so many rumours, fakes, false announcements etc. I am very cautious and I refuse to celebrate too soon. I do hope it's real, but until there is an official announcement I will exercise caution...
--

The DEADPOOLEST Crimson Head Elder resident

August 19, 2014 at 10:46 PM Flag Quote & Reply

TheBatMan

Xarls at August 19, 2014 at 10:46 PM

Guys...after so many rumours, fakes, false announcements etc. I am very cautious and I refuse to celebrate too soon. I do hope it's real, but until there is an official announcement I will exercise caution...

I had the same attitude, and even had a pop at GT for posting this. However, the leak seems to have originally come from xbox, that's where the French site got it from. So it appears legit.

August 20, 2014 at 2:46 AM Flag Quote & Reply

George Trevor
Site Owner

QUOTE TheBatMan : "I had the same attitude, and even had a pop at GT for posting this. However, the leak seems to have originally come from xbox, that's where the French site got it from. So it appears legit."

I thought for such generic, unoriginal, crappy box art, you let me off lightly TheBatMan ! But give me a break, it was a slow news day... and it seems that this story may have more too it, now the leak has been traced to xbox ?

--

Jessica... Lisa... Forgive me. May god justify my death in exchange for your safety.

August 20, 2014 at 8:27 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Xarls
I'm not sure TheBatMan, the cover seems a bit weird...I'm not sure yet. By the way, do you think it will be an Xbox exclussive? Not a smart move if you ask me, RE needs to satisfy his fans, not lose even more.
--

August 20, 2014 at 8:50 AM Flag Quote & Reply

TheBatMan
It's not exclusive, don't worry.
August 20, 2014 at 9:59 AM Flag Quote & Reply

BSAArklay

GT being from Europe you should be used to generic crappy RE box art.

If this does turn out to be a fake I think its a good one because it is on a ton of websites now including Xbox's and videos all over Youtube.

It best not be an exclusive that Tomb Raider news really pissed me off. It doesnt make me want to buy an Xbox it makes me never want to buy one. Thats just annoying and childish tactics from them.

August 20, 2014 at 12:05 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Neptune

Crimmo's right, us PAL users get atrocious artwork, REmake aside. I hope there is a Revelations 2, and I hope it's developed for all consoles.

--

"You're going to need a bigger boat"

"Neo Umbrella? - that's a great idea ~ the Batman

August 20, 2014 at 2:09 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Vito

BSAArklay at August 20, 2014 at 12:05 PM

GT being from Europe you should be used to generic crappy RE box art.

If this does turn out to be a fake I think its a good one because it is on a ton of websites now including Xbox's and videos all over Youtube.

It best not be an exclusive that Tomb Raider news really pissed me off. It doesnt make me want to buy an Xbox it makes me never want to buy one. Thats just annoying and childish tactics from them.

Don't worry. it's not exclusive and it's cross gen.

August 20, 2014 at 7:29 PM Flag Quote & Reply

George Trevor
Site Owner

Neptune at August 20, 2014 at 2:09 PM

Crimmo's right, us PAL users get atrocious artwork, REmake aside. I hope there is a Revelations 2, and I hope it's developed for all consoles.

QUOTE Crimson Head Elder : "GT being from Europe you should be used to generic crappy RE box art."

Oh lord how right you both are, this has long been a bone of contention for me. I just lament so many lost opportunities to emblazen legendary video games, masterpieces in video game history & cornerstones in their development, with box art that is worthy of the contents inside.

Just cast your eyes upon the black desert that is the cover Capcom's PAL design guys came up with for the game that was REmake - it's a f***ing criminal travesty !

I so hope that the Revelations 2 box art changes from what so far looks like a counterfeit copy of Condemned 2 spliced with Manhunt 2. Could Capcom's first effort, leaked by Xbox.com, lack any more imagination ?!

--

August 21, 2014 at 9:22 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Xarls

I have to agree with TheBatMan, I like the PAL version much more. It´s very simple, yet effective and scary at the same time without revealing much.

--

August 22, 2014 at 12:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Vito

Confirmed.

Early 2015 release.

Playable demo on TGS.

No Chris and Jill.

Core Dev team from REV present.

Zombies appear to be in the game.

September 1, 2014 at 3:19 AM Flag Quote & Reply

George Trevor
Site Owner

All released media & details were uploaded to our Resident Evil News section ~

http://www.crimson-head.com/apps/blog/

You need Adobe Flash Player to view this content.

September 1, 2014 at 8:44 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.