CRIMSON HEAD ELDER

Survival Horror Community & Podcast

RESIDENTS FORUM

Forum Home > BIRKIN'S LABORATORY > Wesker & 'rival companies'

M-Greg

You know what? It never made sense to me that Wesker jumped around from one underground organization to another and they've all gone this long without being directly mentioned. Ada's is another story entirely, her true employers have a reason to be unrevealed at this point and that's fine with me (especially since I now have a true love and appreciation for the character after all these years).

But Wesker? Working for Umbrella and then joining a company that doesn't have a name in the pharmaceutical community only to be in a grudge match with some sort of black ops agency AND form his own "organization" (that consists of two members one of which doesn't like him very much) at the same time? Then none of that matters anymore because he just happens to take complete control of the company he joined and worked behind the back of ever since, only to reduce it to nothing in the span of two years just by tracking down an old man? And then join another pharmaceutical company like none of that ridiculous stuff ever happened?

No. No, no, NO. This does not add up at ALL and it never has. What reason is there for us to believe anything but Wesker joining Tricell immediately after Umbrella? He didn't simply take over a company that just disappeared two years later, the man doubted his own abilities as a researcher, for Parkersake! And I don't believe THIS was explicitly ever stated in ANY file. Don't counter with his RE5 profile, that says he used all his money and time, NOT that he blew through a COMPANY.

As far as I'm concerned, he left Umbrella when he saw that Spencer, who killed his own best friends, could not be relied upon as a caring handler. Then, he joined Tricell. In that time, he was a member similar to his former status in Umbrella, developing bioweapons for them to compete with their biggest rival (Hunter II, Sweeper, Jabberwock S3) thanks to all his B.O.W. know-how. Simultaneously, he reached out to the freelancing likes of Ada and Krauser to do his field dirtywork whenever he couldn't be bothered (ala Los Illuminados) or it didn't suit his interests (ala Raccoon City). So, he operated independently, but he didn't actually plan to start a company like "Daddy" did. He didn't NEED to start a company!

After showing off his abilities in Tricell for a while, he made contact with the no-longer underage Excella for two reasons: 1. Umbrella was finally dead so he could focus on maintaining the power he worked so hard to build and on finding its last remnants to be disposed of 2. It wasn't pedophilia anymore --- No but seriously, I'm convinced he worked for Tricell all this time, who also owned HCF, and only formed a specific partnership with Excella around 2003 (Ada certainly checked off too many strikes for his tastes by now).

He saw in her the most effective, quickest way to execute what Spencer tried to execute slowly and quietly from the shadows of a trusted symbol to the public. He got that in Africa and then he fucked that up by leaving his satellite laser and power serum laying around. OOPS! Now, if there's any file that DIRECTLY contradicts this, I'm gonna be happy to read it. But, regardless of translations, canon changes all the time (Was Spencer in that helicopter with Sergei or did another high-up who happened to be unidentified and on life support just happen to be in Raccoon City? Did Wesker send another chopper magically in time to save Ada or did she hitch that ride? I'M LOOKING AT YOU, ARCHIVES II).

I believe that whenever "Wesker's organization" is referred to in a file, what is meant is Wesker doing his shady independent activities from his little dark room (I'd still like to know where the fuck that thing IS) with people like Krauser or HCF's help. Whenever "the rival company of Umbrella" is mentioned, ONLY Tricell comes to mind. THIS is how it all makes sense to me. They wouldn't just introduce a new company in the penultimate game of the series only to never name one that happened to be before it. Sorry, can't deem that logical. Thoughts? Anyone agree?

--

The basis of controlling fear... Only those who've conquered fear deserve to rule the world.

July 14, 2014 at 6:18 PM Flag Quote & Reply

TheBatMan

Actually, you have it backwards. Wesker had one consistent employer, yet Ada switched around many times.

Wesker joined the Rival Company directly after the mansion incident. This is proved in his resume in the Bio4 Perfect Capture Guide, which also confirms The Organisation/3rd Organisation to be the same entity.

By 2004, he was getting too powerful and was of some concern to the upper hirachy of the Rival Company (as evidenced by Bio4 Kaitaishinsho Report on Ada) and they also knew he'd approached Tricell a year earlier to build up an alliance. (If he joined Tricell in 1998, why would he even need Excella? Makes no sense). 

When Ada rejoined the Rival Company in 2004, (Archives 2) the powers that be of the Rival Company were mistrustful of her but allowed her to join on the condition she watch Wesker closely and ultimately she had to prove her loyalty to the organisation by betraying him - and that chance came with the events of Bio4. (Report on Ada/Ada's Report).

The above is proved by Ada's profile in the Bio6 graphical guide where it specifically states the organisation's employers ordered her to betray Wesker.

Following Bio4, Wesker was dealt a blow by Ada's betrayal because it scuppered his plans to gain even more power within the Rival Company. But he remained with them because his goal at the time was to gain total control and turn them into his new 'umbrella'. He also had to bide his time for Excella, his Tricell contact, to work her way up the company before he could defect over to them. 

The Jap version of Bio5 Wesker file states he used all of his organisation's resources to track down Spencer. Whether he did this intentionally to avenge his betrayal is unknown. Then the events of LIN happen and Wesker is able to use his second death to finally move across to Tricell full time undetected. Had he done it any earlier, his alliance with them would have been exposed by both Ada and the Rival Company and potenitally scuppered his plans once again.

Wesker never formed his own organisation, there is no single source for this, it's just pure speculation. 

He also didn't join Tricell in 1998 because Ada never worked for Tricell and numerous files and games stated that Wesker and Ada were working for the same employers at the time.

Bottom line is, there has only ever been one rival company, and Wesker was with them from 1998-2006. HCF belongs to them. 

Ada on the other hand, is a true mystery. Her 'true employers' as you put it are simply a red herring. They don't exist. Her 'true goal' is more apt. Ada has worked for different employers across the series because she is an independant contractor who hires herself out to anyone who she believes will benefit her ultimate aim. She's worked for Simmons, The Rival Company, a Chinese crime syndicate, the Rival Company again, Ricardo Irving, a new employer once again in Damnation and at the end of Bio6 when she gets the call, it's probably someone new again. She's a spy for hire basically. She has never had the same employer across the series.

In Raccoon City it might originally have been intended to be Spencer in the helicopter but Bio5 lays this to rest with the Spencer's notebook file. So, no, it's not Spencer.

Wesker never sent a helicopter for Ada, it's just a poor choice of words not meant to be taken too literally. In any case, how could he send a helicopter belonging to Umbrella with Sergei on it?

He just had intelligence it was leaving the city soon. That's all it boils down to. No real mystery.

July 14, 2014 at 6:49 PM Flag Quote & Reply

M-Greg

What you say about Ada makes sense to me, but files tend to be secondary to the concreteness of cutscene dialogue, and since this issue is never explored at length within actual gametime, with the exception of Ada's Report, I still don't have a final opinion on it. For example, Alexander's Memoir refers to the Arklay Mansion as "his" mansion, used in the construction of the Antarctic Lab. Tricell could easily be stated as the Rival Company all along at any point in the future and I don't see how that would disrupt the timeline personally.

Sure, if that were the case, he would've waited 5 years before having a direct partner in Tricell, but maybe no one before Excella was as easily manipulated to carry out all of his goals? As for Ada's betrayal being an order, Archives II also states that she sent him the wrong sample because she "doesn't do evil". If that were to be later established as the only reason, Wesker working for Tricell at the time would make sense, no? And on the issue of him becoming too powerful which is why she was told to betray him, perhaps he made the transfer to Excella's division without the higher-ups of Tricell knowing. I find this to be a reasonable explanation for the Rival Company being Tricell.

Maybe that's it. He went from Umbrella to Tricell, he threatened to take up too much of the B.O.W. influence, Tricell ordered Ada to betray him, he replaced her with Excella as his "partner" and Tricell personnel outside of Africa never knew. I think this could work, so that's my theory. I just can't stand the thought of there being a company rivalling Umbrella we never know the name of when Tricell was introduced as a NEW company...

--

The basis of controlling fear... Only those who've conquered fear deserve to rule the world.

July 14, 2014 at 7:15 PM Flag Quote & Reply

TheBatMan

But Ada never worked for Tricell so it doesn't fit. For example in Ada's Report how could Tricell confirm that Wesker contacted Tricell following Umbrella's demise!!! Bio6 graphical guide confirms Wesker and Ada were working for the same people in Bio4.

And if he was with Tricell for 5 years since 1998, he wouldn't even need a business partner. The whole point of giving the UMF data to Excella in 2003 was for her to use it to gain a position of power which he could then exploit. He wouldn't need that if he'd been there for five years already. He could have used Umbrella's stolen data to advance himself up the corporate ladder, rather than someone else. 

Tricell didn't even begin to look into bioweapons until Wesker came to them in 2003. Archives 2 states that WilPharma actually became the leading pharmaceutical corporation in the world following Umbrella's collapse. Tricell's first decent acquisition was t-Abyss, which they didn't get until 2005, and they managed that fine without Wesker.

He should have jumped ship in 2004, but couldn't because Ada and the upper hirachy were watching his every move, and Excella needed a few years to gain her power.

His second 'death' in LIN was the key factor in his defection to Tricell as history repeated itself. He was theoretically dead so no one would know.

At the end of the day, the whole Rival Company plotline was a casualty when Mikami rebooted with Bio4. This is why it is so muddled. We know they were to feature heavily in 3.5 but the sudden change in story for retail 4 essentially ended any hopes of ever seeing them again. I agree that when Capcom were planning Bio5 Tricell should simply have been the Rival Company but they added details to show they clearly weren't. 

But Wesker went from Umbrella straight to the Rival Company. Its there in black and white in the Japanese guides.

And there's also the obvious one, if the rival company were retconned into always being Tricell in Bio5, you'd have thought the files would mention that fact on his 20+ page file.
July 14, 2014 at 7:36 PM Flag Quote & Reply

M-Greg

Ugh... Perfect... Well, I'm just glad Ada is her own person rather than having TWO nameless organizations that serve a main part in the story... or could the Rival Company be WilPharma??

As I recall, Wesker's file never actually mentions Tricell, but a "certain pharmaceutical company" after Umbrella, which is why I was led to believe it was always Tricell.

Also, Wesker having his own organization is actually referenced by multiple sources, including the file about Sherry joining the government after his death renders her safe in BH6 and Ada's section in Archives II. This is contradictory to Wesker being opposed by his employers who decided to betray him and then make him transfer to Tricell in secret. What organization of his would there be after Tricell? In light of all the confusion and inconsistencies where files and other literary sources are concerned, who knows what retcon they'll make next?

--

July 14, 2014 at 7:43 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Xarls

Impressive TheBatman, as usual your RE knowledge has no limits. I have some questions, would you mind explaining to me?

"Then the events of LIN happen and Wesker is able to use his second death to finally move across to Tricell full time undetected." What are the events of LIN? What do you mean by Wesker´s "Second death" as far as I know he only came back from the dead once.

The whole RE4 was an operation which Wesker carried independently without the support of The Organisation? I mean, he wanted Las Plagas to gain more power within TheOrganisation/to help Excella get promoted inside Tricell?

Which file/book mentions Ada working for a Chinese crime syndicate?

When did Ada work for SImmons? I know it is mentioned in RE6 but isn´t specified anywhere I could see, maybe before Raccoon City?

Thanks a lot.

--

The DEADPOOLEST Crimson Head Elder resident

July 15, 2014 at 3:54 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Albert Wesker 187

M-Greg at July 14, 2014 at 7:43 PM

Ugh... Perfect... Well, I'm just glad Ada is her own person rather than having TWO nameless organizations that serve a main part in the story... or could the Rival Company be WilPharma??

As I recall, Wesker's file never actually mentions Tricell, but a "certain pharmaceutical company" after Umbrella, which is why I was led to believe it was always Tricell.

Also, Wesker having his own organization is actually referenced by multiple sources, including the file about Sherry joining the government after his death renders her safe in BH6 and Ada's section in Archives II. This is contradictory to Wesker being opposed by his employers who decided to betray him and then make him transfer to Tricell in secret. What organization of his would there be after Tricell? In light of all the confusion and inconsistencies where files and other literary sources are concerned, who knows what retcon they'll make next?

Just a heads up M-Greg, I put your double post into the previous one. Please avoid double posts if you can, thanks in advance. 

--

"The only thing that can defeat power is more power. That is the one constant in this universe. However, there is no point in power if it consumes itself. I will enlist the help of an old friend against our common foe; I will use one pawn to eliminate the other, and emerge with the spoils for myself... "

July 15, 2014 at 4:19 AM Flag Quote & Reply

M-Greg

Xarls at July 15, 2014 at 3:54 AM

Impressive TheBatman, as usual your RE knowledge has no limits. I have some questions, would you mind explaining to me?

"Then the events of LIN happen and Wesker is able to use his second death to finally move across to Tricell full time undetected." What are the events of LIN? What do you mean by Wesker´s "Second death" as far as I know he only came back from the dead once.

The whole RE4 was an operation which Wesker carried independently without the support of The Organisation? I mean, he wanted Las Plagas to gain more power within TheOrganisation/to help Excella get promoted inside Tricell?

Which file/book mentions Ada working for a Chinese crime syndicate?

When did Ada work for SImmons? I know it is mentioned in RE6 but isn´t specified anywhere I could see, maybe before Raccoon City?

Thanks a lot.

When Wesker was tackled out the window of the Spencer Estate by Jill. Both of them were presumed dead after that. Those events of LIN. And no, he headed the operation FOR the organization, but Ada was ordered to betray him by them. Her betrayal did little more than annoy him, though. I have no idea where the crime syndicate came from, Bats will have to answer that one. And we don't know specifically when she worked for Simmons or what for, but we do know that after he performed the bombing of Raccoon City to cover up Umbrella's collusion with the government, she cut all ties with him out of disgust and to avoid his dangerous presence.

Sorry for that double post, damn 10 minutes were long expired! I'll try to keep it concise from now on, still getting used to that feature.

--

July 15, 2014 at 1:10 PM Flag Quote & Reply

TheBatMan

M-Greg at July 14, 2014 at 7:43 PM

Indeed, that certain reference to a 'certain pharmaceutical company' is Tricell, but this is after Lost In Nightmares when he crosses over to them to begin the Uroboros Project. 

The Rival Company issue was skipped over completely in 5, with just that very vague reference to Wesker draining their resources in his biopic file. Had the rival company been retconned into being Tricell all along (which again for the record it isn't), I'm sure it would have been outright stated, either in Wesker's file or the Tricell one itself. Nevertheless, there are too many contradictions to make it work.

Any reference to 'Wesker's organisation' prior to Bio6 is just the Rival Company, there isn't any source that states he created or founded his own movement. That was something that was born from The Organisation in Bio4 and the introduction of 'The 3rd Organisation' in Archives 2, which everyone took to believe were seperate entities, with the latter possibly being created by Wesker following the events of Umbrella's End. It's an old, outdated theory.

The file with Sherry in Bio6 you mention is another example of the poorly localised English. The original text states that Wesker's organisation collapsed, and Wesker himself was later killed in 2009, thus Sherry needed no more protection. Whether this is a reference to Tricell or the Rival Company is unclear. But given only Tricell Africa were involved in Uroboros, and all the hard evidence was wiped from the BSAA's drives by M. Suzuki, and the fact it took 5 years of court battles to get rid of Umbrella, I'd say this is a reference to the Rival Company collapsing. Otherwise we'd have to assume global conglomerate Tricell was dissolved soon after the events of Bio5, which is highly unlikely.

The only issue with this whole thing is Ada's profile in Archives 2 which states she betrayed Wesker for a different organisation in that 'she escapes by helicopter to a different organisation from Wesker's and dissappears.'

However, the updated information in the Bio6 graphical guide clearly states both she and Wesker worked for the organisation in bio4 and that the leaders of the organisation ordered her to betray Wesker and bring the sample to them. Given that this is newer information and connected to biohazard 6, this has to overrule the contradicting info in Archives 2 in my opinion.

The Chinese Crime Syndicate was a reference from an earlier build of Bio4 and is not really canon, but is just another example of how Ada had different employers from across the series.

July 15, 2014 at 1:45 PM Flag Quote & Reply

TheBatMan

Sorry, I too missed the 10 minute edit button.

As for when Ada worked for Simmons, we don't know. But obviously it has to be prior to the Raccoon City incident. Given she left his employ and fled straight afterwards, it may be possible that Simmons was affiliated with the Rival Company. We just don't know.

July 15, 2014 at 2:00 PM Flag Quote & Reply

M-Greg

I apologize for creating confusion through miscommunication in this thread. I was aware that Ada never had one employer and Wesker had one, I was referring to outdated information that had been misinterpreted thanks to poor localization and emphasizing how ridiculous this issue as a whole has been these past several years. I didn't make that clear in my initial rant and I apologize. I also forgot that the proper translation of that BH6 Sherry file said "the organization Wesker belonged to", not "Wesker's organization", so that example was a misfire on my part.

All I wanted to express is that there have been so many different interpretations and retcons through files (or in the case of the Alexander one I mentioned, outright errors, properly translated or not) and other materials that they could make any call on this unresolved loose end in the future. Tricell was merely the way that made the most sense to me personally after a lot of careful thought, but to each his own. Like you said, Capcom will probably never mention the Rival Company again, right? Why banter over it lol! I just hope the same can't be said just yet for Alex...

--

July 16, 2014 at 4:47 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Yuan-The-11th

For me personally, The Umbrella Rival Company is one of my favorite plot points of the entire series and at the risk of sounding somewhat crazy I found the Umbrella Rival Company plot line to be more interesting then just about anything post RECV, including Tricell Inc. & "The Family"

Now, a couple of theories of mine regarding The Umbrella Rival Company: one pertaining to its name & origin as well as one about its fate & possible existence:

- The name of The Umbrella Rival Company:

* Umbrella is not just used as the name of a fictional corporation.

* Umbrella, when refereeing to a company, can also mean "parent company".

With this in mind whenever I see "The Umbrella Rival Company" I do not instantly think to myself: "Rival of Umbrella Corp.", rather I think to myself "Parent Company of rival companies."

In other words, a bunch of companies who would otherwise be rivals with each other decided to unit under a single parent company in order to oppose Umbrella Corp., after all pre-1998, could any one company oppose Umbrella?

According to the B.S.A.A file in RE5:

"Prosecutors showed that Umbrella acquired medicines and techniques developed by other companies and employed them in their own bioweapons research. They commissioned each of the respective companies to only partially develop certain medications so that they could not be traced to what was ultimately being developed. The responsible companies thus unwittingly contributed to the development of bioweapons.".

With this in mind I believe that most, if not all of these "Rival Companies" where legitimate chemical & pharmaceutical companies with few illegitimate dealings at all, at least initially as well as being unable of producing their own Bio-Weapons even if they wanted to, then after they unite under one parent organization, they secretly formed an illegal Bio-Weapons Department/Division & replicated Umbrella's tactics with the ultimate goal of making their own Bio-weapons for themselves replacing Umbrella Corp.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- The fate of The Umbrella Rival Company

* A writer behind Bio3 stipulated that the company went back-robbed.

* Additionally, he stipulated they may have also been bought outright.

* Bio5 says the Albert Wesker depleted their resources.

I do not think for one moment that Albert Wesker ever completely controlled The Umbrella Rival Company, not just because of his liability & lack of executive training (he never completed it) but because he is a dead man with no public image, Wesker's Report states that he was a dead man that was forced to remain in the shadows & to my knowledge, not once has any source ever stated that Albert Wesker had a new public identity capital of ruling a legitimate company.

Rather I believe that Albert Wesker only controlled the illegitimate functions of The Umbrella Rival Company specify their Bio-Weapons Department/Division, with him being 1 of only 3 consultant researchers in the world with knowledge on the t-Virus he would be an excellent person to have as the head of their Bio-Weapons Department/Division, naturally the importance of this task would result in him reporting to the companies Board of Directors & consequently responsible for much of the companies financial decisions, of course this would doom the company as Albert would unwittingly waste their resources looking for Ozwell.

Once Albert Wesker wastes their resources & gets betrayed by Ada Wong, The Umbrella Rival Company decides that they have had enough of Albert and begin making plans to dispose of him, Albert catches wind of this & scrams ultimately faking his death a second time a few years later becoming a full-time member of Tricell Africa, however The Umbrella Rival Company has more pressing issues as they are near-bank robbed and are unable to compete with WillParma Corp., then all of a sudden, WillParma gets its reputation tarnished & is purchased by Tricell Inc., this gives the leaders of The Umbrella Rival Company a big idea, they approach the owners of Tricall Inc. & ask to be purchased, stating that in return for their continued operations & power being maintained by Tricall Inc. that they will hand over all secrets they have on Bio-Weaponry.

Lastly, Albert Wesker in faking his death a second time sees the news of The Umbrella Rival Companies bankruptcy & apparent dissolution believes that he is now finely safe from The Umbrella Rival Company and becomes content in his security, however he is unaware that the Umbrella Rival Company was purchased by Tricall Inc. & they become aware of his survival, they alert Tricall Inc. of the fact the Albert can not be controlled & ask that Tricell Inc. terminate him.

Tricell agrees & sends in B.S.A.A agent Chris Redfield to fight Albert while also preparing carpet bombers to utterly destroy Kijuju just incase Albert Wesker alluds Chris Redfield, finely they send in the female agent M. Suzuki to make sure that Chris & the rest of B.S.A.A does not get incriminating evidence against Tricall Inc.

While Albert Wesker finds out that Tricell wants him dead at the last minute, he nerveless gets killed at the hands of Chris & Sheva and while Albert Wesker dies, The Umbrella Rival Company via Tricell Inc., lives on to continue their dastardly bio-weapons program.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please forgive me for the long post but as I said before, The Umbrella Rival Company is one of my favored plot-lines in the entire series, second only to Umbrella Corporation themselves, and before anyone rips my long post to little itty bitty pieces using facts from the Biohazard cannon, I must again state that these are only ideas/theories of mine that are mostly based on the North American RE localization, I do not believe any of them to be absolute fact, just theories.

So, topic creator M-Greg & residents of CHE, what do think of my theories? Perhaps they are just decent fan-fiction ideas at best?

--

The nobility will rise again. Until that time, farewell!

July 19, 2014 at 3:16 PM Flag Quote & Reply

TheBatMan

I think you have some great ideas there. Umbrella definitely had more than one rival company. In the Umbrella's end scenario of UC for example I always found it odd how Wesker could so casually just tap into the communications and visuals of the anti-biohazard unit Chris and Jill were with. But it turns out many of Umbrella's rival companies actually funded these anti-biohazard teams and provided their equipment, so it makes sense they would all be bugged.

However, if you define the word 'rival' as simply being a competing pharmaceutical company, than the 'parent company of rival companies' would simply be the Global Pharmaceutical Consortium would it not?

Personally, my own take on the Rival Company is that they were 'rivals' in the sense that they were Umbrella's closest competitors JUST in the field of biological weaponry, which is why Umbrella always viewed them as their main rivals, or opposition. I don't believe the Rival Company were just a pharmaceutical company either. This is backed up by the fact that WilPharma took over as global number 1 after Umbrella's downfall. Surely if the Rival Company were a legitimate pharmaceutical outfit whom Umbrella feared the most, surely they would have taken over the mantle yes? Wesker didn't begin to drain their resources until late 2004 after all. 

I don't know how familiar you are with the Mass Effect series but for me, the Rival Company is exactly like Cerberus; a shadowy, very hard to trace global network made up of legitimate front companies to generate their massive profits. The illusive man even has his own throne room, just like Wesker. 

Think about it, Chris and the others were trying to track Wesker down ever since the events on Rockfort Island. If he were employed by a regular pharmaceutical company why couldn't the BSAA or the US Government ever track him down? But just like Cerberus and the illusive man, they could never find him and he showed up only when he wanted to. 

July 19, 2014 at 4:43 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Yuan-The-11th

TheBatMan, thank you for reading my rather long post, I am also pleased that you found some of my ideas to be great, in all honesty I thought you'd find them to be mediocre & abstract ideas at best.

In regards to the parent company, I actually agree with you as my earlier post was worded rather oddly at times.

What I meant by parent company was that there was a single secret (illegitimate) organization in control of many (legitimate) pharmaceutical companies that serve as front organizations, if anything it would be an evil version of the Global Pharmaceutical Consortium, perhaps some executive officers of the two organizations would be one & the same.

Personally I never thought The Umbrella Rival Company was one two-faced pharmaceutical company like Umbrella Corp, mostly because I do not think that any one single pharmaceutical company could neither compete with Umbrella Corp. noir have the technical know-how to make Bio-Weapons.

Resident Evil Archives states that the rival organization had extremely high tech equipment that allowed them easily re-create the Hunter B.O.W with help from the embryo the Albert Wesker stole of course.

I bring this up because I have long had an theory that one of the pharmaceutical companies being secretly abused by Umbrella Corp. somehow found out that they where being used by Umbrella Corp. then dedicated their efforts to using their high tech equipment to replicating Umbrella Corps' tactics at developing B.O.W's.

Perhaps this high-tech company was the first front-organization for The Umbrella Rival Company, the first of many.

--

The nobility will rise again. Until that time, farewell!

July 19, 2014 at 5:46 PM Flag Quote & Reply

TheBatMan

Not at all, I welcome any and all theories, especially when it comes to something as intriguing as the 'opposing corporation of Umbrella' or however you want to word it. It's such a shame they were never further explored. Like M-Greg orginally said, when Biohazard 5 was being developed and the storyline plotted, Tricell should have been made into the rival company and everything would have been rosy. 

July 19, 2014 at 6:03 PM Flag Quote & Reply

M-Greg

I absolutely love your theories, Yuan! And not just because it all ties in with my initial theory in a different route, but I especially love the way you wrap it up with them selling themselves to Tricell and planning to kill Wesker. I agree, the mysterious rivals of Umbrella Wesker would later collude with were always one of my favorite parts of the backstory to the games that I wanted answers to as quickly and elegantly as possible. I cannot think of a way more elegantly put than your post. I don't care for another game with "The Family", unless they can make them as interesting, foreboding, and ruthless as Silent Hill's "The Order", but I really hope that everything you talked about is explored in more detail in the future!!! If everything you've theorised rings true (and so far I REALLY hope it does) Umbrella didn't just plant ways for Spencer's goals to live on in small children, it also inadvertently planted seeds of itself in God knows HOW many other organizations, legitimate and illegitimate! Chris, Leon, Barry, Sherry, DOESN'T MATTER who's on the case! Your jobs will NEVER be done! FORGET the terrorist cults!!!

On the Consortium, Federation, whatever it's called, I always thought of it as more of a status-raiser than an actual link in the hierarchy of pharmaceutical companies; like food brands that successfully get the USDA Certified Organic label, I thought that being on the GPC made you more "official" and higher-standing in the public eye, more trustworthy. I never thought of them as actually owning any of the companies. After all, why would a parent company's branches be competing with one another the way that Umbrella, WilPharma, and Tricell did when it all goes through the parent company anyway? This, of course, excludes the off-the-books branches of B.O.W.s, which I saw as one big pride and reputation fest with the likes of Birkin.

--

July 20, 2014 at 5:37 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.