CRIMSON HEAD ELDER

Survival Horror Community & Podcast

RESIDENTS FORUM

Forum Home > RESIDENTS FILES > Resident Evil Confessions

USS Command
Administrator

The idea is to tell us something about you and the series that you keep secret. The following are examples, they do not reflect my opinions. I hated Resident Evil 2! I believe the Paul Anderson movies are better then the games! I think George Trevor is the real head of Umbrella! So what are your confessions? Here are mine:

I never could beat Remake on its harder difficulty its a mix of really sucking at the game and well, I'm kinda afraid to see how many times I'll die and of dieing.

I enjoy the spinoffs more then the main storyline and yes thats including the comics, novel tie-ins, not Perry's, I'm talking about the things you can find translated on Project Umbrella.

Could never beat RE4 on Professional, it just really kept making me mad so I said "fuck it" and was never good at it anyway.

--

"I'll take my Survival Horror like I take my men" - George Trevor, September 3, 2017 at 6:10 PM
"I am so in love with CHE I almost put my willy in the USB port." George Trevor, September 20, 2018 at 12:53 PM
“Great love springs from great knowledge of the beloved object and if you know it but a little, you will be able to love it only a little or not at all.” - Leonardo da Vinci

July 6, 2014 at 2:13 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Vito

I liked 6. 8)

July 6, 2014 at 3:30 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Albert Wesker 187

I have multiple secrets about the Resident Evil Games I will share a few of them. When I first played the Re Remake I used a strategy guide I found online and that is how I passed the game. Another secret of mine when I played Resident Evil 5 in professional with unlimited ammo for every weapon I died 75 times in stage 5-3. When I first played Resident Evil 2 I used the infinite ammo code to pass the whole game. I will share more as time progresses.

--

"The only thing that can defeat power is more power. That is the one constant in this universe. However, there is no point in power if it consumes itself. I will enlist the help of an old friend against our common foe; I will use one pawn to eliminate the other, and emerge with the spoils for myself... "

July 6, 2014 at 8:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Yoke

Here are a few...

1. I pretty much hate RE5, RE6 and Revelations

2. I like the first and second live action RE movies.

3. I really don't care for the CG movies. The only parts I like are when G-Curtis and the Tyrants show up.

4. I used the Gamepro walkthrough to beat Zero and REmake.

--

"What a mess we made, when it all went wrong."

July 7, 2014 at 1:42 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Xarls

I killed Ashley in RE4.

The first time I played RE2 I was so scared that I quit after the first minute (Didn´t pass the car in fire).

I still haven´t played REmake or Zero...but I will this summer.

I didn´t manage to save anyone in my first original Resident Evil run...

--

The DEADPOOLEST Crimson Head Elder resident

July 7, 2014 at 6:45 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Survivalist

RE2 was the first Resident Evil I played, and first time through I didn't realise you could run. I walked the whole game, and it took me about 15 hours.

July 7, 2014 at 12:34 PM Flag Quote & Reply

USS Command
Administrator

Survivalist at July 7, 2014 at 12:34 PM

RE2 was the first Resident Evil I played, and first time through I didn't realise you could run. I walked the whole game, and it took me about 15 hours.

Honestly, that's more of an achievement than anything. The very thought of going threw RE2 without running is making me qringe! I can't even imagine how you dealt with the boss fights!
--

"I'll take my Survival Horror like I take my men" - George Trevor, September 3, 2017 at 6:10 PM
"I am so in love with CHE I almost put my willy in the USB port." George Trevor, September 20, 2018 at 12:53 PM
“Great love springs from great knowledge of the beloved object and if you know it but a little, you will be able to love it only a little or not at all.” - Leonardo da Vinci

July 7, 2014 at 2:45 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Survivalist

I think I must have completed it with Claire first time, since all her boss encounters can be completed fairly easily at a walk (Birkin G3/4 less so). Leon's run-in with Mr. X however would be extremely difficult to overcome without running. I do remember dying a lot...

July 7, 2014 at 5:10 PM Flag Quote & Reply

SkinniMini1

Sounds similar to the first time I played Silent Hill Origins (I know this is an RE board but your story reminds me of that experience). It was the 1st Silent Hill I had actually played and I didnt know you could run until the end of the game. I walked throughout the entire game basically. But my RE confessions? - I never finished CV myself. I have a chance to do so now bc i'm gamefly-ing the game to my house so it should be here soon. - I didn't like Damnation all that much. Pointless film and when you realize we had to wait two years after its announcement for it's release, it makes me all the more angrier that that was the final product.
July 8, 2014 at 8:39 AM Flag Quote & Reply

George Trevor
Site Owner

I almost wish I made this mistake too because the experiance of walking around the R.P.D would have been more realistic & atmospheric in places and also provide a tougher challenge in other places - thank god you realised before you played Resident Evil 3 and Nemesis turned up!

My guilty pleasure is the first Paul Anderson film. I still hate all the others.

July 12, 2014 at 5:11 PM Flag Quote & Reply

George Trevor
Site Owner

Albert Wesker 187 at July 6, 2014 at 8:20 PM

I have multiple secrets about the Resident Evil Games I will share a few of them. When I first played the Re Remake I used a strategy guide I found online and that is how I passed the game. Another secret of mine when I played Resident Evil 5 in professional with unlimited ammo for every weapon I died 75 times in stage 5-3. When I first played Resident Evil 2 I used the infinite ammo code to pass the whole game. I will share more as time progresses.

Having played Zelda Ocarina of Time for hours a day for about a year before I discovered Resident Evil (RE2 on the N64) you would think I was prepared for a puzzle heavy game, but the simple concept of finding a special item that would not necessarily be used to solve a puzzle immediately, was too much for my brain, and I gave up trying to complete RE2 without a strategy guide after 3 months ! I had to rely heavily on the guide too complete the game, and it was not until I had beaten it over half a dozen times that I could ignore the guide completley !

July 12, 2014 at 5:28 PM Flag Quote & Reply

George Trevor
Site Owner

Yoke at July 7, 2014 at 1:42 AM

Here are a few...

1. I pretty much hate RE5, RE6 and Revelations

2. I enjoyed the S.D. Perry books.

3. I like the first and second live action RE movies.

4. I really don't care for the CG movies. The only parts I like are when G-Curtis and the Tyrants show up.

5. I used the Gamepro walkthrough to beat Zero and REmake.

Hey Yoke I think some of the things on your list are not deserving of confessing; you should be very proud to hold these views ! Particularily your very generous view of Resident Evil 5 and 6; I would have used much stronger words !!

Unlike the Paul Anderson films, I have no experiance of Perry's novels, so I wont judge them... yet.

I liked the first Paul Anderson movie only slightly !

I am glad that someone else has judged the CG movies with the same standards as the games. I was really disapointed in them, particularily in their status as the canon answer/response to Paul Anderson's rubbish. My only highlights of the CG canon films are the same as Yoke's.

I cannot agree with you putting Revelations with RE5 & RE6, I do think that was very harsh !

July 12, 2014 at 5:40 PM Flag Quote & Reply

George Trevor
Site Owner

Xarls at July 7, 2014 at 6:45 AM

I killed Ashley in RE4.

The first time I played RE2 I was so scared that I quit after the first minute (Didn´t pass the car in fire).

I still haven´t played REmake or Zero...but I will this summer.

I didn´t manage to save anyone in my first original Resident Evil run...

I still cannot comprehend how a Resident Evil expert with your enthusiasm, passion, loyalty and knowledge has never played Resident Evil Remake and Zero ! I cry for your loss Xarls !! This truely is a tragedy that needs to be rectified quickly.

It took me half a dozen times and the ownership of strategy guides before I saved Chris/Jill and Rebecca.

--

Jessica... Lisa... Forgive me. May god justify my death in exchange for your safety.

July 12, 2014 at 5:53 PM Flag Quote & Reply

BSAArklay
Administrator

I guess I can confess that I havent finished Outbreak or Outbreak 2 in the entirety or played any Gaiden, Survivor, Survivor 2 or Dead Aim. I have watched gameplay in bits but they really dont seem like my kind of thing. I will however play them all someday I guess I am saving them for a rainy day. I like to have an RE game that I have yet to play it keeps abit of excitment alive in the series for me. It took me until 4 years ago to complete Zero for the first time. After being an on and off fan of the series from its debut.

--

"I've had enough of your bullshit! Your just another one of Umbrella's leftovers"

July 12, 2014 at 7:01 PM Flag Quote & Reply

SkinniMini1
@George Trevor, I unfortunately find both cgi films to be average with Degeneration edging out Damnation by a small number. I hope that if a third one is made, they do better with it bc these films do have potential.
July 13, 2014 at 3:23 AM Flag Quote & Reply

fletcherc

I was 32 when I played my first RE game. And I made Jill run around that damn table in the dining room for about half an hour before I got the hang of the controls. And then I got killed by the first zombie.

No amount of running around anything will ever make me get the hang of the controls in ORC. Can't teach an old dog new tricks, I suppose. I’m still looking for someone playing the game for me.

I had nightmares about Nemesis. I still have them sometimes but now they're usually about him coming into my work place and buying a train ticket. Yes, I should get my head examined.

I don't think I have ever beaten the Tyrant on the plane in CVX without using a cheat code.

I almost got thrown out of a cinema because I couldn’t stop laughing during Anderson’s RE2.

--

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
When you're good at something, never do it for free ...

July 13, 2014 at 3:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

George Trevor
Site Owner

QUOTE fletcherc : "And I made Jill run around that damn table in the dining room for about half an hour before I got the hang of the controls."

Oh my god, you have just reminded me of the 48 hrs of my life that I will never get back & that I had long forgotten; a shameful memory I had burried deep in my consciousness, never I thought to be mentioned from the first day I joined this community, until my last...

I spent 2 whole days running around, and around, and around, and around that f*****g dining table, staring at the stunningly beautiful pre-rendered background & crying tears of frustration that I would never make it out of this room to behold the full beauty of the mansion. I would just continually turn 360 degrees everytime I wanted to walk in a straight line, and a simple right or left turn would become a half hour tortuous debacle of swearing and running into furniture or walls. Even when I made it out of that room, for at least a month of gameplay, I still moved with all the grace & control of a drunk hippo in high heels on ice. I had totally burried that experiance away, and I am not going to thank you fletcherc for reminding me ! ;)

But I forgive you sufficiently to give you this advice. When faced with the Code: Veronica Tyrant on the plane, just fire 20 (I think it's 20 !!) gunpowder enhanced exploding bowgun arrows into him and with one press of the button he is sent flying out the back of the plane to his doom, without any trouble.

--

Jessica... Lisa... Forgive me. May god justify my death in exchange for your safety.

July 13, 2014 at 6:21 PM Flag Quote & Reply

fletcherc

Hah, at least you found the time to admire the pre-rendered backgrounds. On my first playthrough (and no, I'm not gonna tell you how long that took me) I basically stumbled from room to room, ran into things and got eaten by every enemy I encountered. Except for the crows. Yay. I never found the time to just look around and say "hey, this is actually pretty damn beautiful" because I was too scared that something in this beautiful scenery would grab and kill me. And then there were those frustrating moments when I just wanted to run away from a zombie but Jill would do a 180 and run straight into it's arms. So it was back to the dining room doing laps around the table like "learn, old woman, learn". And just when I thought I could finally handle it the game threw the first Hunter at me. Whoosh! Instakill! The Hunter wins, you are dead. Go back to your dining room and think about what you did wrong. I don't know why REmake is still my favourite RE game. That game and me, we had a terrible start ...

Uhm, how is it that you still have 20 gunpowder arrows at that stage? When I get to the plane I'm pretty much out because there's that Tyrant on the bridge to the mansion and you can't run around him as far as I know. 

--

When you're good at something, never do it for free ...

July 14, 2014 at 3:44 AM Flag Quote & Reply

USS Command
Administrator

fletcherc at July 14, 2014 at 3:44 AM

Hah, at least you found the time to admire the pre-rendered backgrounds. On my first playthrough (and no, I'm not gonna tell you how long that took me) I basically stumbled from room to room, ran into things and got eaten by every enemy I encountered. Except for the crows. Yay. I never found the time to just look around and say "hey, this is actually pretty damn beautiful" because I was too scared that something in this beautiful scenery would grab and kill me. And then there were those frustrating moments when I just wanted to run away from a zombie but Jill would do a 180 and run straight into it's arms. So it was back to the dining room doing laps around the table like "learn, old woman, learn". And just when I thought I could finally handle it the game threw the first Hunter at me. Whoosh! Instakill! The Hunter wins, you are dead. Go back to your dining room and think about what you did wrong. I don't know why REmake is still my favourite RE game. That game and me, we had a terrible start ...

Uhm, how is it that you still have 20 gunpowder arrows at that stage? When I get to the plane I'm pretty much out because there's that Tyrant on the bridge to the mansion and you can't run around him as far as I know. 

My stradigie to save all my grenade launcher rounds for the plane I had to used the gunpowder bow on the damn bandersnachs. Also if you need help with ORC I'd be happy to help DLC and all, as long as you got the Xbox version that is.
--

July 14, 2014 at 1:11 PM Flag Quote & Reply

NEMESIS

Vito at July 6, 2014 at 3:30 PM

I liked 6. 8)

You are not alone brother! My other confession has to be that I still play RE Survivor and I prefer it to RE5. I will also bravely confess to not liking RE1 that much - I thought it was a bit boring and too easy with slow enemies - please dont expel me from this site!

--

STAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRS

July 14, 2014 at 2:28 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.