TO BECOME A MEMBER EMAIL [email protected]

CRIMSON HEAD ELDER

Survival Horror Community Site & Podcast

RESIDENTS FORUM

Forum Home > BIRKIN'S LABORATORY > Resident Evil Paintings

Alan Wenpei Mao

In Resident Evil 2, doesn't this painting remind you of Lisa Trevor? Is this painting real and does it have a name? Can anyone identify it? Its part of the background rips by Project Umbrella.

Biohazard 2 (J) [!] 00364

What do you guys think?

June 29, 2014 at 3:17 PM Flag Quote & Reply

George Trevor
Site Owner

There are certain features & feelings about this painting that are reminiscent of my tragic daughter Lisa, and maybe for that reason, whenever I am wandering the lonely rooms of the RPD in search of a red gem, or shotgun rounds, I always stop and stare at this painting for some time, wondering about it's equally tragic subject. This is certainly one of the more intriguingly unnerving paintings to be found in the Resident Evil universe, and so I'm pleased to see a thread here devoted to it; thank you Alan.

I have a feeling this is one of the rare examples of a painting from Resident Evil that is not a texture sourced from an exisiting real painting. But I will ask a couple of experts on the paintings of Resident Evil, our residents Ridley, and Joel Welsh.

--

Jessica... Lisa... Forgive me. May god justify my death in exchange for your safety.

June 29, 2014 at 6:19 PM Flag Quote & Reply

TheBatMan

It's entitled 'A Sacrifice to Hellfire.'

June 29, 2014 at 6:26 PM Flag Quote & Reply

CC

I know the RE painting thread over at PU was pretty informative.

June 30, 2014 at 12:20 AM Flag Quote & Reply

George Trevor
Site Owner

CC at June 30, 2014 at 12:20 AM

I know the RE painting thread over at PU was pretty informative.

You are absolutey right CC, and after Alan posted this thread, I thought to as the two main contributotra to the PU paintings thread, Ridley & Joel Welsh, to update and extend that thread into an article for CHE, or at the very least as a high resolution album in our Resident Evil media section. My one and only contribution to that Project Umbrella thread was a painting texture from the experimental gameplay build biohazard 3.5 that was re-used (like so many biohazard 3.5 elements) for Demento (Haunting Ground) ~

QUOTE GEORGE TREVOR : "Top work as always, thanks Ridley. Preston generously uploaded some Haunting Ground screens, and as I was looking through them thinking to myself "I wish this was Resident Evil 4, I wish this was Resident Evil 4, I wish this was.... hang on why don't I just play the game & stop fucking obssessing about Resident Evil", and then I spotted a familiar picture"

photo 53-HQE8zCz_zps93626deb.jpg

During my biohazard 3.5 article for CHE, I spent many hours trying to find the original source painting for this texture, and finally gave up. True to form, Ridley discovered the gem for himself, as being 'The Sacrafice of St.Peter'. I quickly put this together in photoshop to display his finding ~

photo sacraficeofpeter.jpg

--

Jessica... Lisa... Forgive me. May god justify my death in exchange for your safety.

June 30, 2014 at 12:31 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alan Wenpei Mao

You're welcome George. I am always on the lookout for interesting news and images related to Resident Evil. Thank you for giving me the chance to contribute to Resident Evil discussion. I am currently still going through the Resident Evil backgrounds to see if there are stuff that no one discussed yet. There may be more paintings that I will post here. ;)

https://www.flickr.com

July 2, 2014 at 10:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

James Marcus

TheBatMan at June 29, 2014 at 6:26 PM

I cannot remember from the last time I played Resident Evil 2 if this title is in the description that is triggered by examining the fireplace or is it in a file? I did a Google search of the name but no painting like this exists that I could find.

--

I will have my revenge on Umbrella!

July 12, 2014 at 4:55 PM Flag Quote & Reply

NEMESIS

James Marcus at July 12, 2014 at 4:55 PM

TheBatMan at June 29, 2014 at 6:26 PM

I cannot remember from the last time I played Resident Evil 2 if this title is in the description that is triggered by examining the fireplace or is it in a file? I did a Google search of the name but no painting like this exists that I could find.

If you search the fireplace the title of the painting appears.

--

STAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRS

July 14, 2014 at 2:19 PM Flag Quote & Reply

JC Wesker

I know that this is a very old Thread, & I'm not expecting anything, but I was hoping that it might fall into the "gone, but not forgotten" avenue of Forum Topics.

N e way, I've always been fascinated by the wealth of Art-Works in the Resident Evil Series, & even though some Textures are in fact unique, it seems that most do still tend to be from an actual source, & it's incredibly satisfying to know that what you see in-game is often actually out there in the wild.

What's more, it also gives an insight into what the game developers of a particular Title were inspired by, (or even what they thought the in-game characters were possibly inspired by, etc)....

Unfortunately, I know nothing of how to extract Textures, etc, from these Titles, (though if anyone one does, feel free to PM me), so I feel a little bit dead in the water, so in the interests of wanting to help resurrect this Topic, I thought I'd try to here.

Such as it is, most of the images on the equivalent PU Thread, "The Paintings of BioHazard" are long since dead, as it too is a long in the past Topic, & I wasn't going to be so presumptuous as to PM Ridley or Joel, as I've only ever been something of a lurker on PU, but I digress..

.... at least we have "A Sacrifice To The Hell Fire" :)

--

"Sure I'm not human anymore, but just look at the power I've gained!!"

January 16, 2018 at 7:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alan Wenpei Mao

I am also a fan of artworks from the Resident Evil series. There is not much to do, but hope the PU website is updated or George or someone reuploads the images in the old post in the PU forum topic currently.

--

February 10, 2018 at 4:38 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.