CRIMSON HEAD ELDER

Survival Horror Community & Podcast

RESIDENTS FORUM

Forum Home > THE SPENCER MANSION > Michelle Ruff Interview

George Trevor
Site Owner

File #1 of the Crimson Head Elder podcast will debut immediately after the Toykyo Game Show, for the last week in September. As part of the preparations for the features & content of our first podcast chapter, an exclusive interview with Michelle Ruff, voice actress for Jill Valentine in Resident Evil Revelations, is being planned.

More general questions that residents may have regarding Revelations, or any other suggestions & ideas for the Crimson Head Elder podcast can be posted here ~

http://www.crimson-head.com/apps/forums/topics/show/12929768-crimson-head-elder-podcast

Residents may post their questions for American Anime Awards double nominated (Best Actress for Bleach & Lupin the 3rd, and Best Actress in a Comedy for Lupin the 3rd) & SPJA Industry Award winning Best Voice Actress (Rukia Kukichi in the Bleach movie Memories of Nobody), Michelle Ruff. These questions will for an interview, as part of Michelle's appearance as a special guest on File #1 of the CHE podcast.

June 25, 2014 at 6:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

SkinniMini1
1. How long did it take to record for Revelations and ORC? 2. If given the opportunity, would she have voiced any other female character in the two RE games she did voice work for and if so who would it be and why? 3. Was she asked by Capcom voice directors to make Jill sound very stoic in Revelations or was that her own personal choice? 4. How would she describes Jill character in Revelations vs her character in ORC?
June 25, 2014 at 7:36 PM Flag Quote & Reply

NEMESIS

Was she asked to voice match with past Jill Valentine actresses?

--

STAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRS

June 25, 2014 at 7:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

USS Command

Would she do more Jill in the future? How was the overall experience with Resident Evil voice acting, compared to the anime she does? Did she have any prior knowledge of the series?

--

"I'll take my Survival Horror like I take my men" - George Trevor, September 3, 2017 at 6:10 PM
"I am so in love with CHE I almost put my willy in the USB port." George Trevor, September 20, 2018 at 12:53 PM
“Great love springs from great knowledge of the beloved object and if you know it but a little, you will be able to love it only a little or not at all.” - Leonardo da Vinci

June 26, 2014 at 12:34 AM Flag Quote & Reply

James Marcus

How does working for Capcom guys compare to other video games executives?

--

I will have my revenge on Umbrella!

June 26, 2014 at 11:29 AM Flag Quote & Reply

SkinniMini1
Hey George Trevor, how long do the forum members have to post questions?
June 26, 2014 at 1:56 PM Flag Quote & Reply

George Trevor
Site Owner

SkinniMini1 at June 26, 2014 at 1:56 PM

Hey George Trevor, how long do the forum members have to post questions?

Thank you for your interest SkinniMini1. You have at least until the end of July, so about 5 weeks, but please message me if you come up with any further questions after such time, as I can then confirm if the recording has occurred.

--

Jessica... Lisa... Forgive me. May god justify my death in exchange for your safety.

June 26, 2014 at 5:49 PM Flag Quote & Reply

fletcherc

Ugh, I hate this about me: everytime I get the opportunity to ask a voice actor/actor/musician a question my mind goes blank. You should have seen me meeting Ken Foree and Bai Ling ... 

So this is probably lame but I read she used a pseudonym when she started her career. Is that true and if so why didn't she use her own name? And I'd like to know how she got into voice acting in the first place. 

--

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
When you're good at something, never do it for free ...
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

June 27, 2014 at 3:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

George Trevor
Site Owner

Interview to be recorded by the end of this month, so residents who have yet to submit a question, and wish to do so, have only a couple of weeks to do so, thanks.

--

Jessica... Lisa... Forgive me. May god justify my death in exchange for your safety.

July 12, 2014 at 8:36 PM Flag Quote & Reply

NEMESIS

NEMESIS at June 25, 2014 at 7:47 PM

Was she asked to voice match with past Jill Valentine actresses?

If I am allowed 2 questions I would like to know what she thinks about the Revelations 2 rumors?

--

STAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRS

July 14, 2014 at 3:10 PM Flag Quote & Reply

M-Greg

1. Are you aware of why Patricia Ja Lee no longer voices the character?

2. How would you describe Chris and Jill's relationship?

3. Could you see yourself doing cosplay of Jill if any major RE conventions happen again?

--

The basis of controlling fear... Only those who've conquered fear deserve to rule the world.

July 14, 2014 at 5:58 PM Flag Quote & Reply

George Trevor
Site Owner

CHEERS guys for your questions above.

This is the last chance now for the Resident Evil community at CHE to post any further questions for the extremely talented Michelle Ruff, as we should hopefuly be recording the interview for approval, early next week. Thank you kindly to all residents here that have provided the varied & insightful questions above, and now let's have some more please !

August 20, 2014 at 9:27 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ray Redfield

Do you find Jill Valentine to resemble you in any way?

Was it difficult when you first voiced Jill Valentine?

Does her character affect you personally or in any way?

Do you think that Chris and Jill will have a future together or their relationship is only based on work and duties only?

Did you enjoy working with the crew?

If you can choose any characters from Resident Evil to have a date with you, who would you choose?

P\S : The last question is just for fun.. but it is a serious question. It's more a fangirl question but whatever. XD

--

Fantasy is I am a wingless angel made in heaven. Reality is I am a human born in the beautiful land of the mysterious missing flights.

August 20, 2014 at 10:21 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alan Wenpei Mao

Has she met with any other voice actors that have voiced other characters in the Resident Evil franchise? Has the tone of Jill Valentine changed between ORC and Revelations or has it stayed the same?

August 21, 2014 at 3:50 PM Flag Quote & Reply

James Marcus

James Marcus at June 26, 2014 at 11:29 AM

How does working for Capcom guys compare to other video games executives?

I would also like to ask is she has a favorite character from all the manga and video game characters that she is the voice for?

--

August 21, 2014 at 8:57 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Yuan-The-11th

I have read that Michelle Ruff has done un-credited voice work for the video game series known as "Dynasty Warriors", in particular I have heard that she voiced both "Lady Zhen Ji" as well as "Lady Sun Shang Xiang".

My question is for Michelle Ruff is:

Does she recall doing voice work for Dynasty Warriors, specifically:
Is it true that she voiced the female officer known as Zhen Ji?

--

The nobility will rise again. Until that time, farewell!

August 21, 2014 at 11:08 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Xarls

Yuan-The-11th at August 21, 2014 at 11:08 PM

I have read that Michelle Ruff has done un-credited voice work for the video game series known as "Dynasty Warriors", in particular I have heard that she voiced both "Lady Zhen Ji" as well as "Lady Sun Shang Xiang".

My question is for Michelle Ruff is:

Does she recall doing voice work for Dynasty Warriors, specifically:
Is it true that she voiced the female officer known as Zhen Ji?

Not sure about Sun Shang Xian but I found a voice actress link that confirms she did voice Zhenji, it would be nice if she could confirm it as I´ma Dynasty Warriors fan as well!

--

The DEADPOOLEST Crimson Head Elder resident

September 4, 2014 at 5:33 AM Flag Quote & Reply

James Marcus

Is the interview going to be part of the podcast? Is the podcast out yet & is it going to be available on itunes?

--

September 8, 2014 at 10:31 AM Flag Quote & Reply

George Trevor
Site Owner

James Marcus at September 8, 2014 at 10:31 AM

Is the interview going to be part of the podcast? Is the podcast out yet & is it going to be available on itunes?

Michelle's interview can be found in our RESIDENT EVIL AUDIO section, both on File #1 of the Crimson Head Elder Podcast, and also as a seperate recording for those anie & manga fans that ay not wish to listen to a Resident Evil themed podcast! Are Homepage also features the latest Crimson Head Elder podcast, which currently is the Revelations chapter with Michelle Ruff as special podcast guest, and it is NOW available for FREE download on iTunes. All links below ~

iTunes free downloadhttps://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/crimson-head-elder-podcast/id928291374?ign-mpt=uo%3D7&mt=2

Crimson Head Elder Podcast : http://www.crimson-head.com/apps/podcast/podcast/348988

Michelle Ruff Interview : http://www.crimson-head.com/apps/podcast/podcast/349130

--

October 17, 2014 at 12:09 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.