CRIMSON HEAD ELDER

Survival Horror Community & Podcast

RESIDENTS FORUM

Forum Home > THE SPENCER MANSION > Crimson Head Elder Podcast

George Trevor
Site Owner

The Crimson Head Elder facebook page has over 3000 likes, we have over 1000 followers @CRIMSON_HEAD, site traffic is on a par with the largest & longest established Resident Evil/Biohazard sites worldwide, and the Crimson Head Elder community Forum showcases as many threads & posts from active members, and receives as many hits as any other Resident Evil website globally. Suffice to say, it is now time for the first chapter, in the annals of the Crimson Head Elder Podcast

Residents can post their thoughts, ideas & requests for File #1 of The Crimson Head Elder Podcast. Anyone who would like to feature on a podcast please post below the particular game and/or debate that you would like to discuss. These podcasts are NOT live; you would be part SKYPE group conversation, later be edited into a podcast chapter.

One feature of Chapter #1 will be a Q&A with community author & CHE administrator TheOracleDragon, on her hard-hitting Resident Evil fan-fiction 'Resident Evil Shane's Story'. Questions relating to her outstanding Resident Evil novel can be posted in the R.E.S.S interview thread.

For those residents that wish to contribute but feel due to language and/or other barriers a podcast appearance is a bit too much, then why not just record a question for our first podcast, which will feature the game Resident Evil Revelations, with an exclusive interview from Jill Valentine voice actress in Revelations, the extremely talented Michelle Ruff. So ask anything relating to the game's development, gameplay, narrative, or theories. Questions for Michelle Ruff can be posted in a seperate thread: Michelle Ruff Interview

Any suggestions & ideas, not just for the content of a particular podcast chapter, but also for the format & style, are greatly welcomed below ~

June 25, 2014 at 6:12 PM Flag Quote & Reply

SkinniMini1
Okay I was able to come up with a few things. 1. What was the point of making up the FBC organization? 2. Why wasnt any of the other "Original Eleven" members of the BSAA shown? Like why didn't they just make Parker, Jessica, Keith, and Quint 4 of the nine remaining members for instance? 3. What was the point of tying Jessica (and most likely Raymond) to Tricell, an organization which was most likely finished after re5's events? 4. Was Jessica and Raymond already double agents during the Terragrigia panic or was it those events that caused them to become such. 5. What was with the new health system? Why didn't the creators take advantage of the 3DS double screen and put the EKG there? It really would have been better than the whole blood splatter gray screen. 6. Was Rachael to play a bigger role than she ended up doing. Also why was her death scene removed from the final product? 7. Why didn't they just kill Parker? Him surviving seemed ridiculous and cheap. 8. Do you think it's possible Raymond gave Jessica a fake T-Abyss sample at the end of Revelations? 9. Do you think Jessica could be a good villian for the series if she returns? 10. How did you feel about the Genesis scanner?
June 25, 2014 at 7:28 PM Flag Quote & Reply

TheOracleDragon
Administrator

Going into depth of the games series and feel of the games in question will be good topic and how RE went from a survival to action shooter. How fans possibly feel the future of the series will come about.

Also, thank you for featuring me in this, hopefully I'll get questions and get things set for recording. 

--

'The screams, the shouts, the pain, the nightmares...they'll never leave me, that asylum will never leave me...I suffer from it every passing night...what does Umbrella want of me?' - Shane Burns

June 25, 2014 at 7:28 PM Flag Quote & Reply

NEMESIS

There are not many decent video game podcats on itunes so a Resident Evil one, and one produced by CHE is a very good idea. Will you be putting it on itunes? I listened many years ago to the RPD Dispatch over at THIA which eventually degenerated into a long running clique comedy sketch. I hope the CHE podcast panel treat their podcasts a litte more seriously. I am very intereted to listen to the podcast but I wil not be asking a question as I do not like Revelations that much.

--

STAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRS

June 25, 2014 at 7:53 PM Flag Quote & Reply

USS Command
SkinniMini1 I think I could answer you Rachel question. In the first art book she is shown to have a winter suit on(with her boobs still showing like they are) so they could have had Jessica replace her role also the trial of the game had a black guy(Richard?) to be killed instead. Anyway I'd like to know is there any info on who those guys at the airport are? Were they O'Brien's men? FBC? Random remnants of veltro? If the last how they get those BOWs? Lastly how did the FBC send all those BOWs to Quint and Keith, Just how much control did they have and was all the BOWs in the area being controlled?
--

"I'll take my Survival Horror like I take my men" - George Trevor, September 3, 2017 at 6:10 PM
"I am so in love with CHE I almost put my willy in the USB port." George Trevor, September 20, 2018 at 12:53 PM
“Great love springs from great knowledge of the beloved object and if you know it but a little, you will be able to love it only a little or not at all.” - Leonardo da Vinci

June 26, 2014 at 12:48 AM Flag Quote & Reply

SkinniMini1
^Thanks for answering that. You think you could paste a pic of that artwork here? I would really like to see that. I remember the guy from the Mercs 3D demo trial. He even has on Raymond's outfit.
June 26, 2014 at 10:14 AM Flag Quote & Reply

James Marcus

I would like to participate in a podcast that was devoted to RE Zero. Any other game and I will listen enthusiasticaly. This is a great idea thank you CHE!

--

I will have my revenge on Umbrella!

June 26, 2014 at 11:27 AM Flag Quote & Reply

USS Command

SkinniMini1 at June 26, 2014 at 10:14 AM

^Thanks for answering that. You think you could paste a pic of that artwork here? I would really like to see that. I remember the guy from the Mercs 3D demo trial. He even has on Raymond's outfit.

Well he wasn't so much wearing Raymond's outfit as he was wearing the FBC uniform. Anyway the picture in question is on the site already:

http://www.crimson-head.com/apps/photos/photo?photoid=149625201

If you can I recommend downloading the full thing. The album itself doesn't have all the pages listed but they're all in the download. Also I forgot to mention in Jessica's Report Video it shows Rachel being playable and being attacked by various B.O.Ws from the game. It could mean nothing but thought I would mention it.

--

"I'll take my Survival Horror like I take my men" - George Trevor, September 3, 2017 at 6:10 PM
"I am so in love with CHE I almost put my willy in the USB port." George Trevor, September 20, 2018 at 12:53 PM
“Great love springs from great knowledge of the beloved object and if you know it but a little, you will be able to love it only a little or not at all.” - Leonardo da Vinci

June 26, 2014 at 12:36 PM Flag Quote & Reply

TheBatMan

SkinniMini1 at June 25, 2014 at 7:28 PM

Okay I was able to come up with a few things. 1. What was the point of making up the FBC organization? 2. Why wasnt any of the other "Original Eleven" members of the BSAA shown? Like why didn't they just make Parker, Jessica, Keith, and Quint 4 of the nine remaining members for instance? 3. What was the point of tying Jessica (and most likely Raymond) to Tricell, an organization which was most likely finished after re5's events? 4. Was Jessica and Raymond already double agents during the Terragrigia panic or was it those events that caused them to become such. 5. What was with the new health system? Why didn't the creators take advantage of the 3DS double screen and put the EKG there? It really would have been better than the whole blood splatter gray screen. 6. Was Rachael to play a bigger role than she ended up doing. Also why was her death scene removed from the final product? 7. Why didn't they just kill Parker? Him surviving seemed ridiculous and cheap. 8. Do you think it's possible Raymond gave Jessica a fake T-Abyss sample at the end of Revelations? 9. Do you think Jessica could be a good villian for the series if she returns? 10. How did you feel about the Genesis scanner?

1, The FBC was formed in 2001, three years before the BSAA. For Revelations they needed an opposing bioterrorism organisation for the story.

2. Chris, Jill, Clive and someone connected to Sheva are the only known original 11 members. There isn't any reason to suggest more won't be revealed in the future.

3. So Revelations would tie in a bit more to the main series. As it stands it is very isolated and does not fit in with the rest of the main series titles. The Tricell link is an important one. Tricell are also not finished after RE5. Only Tricell Africa's division were involved, and Kijuju was not a major public event like Raccoon City. Not to mention M.Suzuki destroyed all evidence implicating Tricell from Ryan's desktop. They pretty much got away scott free.

4. Unknown, though I'd hazard a guess at no.

5. Experimental gameplay quirk.

6. No. Rachel was taken along to assist Raymond, though she had no clue about what was really going down. She was under the belief the Veltro revival was real too. Her death scene wasn't removed from the final product. It was a promo video made that was never in the game in the first place.

7. Happy endings. Hollywood loves happy endings.

8. No, Jessica and Raymond were working together the whole time. Both had orders to get the sample for Tricell, though Raymond had a personal stake in the events as he wanted to bring Lansdale down for what he did in Terragrigia. Jessica on the other hand, revelled in being Morgan's spy and didn't want him being exposed. That is the source of the conflict between the two in the game - although they ultimately had the same mission and the same employer. Tricell had no interest in Lansdale and didn't care either way what became of him, they just wanted the sample. I like to think Raymond gives Jessica the sample at the end because he does not care about the glory, his main personal mission was to bring Lansdale down, and he succeeded. The sample was a secondary priority for him. - In my eyes he is very much a male Ada Wong.

9. I hope she comes back, she could be a good antagonist for Claire given her history with Chris.

10. Didn't mind it. Liked the invisible Hunter tracking, disliked scanning for hidden ammunition and herbs as it removed lots of tension from the game.

June 26, 2014 at 12:37 PM Flag Quote & Reply

TheBatMan

USS Command at June 26, 2014 at 12:48 AM

SkinniMini1 I think I could answer you Rachel question. In the first art book she is shown to have a winter suit on(with her boobs still showing like they are) so they could have had Jessica replace her role also the trial of the game had a black guy(Richard?) to be killed instead. Anyway I'd like to know is there any info on who those guys at the airport are? Were they O'Brien's men? FBC? Random remnants of veltro? If the last how they get those BOWs? Lastly how did the FBC send all those BOWs to Quint and Keith, Just how much control did they have and was all the BOWs in the area being controlled?

The airport was a fake base set up by Raymond and O'Brian, but the men there were actual Veltro members who were either remnants from the previous regieme or loyalists to their cause who were lured there because they believed the revival was going to be real. Either way, they were set up for a fall.

The Fenrir and Farafello BOWs were sent to Valkoinnen Mokki via plane by Morgan to attack and kill everyone on the base because he believed the Veltro revival was real. The Hunters and wolves lay siege to the base, some survivors try to escape and this is when the plane crashes at the start of the game. 

BOWs are controlled through simple training techniques. They were probably just ordered to attack anything on sight.

June 26, 2014 at 12:49 PM Flag Quote & Reply

SkinniMini1
@James Marcus, I know right :-) @USS Command. It looks more like they were thinking about giving Jessica blonde hair and not that they necessarily replaced Rachael with her. @Batman well I agree that Raymond is very reminiscant of Ada, that's why I was thinking that it was possible he gave Jessica a fake, similar to how Ada gave Wesker that fake Las Plaga sample. Who are M.Suzuki and Ryan? Were they ever mentioned in the games files? If Jessica was to return, they'd probably make her Jill's adversary before Claire's and I personally would find that more interesting. She didn't exactly care for Jill's personality as she admitted in her report and seemed legit jealous of her. Then there's the fact she's a BSAA traitor. I would hope that if they cross paths again Jill would have something to say about it. Hollywood Happy Endings suck, esp in a series like this.
June 26, 2014 at 2:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

George Trevor
Site Owner

SkinniMini1 at June 26, 2014 at 2:20 PM

@James Marcus, I know right :-) @USS Command. It looks more like they were thinking about giving Jessica blonde hair and not that they necessarily replaced Rachael with her. @Batman well I agree that Raymond is very reminiscant of Ada, that's why I was thinking that it was possible he gave Jessica a fake, similar to how Ada gave Wesker that fake Las Plaga sample. Who are M.Suzuki and Ryan? Were they ever mentioned in the games files? If Jessica was to return, they'd probably make her Jill's adversary before Claire's and I personally would find that more interesting. She didn't exactly care for Jill's personality as she admitted in her report and seemed legit jealous of her. Then there's the fact she's a BSAA traitor. I would hope that if they cross paths again Jill would have something to say about it. Hollywood Happy Endings suck, esp in a series like this.

We will go into further detail during the podcast, and I am relieved to say TheBatman will be featuring on podcast chapter #1.

M.Suzuki is a Special Operations Agents refrenced on the BSAA Remote Desktop. This was a Resident Evil 5 viral promotional website. It provides the B.S.A.A's central information hub, detailing events leading up to the game. The materials 'stored' on this laptop consist of Reports & an Umbrella folder. The Reports are written by Kijuju spy Reynard Fisher, and evidence the region's bioterrorist activities. The Umbrella folder includes 3 files detailing Umbrella's collapse.

Ryan is a Tricell employe stationed in the African Uroboros Laboratory. All the researchers in that facility, of which he was part, were tricked by Tricell & Albert Wesker into thinking they had been awarded extra time-off, for them only to be slaughtered so as to prevent information on Uroboros leaking to the public. (See RE5 files 'An E-mail to an aquaintance', and 'Report on Implementation of Preventing Information Leaks‎'.)

--

Jessica... Lisa... Forgive me. May god justify my death in exchange for your safety.

June 26, 2014 at 6:39 PM Flag Quote & Reply

TheBatMan

Ryan is actually a BSAA systems analyst. It is his desktop computer we are looking at. He co-ordinated the mission and was responsible for teaming Sheva up with Chris etc. Sheva makes an in-game reference to this desktop when she asks why HQ were expecting the townsfolk to be infected in chapter 1 of the game. 

M.Suzuki is an SOA but she is also a Tricell spy. Ryan begins to suspect her as she deliberatley did not pass on vital intelligence to Chris and also infected the BSAA's computer systems with a virus. Following the events of the game, M Suzuki assassinates Ryan and deletes all data from the BSAA desktop, including any evidence of Tricell's involvement.

June 26, 2014 at 7:04 PM Flag Quote & Reply

SkinniMini1
What is it with the BSAA and Tricell spies? For a second it sounded like Jessica could have been this M. Suzuki but then I quickly realized that it couldn't have been the same person. Still I wonder if the two know each other. Maybe Jessica was the one who gave M.Suzuki tips on how to infiltrate the BSAA and blend in, seeing as though she herself did it before.
June 26, 2014 at 7:56 PM Flag Quote & Reply

TheOracleDragon
Administrator

For some reason, I think a good topic to talk about is Resident Evil 1.5 and how if they went with that, how Resident Evil 2 would have turned out. Considering they made a lot of stuff for Elza Walker, they even included a poster with Claire Redfield on it in the Police Station. 

So that's what I think, what if Capcom went with their idea for RE2 with Elza Walker, I've met a few fans who really liked her and wished they kept her. Do any of you think she might make a return in the RE series?

--

'The screams, the shouts, the pain, the nightmares...they'll never leave me, that asylum will never leave me...I suffer from it every passing night...what does Umbrella want of me?' - Shane Burns

June 26, 2014 at 10:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

George Trevor
Site Owner

Resident Evil 1.5 would be a first class debating feature for a podcast chapter that could include other beta builds, such as Resident Evil 3.5 ? There are many passionbate enthusiasts for these beta & experimental builds, so it would prove a very popular choice. Some time ago I extracted from the Japanese Playstation 1 'Complete' disc included with Biohazard Director's Cut Duel Shock ver. the four Resident Evil 1.5 gameplay videos, which can be watched here ~

http://www.crimson-head.com/apps/videos/videos/show/17418226-biohazard-1-5

--

Jessica... Lisa... Forgive me. May god justify my death in exchange for your safety.

June 27, 2014 at 4:59 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alan Wenpei Mao

Will Capcom put out more side games like Resident Evil Revelations, Resident Evil Outbreak series, and Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City? Resident Evil Outbreak is more suited to be part of the current generation of game machines yet Capcom is avoiding it like crazy. REO and REO2 are Capcom's first experimental Resident Evil games. Resident Evil Revelations is Capcom experiment back into survival horror. REORC is Capcom's experiment into third person shooters, but didn't do so well. Will there be more experimental games in Resident Evil? Will they continue making sequels of these kinds? :D

June 27, 2014 at 6:39 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Survivalist

I bought Revelations for the Wii U after first having it on the PS3, and found this platform heightened my enjoyment and immersion considerably. If anyone has any ideas on this, it would be nice to hear. I have always acquired RE titles for Nintendo systems, principally so I can use the GameCube controller, which to my mind is the definitive RE controller; simply all in all the most elegant and comfortable controller there is.

A discussion on RE1.5/RE3.5 would be wonderful. I only recently came across a meaningful amount of footage of the former, and found it utterly enthralling. The possibility spaces made by these would make for a great podcast.

June 27, 2014 at 7:07 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Yuan-The-11th

@ SkinniMini1

"Who are M.Suzuki and Ryan?"

I have placed a bounty on your head for not knowing who the fantastic female B.S.A.A special operations agent that is M. Suzuki is, if you are lucky Nemesis t-Type will come after you as opposed to Sgt. Nicolai.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, in all seriousness I came across some interesting information regarding Bio Revelations, via a Capcom character guide:

Jessica & her t-Abyss virus may have contributed to the creation of Uroboros-Virus, also the guide stipulated that alternatively, Jessica may have betrayed/left Excella Gionne causing a delay in Uroboros-Virus creation.

I like the first option as it is simple, but I actually prefer the second option as I find it much more believable that Jessica would side with Tricell Inc. as opposed to crazy "Queen" Excella & crazy "God" Albert.

Now before anyone points out the obvious, I am aware that a North American Capcom guides status in the Biohazard series "cannon" is dubious at best, however I personally would like to take it as tasty food-for-thought & perhaps even an idea/prelude of what's in store in the series near future.

Lastly I would like to state that Jessica (in her vintage F.B.C uniform) is one of my favorite characters in the series, girly & with ulterior motives, she is a perfect foil to what Jill Valentine has become, robotic & with stale motives (please do not take offence Jill fans!), I sincerely hope that she returns in the series, perhaps as an Anti-Villainess counterpart/foil to the Anti-Heroine that is Ada Wong.

--

The nobility will rise again. Until that time, farewell!

June 27, 2014 at 9:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

USS Command

Yuan-The-11th at June 27, 2014 at 9:02 PM

@ SkinniMini1

"Who are M.Suzuki and Ryan?"

I have placed a bounty on your head for not knowing who the fantastic female B.S.A.A special operations agent that is M. Suzuki is, if you are lucky Nemesis t-Type will come after you as opposed to Sgt. Nicolai.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, in all seriousness I came across some interesting information regarding Bio Revelations, via a Capcom character guide:

Jessica & her t-Abyss virus may have contributed to the creation of Uroboros-Virus, also the guide stipulated that alternatively, Jessica may have betrayed/left Excella Gionne causing a delay in Uroboros-Virus creation.

I like the first option as it is simple, but I actually prefer the second option as I find it much more believable that Jessica would side with Tricell Inc. as opposed to crazy "Queen" Excella & crazy "God" Albert.

Now before anyone points out the obvious, I am aware that a North American Capcom guides status in the Biohazard series "cannon" is dubious at best, however I personally would like to take it as tasty food-for-thought & perhaps even an idea/prelude of what's in store in the series near future.

Lastly I would like to state that Jessica (in her vintage F.B.C uniform) is one of my favorite characters in the series, girly & with ulterior motives, she is a perfect foil to what Jill Valentine has become, robotic & with stale motives (please do not take offence Jill fans!), I sincerely hope that she returns in the series, perhaps as an Anti-Villainess counterpart/foil to the Anti-Heroine that is Ada Wong.

You sir, are the real MVP! I mean really, that's interesting, definitely something to think about. I can't see it conflicting with anything(unless I forgot something) we know as of now.
--

June 27, 2014 at 11:23 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.