CRIMSON HEAD ELDER

Survival Horror Community & Podcast

RESIDENTS FORUM

Forum Home > THE SPENCER MANSION > R.E.S.S. Interview

TheOracleDragon
Administrator

George Trevor talked to me a long time ago about making a recording about how R.E.S.S. (Resident Evil: Shane's Story) came to be and the backstory behind the making of it. Resident Evil: Shane's Stoy link

Here I am asking for anyone and everyone to ask me as many questions as you like about the story and how it was made/came to be. I will bring light to the original story that made R.E.S.S. (of which I wrote before) and how it is now progressing into a great story that many fans adore because of the accuracy and no interference with the main plot of the series.

So ask your questions and toss out ideas of what you will like me to talk about when I record. Thank you!

--

'The screams, the shouts, the pain, the nightmares...they'll never leave me, that asylum will never leave me...I suffer from it every passing night...what does Umbrella want of me?' - Shane Burns

June 25, 2014 at 2:10 PM Flag Quote & Reply

James Marcus

Did you get inspiration for your book from one particular RE game - which one?

--

I will have my revenge on Umbrella!

June 26, 2014 at 11:31 AM Flag Quote & Reply

TheOracleDragon
Administrator

Thank you, good sir, you are the second person to ask me a question beside the awesome artist Wondermanrules (from dA and artist of R.E.S.S. works). Thank you, I have done 4 questions total thus far. 

--

'The screams, the shouts, the pain, the nightmares...they'll never leave me, that asylum will never leave me...I suffer from it every passing night...what does Umbrella want of me?' - Shane Burns

June 26, 2014 at 1:57 PM Flag Quote & Reply

SkinniMini1
If you had to compare Shane to any famous character in the entertainment medium (be it games, movies, comics etc.), who would it be and why? Also why use the name Shane (one of my fav names in the world by the way)? Is he named after a family member? Friend? Or do you just find it to be a cool name like me?
June 26, 2014 at 2:27 PM Flag Quote & Reply

NEMESIS

Did you take character traits from other Resident Evil protagonoists and maybe even from antagonists, or did you want to make Shane unlike any main character from the video games?

--

STAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRS

June 26, 2014 at 5:41 PM Flag Quote & Reply

TheOracleDragon
Administrator

Keep the questions coming, the most I get the better it helps me with the podcast. I got 6.5 questions thus far. Thank you everyone.

June 26, 2014 at 7:44 PM Flag Quote & Reply

TheOracleDragon
Administrator

Anyone else want to ask me questions or continue to ask me more, feel free too. I'm anxious to answer as many as possible.

--

June 27, 2014 at 8:36 PM Flag Quote & Reply

George Trevor
Site Owner

TheOracleDragon at June 26, 2014 at 7:44 PM

Keep the questions coming, the most I get the better it helps me with the podcast. I got 6.5 questions thus far. Thank you everyone.

I'm intrigued how you can have six and-a-half questions ?!

I would like to know which authors inspired you to write, and were you particularily interested in the horror genre before your love for Resident Evil ? Are you a fan of the contentiously debated non-canon fan fiction of S.D.Perry, have you read any of her books, and if so, what portions of the canon Resident Evil narrative do you think were best captured by her writing ? Getting back you your own work, did you want to place Shane in a particular time-line of the canon narrative and avoid other periods, due to personal taste, and how did you approach the subject of viral infection and the biological/physical consequences of that ?

How would you like to present your interview ? As a feature during a podcast chapter, with youursef on the panel, or as a pre-recorded segment for a podcast chapter that you persoanlly will not be featuring in ? If there is a particular Resident Evil game that was the catalyst, inspiration, or basis for R.E.S.S. (there is a question or you !), then may I suggest this interview forms part of a podcast chapter that also features a review & debate of that game.

--

Jessica... Lisa... Forgive me. May god justify my death in exchange for your safety.

June 27, 2014 at 8:59 PM Flag Quote & Reply

TheOracleDragon
Administrator

The one question I got was half a question, haha. Now I'll be even steven again with these ones, thank you. :)

I think my podcast/interview thing can be used anytime once I'm done recording it so you can always use it as a filler or something. I've been answering questions and giving out the honesty of how I feel and inspirations and such came from. A lot of goodies I must say.

--

June 27, 2014 at 9:18 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Yuan-The-11th

@ TheOracleDragon

I have had a question for your recording that I have been wanting to ask you since you created this very topic, however I procrastinated from asking as I feared my question would be considered silly.

So please forgive me if this is a silly question for your R.E.S.S. recording, but as I see that the star of your story, Shane is of the opposite gender from yourself.
So I ask what was the difficulties/experience like written about a character that is the opposite-gender from yourself?

I submit this question as for the past decade I have been in the process of written a Bio graphic novel that happens to star a character (female) that is the opposite gender of myself, the author (male).

Other then this question, all I have to say at the moment is I wish the best for your R.E.S.S recording, TheOracleDragon!

--

The nobility will rise again. Until that time, farewell!

June 27, 2014 at 9:49 PM Flag Quote & Reply

TheOracleDragon
Administrator

Thank you, Yuan, for asking me that and it's a really great question that will be needing answered! Never been asked that before so it's really interesting.

--

June 27, 2014 at 10:07 PM Flag Quote & Reply

TheOracleDragon
Administrator

I got 11 questions total, the 11th one was one I kinda went on a rant about since it talked about Mary Sues, I do handle it pretty well but it does make me upset when people call Shane a Sue, you'll find out more when the podcast for R.E.S.S. is done.

Anyone else have questions for me?

--

July 4, 2014 at 9:53 PM Flag Quote & Reply

NEMESIS

NEMESIS at June 26, 2014 at 5:41 PM

Did you take character traits from other Resident Evil protagonoists and maybe even from antagonists, or did you want to make Shane unlike any main character from the video games?

If I can ask another question I would like to know if you have already written the ending, and if you have known from the start what the final chapter would be, is it any different now to when you first wrote it in your head?

--

STAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRS

July 14, 2014 at 3:15 PM Flag Quote & Reply

TheOracleDragon
Administrator

Now that's a great question, thank you for that. Everyone can ask as many questions as they want. I need George to message me so I can send the recordings I already did. :)

--

July 17, 2014 at 11:58 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Yuan-The-11th

Are you still accepting questions for your R.E.S.S recording, TheOracleDragon?

At any rate I am definitely looking forward to hearing your answers to all these questions on your R.E.S.S. recording!

--

July 19, 2014 at 3:58 PM Flag Quote & Reply

TheOracleDragon
Administrator

I am still open for questions.

--

July 26, 2014 at 6:46 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Yuan-The-11th

In that case, when reading your first post, I noticed:

" I will bring light to the original story that made R.E.S.S. (of which I wrote before) and how it is now progressing into a great story that many fans adore because of the accuracy and no interference with the main plot of the series. "

Taking the highlighted part of this quote into consideration, I present another personal question of mine that I ask based on my own personal experience:

Regarding that fact that your story has no interference with the main plot of the series, what was the experience/difficulties like drawing a line in-between absolute faithfulness to the main RE plot & your own Artistic License?

For example, at any point did you have to drop some good ideas of yours out of fear that they may be a deviation/stretch too far for what is presented in the main RE plotline?

That is my 2nd question for your R.E.S.S recording.

--

July 26, 2014 at 10:44 PM Flag Quote & Reply

TheOracleDragon
Administrator

Thank you all for the questions, more will possibly be used for another interview if it comes down the road. Have more, please ask away. :)

July 29, 2014 at 11:46 AM Flag Quote & Reply

TheOracleDragon
Administrator

If you have anymore questions to ask of me about the story, feel free to ask, I'm still taking questions.

--

February 17, 2016 at 2:07 AM Flag Quote & Reply

WiskUK

TheOracleDragon at February 17, 2016 at 2:07 AM

If you have anymore questions to ask of me about the story, feel free to ask, I'm still taking questions.

Have you written many other fan-fictions, if so which series have you covered and does your style of writing have to differ between them, for example if they are different genres?

--

Take the Green Herb?

April 11, 2016 at 2:11 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.