CRIMSON HEAD ELDER

Survival Horror Community & Podcast

RESIDENTS FORUM

Forum Home > CLOCK TOWER MUSIC BOX > Resident Evil Music

Survivalist

Since I am not really artistic, and cannot really write stories either, I was thinking of how I could contribute creatively to this site. Below is a link to an interpretation of the wonderful Save Room theme from Resident Evil 2. I hope to do more. There are so many incredible pieces to choose from.

You need Adobe Flash Player to view this content.

June 22, 2014 at 9:50 PM Flag Quote & Reply

George Trevor
Site Owner

You tamper with, what for me is, the pinnicle of Resident Evil musical scores. The save room music from Remake & Resident Evil 3 I have said before are just melancholy survival horror heaven, on a par only with the save room scores from Resident Evil 2 & Code: Veronica. 

And you've tampered so well ! I must be your harshest critic, simply by virtue of your choice of work. I was impressed by it, and liked it so much, it deserved to be in, and has inspired a new section to our community Forum ~ Clock Tower Music Box, where residents of Crimson Head Elder can publish their own arrangements of Resident Evil musical scores.

Crimson Head Elder was built to host aspects & expressions of our series, not often, or at all found at other Resident Evil sites, yet worthy of inclusion due to the demand & interet for such a feature. Residents of CHE showcasing and reviewing the reworking, rearranging & re-imagining of their favourite Resident Evil musical score is just such a feature. Thank you Survivalist for inspiring our latest extension; CHE is a mansion designed by its residents.

--

Jessica... Lisa... Forgive me. May god justify my death in exchange for your safety.

June 23, 2014 at 12:55 PM Flag Quote & Reply

NEMESIS

I see hear what you did there. And I like it immensely. The changes only made it sound more creepy.

--

STAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRS

June 23, 2014 at 1:08 PM Flag Quote & Reply

USS Command
Oh wow, that was really good! You simply must do more!
--

"I'll take my Survival Horror like I take my men" - George Trevor, September 3, 2017 at 6:10 PM
"I am so in love with CHE I almost put my willy in the USB port." George Trevor, September 20, 2018 at 12:53 PM
“Great love springs from great knowledge of the beloved object and if you know it but a little, you will be able to love it only a little or not at all.” - Leonardo da Vinci

June 23, 2014 at 3:12 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Survivalist

Thanks for the kind comments, everyone.  I'm glad it hasn't been perceived as blasphemy. And I am sincerely honoured to have prompted the creation of a new extension to the already wonderfully-built CHE mansion. I enjoyed putting this together, and will certainly do more (George Trevor has left me little choice!) It would be great to hear REworkings by other CHE residents...

June 23, 2014 at 4:40 PM Flag Quote & Reply

George Trevor
Site Owner

Survivalist at June 23, 2014 at 4:40 PM

Thanks for the kind comments, everyone.  I'm glad it hasn't been perceived as blasphemy. And I am sincerely honoured to have prompted the creation of a new extension to the already wonderfully-built CHE mansion. I enjoyed putting this together, and will certainly do more (George Trevor has left me little choice!) It would be great to hear REworkings by other CHE residents...

Looks like we all may get to hear a REworking from one of our more famous residents ~

--

Jessica... Lisa... Forgive me. May god justify my death in exchange for your safety.

June 23, 2014 at 4:59 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Survivalist

WOW. I hope so.

June 23, 2014 at 5:32 PM Flag Quote & Reply

James Marcus

I have observed the common complaint doing the rounds on other sites that the RE community is not what it was these days. That's a debate for another thread but the residents in the CHE mansion are proving we're anything but dispassionate. In the space of one day a thread was created that in itself initiated a new forum section because it was so fresh and original, to which there has been interested responses from other residents, including the famous voice of Barry Burton voice actor Ed Smaron. That is why the infamous Dr Marcus choses to reside in the CHE mansion.

--

I will have my revenge on Umbrella!

June 23, 2014 at 6:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

USS Command

George Trevor at June 23, 2014 at 4:59 PM

Survivalist at June 23, 2014 at 4:40 PM

Looks like we all may get to hear a REworking from one of our more famous residents ~

OK, now that there, is some kind of awesome.
--

"I'll take my Survival Horror like I take my men" - George Trevor, September 3, 2017 at 6:10 PM
"I am so in love with CHE I almost put my willy in the USB port." George Trevor, September 20, 2018 at 12:53 PM
“Great love springs from great knowledge of the beloved object and if you know it but a little, you will be able to love it only a little or not at all.” - Leonardo da Vinci

June 24, 2014 at 1:00 AM Flag Quote & Reply

George Trevor
Site Owner

Two of my most favourite musical scores from the series are COLD WATER from Resident Evil Remake (Shusaku Uchiyama, Misao Senbongi, Makoto Tomozawa), and THE SUSPENDED DOLL from Resident Evil Code: Veronica (Takeshi Miura).

I have taken The Suspended Doll, added a 'Flanger' effect and then slowed the speed in time with Cold Water. Having already also added a 'Flanger' effect to Cold Water, I mixed the two tracks together at equal volume. I then added at three unequal intervals the sound of the original Resident Evil's wolves (from Outside The Mansion), which I had first altered with a repeating echo effect.

--

June 24, 2014 at 8:09 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Survivalist

I have always liked Cold Water, both for its economy, and just how "wet" it sounds. I like this experiment; particularly how the two themes recontextualise one another, ultimately creating a new piece of music. The compound effect, to my ears, is one of jarring disorientation. I would be very keen on hearing more, George Trevor.

June 24, 2014 at 5:41 PM Flag Quote & Reply

George Trevor
Site Owner

Survivalist at June 24, 2014 at 5:41 PM

I have always liked Cold Water, both for its economy, and just how "wet" it sounds. I like this experiment; particularly how the two themes recontextualise one another, ultimately creating a new piece of music. The compound effect, to my ears, is one of jarring disorientation. I would be very keen on hearing more, George Trevor.

Thank you Survivalist. That piece was the first time I have attempted anything musical, and I tried to use some of the basic sound editing features & effects I have picked up from the CHE interviews. I do feel that all the right ingrediants are in my new reworking, but it just sounds a bit too messy, and with more sound editing experiance I will be able to keep all those ingrediants whilst making them sound more in harmony, together in one neat fit.

--

June 24, 2014 at 8:25 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Albert Wesker 187

Wow! this was incredible I really loved the fact that you changed the tone, the original sounds creepy but with the way you changed it sounds hauntingly beautiful and I really loved a lot I agree you must make more of these; this littile piece was outstanding keep up the hauntingly beautiful artistic nature of your music and do not let anyone tell you otherwise

--

"The only thing that can defeat power is more power. That is the one constant in this universe. However, there is no point in power if it consumes itself. I will enlist the help of an old friend against our common foe; I will use one pawn to eliminate the other, and emerge with the spoils for myself... "

June 25, 2014 at 7:01 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Survivalist

June 27, 2014 at 7:15 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Survivalist

Based on one of my favourite themes from Resident Evil Zero:

June 29, 2014 at 10:59 AM Flag Quote & Reply

George Trevor
Site Owner

The above track 'Uneasiness' mixed by Survivalist is my favourite remix & reinterpretation so far posted in this thread. Extremely atmospheric, authentic Resident Evil creepyness, I think it would also work wonderfully in the Ashford's residence in Code: Veronica.

--

July 5, 2014 at 6:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

NEMESIS

Suvivalist I dont know what it is but your remix of the original RE save room music reminds me a bit of the track used for the RE4 save room, it has a similar feel to it. I liked this remix a lot, maybe a bit too similar to the original though, if that's not being too fussy? :P

--

STAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRS

June 26, 2015 at 2:17 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Survivalist

NEMESIS, it certainly is similar; that is very much the intention. Perhaps "remix" is not quite the right word. I will never alter the main theme of a Resident Evil piece. With "Peace Of Mind" I used the main arpeggiated melody wholesale, but tried to recontextualise it a little with a few layers of tremolo, that fade in. I hope the fact it is composed solely of guitar lends this version its own identity, too.

Peace Of Mind:

Rest:

June 28, 2015 at 12:27 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Survivalist

I have altered "Rest" slightly:

June 29, 2015 at 12:09 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Survivalist

Resident Evil Code: Veronica - Moment Of Relief (Save Room Theme)

July 1, 2015 at 6:35 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.