CRIMSON HEAD ELDER

Survival Horror Community & Podcast

RESIDENTS FORUM

Forum Home > BIRKIN'S LABORATORY > Importance of Code:Veronica

Xarls

Sometimes when I think about Resident Evil´s plot I realise how important Code Veronica was to it. Just to mention a few points:

- Wesker was brought back from the dead.

A VERY risky move in my oppinion, but a huge success, as Albert would go on to become the most iconic villain that ever appeared in a Resident Evil game.

- Chris and Claire were reunited.

And that prevented another loose end...Claire´s mission was to find her missing brother, and in the end they were reunited in an epic way, very well done in my opinion (Remember their reunion in the official manga? That wasn´t cool...)

- First fully intelligent B.O.W in the series.

Alexia could communicate, express feelings like hate, despair...We would fight fully intelligent B.O.Ws in future games like Salazar, Saddler, Wesker, Krauser or Simmons just to name a few.

- Use of knife.

Knives, althought still pretty inefficient, began to be more important. Attacking the zombie´s legs became kinda useful.

- The introduction of the T-Veronica virus.

Although in my opinion misused in future installments, as it had great potential. We would see that virus again in Darkside Chronicles (Operation Javier).

- First face to face between Wesker and Chris.

Wesker beat Chris up real bad (Although Chris managed to hit him with some pipes, damaging him pretty badly) and that led him to train and bulk up over the years.

Well, what do you think? Do you agree? Do you disagree and think I should just stay silent :P? I´m willing to see your opinions and additions.

--

The DEADPOOLEST Crimson Head Elder resident

May 17, 2014 at 7:15 AM Flag Quote & Reply

fletcherc

I liked Code Veronica for pretty much the same reasons. It's definitely an important game in the series, especially plotwise. I always wondered why they didn't reunite Chris and Claire in one of the main (numbered) games. Same with Wesker's return. 

I'd like to add one point to your examples, Xarls: CV also gave us a glimpse at HUNK's past and his "fond memories" of his time at the training facility on Rockfort. It didn't lead to much in the following games but at least it was one more piece of the puzzle.

I also enjoyed the closer look at the Ashford family we got in the game. I wish they would have done something similar for Spencer and his background in the other games.

By all means, always share your opinion with the community here. I'm sure our other residents will have something to add.

--

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
When you're good at something, never do it for free ...
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

May 17, 2014 at 3:32 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Xarls

I agree, it may not be numbered but is as important as any numbered Resident Evil in my oppinion. I wish Hunk would have had more character development after Code:Veronica, he has a strong fanbase and lots of potential either as a villain or as the lesser of two evils.

Also I didn´t notice until you mentioned it but we actually know pretty much nothing about Spencer...

Thanks for your feedback Fletcherc!!!!

May 17, 2014 at 3:39 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alan Wenpei Mao

Code Veronica set the tone for the future installments of Resident Evil. The boss battles were excellent and had a lot of differences between them. The environments were different and the change of locations help the improve the mood of the game. I would play a remake of the game using different game engine.

May 17, 2014 at 5:43 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Naveed

Chris's entry in Code Veronica is my favorite scene from the RE series and Wesker's return as well...

--
May 20, 2014 at 5:37 AM Flag Quote & Reply

George Trevor
Site Owner

I spent almost an hour replying to this thread, and then lost connection, so don't expect this second draft to be as detailed !

Reading through Xarls's post reminded me there are so many series defining events in Code: Veronica, more so than any other installment, and is one of many features that make the game in my opinion the most ambitious in the series.

- Wesker was brought back from the dead.

When I first watched Wesker's Report DVD all my initial excitement that there was this additional media covering Resident Evil drained quickly from my body as I listened to Wesker recount his ludicrous, crass resurrection. With all the other themes Code: Veronica had to offer - the sibling reunion, Ashford family history, a new virus - there was no need for this preposterous involvement of Wesker. This was the first of many to come Capcom decisions that have had such a detrimental effect on Resident Evil's integrity that it still resonates through the series today.

I would have preferred a grander representation of this scene, as an alternative to the ridiculous Wesker addition, as a final crechendo to kick-off the boss battle. I did not like the setting of their reunion, almost in a 'cupboard-under-the-stairs', and it felt almost understated.

QUOTE Xarls: (Remember their reunion in the official manga? That wasn´t cool...)

Do you mean the Hong Kong editions, Book #4 ? In their defence, the in-game narrative of this scene does not give the comic writers much to play with.

This is one of Code: Veronica's most contentious features, and many find the biology of her flaming transformation as ludicrous as Wesker's crass return. Birkin monster was too Frankenstein for me so I liked her apparent calm, cold intelligence. I loved the strong direction of the scene where she aloofly descends the main staircase (designed by George Trevor !).

You need Adobe Flash Player to view this content.

- Use of knife.

Now this IS hardcore ~ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmx9Tu5gBPY

One question that has always bugged me - Why didn’t Alexia incubate the virus for 15 years at a sub-zero temperature before injecting it ? She needed to become one with it, developing a symbiotic relationship otherwise she would have become like Steve upon infection. I also noted with interest the difference between Steve's mutation & Alexander's post mutation intelligence, evidenced by his independant thought process that allowed him to save Clare. But what to make of his reversion back to human form ? I have seen it argued in the Project Umbrella forum, that t-Alexia infected hosts with full adaption to the virus, such as Alexia, have the ability to revert to their human form at will, unless they mutate beyond a first mutation. Others that have not bonded to the virus such as Steve are only able to do so provided they go under an extreme mental abnormality. Personally I find there to be too many irregularities surrounding the biology of the t-Veronica virus for it to be the classic this game deserved.

- First face to face between Wesker and Chris.

Wonderful fan pandering, adored the mannar in which Chris gets his arse handed to him on a plate, but obviously should never have been possible, had the ridiculous, puerile resurrection not occurred. But it was great, and directed very well.

You can read my Code: Veronica play-through commentary here ~

http://www.crimson-head.com/apps/forums/topics/show/9294222-complete-series-playthrough?page=2

--

Jessica... Lisa... Forgive me. May god justify my death in exchange for your safety.

May 20, 2014 at 6:24 PM Flag Quote & Reply

George Trevor
Site Owner

QUOTE Xarls: (Remember their reunion in the official manga? That wasn´t cool...)

You need Adobe Flash Player to view this content.

--

Jessica... Lisa... Forgive me. May god justify my death in exchange for your safety.

May 21, 2014 at 1:57 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Xarls

@George Trevor No, not that reunion...I will try to find the comic. Many years ago there were a series of "official" Resident Evil comics that became not so official when those messed with the canon a lot. If I remember properly Chris jumped out of a window and outside he saw Claire and Leon, the dialogue was something really cheesy like "Hi Chris! nice to see you! Let´s take down Umbrella".

May 22, 2014 at 3:35 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Yuan-The-11th

Allow me to post my thoughts on this subject:

- (Albert) Wesker was brought back from the dead.

*I agree that this was a risky move & was pulled off relatively well, although like the webmaster GEORGE TREVOR, I too find it a little on the ludicrous side, I must also say that at this point in the video game franchise did not yet revolve around Albert Wesker, here in RECV he is still being employed by someone else, it was after RE4 that resident evil went from a plot-oriented series about Umbrella Corp./Umbrella Rival Company to a character-oriented series about (Albert) Wesker versus Chris.

* I feel that RECV did a reasonable job at portraying this reunion, although I must add that if I recall correctly, the whole Claire searching for her bother hype was not intended by CAPCOM & was the result of an employee adding dialogue without permission, thus the entire Chris/Claire arc was effectively fabricated than official.

* Beautiful plot point & one that makes Mistress Alexia a very memorable & frightening antagonist, also I feel her transformation is not over-the-top as it took her much research/resources & many years to attain such form unlike Bitores Mendez , Sir Ramon Salazar, Lord Osmund Saddler, Jack Krauser, Ricardo Irving who all got their powers instantly from a magic parasite that came outa nowhere.

- Use of knife.

* Very handy improvement of the knife, I don't know about the other residents here at CHE, but I frequently played the Battle Mode using just the knife against as many enemies as possible, very fun times. Any one here play (Albert) Wesker's battle mode and NOT get the Magnum? I had to fight Alexia Type 1 using just a knife & if I lost which I might add is very easy, then I would have to play the whole mode again, it took lots of practice but I am now able to fight Alexia Type 1 with only a knife now.

* The t-Veronica Virus is an very interesting virus in that it was created before the G-Virus or for that matter even before the t-Virus was mostly completed, a truly amazing accomplishment of the Ashford Clan, I agree that it is under-used.

- First face to face between (Albert) Wesker and Chris.

* (The first fight on Rockfort Island) was a very well done scene, however as mentioned above I believe that scenes such as this signed the end of the series as a plot-driven/orientated series about Umbrella Corp./Umbrella Rival Company into a character-driven/orientated series about (Albert) Wesker versus Chris.

I would also like to applaud the site webmaster GEORGE TREVOR for bravely posting the controversial opinion of finding Albert Wesker's resurrection ludicrous (which I mostly agree with).

Not to be outdone in posting controversial opinions, I shall post a mini topic-within-a-topic idea: The importance of Resident Evil CODE: Veronica X:

Were the added/altered scenes that CODE: Veronica X brought really all that good/necessary?

- Albert Wesker greets Claire Redfield:

* Revels that Albert attacked Rockfort Island: something that the viewers already know/will soon know thanks to RECV Albert meets Chris scene.

* Albert beats up Claire: does not change Claire's actions later in-game, seems like this scene was added just to make Albert bad-ass.

- Albert Wesker fights Mistress Alexia:

* Albert lasts slightly longer against Alexia Type 1 then in RECV before cowardly running away from her again.

* I feel that this scene was altered just to add more Chris/Albert drama, did not make Albert appear any stronger as he failed to harm Alexia Type 1.

-Albert Wesker fights Chris Redfield.

* Albert teases Claire (& the viewers) that Steve Burnside could be brought back to life, then the series abandons this plot as abruptly as it started it!

* While I believe that this scene was well done, it also marked the jump into over-the-top drama as the base started self-destructing before the fight even started!

So in a nut-shell I believe that the additions of RECVX where not necessary & actually harmful to RECV & the video game franchise as a whole, as controversial as this may be, I actually wish that RECV & NOT RECVX was the version to an official part of the timeline.

I am very curious as to the thoughts of other residents on this subject.

Forgive me for my very long post but Resident Evil CODE: Veronica is a much cherished game to me & that I am a passionate fan of.

--

The nobility will rise again. Until that time, farewell!

May 27, 2014 at 3:57 PM Flag Quote & Reply

George Trevor
Site Owner

Xarls at May 22, 2014 at 3:35 AM

@George Trevor No, not that reunion...I will try to find the comic. Many years ago there were a series of "official" Resident Evil comics that became not so official when those messed with the canon a lot. If I remember properly Chris jumped out of a window and outside he saw Claire and Leon, the dialogue was something really cheesy like "Hi Chris! nice to see you! Let´s take down Umbrella".

I think I know the ones you mean. William Birkin is a legendary collector of these and I'll ask him to clarify if these are the CV comics you refer to...

--

May 27, 2014 at 5:36 PM Flag Quote & Reply

USS Command
Administrator

I know what your talking about it was one of the wildstorm comics, more specificly "The Official Comic Magazine". I thank it takes places after the airplane one Dead Air. Anyway i cant remember its name but from what I do remember it wasn't about code Veronica I think came out before it did.

EDIT: ok I went threw the comics on my pc and found the RE ones this is it, right? If not then I have no clue what your talking about.

--

"I'll take my Survival Horror like I take my men" - George Trevor, September 3, 2017 at 6:10 PM
"I am so in love with CHE I almost put my willy in the USB port." George Trevor, September 20, 2018 at 12:53 PM
“Great love springs from great knowledge of the beloved object and if you know it but a little, you will be able to love it only a little or not at all.” - Leonardo da Vinci

May 27, 2014 at 8:23 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Xarls

Exactly! 10 points for you! I´m glad Code Veronica changed that...there were some really nice comics (Like the one about the couple in the island) but I hated that reunion.

--

May 28, 2014 at 5:24 AM Flag Quote & Reply

USS Command
Administrator
BTW if you want to read/reread those comic I have em all I could send them to you or anyone who wants em
--

"I'll take my Survival Horror like I take my men" - George Trevor, September 3, 2017 at 6:10 PM
"I am so in love with CHE I almost put my willy in the USB port." George Trevor, September 20, 2018 at 12:53 PM
“Great love springs from great knowledge of the beloved object and if you know it but a little, you will be able to love it only a little or not at all.” - Leonardo da Vinci

May 28, 2014 at 9:13 AM Flag Quote & Reply

James Marcus

Yuan-The-11th at May 27, 2014 at 3:57 PM

Allow me to post my thoughts on this subject:

- (Albert) Wesker was brought back from the dead.

*I agree that this was a risky move & was pulled off relatively well, although like the webmaster GEORGE TREVOR, I too find it a little on the ludicrous side, I must also say that at this point in the video game franchise did not yet revolve around Albert Wesker, here in RECV he is still being employed by someone else, it was after RE4 that resident evil went from a plot-oriented series about Umbrella Corp./Umbrella Rival Company to a character-oriented series about (Albert) Wesker versus Chris.

* I feel that RECV did a reasonable job at portraying this reunion, although I must add that if I recall correctly, the whole Claire searching for her bother hype was not intended by CAPCOM & was the result of an employee adding dialogue without permission, thus the entire Chris/Claire arc was effectively fabricated than official.

* Beautiful plot point & one that makes Mistress Alexia a very memorable & frightening antagonist, also I feel her transformation is not over-the-top as it took her much research/resources & many years to attain such form unlike Bitores Mendez , Sir Ramon Salazar, Lord Osmund Saddler, Jack Krauser, Ricardo Irving who all got their powers instantly from a magic parasite that came outa nowhere.

- Use of knife.

* Very handy improvement of the knife, I don't know about the other residents here at CHE, but I frequently played the Battle Mode using just the knife against as many enemies as possible, very fun times. Any one here play (Albert) Wesker's battle mode and NOT get the Magnum? I had to fight Alexia Type 1 using just a knife & if I lost which I might add is very easy, then I would have to play the whole mode again, it took lots of practice but I am now able to fight Alexia Type 1 with only a knife now.

* The t-Veronica Virus is an very interesting virus in that it was created before the G-Virus or for that matter even before the t-Virus was mostly completed, a truly amazing accomplishment of the Ashford Clan, I agree that it is under-used.

* (The first fight on Rockfort Island) was a very well done scene, however as mentioned above I believe that scenes such as this signed the end of the series as a plot-driven/orientated series about Umbrella Corp./Umbrella Rival Company into a character-driven/orientated series about (Albert) Wesker versus Chris.

I would also like to applaud the site webmaster GEORGE TREVOR for bravely posting the controversial opinion of finding Albert Wesker's resurrection ludicrous (which I mostly agree with).

Not to be outdone in posting controversial opinions, I shall post a mini topic-within-a-topic idea: The importance of Resident Evil CODE: Veronica X:

Were the added/altered scenes that CODE: Veronica X brought really all that good/necessary?

- Albert Wesker greets Claire Redfield:

* Revels that Albert attacked Rockfort Island: something that the viewers already know/will soon know thanks to RECV Albert meets Chris scene.

* Albert beats up Claire: does not change Claire's actions later in-game, seems like this scene was added just to make Albert bad-ass.

- Albert Wesker fights Mistress Alexia:

* Albert lasts slightly longer against Alexia Type 1 then in RECV before cowardly running away from her again.

* I feel that this scene was altered just to add more Chris/Albert drama, did not make Albert appear any stronger as he failed to harm Alexia Type 1.

-Albert Wesker fights Chris Redfield.

* Albert teases Claire (& the viewers) that Steve Burnside could be brought back to life, then the series abandons this plot as abruptly as it started it!

* While I believe that this scene was well done, it also marked the jump into over-the-top drama as the base started self-destructing before the fight even started!

So in a nut-shell I believe that the additions of RECVX where not necessary & actually harmful to RECV & the video game franchise as a whole, as controversial as this may be, I actually wish that RECV & NOT RECVX was the version to an official part of the timeline.

I am very curious as to the thoughts of other residents on this subject.

Forgive me for my very long post but Resident Evil CODE: Veronica is a much cherished game to me & that I am a passionate fan of.

(Albert) Wesker was brought back from the dead.

Best thing Capcom could have done at this point in the sereis. Don't care how ridiculous Mr Trevor and others think it was, Capcom had very little choice as the series was already feeling stale from a slow, gradual decline after Resident Evil 2. The spectacular return of the iconic antagonist Wesker saved the series and lead the way for Resident Evil 4 to be a worthwhile release.

QUOTE Yuan-The-11th : " - Chris and Claire were reunited ...if I recall correctly, the whole Claire searching for her bother hype was not intended by CAPCOM & was the result of an employee adding dialogue without permission, thus the entire Chris/Claire arc was effectively fabricated than official."

Are you referring to the information below, I remember reading in GEORGE TREVOR's biohazard 3.5 article :

In 2001, Hideki Kamiya, the director of BIOHAZARD 2, wrote about this, in his column on the official Devil May Cry website, in the storyboard section ~

「バ イオ2」のエンディングでもそうですが、続きを思わせるような、さりげない余韻を残すのが僕は好きなんです。「ダンテとトリッシュ、二人でデビルハンター を続けてるみたいだけど、敵は誰なの? 二人の関係は?」なんて、いろいろ想像できて楽しいじゃないですか。でもバイオ2の時は、シナリオにないセリフをレコーディング現場で勝手に足して、クレ アは兄を探しに、レオンはアンブレラをぶっ潰しに行く事にしてしまったので、その後の「CODE:ベロニカ」のシナリオにも影響を及ぼし、フラグシップの 杉村先生にこっぴどく叱られました…。

"Although this was the ending of BIOHAZARD 2, I like to leave that casual lingering memory which is suggestive of continuation. It seems that devil hunting goes on with two people - Dante & Trish - but who is the enemy? What's their relationship? It would be more fun having to imagine various things, yeah? But since that dialogue didn't exist in the scenario, I added it during the recording session for BIOHAZARD 2 without permission, and I had Leon decide to crush Umbrella and Claire search for her brother, so it also affected the scenario of CODE:Veronica later on, and Mr. Sugimura of Flagship scolded me very harshly..."

DEVIL MAY CRY STORYBOARD LINK

Everything that Alexia did after the scene with her brother dying at her feet I detested. Hated it I say! This was when Resident Evil strayed too far into fantasy warcraft.

- Use of knife.

Why bring a knife to a gun fight ? I have never liked the inclusion of the knife in any of the games.

QUOTE Yuan-The-11th : " - The introduction of the T-Veronica virus.
* The t-Veronica Virus is an very interesting virus in that it was created before the G-Virus or for that matter even before the t-Virus was mostly completed, a truly amazing accomplishment of the Ashford Clan, I agree that it is under-used."

t-Veronica was created before the G virus!? I thought it came after!

I completely agree with Yuan-The-11th and this is still one of my favourite scenes in Resident Evil's history.

QUOTE Yuan-The-11th : "Were the added/altered scenes that CODE: Veronica X brought really all that good/necessary?"

I cannot understand why anyone would want these scenes dumped from the game. Wesker discovers that his nemesis is very likely on his way to the island, we get to see the depravity this twisted Wesker has sunk to as he beats up a woman, making him far more violent than in Resient Evil 1 and this is important for the character development to get us to the meglamaniac of Resident Evil 5, and the lost opportunity that saw an underwhelming confrontation between Wesker & Alexia in CV was properly rectified.

--

I will have my revenge on Umbrella!

May 29, 2014 at 4:16 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Yuan-The-11th

@ James Marcus

First of all, thank you for replaying to my message, secondly:

"Are you referring to the information below, I remember reading in GEORGE TREVOR's biohazard 3.5 article :"

Yes that is the info I am talking about, however I seem to recall reading at least some of that info even earlier at Project Umbrella.

"t-Veronica was created before the G virus!? I thought it came after!"

Mistress Alexia created t-Veronica before December 1983, Dr. William Birkin had completed work G-Virus by September 1998.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lastly two things I would like to say for the record:

* I am not against the return of Albert Wesker & actually enjoyed his storyline ~ RE1-RECV, it is him becoming... what is the word for it? I think "Black Hole Sue" is the slang word that people would use, the entire series is forced to revolve around him between RECVX-RE4 to such a point that a entire 30+ year old corporation/storyline is abandoned simply to boost his ego, I personally believe that Albert could never replace Umbrella all on his own.

* I actually think the scenes in CVX are really good, however I feel they signalled the end of an era, the era of coherent plot-driven/oriented storytelling in Biohazard/Resident Evil, the end of antagonists being mentioned & built up early in-game files such as Madame Christine Henri & Sir Alfred Ashford in RE2 before meeting their end in climaxes Ada the Spy Lives/ RECV.

Instead later games would simply create disposable villains one after another who are built up in repeated Dei-Hard inspired action scenes and whose only reason for existing is to get super powers have action scenes and then die and never be mentioned again. ever.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

End Notes

I heavily enjoy the gameplay & cinematic scenes of recent Biohazard/Resident Evil games, however I find the stories to have an ugly combination of over-the-top storytelling escalation that also happen to be very generic & uninspired.

--

May 29, 2014 at 5:13 PM Flag Quote & Reply

George Trevor
Site Owner

USS Command at May 27, 2014 at 8:23 PM

I know what your talking about it was one of the wildstorm comics, more specificly "The Official Comic Magazine". I thank it takes places after the airplane one Dead Air. Anyway i cant remember its name but from what I do remember it wasn't about code Veronica I think came out before it did.

EDIT: ok I went threw the comics on my pc and found the RE ones this is it, right? If not then I have no clue what your talking about.

Those comics were available as single issues, of which there are five, and the conclusion of 'Dead Air' is in edition #5, but there is no Code: Veronica story in any of these 5 issues. These comics were also published together in one graphic novel from Wildstorm entitled 'Resident Evil Collection One', in 1998/99. This was also re-released in 2009 as an additional section at the back of the graphic novel 'Resident Evil Fire & Ice', which itself was a re-publication of the seperate 4 issue mini-series, Fire & Ice comics.

The only comic rendition of Code: Veronica I know of, is the 4 issue graphic novels from Hong Kong. But there may also be other Chinese comics depicting events from Code: Veronica... the man to ask is William Birkin.

--

May 29, 2014 at 6:31 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Xarls

Wow...what a nice debate. I really agree with Yuan in the sense that Steve´s "resurrection" was a plot discarded as soon as it was started, however I would like to add a question.

More resurrections would have ruined the serie´s focus?

I mean, if people come back from the dead as regularly as in Supernatural (A TV series I REALLY love) future deaths (Like Piers) wouldn´t have had such an impact. In my opinion characters should stay dead...One exception like Wesker is ok, but more aren´t  as they would ruin the "realistic" focus of the serires, so that  Steve´s resurrection plot shouldn´t have been started if you ask me.

--

May 30, 2014 at 7:41 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Yuan-The-11th

Xarls at May 30, 2014 at 7:41 AM

Wow...what a nice debate. I really agree with Yuan in the sense that Steve´s "resurrection" was a plot discarded as soon as it was started, however I would like to add a question.

More resurrections would have ruined the serie´s focus?

I mean, if people come back from the dead as regularly as in Supernatural (A TV series I REALLY love) future deaths (Like Piers) wouldn´t have had such an impact. In my opinion characters should stay dead...One exception like Wesker is ok, but more aren´t  as they would ruin the "realistic" focus of the serires, so that  Steve´s resurrection plot shouldn´t have been started if you ask me.

Hi Xarls

About Albert Wesker:

Now, I am not quite the authority on Biohazard as say NewsBot of Project Umbrella, but with that said I am almost certain that Albert Wesker was NOT killed in Biohazard 1 & then CAPCOM just went & said "lets bring Albert Wesker back!"

* In Biohazard 1, Jill (best?) ending Albert gets pistol whipped by Barry & attacked by Chimera just like Resident Evil 1, however in Resident Evil 1 checking his corps says something along the lines of "what a miserable way to die" but this is a translation error, in Biohazard 1 checking his corps says "he is Unconscious", thus there was 1 ending in Biohazard 1 that Albert lives without need of a magic virus.

* In Biohazard 1.5 (Biohazard 2 beta/prototype) there is concept artwork of a creature, this creature was eventfully replaced by G-4 (I think), but what makes the concept artwork REALLY interesting is that it shows a human man absorbed by the creature & a note next to this concept art says "Wesker" which to me looks like Albert was going to return in Bio2 (as a human/with no super powers?) only to be consumed/eaten by this creature.

With those two notes in mind it looks like Albert Wesker was not killed off in Biohazard 1, since he was already written as alive, RECV did not actually resurrect him out of the blue, instead RECV simply revealed his status publicly while also giving him super powers from a magic virus.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

About ressurrections:

"More resurrections would have ruined the serie´s focus?"

I would like to say that I am not against characters returning from apparent death IF it was always planned for the character to come back to life BUT if CAPCOM decides to kill off of a character then later decides to bring said character back, I feel it destroys the impact of not only the characters death but even lessens the impact of later characters deaths.

--

May 30, 2014 at 8:19 AM Flag Quote & Reply

USS Command
Administrator
@Yuan-The-11th I remember a post about Wesker being unconscious but I didn't know about the 1.5 that's really interesting.
--

May 30, 2014 at 11:44 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Xarls

USS Command at May 30, 2014 at 11:44 AM

@Yuan-The-11th I remember a post about Wesker being unconscious but I didn't know about the 1.5 that's really interesting.

Indeed...Yuan, Do you remember where you read that? sounds VERY interesting

--

May 30, 2014 at 1:37 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.