CRIMSON HEAD ELDER

Survival Horror Community & Podcast

RESIDENTS FORUM

Forum Home > BIRKIN'S LABORATORY > What If? Albert Wesker

Xarls

Full credit for this volume goes to Yuan-The-11th, who came up with the whole idea for this scenario and has some more in store for future volumes.

Albert Wesker...reborn with superhuman strenght, agility and stamina, but what if he never got those superpowers?

According to William Birkin´s "Memo Report" 20% of the subjects were resurrected without any enhancement, so let´s suppose Wesker came back to life but just normal... Would have he survived his encounters with Chris? Died because of an illness? Decided to retire and live a peaceful life? It´s up to you now... What if Wesker never woke up with his superpowers?

--

The DEADPOOLEST Crimson Head Elder resident

May 7, 2014 at 2:04 PM Flag Quote & Reply

fletcherc

Interesting one. I'd say it would have been reasonable for him to try and drop out of the game while he still can. Or if he stayed with it he'd gone into hiding and start operating from the shadows (basically like he did in 4). But wasn't he also infected with the T-virus from the Tyrant? No superpowers would have surely meant that he'd turn into a zombie sooner or later. But let just ignore the T-virus for now. I doubt that he would have just packed his bags and left town to start a new life somewhere else. He would have still tried to rise to power somehow even if he would have to avoid direct conflict. Oh and I believe he would still mop the floor with Chris' face, superpowers or not.

--

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
When you're good at something, never do it for free ...
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

May 7, 2014 at 2:57 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Yuan-The-11th

I am happy to see a veteran fan such as fletcherc post in this topic, if we are lucky perhaps other lurkers will post too.

*As for the Tyrant (T-002) I can not recall the source at this moment but it is said that the t-Virus loses infection ability over time hence why Rebecca, Jill, Chris, ect. do not get infected in spite of making contact with Eliminators, Zombies ect., with all this in mind I think it is safe to say B.O.W.s such as Tyrants can not infect.

* I also I agree that Albert Wesker could still beat up Chris without superpowers if anything having superpowers made him content, I am of course talking about the Rocktfort Island Incident, Lost In Nightmares is a different story as it looks like in addition to gaining winkles over the years he also lost some muscle.

Cant wait to hear more peoples ideas still.

Powerless Albert Wesker ~ By Yuan-The-11th

- Mansion Incident:(

Step 1:(

The Tyrant awakened, Albert Wesker...

A. commands the ultimate life-form to destroy R.P.D. S.T.A.R.S unit.

* Tyrant succeeds but not before skewering Albert.

* Fortunately for him, the virus Dr. Birkin provided saves his life but...

* Unfortunately for him, he is revived without any super powers!

OR

B. runs away to set the self-destruct of the Arklay Research Institute.

* Albert succeeds but RPD STARS unit escapes anyway.

* In addition, Albert gets attacked by a Chimera...

* knocked out & injured he wakes up & barley escapes.

Step 2

With very little time left Albert...

A. spares no time & retrieves t-Virus research data.

* He succeeds in doing this before Col. Sergei can revoke his clearance.

* The t-Virus research data is brought to The 3rd Organization.

* As a result, Albert is promoted to a leadership position.

OR

B. high tales it outta the Arklay Research Institute.

* He succeeds but t-Virus research is taking by Col. Sergei.

* Embryos of B.O.W's & infected are brought to 3rd Organization.

* As a result, Albert is giving a meager supervisory position.

- Raccoon City Incident:

Step 1
Leadership position or not Albert...

A. Attempts to rescue Dr. William Birkin.

* His leadership position allows him to act in his rescue attempt.

* as a result, he beats U.S.S Special Commando unit to Dr. Birkin.

* Dr. Birkin & his G-Virus research is welcomed by The 3rd Org.

OR

B. fails to rescue Dr. Birkin.

* "A dead man", Albert is forced to remain in the shadows.

* As a result, U.S.S Special Commando unit kill Dr. Birkin.

* However, the industrial spy Ada acquires G-Tissue sample.

Step 2
Thirsty for more samples Albert...

A. Dr. Birkin tells him about U.M.F-013.

* Albert teams up with to Ada fight Col. Sergei & HUNK

* With Col. Sergei & HUNK dead, Albert steals U.M.F-013

* Having lost U.M.F-013, Umbrella Corp. loses all lawsuits early.

OR

B. Albert finds out about a next generation B.O.W named Golgotha...

* Intrigued he searches the Underground Research Institute.

* Finding it he attempts to have it packed however it awakes...

* Without superpowers, Albert is absorbed/consumed by Golgotha.

I thank all who take the time to read my theories.

--

The nobility will rise again. Until that time, farewell!

May 7, 2014 at 9:33 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Xarls

wow...best reply on the What ifs short story, thanks Yuan :)

Using beta material and speculation, different outcomes was great.

--

The DEADPOOLEST Crimson Head Elder resident

June 4, 2014 at 6:02 AM Flag Quote & Reply

NEMESIS

Wesker is a psychopath and would have pursued his egotistical power drive no matter what he say as his own physical limitations. Because he is one of the 13 Wesker Children, he would have many mental and physical advantages before the Tyrant attack.

--

STAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRS

June 8, 2014 at 8:06 AM Flag Quote & Reply

George Trevor
Site Owner

I found Albert Wesker to be at his most intelligent & controlled pre-Tyrant skewering (that may not be a word!), and his world seemed to unravel after the mansion incident. After that day I found him emotionally out of control, and far from the cool, calm, fiercely contolled antagonist he was first portrayed as.

Those Tyrant administered powers actually enalved Wesker. It was his fatal reliance on the Progenitor-based serum PG67A/W that proved his downfall in Resident Evil 5. This need to keep that viral soup coursing through his veins in check, made Wesker as much a slave to a virus, as Jill was to the chemical P30.

NEMESIS made the point I was also going to bring up, that he was born to intellectually superior parents and his physical & mental improvement as a subject of the Wesker Children program would have imbued him with far more stable set of skills than those any virus could provide him with. I can still remember my utter disbeleif at this choice of narrative when I first watched Wesker's Report, depsite my joy at his Code: Veronica return, because it was just so preposterous, the integrity of the sereis took a mortal blow.  And that was before I even knew of his additonal significant mental & phyical superiority gifted by the Weker Children program.

--

Jessica... Lisa... Forgive me. May god justify my death in exchange for your safety.

June 8, 2014 at 8:28 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Yuan-The-11th

@ GEORGE TREVOR

"I found Albert Wesker to be at his most intelligent & controlled pre-Tyrant skewering (that may not be a word!), and his world seemed to unravel after the mansion incident. After that day I found him emotionally out of control, and far from the cool, calm, fiercely contolled antagonist he was first portrayed as."

Oh my goodness I agree with this post so much! When my roommate saw your post they actually assumed that it was one of my posts!

I have a theory that the virus Albert Wesker was injected caused him to undergo emotional changes in his body not unlike that of a Tyrant: extreme primitive rage & that there was a never ending struggle between Albert Wesker's cool composed nature & the extreme primitive rage of a Tyrant.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Keen viewers may have realized that my short-story of theories actually had to versions of Albert Wesker:

RE1 (PS1) Information officer/intelligence agent Albert Wesker.

RE1 (cube) ungodly god of all gods absolute ambition neo-human.

The PS1 Albert Wesker does his best but just can not get a break: pistol whipped, gets his hair messed up by a Chimera, security clearance revoked by A.I. Red Queen, data stolen by Col. Sergei, fails to rescue William & finely meets a miserable end at the hands of Golgotha.

The cube Albert Wesker uses superior kun-Fu to kick Jill Valentine, gets skewered by a Tyrant only to live due to "superior D.N.A!", uses superior intellect to out hack A.I. Red Queen, recovers t-Virus research before Col. Sergei can even come up with the idea, beats USS to William, uses his arsenal of advantages to kill Col. Sergei & Hunk and then brings down Umbrella Corp.

Needless to say, I prefer (ps1) Albert Wesker as he was a relatively normal person trying to stay cool & make the most of a very unusual circumstances.

However I came up with two scenarios to appease both camps of Albert Wesker fans, personally I always go with Golgotha consuming him but a showdown between Albert Wesker & Ada against Col. Sergei & HUNK makes for an interesting fight too.

--

June 8, 2014 at 8:39 PM Flag Quote & Reply

James Marcus

Quote Yuan-The-11th "I have a theory that the virus Albert Wesker was injected caused him to undergo emotional changes in his body not unlike that of a Tyrant: extreme primitive rage & that there was a never ending struggle between Albert Wesker's cool composed nature & the extreme primitive rage of a Tyrant."

That is a very astute observation and idea. I have not seen this suggested anywhere on other forums which is odd because it's a simple, logical conclusion, but one that I totally see as smart & probable.

--

I will have my revenge on Umbrella!

June 10, 2014 at 4:54 PM Flag Quote & Reply

BSAArklay
Administrator

He wouldn't have made it out of Code Veronica thats for sure.

He wouldnt have survived being crushed by those pipes even if he got that far. Alexia would have kicked his ass.....even worse than she did.

--

"I've had enough of your bullshit! Your just another one of Umbrella's leftovers"

June 18, 2014 at 6:29 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Yuan-The-11th

@ James Marcus

Thank you for seeing my theory regarding Albert Wesker's mentality as smart & probable, I have had that theory for several years now.

@ CRIMSON HEAD ELDER

I agree, Albert Wesker most likely would have kicked the bucket during his fight against Mistress Alexia.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now it has been a while since I have read the delightful Resident Evil CODE: Veronica graphic novel but if I recall correctly Albert Wesker possibly gets killed by Alexia type 1 as at the very least after the fight, he shown on the ground, not moving.

Personally, I would have liked it if there was an alternate scene in RECV where Alexia type 1 does kill Albert Wesker, not unlike how Sgt. Nicolai can get killed in RE3.

--

June 20, 2014 at 11:02 AM Flag Quote & Reply

George Trevor
Site Owner

BSAArklay at June 18, 2014 at 6:29 PM

He wouldn't have made it out of Code Veronica thats for sure.

He wouldnt have survived being crushed by those pipes even if he got that far. Alexia would have kicked his ass.....even worse than she did.

That was a face-off that was a rare low point for me during Code: Veronica X, one of my favourite games in the series, but this battle should have been even more intense than the Chris v Wesker end battle, which was directed very well. Aside from that Matrix wall-walk rip-off, which I thought was beyone cheese, nothing of note happens, it was a lost opportunity.

--

Jessica... Lisa... Forgive me. May god justify my death in exchange for your safety.

June 22, 2014 at 6:35 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Yuan-The-11th

I agree that the alternate matrix-inspired RECVX Alexia type 1 versus Albert Wesker fell below the expectations set fourth by such quality game. Really I do not know exactly what Capcom was thinking for that scene as in spite of "Super Wesker's" efforts, the outcome is still exactly the same: Alexia type 1 is awesomely powerful & Albert Wesker runs away.

Also, I will not forgive RECVX for removing one of my favorite lines in the entire series: "Whoa, Such Power!"

--

June 22, 2014 at 1:34 PM Flag Quote & Reply

SkinniMini1

Had he had no superpowers, I definitely think Alexia would have killed him during their encounter in CV. Thus Spencer would most likely still be alive and most likely causing more trouble and Sherry probably wouldnt have been kept by the gov't as long because didn't they only keep her "locked away" until Wesker's death? Those are just two things that would have been affected by Wesker's earlier death. 

June 25, 2014 at 1:29 PM Flag Quote & Reply

BSAArklay
Administrator

I believe that Code was out before Matrix so it wasnt inspirised by it. I remember the first time I saw it back when it was relased I actually thought it was pretty cool. Apart from that though yeah the fight was abit underwhelming. If it was done today it probably would be alot better (see the Chris and Jill Vs Wesker fight).

In Weskers defense he probably would know better than to face Alexia head to head without super powers, he was pretty good at avoiding confrontation see RE1. He managed to avoid a ton of zombies and BOW's. He did also take out Lisa Trevor and I think Lisa could pretty much kick anyones ass due to the fact that she cannot die.

--

"I've had enough of your bullshit! Your just another one of Umbrella's leftovers"

June 28, 2014 at 4:56 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.