CRIMSON HEAD ELDER

Survival Horror Community & Podcast

RESIDENTS FORUM

Forum Home > BIRKIN'S LABORATORY > What happened to Lanshiang?

Xarls

Researchers! Answer my urgent call, we have a situation to investigate! We all know Raccon City was destroyed with a nuke and Tall Oaks suffered the same fate, in both cases "The Family" pulled the strings in order to erase evidence (Please, correct me if I´m mistaken). But...What happened to Lanshiang? We don´t see it destroyed by the end of the game despite the zombie outbreak so..."Cleaned" by the BSAA? Destroyed by yet another nuke? The civilians fought off the BOW? Location for Disneyland Lanshiang?

My theory: I´ll go with the classic nuke...and we will see it destroyed in Resident Evil Outbreak: File Lanshiang (Dreaming...)

--

The DEADPOOLEST Crimson Head Elder resident

April 17, 2014 at 5:17 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Alan Wenpei Mao

I think that by now after so many incidents that the BSAA will have a different approach by now. Unless they have a lot of nukes on hand just to "clean" incident sites.:D

In Umbrella Chronicles, at the end of the game, there were soldiers with flamethowers burning away Ivy BOW remains. This proves that clean ups are happening at sites.

My theory is napalm blanketing the streets or HAZMAT guys with flamethrowers running around. The normal thing that I think would work is quarantine the entire city and clean up everyone manually.

I can see the potential for a game here as well. Resident Evil: HAZMAT Operations.

April 17, 2014 at 9:21 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Xarls

Yeah, you are fight. However, I doubt Chris´and Jill´s underground organisation had a nuke so they had to use flamethrowers to dispose of the remaining BOWS.

In such a big city like Lanshiang with so much buildings to clear...I think it´s very risky to clean using flamethrowers, besides, the BSAA has lost 2 full teams (Alpha, excep Chris and Echo) and Bravo, Charlie and Delta will surely have lots of injured.

By the way, I must admit BSAA made GREAT cannon fodder in RE6, very corageus, capable and willing to sacrifice themselves for the innocents or other people (The guy who let´s himself be eaten so the rest can escape, The guy that tells you to get on the chopper and stays behind to cover you, Marco...).

April 18, 2014 at 5:01 AM Flag Quote & Reply

James Marcus

Alan Wenpei Mao at April 17, 2014 at 9:21 PM

I think that by now after so many incidents that the BSAA will have a different approach by now. Unless they have a lot of nukes on hand just to "clean" incident sites.:D

In Umbrella Chronicles, at the end of the game, there were soldiers with flamethowers burning away Ivy BOW remains. This proves that clean ups are happening at sites.

My theory is napalm blanketing the streets or HAZMAT guys with flamethrowers running around. The normal thing that I think would work is quarantine the entire city and clean up everyone manually.

I can see the potential for a game here as well. Resident Evil: HAZMAT Operations.

Haphazard admittedly, but Umbrella used their own UBCS as a HAZMAT team in the clean-up during events of Resident Evil 3. How tragic this role was so pathetically realised in Operation Raccoon City.

--

I will have my revenge on Umbrella!

April 19, 2014 at 2:21 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Yuan-The-11th

Xarls, you are spot on about the family using missiles to completely eradicate both Raccoon City and Tall Oaks, however their are a few things to take into consideration.

* The bad press from using atomic weaponry to destroy ones own city is overwhelming, in the case of Raccoon, the U.S. President was forced to resign & in the case of Tall Oaks, Derek Clifford Simmons had to make complete use of his position as head of The Family, Presidential Aid & Chief Security Advisor of D.S.O just to get clearance.

* B.S.A.A. is a civilian force with no atomic weaponry, they do however have Carpet Bombers, a holdover from F.B.C and it is implied that Carpet Bombers where used in Kijuju, in case anyone is wondering where I got this information, it is from a Biohazard 5 guide book kindly translated by Project Umbrella, here is the exact quote "This is beyond the BSAA's control. The chopper got destroyed, and Delta team was wiped out except for Josh Stone. When the HQ issues the order of retreat, it means the situation is so bad that they are to consider if carpet bombing the area is a solution. "

* Raccoon City & Tall Oaks are American city, Lanshian is Chinese, I sincerely doubt China would let U.S.A. nuke their city.

Taking these into consideration, I believe that Lanshian was most likely carpet bombed by the B.S.A.A. Alan made some good points.

April 19, 2014 at 2:49 PM Flag Quote & Reply

TheBatMan

Lanshiang was cleaned up with flamethrowers. The BSAA do carpet bomb infected zones, but not major cities for obvious reasons.

Only one district of Lanshiang (Tatchi) was actually infected with a virus. The rest was simply gang invasion via J'avo.

Its important to note that the sterilisation operations in both Raccoon City and Tall Oaks were not done to destroy the biohazards. 

In the case of Raccoon City it was bombed (with an experimental thermobaric bomb - not nuclear) purely to try and stop Umbrella getting their hands on the G-Virus. Evidently the US Government were unaware Hunk had already gotten out a day earlier.

Raccoon City was in the middle of nowhere in the desert. The chances of the t-Virus spreading further than the city was very slim. The town could have been salvaged if necessary. 

For Tall Oaks, yes in some ways it was to clear the biohazard but more importantly it was to cover up any evidence that could implicate The Family or Simmons.

And the person who made the decision to bomb both towns... Derek Simmons.

Basically it is not standard proceedure to bomb biohazard zones, that is done for far more nefarious reasons. 

April 19, 2014 at 4:30 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Yuan-The-11th

Hi TheBatMan, Well said! Thank you for explaining.

You said what I wanted to say & did a better job at saying it.

I have difficulty wording some things & while my knowledge of biohazard lore is okay, it is nowhere near you & Newsbot of PU.

And correct me if I am wrong, but after Chris & Piers rescued VIP's at the Ace of Spades, the B.S.A.A. was already in the process of cleaning up that district with flamethrowers where they not?

Also, the C-virus can only infect via direct injections & gas (not from bites & scratches) can it not?

If true that would mean after the C-virus gas at Tatchi dissipated, the risk of further biohazard would be relatively slim.

April 19, 2014 at 4:52 PM Flag Quote & Reply

TheBatMan

Yes, it seemed that once the BSAA secured a district of Lanshiang or one of the card references, the cleaners with flamethrowers were sent in to destroy the chrysallid eggs. 

In the case of the C-Virus infection method I am not so sure. Originally I believed the virus could not be transferred via a bite because of what happens to Ricky Towaza in Marhawa Desire. However, later in that same manga, Ray Tsu is bitten numerous times and reanimates as a zombie so it's inconclusive at the moment.

The BSAA would simply hit Tatchi by force and kill all of the zombies. This is what the marines did at Harvardville airport in 2005.

April 19, 2014 at 5:17 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Xarls

Good points, but I would like to add something to the mix.

As I understood from files and RE Revelations (I could be wrong), the BSAA is no longer a civilian organisation: I think now it is controlled by the UN and is financed by them, although I highly doubt they have nukes, and as you say guys China won´t like the idea of getting nuked and without Simmons the nuke bomb is less probable.

And yeah, Simmons was behind both bombings, that guy was way too dangerous, maybe with 1 or 2 games to develop him a bit more he would have been a great villain.

April 21, 2014 at 5:02 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Alan Wenpei Mao

Related to clean up, there is a scene in Resident Evil Revelations. In Terragrigia, the solar array was used by Lansdale to incinerate the city. Near the end of Resident Evil revelations, when Chris and Jill defeats the Malacoda, Chris radios HQ to request clean up. Using flamethrowers on that is unlikely, so I think they tow the whale to shore and then carpet bombed it. In Lanshiang, there were also BOWs in the water around the city, so I am thinking that they fish the BOWs out of the water and pile them up and ignite the remains.

There has to be a method that the BSAA uses to ensure complete clean up of infected sites. What if they missed something? Wouldn't be like the level on the beach in Resident Evil Revelations with those Globsters(Pink Snails)?

Simmons was turned into a BOW when a J'avo ran up to him and shot him in the back with syringe gun. Then Leon and Helena defeated him with Ada's help. He was set up by Carla using the J'avos. Maybe the remaining J'avos would launch a counter-offensive during the clean up. :)Maybe Simmons was involved with other incidents and would reappear in future Resident evil games.

--

April 27, 2014 at 4:42 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Hunter Alpha

In Umbrella Corps, the Wai Yip market is one of the biohazard zones where the mercenaries are sent. It's filled with zombies (C-zombies I assume). 

In RE6 the area was filled with Rasklapanje BOWs, and a bit further from it Leon and Helena got on top of a train that led them to Tatchi, where the missile with the C-virus detonated.

I would assume that the people that were escaping from Poisawan and Wai Yip, some of which probably had just crossed the bridge to Tatchi judging from the direction the refugees are advancing before the missile hits, had to head back in an attempt to escape form the C-virus gas, but ultimately ended up getting infected, spreading the C-virus beyond Tatchi and into other districts of Lanshiang.

September 14, 2016 at 10:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.