CRIMSON HEAD ELDER

Survival Horror Community & Podcast

RESIDENTS FORUM

Forum Home > THE RACCOON PRESS > RE7 News & Demo discussion

George Trevor
Site Owner

The Raccoon Press is open for Resident Evil 7 news & speculation discussion. Rumours of a June announcement during E3, for a release sometime in 2015, seeped into the community, {just as Crimson Head Elder was celebrating its 3rd Anniversary} on March 10th. Further speculation revolved around the suggestion that as a result of Capcom's continuing financial difficulties, Resident Evil 7 will be a one console exclusive, namely for the XBOX ONE. Residents are invited to add to the discussion below:

April 11, 2014 at 10:14 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Xarls

Well, to be honest I strongly doubt that it will be a one console exclusive, that article didn´t reveal any source or anything reliable. Besides, RE fans are already annoyed enough and a Xbox exclusive (Wich hardly sales in Asia) would be like shooting themselves in a foot, specially considering 32% of RE6 sales came from Asian markets...Besides, their last exclusives didn´t exactly go as planned: Neither remake or RE4 had great sales (Not sure about 0) so I think they´ll think twice before developing a console exclusive RE game.

I think RE7 will be announced by the end of this month, and I think it will feature new characters and a completly new plot, with maybe original RE character making cameo appearances or being playable for a short time (Like Ada or Sherry in RE2), the series really need to refresh and for it to happen new plots and characters are needed.

Well, let´s hope we have some news soon!!!

April 12, 2014 at 7:11 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Naveed

It will not be exclusive, that is not Capcom's style. It will be a multiplatform game...

April 21, 2014 at 6:21 PM Flag Quote & Reply

George Trevor
Site Owner

More rumours gathering pace, and mentioning as Naveed suggests, that Resident Evil 7 will also be developed for the PS4 and will be announced at this summer's E3 ~

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/04/19/rumor-resident-evil-7-for-ps4-to-be-announced-at-e3-probably-not-exclusive/

The lead here is the feature by Japanese newspaper Sankei Shimbun, reporting that Capcom will be revealing a 'major PlayStation 4 title' at this summer’s E3.

Original Japanese source ~

http://sankei.jp.msn.com/west/west_economy/news/140419/wec14041912000004-n3.htm

--

Jessica... Lisa... Forgive me. May god justify my death in exchange for your safety.

April 21, 2014 at 8:14 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Naveed

I always think how Resident Evil would be like if there were options to customize the game...like if we want to replay the game we could have option to increase or decrease quantity of enemies that are in game...or swap enemies locations...option to set kinds and number of weapons...ability to control ammo quantity...option to set number of puzzles on doors and puzzles having difficulty levels so we could use same puzzle again and again....and many other crazy things I think about.

April 23, 2014 at 7:58 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Jill Valentine

If RE7 will be at E3 this year, I'll be crossing my fingers that it's:

A.) Not a reboot.

B.) Doesn't star Jake Muller.

--

April 23, 2014 at 4:34 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Xarls

Jill Valentine at April 23, 2014 at 4:34 PM

A.) Not a reboot.

Please not Jake...he is an insult to Albert Wesker´s memory...

April 23, 2014 at 6:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

MIXED_HERB

Naveed I agree with those I've always wanted more of that.

~

I'm confused Jill. You don't want another REmake? Or am I not getting the whole 'reboot' term here since that term is about as obscure as survival horror at this point in time.

--

April 23, 2014 at 6:57 PM Flag Quote & Reply

George Trevor
Site Owner

Jill Valentine at April 23, 2014 at 4:34 PM

A.) Not a reboot.

I've always thought Jill Valentine spoke much sense. Totally agree, and would also add ~

C.) Re-introduces real-time files with expressive characters suffering terrible fates.

--

Jessica... Lisa... Forgive me. May god justify my death in exchange for your safety.

April 23, 2014 at 7:36 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Yuan-The-11th

I agree with Jill & George's points.

A.) Not a reboot
* RE7 should absolutely not be an reboot, I am not against a what-if series branching off from Resident Evil, but the main products should follow the narrative established in RE1, RE2, ect.

*Resident Evil is/was a series about survivor horror and I don't fell Jake is trying to survive so much as he is trying to make money beating up people & looking good doing it.
* I am starting to think that Jake Muller was made Albert Wesker's son purely because Capcom wanted a Wesker Child in the game but couldn't put Albert in since he is undeniably dead.
* If Capcom wanted a Wesker Child, why didn't they use Alex Wesker? Color me crazy, but I think Capcom has decided on making Alex Wesker female instead of male, and since they needed a male protagonist for RE6 they decided on making Jake Muller, Albert Wesker's son.

C.) Re-introduces real-time files with expressive characters suffering terrible fates.
* Yes please, how are we supposed to care about new organizations if their is little back story on them in-game?
* How are we supposed to know the horrors as experienced by common people without seeing(reading) it for ourselves.

April 23, 2014 at 8:34 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jill Valentine

MIXED_HERB at April 23, 2014 at 6:57 PM

Naveed I agree with those I've always wanted more of that.

~

I'm confused Jill. You don't want another REmake? Or am I not getting the whole 'reboot' term here since that term is about as obscure as survival horror at this point in time.

Basically. What I meant is that I don't want the series to "start over" without finishing its stories like:

1.) Ada and Leon's love story

2.) The FULL identity of Ada (her name, organization, etc.)

3.) Chris' character (even though his story should've ended in RE6 by having him retire or whatever.)

4.) Alex Wesker (Seriously. When is he going to show up?)

5.) And the new organization called "The Family".

There's just too many loose ends that need to be tied up really, and if Capcom decided to reboot for no reason, it would be a big mistake. Sure everyone would be happy with the return of Raccoon City, and the old school survival horror, but what about those who want to know how the story ends? RE6 would've been a perfect game to put a close on some of these characters, but of course Capcom had to mess it up :/ .

@George Trevor: Haha! xD But, I totally agree. I'll be totally peeved if this happens.

@Yuan: In regards to Jake, that's actually true. If I remember correctly, Capcom said in their "ending" interview that Jake was placed into the game because they wanted a "Wesker" icon. They thought about bringing back Albert, but after much deliberation, they decided against it.... Same with the idea of having billions of Ada clones.

--

April 23, 2014 at 10:43 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Xarls

To be honest I think the perfect Chris campaign ending would have been Chris dying to save piers.

Chris doesn´t have much left, after he killed Wesker there isn´t much to say about him, replacing him with the young Piers while he sacrified himself for him and the BSAA would have been the perfect ending for Chris in my oppinion, the ultimate sacrifice for a tired warrior who has seen enough fight and can finally rest...and it could help to "push" Jill too as she could be grieving his dead and show us a new, darker side of her.

After all that dialogue on the elevator I thought he was really going to die and Piers would be the next "top guy" in RE, he really looked promising.

Chris is my favourite RE character but I think that would have ended his story perfectly.

April 24, 2014 at 5:28 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Yuan-The-11th

I felt that Chris making the ultimate sacrifice and dying in RE6 would have been a good ending for him.

I did not bring this up earlier as I was aware that Chris is Xarls (and many others) favorite character.

I am very aware what I say next is subjective but right now I think Chris needs to make the ultimate sacrifice & thus the character (Chris) will finally be laid to rest and have peace.

If I had to draft a scenario right this moment, I think I would have Alex Wesker as the antagonist and she (I can dream) would kick some serious Jake Muller ass (forgive my language) then Chris would arrive just in time, tells Jake to run and then without regret Chris precedes to blow himself up along with a completely bewildered Alex Wesker...

With the death of Alex Wesker, the last descendant of Lord Ozwell E. Spencers Project W... the viral legacy behind Umbrella Pharmaceuticals sinister foundation perishes...

... Of course I would neither be surprised noir offended if my idea causes a great many face-palms amongst the fan community, but I personally think Chris taking Alex out with a bang that also cost Chris his very life would be a heart-felt and memorial conclusion to a story arc that started in the first installment, RE1.

April 24, 2014 at 9:33 AM Flag Quote & Reply

MIXED_HERB

Capcom lacks the courage to kill off characters.

Instead they write up a bunch of new ones. Or bring back imposters of old characters.

--

April 24, 2014 at 5:29 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Naveed

I want RE game main character to be alone most of the time... cutscenes should be minium...environment and rooms should tell the story.... Like when backtracking, the rooms should show changes like someone was murdered or signs of monsters...we find dead bodies with items or files...I want clips back but i don't want clips ammo to be same in every clip...clips should have a random amount of ammo...like for example while backtracking you come across a room and find a dead body with a machine gun in his hand in which clip has only 10 bullets or maybe less and most of the furniture of the room broken.. which will make you think what kind of monster killed this guy....

April 24, 2014 at 6:53 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jill Valentine

Xarls at April 24, 2014 at 5:28 AM

To be honest I think the perfect Chris campaign ending would have been Chris dying to save piers.

Chris doesn´t have much left, after he killed Wesker there isn´t much to say about him, replacing him with the young Piers while he sacrified himself for him and the BSAA would have been the perfect ending for Chris in my oppinion, the ultimate sacrifice for a tired warrior who has seen enough fight and can finally rest...and it could help to "push" Jill too as she could be grieving his dead and show us a new, darker side of her.

After all that dialogue on the elevator I thought he was really going to die and Piers would be the next "top guy" in RE, he really looked promising.

Chris is my favourite RE character but I think that would have ended his story perfectly.

I totally agree, but some people don't see it that way. He took down Umbrella, he helped establish the BSAA, he found his sister, he saved Jill, and he killed Wesker. What else is there? Take down Neo-Umbrella? Kill Alex? If that's the case, you might as well ditch Leon, Sherry and Ada, and just let Chris finish the story. RE6 would've been a perfect opportunity to end his character whether it'd be killing him off or just retirement. Why they didn't take that opportunity is something I'll never understand. Just like how I don't understand Haos sudden recovery after his fight with Chris/Piers? If he's featured in the next game with a new partner, I think I would be a bit pissed.

Speaking of, who do you all think will be the main characters for RE7?

--

April 25, 2014 at 9:12 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Xarls

I would like to see a Leon and Ada campaign (Similar to RE4) with small appearences of other characers so they can close the Leon-Ada story and prepare a reboot of the series, with the villain being the new leader of The Family: Alex Wesker, thus closing yet another story.

April 26, 2014 at 6:22 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Xarls

Yuan-The-11th at April 23, 2014 at 8:34 PM

I agree with Jill & George's points.

A.) Not a reboot
* RE7 should absolutely not be an reboot, I am not against a what-if series branching off from Resident Evil, but the main products should follow the narrative established in RE1, RE2, ect.

*Resident Evil is/was a series about survivor horror and I don't fell Jake is trying to survive so much as he is trying to make money beating up people & looking good doing it.
* I am starting to think that Jake Muller was made Albert Wesker's son purely because Capcom wanted a Wesker Child in the game but couldn't put Albert in since he is undeniably dead.
* If Capcom wanted a Wesker Child, why didn't they use Alex Wesker? Color me crazy, but I think Capcom has decided on making Alex Wesker female instead of male, and since they needed a male protagonist for RE6 they decided on making Jake Muller, Albert Wesker's son.

* Yes please, how are we supposed to care about new organizations if their is little back story on them in-game?
* How are we supposed to know the horrors as experienced by common people without seeing(reading) it for ourselves.

I would like to add:

D) Involves heavy exploration and efficiente ammo usage once again, I remember the satisfaction of finding bullets back in RE1, 2...

April 26, 2014 at 6:24 AM Flag Quote & Reply

James Marcus

MIXED_HERB at April 24, 2014 at 5:29 PM

Capcom lacks the courage to kill off characters.

Instead they write up a bunch of new ones. Or bring back imposters of old characters.

Yes I agree with this entirely. As far back as Resident Evil Zero I would have liked to have seen Billy die a (painful) death! Resident Evil 6 was the absolute height of this crime, with an unrecognisable Sherry and her cliched side-kick with his ludicrous soap opera back-story. My concern is that so much damage has been done to the series through a combination of inconsistent writers & developers (too many cooks syndrome) and messy, unfocused releases, that a reboot is the only thing left that can save our series now!

--

I will have my revenge on Umbrella!

April 26, 2014 at 11:50 AM Flag Quote & Reply

George Trevor
Site Owner

Naveed at April 24, 2014 at 6:53 PM

I want RE game main character to be alone most of the time... cutscenes should be minium...environment and rooms should tell the story.... Like when backtracking, the rooms should show changes like someone was murdered or signs of monsters...we find dead bodies with items or files...I want clips back but i don't want clips ammo to be same in every clip...clips should have a random amount of ammo...like for example while backtracking you come across a room and find a dead body with a machine gun in his hand in which clip has only 10 bullets or maybe less and most of the furniture of the room broken.. which will make you think what kind of monster killed this guy....

This depth of atmospheric story telling is exactly what has been missing since the GameCube releases of Resident Evil (Remake) and Resident Evil Zero. And I absolutely love Naveed's forward thinking suggestion that there be real-time changes upon your return back into certain rooms that crank up the atmosphere & the tension therein. One thing that made the GameCube remake of Resident Evil resonate so incredibly deeply within me was the characterful & peculiar items that were eccentrically scattered across rooms dripping with melancholic history & intrigue, making me wonder constanlty "What the f@@K happened here, to who did this happen, and was it as horrific as the evidence suggests!"

QUOTE Xarls : "D) Involves heavy exploration and efficiente ammo usage once again, I remember the satisfaction of finding bullets back in RE1, 2..."

I could not agree with this more; I've been banging on about this for years! The single most destructive thing Capcom did to Resident Evil's survival horror was to develop enemies dropping ammo upon death - so with a single blow all tension & desperate terror to avoid deadly pursuers had gone, replaced with a Call of Duty zeal to kill as many grunts as possible, which I find dull & boring. No longer would I experiance the exhilirating sanctuary of the Safe/Save room as I rush past that lurking zombie, no ammo to kill it, my health on danger, and with one mistake I'm dead - The door to my goal is just feet away, with its life saving sparse ammo clip so desperately rare - And now that I have it, the relief is short lived, a cold chill runs down my spine as I realise I only have one chance to kill the marauder still lurking on the other side of the door - If I go for it, and try to take him down, I better make it happen with the 6 bullets I'm only afforded, otherwise I'm doomed...

--

April 27, 2014 at 2:22 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.