CRIMSON HEAD ELDER

Survival Horror Community & Podcast

RESIDENTS FORUM

Forum Home > RESIDENTS CANVASS > Community Art Project : HUNTERS

Alan Wenpei Mao

I was working on my Hunter when I realized that there is no one reference for all of the Hunters in the series so far. So I am proposing a community art project on Hunters. Each member would work on one Hunter varient. I will be working on the Hunter Alpha unless someone else wants it.

Anyone who wants to be a part of this can just reply to this forum. Any other artist who wants to join can ask anyone who is part of the Crimson Head Elder community to put it up for them in this forum. When you guys finish your Hunter just post it here for critique.

We need a full front body profile and side body profile. The Hunters are going to be placed side by side for comparision in a line up.

Hope everybody that sees this signs up! Cheers! 8)

December 30, 2013 at 3:28 PM Flag Quote & Reply

George Trevor
Site Owner

This is a superb idea, for many from the Resident Evil fan art community to get involved. I'll move this topic to the Residents Canvass section of our Forum, where our many deviantART enthusiasts will see this. For my own part I would like to call shotgun on the Hunter Elite !

--

Jessica... Lisa... Forgive me. May god justify my death in exchange for your safety.

April 13, 2014 at 7:06 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Xarls

Well...I suck at fanart so I´ll leave that to the rest of you!

April 14, 2014 at 11:35 AM Flag Quote & Reply

George Trevor
Site Owner

Alan Wenpei Mao at December 30, 2013 at 3:28 PM

I was working on my Hunter when I realized that there is no one reference for all of the Hunters in the series so far. So I am proposing a community art project on Hunters. Each member would work on one Hunter varient. I will be working on the Hunter Alpha unless someone else wants it.

Anyone who wants to be a part of this can just reply to this forum. Any other artist who wants to join can ask anyone who is part of the Crimson Head Elder community to put it up for them in this forum. When you guys finish your Hunter just post it here for critique.

We need a full front body profile and side body profile. The Hunters are going to be placed side by side for comparision in a line up.

Hope everybody that sees this signs up! Cheers! 8)

I will make a feature of this for our next site news update.

April 14, 2014 at 8:04 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Yuan-The-11th

I have been drawing the Hunter species of biohazard for over a decade, I am partial to Hunters Beta, Gamma, II, Sweeper & R.

I am a decent mathematician which means I can draw any of those Hunters species I mentioned above to scale with each other.

I have complied a list of of Hunter species:

Hunter Alpha [claimed by Alan Wenpei Mao]

Tick

Hunter Beta

Hunter Gamma (aka "The Frogger")

Hunter II (aka "Revised")

Sweeper sub-species (I recall a boss variant in gun survivor 2)

Hunter R

Hunter Mu

Hunter Elite [claimed by GEORGE TREVOR]

Glimmer

Hunter Delta (can't remember if Delta had a unique appearance)

Farfarello

Am I missing any Hunter Species?

I will draw The Frogger if anyone else doesn't want it.

April 17, 2014 at 6:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

James Marcus

Yuan-The-11th at April 17, 2014 at 6:51 PM

I have been drawing the Hunter species of biohazard for over a decade, I am partial to Hunters Beta, Gamma, II, Sweeper & R,

I am a decent mathematician which means I can draw any of those Hunters species I mentioned above to scale with each other.

I have complied a list of of Hunter species:

Hunter Alpha [claimed by Alan Wenpei Mao]

Tick

Hunter Beta

Hunter Gamma (aka "The Frogger")

Hunter II (aka "Revised")

Sweeper sub-species (I recall a boss variant in gun survivor 2)

Hunter R

Hunter Mu

Hunter Elite [claimed by GEORGE TREVOR]

Glimmer

Hunter Delta (can't remember if Delta had a unique appearance)

Farfarello

Am I missing any Hunter Species?

I will draw The Frogger if anyone else doesn't want it.

I cannot think of any Hunter sub-species that you have missed, and you may have included a mutation that does not constitute a Hunter type - The Glimmer. I remember reading a file in Dead Aim that states their true origin is still a mystery and that more research was required to determine whether a Glimmer was indeed a Hunter sub-species.

I lack the artistic talent to participate in this community project but I'm really looking forward to seeing the finished Hunters - fan art is one of the most original ways to express the passion we have for Resident Evil.

--

I will have my revenge on Umbrella!

April 19, 2014 at 1:58 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Yuan-The-11th

James Marcus, thank you for you're rationals info & corrections on the anomaly that is Glimmer.

There is indeed a chance that the Glimmer might not be a sub-species derived from Hunter, I was aware of this and yet foolishly did not bother to add such a note to my list.

Something that I would very much like to add is that it would appear that Hunter Alpha is the default look for most Hunters, at least mass produced Hunters that is.

*Hunter B got its grotesque looks from haphazard genetic engineering aimed at improving its Central nervous system. RE Archives hints that Beta was rushed into completion for trials in Raccoon City & the mass-produced version would not have such ugly tumors.

* Hunter II shares the same looks as Hunter Alpha save for some possible cybernetic enhancements, ditto The Sweeper.

* Hunter Delta as far as I can remember is visually indistinguishable from Hunter Alpha.

* Hunters deployed at the Terragrigia Panic share the same looks as Hunter Alpha.

* The Frogger was created using a totally different process than Alpha.

* Farfarello is a regular hunter administered t-Abyss virus, cue transformation that results in a unique look.

* Glimmer is an irregular mutant that might not be a Hunter at all.

* Not enough info on Tick, Hunter R, Hunter Mu, Hunter Elite models. I am under the impression that they are all prototypes.

April 19, 2014 at 5:44 PM Flag Quote & Reply

George Trevor
Site Owner

The Tick is an insect-based subspecies of the Hunter presumed to have been developed at the Arklay Laboratory. As a variant of the original Hunter α. they are near identical to 'standard' Hunters, except for 2 sickle shaped hands, brown skin, and antenni. Exclusive to Resident Evil Sega Saturn version, they have not appeared in any further installment.

Their canon status has been confirmed in the Japanes guide book BIOHAZARD 3 LAST ESCAPE Official Guidebook - Fulfillment Of Her Escape. Thanks to our collegues at http://projectumbrella.net/ we have a translation of the Hunter classification section which refrences this sub-species :

HUNTER

A humanoid type B.O.W. produced as a result of reducing the immune function of the human body, halting rejection and multiplying the genes of creatures of another species by administration of the T-Virus. It is the first used biological weapon that had seemingly succeeded in controlling the erosion to the brain cells due to the virus, and enabled control via simple commands. Its movement performance is very high and its body, wrapped in developed muscles, boasts extraordinary jumping ability and instantaneous force. In addition, its bones transformed and exposed, hanging down as claws with the ability to slice a man's head in an instant. A subspecies, the insect hybrid model called Tick, lived in the courtyard basement.

Regarding the Hunter Elite model, Crimson Head Elder's 3rd Anniversary special will be casting light on that, but I have been sworn to secrecy until next month! Until then another resident here, Welsh, has designed two charts detailing the Hunter development time-line and classification of all known canon Hunter sub types :

photo hunterchart_zps764d38bd.png

--

Jessica... Lisa... Forgive me. May god justify my death in exchange for your safety.

April 20, 2014 at 6:33 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Yuan-The-11th

I should be able to put time aside for this art community project after/by this Thursday, 24th.

Before I get started however, I have a few questions regarding the expectations of this art community project:

*As I understand full front body profile and side body profile to scale are expected, correct?.

* Size, what is the minimum expectations for size? Would a drawing on simple 8.5x11 inch paper be too small?

* Color, is coloring optional or necessary? I can get a rough draft sketched and inked before the weekend but I will require more time if a colored picture is desired.

I ask these questions because I want my Hunter drawing to be satisfactory for this community project.

Cheers, Yuan.

April 21, 2014 at 1:59 PM Flag Quote & Reply

George Trevor
Site Owner

I would suggest that the more open the scope for personal decision, the better, so each individual artist can achieve their best potential using a preferred choice of medium (digital software, traditional paint, pencils, inks, etc), style and palette. Alan Wenpei Mao suggested a more specific approach, and this thread can be used to agree on a definative rule.

I thought I would provoke some inspiration by posting my 3 favourite Hunter fan art creations, all of a particularily different artistic & presentation style:

--

April 21, 2014 at 7:49 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Yuan-The-11th

Prior commitments prevented me from dedicating my self to the community art project but my schedule is now clear.

In addition, I have figured out the process in how I will go about with the art project:

* 1st, obtain reference pictures to ensure accuracy.

* 2nd A, determine total size of what final draft will look like.

* 2nd B, use mathematics to ensure art is to scale.

* 3rd, Begin rough draft of full body front profile.

* 4th, Begin rough draft of full body side profile.

* 5th A, Finalize sketches & make two copies.

* 5th B, take one copied & begin inking process.

* 6th, take other copied & begin coloring process.

I estimate each step to take 1 day, thus I will finish my Hunter Gamma art community project by next weekend.

April 28, 2014 at 12:50 AM Flag Quote & Reply

George Trevor
Site Owner

I was just wondering if anyone had found some spare time to commence their artwork ?

June 16, 2014 at 10:08 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alan Wenpei Mao

I am in the process of cleaning up my first draft as I type. It will be up soon, but this is work that I redrawn a couple of times.  Feel free to comment on it when I post it. It will have a temporary height chart as well. Just wait a little bit longer, okay? Thanks. :D

June 18, 2014 at 4:32 PM Flag Quote & Reply

James Marcus

Alan Wenpei Mao at June 18, 2014 at 4:32 PM

I am in the process of cleaning up my first draft as I type. It will be up soon, but this is work that I redrawn a couple of times.  Feel free to comment on it when I post it. It will have a temporary height chart as well. Just wait a little bit longer, okay? Thanks. :D

I am pleased to see the update Alan. Take your time and we will wait patiently because you cant rush an artist. The finished artwork is what matters not the time it takes.

--

I will have my revenge on Umbrella!

June 18, 2014 at 5:19 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Yuan-The-11th

I commenced work & nearly completed my first draft right away, then regrettably had to postpone the art project as I am in the process of changing homes.

Now, I believe that I will once again be settled down in 2 weeks ~ 1 month, then I can finish the drafts, ink & color The Frogger.

I can say with great confidence that the finished product will be well worth the wait & I can only ask that residents here continue to be patient.

So with all that in mind, Alan Wenpei Mao, by all means, take your time!

--

The nobility will rise again. Until that time, farewell!

June 20, 2014 at 11:18 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Alan Wenpei Mao

Its been a while guys. I am still hard at work on my Hunter Alpha currently. How is everybody doing with their Hunters? :D

--

January 31, 2015 at 8:50 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Yuan-The-11th

Hello Alan,

I have not had to many opportunities to work on the stunning yet complex specimen that is Hunter-Y "The Frogger" but I am fairly close to completing a un-colored front-profile... would you like me to post my work-in-progress?:P

Or would it be better to wait in till I have finished it?

--

The nobility will rise again. Until that time, farewell!

February 27, 2015 at 6:01 PM Flag Quote & Reply

George Trevor
Site Owner

Alan Wenpei Mao at January 31, 2015 at 8:50 PM

Its been a while guys. I am still hard at work on my Hunter Alpha currently. How is everybody doing with their Hunters? :D

I have not forgotten about this great community project, and apologies Alan Wenpei Mao for not having already posted my sketches so far. I have been trying some new coloured pencils that can be mixed with water to create a genuine paint effect, but with the control one gets with a pencil lead. I'll post my sketch here when I can get my scanner up and running (dodgy power lead !)

--

February 28, 2015 at 2:03 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alan Wenpei Mao

Hello, guys. I am just about to finish my side profile of the Hunter Alpha and I think its time for an update for the Hunters Community Art Project. I think that its time that George show his work on the Hunter Elite and Yuan give an update to "The Frogger." I am making sure that everybody is working on this art project still. :)

--

January 9, 2017 at 12:06 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Ray Redfield

Are you still working on it? I'd be happy to join in... :) 

--

Fantasy is I am a wingless angel made in heaven. Reality is I am a human born in the beautiful land of the mysterious missing flights.

February 14, 2017 at 7:48 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.