CRIMSON HEAD ELDER

Survival Horror Community & Podcast

RESIDENTS FORUM

Forum Home > BIRKIN'S LABORATORY > Locations of Umbrella's Labs

Alan Wenpei Mao

Is the HIVE canon within the games? If so, where does it stand? There already a RE2 lab underneath Raccoon City Police Department. I thought the HIVE was underneath the Raccoon City Hospital.

Queen Zenobia and her sister ships were floating labs like the Spencer Rain. The Russian lab may have been a major Umbrella lab. I am thinking that all main Umbrella labs are like the Russian lab due to the fact that it had the most complexity so far in a lab. We unfornately didn't see Umbrella's HQ's lab and play any of it for some reason in any of the games.

Also I may have a lead on another map of Raccoon City. On the original OUTBREAK website, there was a minigame that played like a point and click adventure for survivors of Raccoon City. The website is long gone, but someone could find a way to find it. I don't have a lot of HTML know how, so I can't help. It would be fun to play it again.:)

Spolier warning for Resident Evil 6.

I know that Umbrella's research labs have been used by other groups like Tricell, and the FBC. But what if the lab in Resident Evil 6 was another lab originally used by Umbrella? At the end of the game, Simmons is impaled by a obelisk and his blood pools into the emblem of Umbrella. What if they were continuing working on what Umbrella left behind in Hong Kong?

December 15, 2013 at 1:33 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Xarls

The Hive is not cannon, none of the live action films are...I really enjoyed the first two to be honest but after the third and when they introduce those mental powers it became too much for me.

About that RE6 thing I don´t know, but it is possible, who knows how many labs did Umbrella have.

April 15, 2014 at 3:38 AM Flag Quote & Reply

MIXED_HERB

Indeed the Hive was not canon. But you could say the games only focused on areas Birkin and Wesker lorded over. The network we see in RE2 and RE0 is vast so its safe to say we don't see the entire complex in the games.

--

April 15, 2014 at 8:46 AM Flag Quote & Reply

George Trevor
Site Owner

Those atrocious films are not canon, and extremely damaging to the value & integrity of the official series in my opinion.

That Outbreak information is intruiging and deserves further investigation...

The geography of Umbrella's miriad of facilities is my weakest area of Resident Evil knowledge, hence the time it has taken me to escape from the Spencer Mansion. TheBatman and Ridley, amoungst others here, would be first class enthusiasts to go to regarding the network of Umbrella facilities & their relative locations. I'll send them a note drawing their expert attention in this direction...

--

Jessica... Lisa... Forgive me. May god justify my death in exchange for your safety.

April 16, 2014 at 5:38 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Xarls

George Trevor at April 16, 2014 at 5:38 PM

Those atrocious films are not canon, and extremely damaging to the value & integrity of the official series in my opinion.

That Outbreak information is intruiging and deserves further investigation...

The geography of Umbrella's miriad of facilities is my weakest area of Resident Evil knowledge, hence the time it has taken me to escape from the Spencer Mansion. TheBatman and Ridley, amoungst others here, would be first class enthusiasts to go to regarding the network of Umbrella facilities & their relative locations. I'll send them a note drawing their expert attention in this direction...

Agreed, movies are no good indeed...

April 16, 2014 at 7:43 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Hunter Alpha

Well, there's the Paris Umbrella Laboratory, where the T+G-virus from Dead Aim was developed if I'm not mistaken. I seem to recall a discussion about the RE0 magic elevator, which headed into asking if there could be multiple laboratories like Birkin's in order to explain it. IIRC somebody pointed out that in a novel Ada or someone else went to the Umbrella Paris laboratory and that the entrance looked just like Birkin's laboratory. But don't quote me on that.

Sheena Island is where the Tyrant Factory was located and where the T-Hypnos was created. Since they also have some unusual BOWs such as the Likcer Kai/Licker Evolved and the Poison Ivy, other BOW research do seems to have also taken place at the island.

Umbrella Corps has another abandoned Umbrella Laboratory, which consideirng the large amount of chemical storage tanks, might have seen little BOW research, though at least one room had 4 glass human-sized capsules that could have been used for BOWs. Little more is know of this lab, other that it was abandoned due to t-virus contamination.

On the non-canon side we have the Umbrella BOW Programming Lab from Operation Raccoon City, which was essentially another underground installaiton of Umbrella, mainly intended for storing and programming BOWs.

September 14, 2016 at 11:37 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.