CRIMSON HEAD ELDER

Survival Horror Community & Podcast

RESIDENTS FORUM

Forum Home > BIRKIN'S LABORATORY > In defence of Las Plagas

TheBatMan

Not necessarilily. Uroboros could have completely destroyed it, or it could be similar to how Lisa Trevor completely absorbed the Nemesis, or how the t-Virus was reactivated and Jill and subsequently disappeared (Benny M suggests this happened after he says Jill was injected with the prototype Uroboros in 2006 whilst in suspended animation. Although other sources don't state Jill was given the prototype at all to be fair.) There are boundless possibilities. I just think a biography in the guidebook, which is pretty much the only information we have on the transformation, explaining how the monster came to be that has no mention of t-Phobos, is enough until something is released in the future that changes that fact. That coupled by the director stating that he believes Neil's change is very close to Wesker and that mutations caused by the virus are heavily influenced by differences between individual subjects and just because a subject gets infected by the same virus does not mean they will mutate the same way.

I don't believe Alex looks anything like a Tyrant and Neil's laughing fit i think is down to the simple realisation that Uroboros is not consuming him and is in fact making him stronger. And given the text News Bot quoted above, it seems the researchers were disappointed the effects of adding Progenitor was so little when their goal was to create a biological weapon with 'outstanding mobility and aggressiveness.' The end result was not as satisfying as anticipated because the Licker is nor more mobile or aggressive than its original counterpart. So them being feral in their orignal state seems irrelevant.

I agree that this is going nowhere so I'll leave it there. This topic should be about the Plaga anyway.

March 9, 2018 at 5:52 PM Flag Quote & Reply

EvilResident
Lisa had tentacles and characteristics of Nemesis made it into G (parasitic embryos that are absorbed by the host body and palm tentacles), so I'd say Lisa assimilated Nemesis' genes. Not to reopen the can of worms or anything.
--
Hiding places are beyond number, and yet only one deliverance. But there are as many chances for deliverance as there are hiding places - Kafka
March 9, 2018 at 6:14 PM Flag Quote & Reply

News Bot

Viruses don't destroy or "absorb" other viruses, if anything they combine or simply superimpose on each other. Lisa Trevor is a case in point. All humans are considering we are full of endogenuous retroviruses.

You said the Licker Beta wasn't "more" aggressive so t-Phobos doesn't do anything. I'm saying this is nonsense because the Licker is already as aggressive as it can get.

Uroboros is indeed based on Progenitor. It's also distantly related to the t-Virus and even further from t-Phobos.

"Moira's bracelet turns red because she has overcome her fear and is slowly adapting to the virus. The game's director leaves it open as to how she actually survived. The fact it still takes her 8 weeks to recover before she can get up and walk enough to venture outside suggests in actual fact the virus did very little to her at all during this time. The superhuman element only seems to come in if the host dies. So it is utter speculation as to whether she initially survived because of the virus, yet you are happy to decide it so and run with it as being definite, but you chastise others for doing the same because they pick a point of view that doesn't fit your own personal interpretation. It's your standard MO."

t-Phobos doesn't do anything to Moira? Natalia's bracelet is also red and she becomes superhuman if she dies. Stands to reason and example that Moira is the same, again it's all shown by the game. The fact that she survives the rubble at all confirms t-Phobos' involvement, as if she doesn't adapt, she dies--- same situation, no difference aside from whether she adapts to the virus or not. So the virus determines her survival. Keep attempting to project.

March 10, 2018 at 1:10 AM Flag Quote & Reply

News Bot

Judging from the eyes of Monster Alex which are close to Albert's but not fully, it looks like Alex was much more of an adapter than Neil whose eyes look like the Afflicted or Revenant.

https://i.imgur.com/1tQ2zgK.jpg

March 10, 2018 at 7:22 AM Flag Quote & Reply

EvilResident

News Bot at March 10, 2018 at 7:22 AM

Judging from the eyes of Monster Alex which are close to Albert's but not fully, it looks like Alex was much more of an adapter than Neil whose eyes look like the Afflicted or Revenant.

https://i.imgur.com/1tQ2zgK.jpg

That's very interesting. I noticed her eyes were somewhat slit-like in shape after her initial mutation, but not before. I always thought t-Phobos did that, but it looks like a pre existing mutation from the Wesker Virus. I went looking through pictures again of various mutants in Rev2, and I can't find a very good picture of Afflicted eyes. After her t-Phobos mutation, her eyes turn into a color somewhat remiscent of Albert's, but with damaged spots (almost bloodshot). Uroboros doesn't seem to initialy affect her eyes, but they glow red very noticeably during her final form. Neil's eyes don't change color, but look a bit glossy, like a Tyrant or Zombie. Revenant eyes don't look affected at all, and may not be functional, as destroying their face doesn't affect vision. Pedro, Alex, Neil, and Vulcan Blubbers all appear with eyes that are either bulging, or have the surrounding flesh stripped away. Natalia in the bad ending doesnt have slits like Albert, but the color is exactly the same, right down to that "flame" like effect around the iris. Rev2 has some great monster details.
--
Hiding places are beyond number, and yet only one deliverance. But there are as many chances for deliverance as there are hiding places - Kafka
March 10, 2018 at 4:27 PM Flag Quote & Reply

News Bot

I double-checked the eyes, and they're actually the same eyes Natalia acquires in the bad ending and Alex already has them in her first form after being revived. So they're a result of t-Phobos and Uroboros only causes Alex's eyes to go red with damage and rage.

So once again, Mkono is the most adaptable we've seen so far, second only to Albert Wesker.

March 10, 2018 at 11:18 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Weskers Report
Neil had the same same treatment as Alex. T Phobos + Uroboros. The only difference is BirkinĀ?s Prototype Virus Alex took. The would explain why she has different eye characteristics.
March 12, 2018 at 9:18 PM Flag Quote & Reply

EvilResident
Afflicted do seem to have adapter eyes, which are also bloodshot. http://residentevil.com.br/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/RESIDENT-EVIL-REVELATIONS-2_20160714142319.png Neils eyes look barely affected though. Somewhat similar to a Tyrant I think. https://gematsu.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/Resi-Rev-2-Drama-PV.jpg
--
March 14, 2018 at 2:18 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.