CRIMSON HEAD ELDER

Survival Horror Community & Podcast

RESIDENTS FORUM

Forum Home > THE SPENCER MANSION > Biohazard The Experience English Translation

BSAArklay
Administrator

Well I feel like you have all waited long enough for this. Please enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3iEIU6dYdW8

--

"I've had enough of your bullshit! Your just another one of Umbrella's leftovers"

But it's non-canon, you can't be caught reading that!

February 10, 2018 at 9:42 PM Flag Quote & Reply

USS Command
Administrator

Great work! It's a real shame they only use doors for the environment when the stage had a much better set. Also just to be clear, that light flashing is just for big plot points right? Like its not actually happening to them?

--

"I'll take my Survival Horror like I take my men" - George Trevor, September 3, 2017 at 6:10 PM

“Great love springs from great knowledge of the beloved object and if you know it but a little, you will be able to love it only a little or not at all.” - Leonardo da Vinci

February 11, 2018 at 7:45 AM Flag Quote & Reply

ResiEvilChic96

Thank you so much for this, BSAArklay! I know the stage had a better set but I thought the atmosphere is this was pretty good! The man in trenchcoat definitely gave off Wesker vibes, hee hee. The sound effects were pretty cool with the firearms and all. I thought the play overrall was decent. I wouldn't mind attending one of these if they did them here. 

--

February 11, 2018 at 8:55 AM Flag Quote & Reply

BSAArklay
Administrator
It has to take place post Spencer¬?s Umbrella. Man in trench coat says ¬? Umbrella went bankrupt.¬?
--

"I've had enough of your bullshit! Your just another one of Umbrella's leftovers"

February 11, 2018 at 9:37 AM Flag Quote & Reply

TheBatMan
Nice job with this. I'll try and get it watched tonight and post my thoughts.
February 11, 2018 at 10:50 AM Flag Quote & Reply

BSAArklay
Administrator
Thanks Bats and everyone else means a lot that people enjoyed this.
--

February 11, 2018 at 11:30 AM Flag Quote & Reply

EvilResident
Thanks, man. I saw it at Biohaze. I really enjoyed it. Meanwhile, I still haven't gotten through Gaia...
--
Body Horror Enthusiast
February 11, 2018 at 8:41 PM Flag Quote & Reply

TheBatMan

Having finally watched this I will say I enjoyed it. I think The Stage is better overall but this was interesting and the depicted scenario is much more suiting of a stage adaptation. The zombies themselves were also much better in this one.

Unfortunately it was all just too vague on the finer details. I'd suggest it is yet another faceless corporation trying to reboot and capitalise on the Tyrant project some years after the original Umbrella's demise. But there really isn't much detail to help elaborate much further.

Thanks again for the translation.

February 28, 2018 at 1:39 PM Flag Quote & Reply

EvilResident
I think it takes place pre - 2003. None of the characters are familiar with BOWs or herbs. One character said there are rumors of an outbreak in America among journalists, which I think alludes to the Mansion or Raccoon Incident. One also gets a phone message detailing the use of herbs from Umbrella. It could be one of Umbrella's many Tyrant projects running concurrently in 1998, with this one run by the Japan branch and unique in the host selection process, hoping to create an inherently more intelligent Tyrant than the ones based on the Mass Production model. It is implied the Japanese military are involved as well, and we know RU had the support of many govts. I think trenchcoat man simply doubles as narrator, and that the mention of RU's bankruptcy wasn't meant to be anything pertaining to the current scenerio.
--
Body Horror Enthusiast
March 1, 2018 at 2:38 AM Flag Quote & Reply

TheBatMan

There's no reason for a narrator to suggest Umbrella went backrupt is the story takes place prior to that event happening. That just serves up nothing but utter confusion. Likewise he turns up at the end and has been observing the experiment all along so his monologues have to be in real time with what is happening in the story.

The herbs started off native to the Arklay Mountains so I don't see an issue with Japanese civilians not having heard of their medicinal properties. Likewise BOWs were only officially acknowledged to exist in 2004 and Japan is probably one of the few places there has never been a major outbreak. 

It could be the red faction of Blue Umbrella and the trenchcoat man could be the executive. But in all honesty it's all so vague it's pointless to even speculate.

March 1, 2018 at 9:01 AM Flag Quote & Reply

EvilResident
That was my biggest problem with it - it was way too vague, and it's place in the timeline was totally obscure. Other than that, and the three characters with "aha! Betrayal!" moments at the end, and I really enjoyed it. There is no red faction of BU. It has an elite unit, Umbrella Corps, with a red version of the logo, but it's all the same group. Red Umbrella refers to Spencer's Umbrella (pre-"rehabilitation"). The idea of people not knowing about zombies post 2007 is hard to swallow anyway, be it Japan or anywhere else. The text message is literally sent from Umbrella too.
--
Body Horror Enthusiast
March 1, 2018 at 11:06 AM Flag Quote & Reply

TheBatMan

It was enjoyable. The scene where the guy is killed by the chainsaw zombie whilst the other zombies closed in all around him was really well done. I’m aware that red umbrella refers to the original corporation, I’m just mean it could the bad side of BU that is running these experiments because it’s evidently set sometime after the original corporation’s demise given the mysterious man providing the backstory. The characters are also aware of the zombies, it’s just that many of them have never faced them first hand before. I assumed the text message from Umbrella was just part of the façade that was being set up to manipulate the test subjects, but I’ll have to give it another watch at some point as I can’t really remember the finer points.

March 1, 2018 at 1:46 PM Flag Quote & Reply

EvilResident
I also enjoyed that scene, as well as the references to classic zombie behavior (like symptoms involving intense itching and being particularly hard to kill). The overall tone was nice. They knew about zombies in the same sense STARS did - Romero films exist in RE. But the reality of their existence came as a shock to the characters, with some repeatedly insisting they were people.
--
Body Horror Enthusiast
March 1, 2018 at 11:15 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.