Crimson Head Elder Resident Evil website community

CRIMSON HEAD ELDER

Survival Horror Tome and Community

RESIDENTS FORUM

Forum Home > BIRKIN'S LABORATORY > Breakdown of the Viruses

BSAArklay

So I wasn't exactly at the head of the class when it come's to the virology or science of this series. Recently I found myself struggling to recall what virus appeared where and exactly how it was created. I wanted to keep this very simple so am not looking to go to in depth with the overall science or by wandering to far from the main series. So basically here is a summary of each title and the respective viruses that appeared in their game. Feel free to correct me here I am very eager to get a greater understanding of the layout and would like to update this as accurate as possible.

Resident Evil Zero – Progenitor & Leech DNA = T-Virus (Marcus Strain)

Resident Evil – Progenitor & Ebola = T-Virus (Birkin V-Act Strain) Lisa Trevor - Progenitor & NE-a Parasite = G-Virus

Resident Evil 2 – T-Virus (Birkin Strain) G-Birkin – Progenitor & NE-a Parasite = G-Virus

Outbreak File 1&2 – T-Virus (Birkin Strain) & G-Virus

Resident Evil 3 – T-Virus, Nemesis - NE-a Type Parasite & Tyrant = Nemesis T-Type

Resident Evil Code – Queen Ant, Plant Genes & Progenitor = T-Veronica

Dead Aim – T-Virus & G-Virus = T+G Virus

Resident Evil 4 – Los Plagas Parasite

Degeneration – T-Virus & G-Virus

Revelations – The Abyss Virus & T-Virus = T-Abyss

Resident Evil 5 – Progenitor, T-Virus anti-bodies = Uroboros

Revelations 2 – Noradrenaline & T-Virus = T-Phobos & Uroboros also appears seperately

Damnation – T-Virus & Los Plagas

Marhawa Desire – C-Virus

Resident Evil 6 – T-Virus, T-Veronica, G-Virus, Jake Wesker's blood = Enhanced C - Virus

Vendetta – T-Virus & Plaga = a-Virus

Heavenly Island – Process of elimination extracting genes from BOW’s who won their battle until one was left standing - Kodoku Virus

Resident Evil 7 – E Series Mold

--

"I've had enough of your bullshit! Your just another one of Umbrella's leftovers"

September 28, 2017 at 12:59 PM Flag Quote & Reply

USS Command

Scents you’re not wandering to far from the main series, allow me to do that job for you.

Biohazard Clan Master – G-Virus and Snake DNA = Basilisk Virus and Succubus Virus (which is a special variant to turn female security personnel into super humans.)

Resident Evil Fire and Ice – T-Virus, G-Virus, X-Virus and Biohazard Virus.

Biohazard to the Liberty – C-Virus.

Biohazard: The Umbrella Chronicles Side A – Ur-Virus, T-Virus, and G-Virus.

BIO HAZARD The [whatever you call it these days] North Sea. – Neo T-Virus.

Resident Evil Confidential Report – T-Virus, Nemesis - NE-a Type Parasite, Nemesis T Type, and MS-Virus.

Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City – T-Virus 0B, Nemesis - NE-a Type Parasite, Nemesis T Type, NE-Beta Parasite, and G-Virus.

Biohazard 4D Executer – T-Virus and Cameron Virus.

Biohazard The Stage – T-Howard Virus.

In Outbreak you forgot T-JCCC 203.

Oh and may as well mention these too:

In the Chinese comics – G Bacteria, Nemesis - NE-a Type Parasite, Nemesis T Type, and T-Virus.

In a mistranslation – NE-Virus

--

"I'll take my Survival Horror like I take my men" - George Trevor, September 3, 2017 at 6:10 PM

“Great love springs from great knowledge of the beloved object and if you know it but a little, you will be able to love it only a little or not at all.” - Leonardo da Vinci

September 28, 2017 at 1:46 PM Flag Quote & Reply

3A7

Resident Evil 6 – T-Virus, T-Veronica, G-Virus, Jake Wesker's blood = Enhanced C - Virus.

Also Uroboros is only based off Progenitor.

--

This is how a professional does things...

September 28, 2017 at 4:44 PM Flag Quote & Reply

BSAArklay

Thanks for the additons USS Command they are a great help.

3A7 you are absolutley right thanks for the corrections. I don't know where I got T-Veronica and G-Virus from but T-Virus is a part of the Uroboros virus though? Due to the antibodies found in Jill's blood which Wesker uses to make the virus less potent.

--

"I've had enough of your bullshit! Your just another one of Umbrella's leftovers"

September 28, 2017 at 4:59 PM Flag Quote & Reply

ResiEvilChic96

Since we got all these breakdowns of the viruses in this series, which virus is the BADDEST of them all? 

September 28, 2017 at 10:21 PM Flag Quote & Reply

3A7

BSAArklay sorry for not explaining myself very well, it should be like this since both are present and are different strains:

Resident Evil 6 – T-Virus, T-Veronica, G-Virus, = C - Virus & Enhanced C - Virus(C - Virus with Jake Wesker's blood).

Your welcome, I myself thought that too over the years, none of the three viruses are involved as far as i'm aware. The t-Virus dissapeared from her system while she was in cryostasis, all that remained was the antibodies.

ResiEvilChic99 if by baddest you mean deadlier well, Uroboros at least in the canon imo.

September 29, 2017 at 9:32 AM Flag Quote & Reply

USS Command

ResiEvilChic96 at September 28, 2017 at 10:21 PM

Since we got all these breakdowns of the viruses in this series, which virus is the BADDEST of them all? 

As a long time fan of The Thing franchise, I'm wanting to say the Cameron Virus. However, I should point out that we've never seen the full effects of a G-Virus outbreak. We see its effects SOME in RE2 and in Degeneration. But NOTHING in scale or as in depth as we see with the other viruses. 

The Unused G-Zombie from Darkside.

The Unused G-Dog from Outbreak.

And the Chimera from Clan Master.

Considering how Birkin keeps evolving throughout RE2, You could assume a G-Virus Outbreak would cause all that gets infected to do the same. Also, I for got one more Virus. TheTOFU-Virus is mentioned in the Darkside artbook. That part doesnt seem to have ever been finished so I cant say why or how it was made. BUT to [bio]hazard a guess, Umbrella may have made it to feed BOWs tofu so they wouldnt have to spend so much on pigs and what not.

--

"I'll take my Survival Horror like I take my men" - George Trevor, September 3, 2017 at 6:10 PM

“Great love springs from great knowledge of the beloved object and if you know it but a little, you will be able to love it only a little or not at all.” - Leonardo da Vinci

September 29, 2017 at 12:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Yoke

Minor corrections but as quick note. It's been a while since I've done anything RE oriented so this might be outdated or wrong information so corrections would be appreciated.

Resident Evil – A Mutated T-Virus Strain (V-Act Strain).

Lisa Trevor injected with Progenitor Type-B, NE-a Parasite and various strains of both Progenitor and T-Virus = G-Virus (Not sure what you would call it. While it is the G-Virus it is not the same version that was in RE2. More like a prototype or alpha version. I guess you can call this strain "G-Lisa" but note there is no offical term for this version)

Resident Evil 2
– V-Act strain that was enhanced (T-Birkin Strain).

G-Lisa strain that was enhanced= G-Virus (note: stolen by HUNK and Frederick Downing).

G-Virus that was in William Birkin= G-William (fan name, note: Ada stole a tissue sample).

G-William that was in Sherry Birkin= G-Sherry (fan name, note: in the hands of the US Government)

Resident Evil 3
– T-Birkin Strain appears again.

Nemesis T-Type, which is a T-103 injected with a NE-a parasite infects Jill Valentine with a stronger version of the T-Virus. (fan name is "T-Nemesis"). Jill Valentine's body later develops T-Virus anti-bodies.

Resident
Evil Code Veronica X– Queen Ant Genes, Plant Genes & Progenitor = T-Veronica.

T-Veronica that was injected into Alexia Ashford -> T-Alexia

T-Alexia that was injected into Steve Burnside -> T-Steve (fan name, note: stolen by Albert)

Dead Aim
– T-Virus (weakened version) & G-Virus (the one HUNK stole) = T+G Virus

Umbrella Chronicles- T-Marcus, V-Act Strain and T-Birkin 

Darkside Chronicles- T-Virus and T-Steve samples were given to Javier Hidalgo by Albert.

T-Steve injected into Manuela Hidalgo= T-Manuela (fan name, note: in the hands of the US Government)

Resident Evil 4 – No virus apprears in RE4 but there are many versions of Las Plagas. The important ones are...

Ancient Las Plagas enhanced=Type 1 Plaga

Type 1 Plaga enhanced= Master/Control/Dominate Plaga

Degeneration – T-Virus (T-Birkin) & G-Virus (both from Frederick Downing)

G-Virus injected into Curtis Miller= G-Curits (fan name, note: tissue sample collected by Tricell)

Resident Evil 5 – Progenitor + T-Virus anti-bodies from Jill Valentine = Uroboros

Matured Type 1 Plaga= Type 2 Plaga

Type 2 Plaga + Genes from the Control Plaga= Type 3 Plaga

Damnation – The only BOWs we see that have the T-Virus in them are the Licker Beta's (which are normal Lickers enchaned with the Progenitor Virus) and the Tyants (unknown on who or how they were made.)

"Synthetic" versions on the Type 2 and Control Plaga... (whatever the hell that means)

Marhawa Desire – C-Virus (injection)

C-Virus (gas)

Resident Evil 6 – T-Virus + T-Manuela = T-02 Virus

T-02+G-Sherry= C-Virus (note: there are many strains of the C-Virus)

C-Virus enhanced by Jake Mullers blood= Enhanced C-Virus

C-Virus (injection)

C-Virus (gas)

Vendetta – T-Virus & Plaga DNA = a-Virus

Resident Evil 7 – No virus appears in RE7. E-Series just refers to the BOW. What we see in RE7 is a fungus called "Mutamycete"

--

"What a mess we made, when it all went wrong."

September 30, 2017 at 7:29 PM Flag Quote & Reply

BSAArklay
This is absolutely perfect and exactly what I was looking for excellent contibution thanks Yoke!
--

September 30, 2017 at 11:12 PM Flag Quote & Reply

ResiEvilChic96

3A7- Urobouros was quite the deadliest virus in canon, imagine what global saturation would of looked like if Wesker succeeded there! Although not the deadliest, the T-Abyss has been fave virus of mine in the series ( I have been on a REV1 kick lately)

USS Command-  Great stuff! Never knew there was a G-Virus Chimera type, would of like to have seen how that would of turned out in the game! That unused one for the zombie does look creepy tho, reminds me of those zombies from the first Quake game. The ones that tore flesh off their heads and threw at it you.

October 1, 2017 at 6:22 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Sonny Bauer
All of these viruses are going to make my head explode. Thank you all for contributing to this topic. It is really putting things into perspective about the series. It is so easy to lose track sometimes if you do not pay attention to every particular detail.
October 2, 2017 at 1:40 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Yoke

ResiEvilChic96- Depends, what's your criteria?

BSAArklay-
 No problem but, once again, could be old info. I would recommend double checking the RE wikia or navigating through Project Umbrella.

Sonny Bauer-
 I think it's rather interesting how simple the series looks from the outside. It is easier just to tell people "yeah it's all the same virus" though lol.

--

October 2, 2017 at 7:28 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Sonny Bauer

Hahaha, I definitely know it's not all that simple. I just felt like as they kept making games, they kept coming up with a new virus, company, and villain each time and it got redundant or unnecessarily convoluted. Some of these viruses definitely can be consolidated into one, same as some of the organizations. Capcom keeps trying to add something new or reinvent the series and we keep getting tentacle monsters or an organization with a different name, but the same motivation like a Doomsday Project. Again, thanks for clearing a lot of the particulars up.

October 2, 2017 at 7:43 PM Flag Quote & Reply

BSAArklay

Yoke: From what I can see Yoke it all seem's relevant to me. Yeah I got my information from PU as well just you ventured alot deeper than I intended to go.

REChic: To answer your earlier questions I would have to say the G-Virus would be the worst of them all. Uroboros is potent and extremly limited with its success ratio however the mutation seem's to pale in comparisson to G. Muscle streching, skin tearing, bone crushing and eye ball popping it just seem's like the most painful mutation to me and like USSCommand pointed out G apperances have been sort of limited. We have basically had one G monster per installment. Imagine a room full of G creatures, you don't stand a chance in hell.

--

October 2, 2017 at 8:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

ResiEvilChic96

Yoke at October 2, 2017 at 7:28 PM

ResiEvilChic96- Depends, what's your criteria?

BSAArklay-
 No problem but, once again, could be old info. I would recommend double checking the RE wikia or navigating through Project Umbrella.

Sonny Bauer-
 I think it's rather interesting how simple the series looks from the outside. It is easier just to tell people "yeah it's all the same virus" though lol.

Wasn't the plan to disperse it in missiles and infect every corner of the planet? Would of been the deadliest in my opinion if it were carried out if Wesker succeeded but I see where I contradicted myself by saying ' in canon" which that didn't happen b/c Wesker was stopped by two rocket missles by Chris and Sheva in the end, so no global saturation there. But BSAArklay raised some good points about the G virus in his last post.
Wasn't the prototype version of Urobouros virus too powerful?

October 3, 2017 at 9:44 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Yoke

Sonny Bauer- Sorry, should of explained better lol. I was referring more to fans that really don't pay attention to all this stuff and see the series as one that "isn't that deep." 

I like having different viruses, villains and companies. To me, the probably is that the ones here lately don't matter in the grand scheme of things or they just come out of nowhere and are given a "hand wave" type explanation to justify them. Which is probably why Umbrella is back.

BSAArklay-
 Oh I'm no where near anyone from PU. I'm almost postive that my post pales in comparison to a post from one of them lol.

ResiEvilChic96-
 Sorry, I meant what's your criteria for the most "baddest virus." If it's just simple destruction. Then I would go with the C-Virus because the world would be been destroyed if Carla succeeded. With Uroboros and G you would have a few super humans running around.

Yes, the prototype Uroboros was way to deadly. It would of caused the end of the human race.

--

October 11, 2017 at 1:12 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Xarls

That's quite a list to memorize...:D

--

The DEADPOOLEST Crimson Head Elder resident

October 19, 2017 at 6:10 PM Flag Quote & Reply

ResiEvilChic96

Yoke at October 11, 2017 at 1:12 AM

Sonny Bauer- Sorry, should of explained better lol. I was referring more to fans that really don't pay attention to all this stuff and see the series as one that "isn't that deep." 

I like having different viruses, villains and companies. To me, the probably is that the ones here lately don't matter in the grand scheme of things or they just come out of nowhere and are given a "hand wave" type explanation to justify them. Which is probably why Umbrella is back.

BSAArklay-
 Oh I'm no where near anyone from PU. I'm almost postive that my post pales in comparison to a post from one of them lol.

ResiEvilChic96-
 Sorry, I meant what's your criteria for the most "baddest virus." If it's just simple destruction. Then I would go with the C-Virus because the world would be been destroyed if Carla succeeded. With Uroboros and G you would have a few super humans running around.

Yes, the prototype Uroboros was way to deadly. It would of caused the end of the human race.

That's a good pick with the C-Virus in terms of most destructive, good thing Carla didn't succeed there!

October 19, 2017 at 9:39 PM Flag Quote & Reply

George Trevor
Site Owner

BSAArklay at September 30, 2017 at 11:12 PM

This is absolutely perfect and exactly what I was looking for excellent contibution thanks Yoke!

This is a top class thread for those like me who are not yet up to the levels of understanding the phenominal Project Umbrella editorial by The Doctor 'The Biology of Evil'.

@Yoke that was a considerably insightful contribution; I found your breakdown of the different sources of G-virus strains very useful. But can I ask if there was a specific source for you deciding that the t-virus strain stolen by Morpheus D. Duvall from the Paris laboratory was a 'weakened' strain?

--

Jessica... Lisa... Forgive me. May god justify my death in exchange for your safety.

November 4, 2017 at 8:05 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Yoke

George Trevor- Thank you!

While I know fan names are frowned upon. I do think it's important to remeber where they all came from and it also helps to eliminate confusion. Also in regards to the G-Virus. I hate that it was always "random mutations" and prefer the idea that depending on the source. The outcome of can be predicted.

I messed up on that one. Sorry about that! I used PU for information on the T+G Virus but read it wrong. Here is the part that should clear up what makes it. "They were fused at the genetic level by swapping certain genes and proteins within the G-virus with weaker equivalents in the t-virus. In effect, the t-virus was used as an "antibody" to the G-virus." .

--

November 5, 2017 at 11:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.