Crimson Head Elder Resident Evil website community

CRIMSON HEAD ELDER

Survival Horror Tome and Community

RESIDENTS FORUM

Forum Home > THE SPENCER MANSION > Alyson Court & Leila Johnson Interview

George Trevor
Site Owner

ALYSON COURT & LEILA JOHNSON, CODE: VERONICA HALLOWEEN PODCAST!

This Halloween at the Crimson Head Elder mansion, we're exploring the horror of Code: Veronica, with its two main stars, Alyson Court, heroine protagonist Claire Redfield, together with Leila Johnson, iconic antagonist Alexia Ashford. Both actors, repsonsible for two of the most recognisable & beloved figurehead characters in Resident Evil history, will join our podcast for a live interview, discussing & debating a true Survival Horror classic, Resident Evil Code: Veronica.

And of course we will be asking Alyson about Resident Evil 2 HD remake, and Resident Evil Outbreak un-used, cut dialogue, for a potential HD remaster / Outbreak File #3.

Residents are invited to submit their Code: Veronica questions below for Alyson Court & Leila Johnson to answer together, live on this very special Halloween file of the Crimson Head Elder Podcast.

September 23, 2017 at 9:12 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Sonny Bauer

This should make for a very entertaining podcast. I'm very excited to hear this one!

September 24, 2017 at 1:13 AM Flag Quote & Reply

BSAArklay

Awesome looking forward to this one. Got a few questions for both.

Alyson;

1) You recorded for both the original Code Veronica and the reimaging in the Darkside Chronicles. Did you notice any differences wether it be plot, character development or even the attitude Capcom took between the two projects which revolved around the same story.

2) What was your favourite or most memorable performance as Claire Redfield?

3) Was you happy with the role that Claire took later in the series becoming more of a behind the scenes character working with Terrasave rather than following in the footsteps of her brother.

Leila;

1) In the retelling of the Code Veronica story in Darkside Chronicles Alexia murders her brother Alfred for "failing" her as apposed to the original Code Veronica when she cradles him and shows affection as he dies. Which version do you prefer Alexia caring for her brother or thinking he was simply one of her worker ants?

2) Why do you think it was that Alexia and Alfred held such hatred for their father after learning they were artificially created? Not having a mother and being raised in the manner they were do you think perhaps neither of the twins ever had a chance of leading a normal life? Much like Albert Wesker and more recently Eveline their fates seemed destined from their birth.

3) Do you feel like Alexia still had more of a story to tell and would have liked to see her reprise her role in a sequel or do you think that her fate came at the right time.

I can add more but I want to leave room for others.

--

"I've had enough of your bullshit! Your just another one of Umbrella's leftovers"

September 24, 2017 at 2:32 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Bl00dy3y3

Wow! October is jam packed with exciting interviews and other content. It would seem CHE is growing exponentially! Congratulations to everyone who has been working their butts off for this site and community.

Leila - 1. If given the opportunity to reprise the role of Alexia. How would you like to return? In a Prequels, a more expansive story in CV, or her return in a sequel?

2. If there was one thing you could change about Alexia's story. What would it be? (Her death is non-negotiable)

3. Could you tell us what a day in the life of Leila is like?

Alyson - 1. While I'm immensely disappointed with the way the casting ultimately went with the RE2make. Do you see this as being the last time you'd attempt too return as Claire? Is there any possibility of you ever returning to the role of Claire in an official capacity?

2. How would you feel if Claire ever received a DLC costume as Loonette?

3. Not RE related, BUT, as a fan of the Blue Jays. May I ask? What happened between last season and this season? How would you change the teams lineup?

September 24, 2017 at 6:24 PM Flag Quote & Reply

TheOracleDragon

One of my favorite games in the series with beautiful music and lovely characters that certain pulled you through the story. This is certainly highly exciting for many CV fans out there and to have these two together will be exciting!

Onto the questions, this is tricky but I will do my best for the two iconic ladies.

For both of them:
1: What do you believe is the true nature Alexia has towards Claire and her brother, Chris? 

2: Do you believe that Alexia and Claire could have had more interesting conversations if Chris wasn't around and met on netural grounds?

3:  Two part question for both of them to answer.

To Leila --> With Alfred's need to act the role of his sister, how would have Alexia handled it if Claire told her the reason that she and Steve had to put him down?

To Alyson --> How would Claire actually word it to Alexia about what Alfred was doing?

--

'The screams, the shouts, the pain, the nightmares...they'll never leave me, that asylum will never leave me...I suffer from it every passing night...what does Umbrella want of me?' - Shane Burns

September 24, 2017 at 10:57 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Hank Foreman

I only have one question & that's to Alyson: If Claire Redfield & Loonette the Clown ran into each other & got into a conversation with each other (whether it's about surviving the horrors of Raccoon City & Rockfort Island, everyday life of silliness in Clowntown, or anything, anyone, anywhere else. It doesn't matter, it's all up to you!), how would that conversation go? And yes, you may act out as both characters if you'd like!

September 25, 2017 at 12:10 AM Flag Quote & Reply

James Marcus

Halloween just became officially fucking awesome. Whoever gets to interview both these ladies in one place has the luckiest job 8)

They both gave brilliant interviews for this site already and from what went down those time, this double delight will be one hell of a podcast to remember and perfect for this season. I want to ask both these talented ladies if this is the first time they have spoken since the CVX recording, and how does each actress feel their character improves the story of CVX compared to the three main titles that came before it?

--

I will have my revenge on Umbrella!

September 25, 2017 at 5:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

ResiEvilChic96

Alyson: I was just wondering, how do you think Claire is dealing with her brother with his latest occupation of having to work with Blue Umbrella. I mean I imagine she knows Chris is most likely not thrilled with it and just keeping an eye on them, making sure they are running things right but you think she's got suspicions about this and worried that Chris won't get hurt in all this? 
Leila: How does it feel to have voiced capcom's first iconic female villain?

September 25, 2017 at 10:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

NEMESIS

Hank Foreman at September 25, 2017 at 12:10 AM

I only have one question & that's to Alyson: If Claire Redfield & Loonette the Clown ran into each other & got into a conversation with each other (whether it's about surviving the horrors of Raccoon City & Rockfort Island, everyday life of silliness in Clowntown, or anything, anyone, anywhere else. It doesn't matter, it's all up to you!), how would that conversation go? And yes, you may act out as both characters if you'd like!

that is a great question H but this podcast is no place for Loonette, only evil clowns allowed, this is Halloween :P

My question for Leila, which female tragic figure from the past, fiction or non-fiction, do you feel most captures the spirit of Alexia?

My question for Alyson, the Claire Redfield character has been portrayed by far less actors than most the others in the series, does she feel that is a good thing, and if so why?

Thank you for preparing this for an ultimate Halloween celebration!

--

STAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRS

September 26, 2017 at 11:23 AM Flag Quote & Reply

JC Wesker

Wow!! Protagonist & Antogonist of 1 of the best Titles in the Series, together again!! Hey, it wasn’t Claire who pulled the trigger on the Linear Launcher.... Haha!!

Like always, I’d be honoured to have my ‘Monologues’, (as I’ve decided to call them), read aloud, even if I know I may come across as a little cheesey.. Hey, praise where praise is due!!.... Haha!!

To Alyson: I bestowed a whole swathe of accolades upon Alyson last time around, & I hope I don’t repeat myself….

The Prologue: Your portrayal of Claire has always been a true ‘Hallmark’ of the Series, in that it is the purity, depth, strength & humour of Claire’s character, which is not only why I believe Claire is such a beloved character, but also, why people all over the world truly resonate so much with ‘your’ voice & ‘your‘ performance as Claire.... It’s why taking a journey through 2, or CV, is as enjoyable in 2017, as it was almost 20 years ago….

The Questions: Outbreak!!

1] How many Scenarios, including the 10 that Capcom released across File #1 & #2, actually existed, whether in terms of just Script, OR, in terms of actual recorded Dialogue?? ;-)

2] Please tell us everything that you remember about these ‘Un-Released’ Scenarios, (Eg: Characters, Enemies, Locations, Plot), & how they possibly linked in with what already exists?? :-)

[Motel Scenario (A Day in Raccoon), Docks Scenario, on the Streets of RC, Outside of the Hospital…. & let’s not forget about Kate, who would become the ‘Regis Licker’ in Hellfire!!]

To Leila: I, unfortunately, missed the opportunity to post anything last time, so, here goes….

The Prologue: Alexia Ashford is, & always has been, 1 of the very best Villains in the Series, &, even though Wesker will always be in my ‘personal’ top spot, Alexia will always be 1 of the very few who totally kicked Wesker’s butt, & you are the Voice who gave Alexia life…. You were able to invoke such fear & dread w/ a Voice that is both hauntingly calm, & yet also pure malice; a ‘Cock-Tail of Evil’ that surely puts Alexia in the ‘Pantheon of Villains’, both within the Resident Evil Series, &, beyond it.

The Questions:

1] Alexia is officially 1 of the best villains in any Series, ever, & to quote Ash, (of, the Alien), in ‘Alien’, (my other favourite Series), “unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality”, which I feel is quite fitting w/ Alexia’s character…. Yet, she does show ‘signs’ of feeling towards her brother, Alfred, especially in his moment of death, when Alexia is holding Alfred in her arms…. Now, bearing in mind the lack of actual dialogue exchange between the 2, (& the changes they made in DSC, where she looks at Alfred as nothing more than a play-thing 2 be disposed of), do u personally think that Alfred was the 1 thing Alexia may have cared about, at least more so than any other, (which is what I would like to think), or was he merely another ‘Worker Ant’ who’d served his purpose??

2] Alexia & Claire don’t actually share many scenes together, as Chris takes up most of the spot-light in the latter half of the game…. If there’d been more dialogue exchange between the 2, could u think of an appropriate quip as wonderful as say, "Said the Spider to the Fly, how do u wish 2 Die??" :-)

Once again, Many Thanks to GT, & everyone at CHE…. It’s going to be a great Halloween!!

--

"Sure I'm not human anymore, but just look at the power I've gained!!"

September 26, 2017 at 12:12 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alan Wenpei Mao

For both,

Would you both do a remake of Code Veronica together if Capcom does it? :D

Were there other dynamic interactions that Capcom planned for Alexia and Claire?

For Alyson,

Is there any chance that Capcom can have you repise your role as Claire for RE2 remake?

Are there any new voice acting roles for you recently?

For Leila,

Are any game developers asking you for any voice acting work currently?

What are your current projects that you are working on?

September 26, 2017 at 7:26 PM Flag Quote & Reply

AnonymousFan

I've got so many questions, I feel like a kid at Christmas--to borrow a tired cliche. 

Leila: So much opportunity lost with Alexia in the RE canon. You gave an awesome performance as Alexia, but the combination of a poorly written script, and little to no screentime for your character detracted so much from what could have been a mind-blowing performance. I know I'm kind of preaching the devil's gospel here by knocking the script in Code: Veronica, but I can only imagine what kind of crazy actress powers you could have unleashed if you'd been given good material to work with. I've seen you in a few of your movies and television shows; I wish Capcom had given you the opportunity to bring that oomph to the RE games. So long-windedness aside, if they remade Code: Veronica in the RE engine, full motion capture and voice-work, you think you'd be up for it? 

Also, I have the worst crush on you.

Alyson: Basically echoing everything I said about Leila. You're a great actress, and I would pay out the nose to see you reprise your role as Claire in a future installment. That said, same question I asked Leila: would you be down to mo-cap and voice Claire in a future RE installment, should Capcom ever recognize the error of their ways? You did a fantastic job on the mo-cap in Outbreak; I feel like you'd be right at home in one of those sensor suits.

Also, I have the worst crush on you too.

Leila: In reality, Alexia only attacks Claire because she lets Steve pull the trigger on Alfred, and only goes after Chris because Chris decides to involve himself in matters. Essentially, Alexia seems to be someone who reacts defensively, not offensively. That in mind, do you think she could have eventually adjusted to normal life, had she survived the events of Code: Veronica? I think she'd have a better chance than Alfred at surviving the real world. Alfred was psychopathic, but Alexia was just angry. And anger doesn't last forever.

I mean, if you think about it, Alexia's pretty tragic. Too smart as a child, and isolated from her age-group because of her intelligence. Throw a father who only saw her as a vanity project into the mix, and fifteen years of cryostasis, I think she was less crazy, and more confused and bitter than anything else. Even her whole Queen Ant thing was just a child's way of making people like her, by turning them into thralls. 

Alyson: Had Alexia survived the events of Antarctica, how do you think that would sit with Claire? I've always been curious about your take on that. I feel like Claire's pretty idealistic as a character, and might struggle between hating Alexia for killing Steve, and understanding that, at the time, Alexia was mentally a child, and therefore had lashed out like a child. And only because Claire had let Steve kill her brother.

To Leila and Alyson: You don't have to, of course if the time just isn't there, but you know, if you have the time and feel like going in-character? Nudge, nudge, wink, wink.

[In an alternative universe, Claire and Alexia are stuck working together to get out of someplace alive, and they both hate it.]

Alexia: "Don't touch it. It could be a trap."

Claire: "It's a fucking television."

Alexia: "Have you ever seen Saw? It's probably rigged to explode."

Claire: "Reminds me of Rockfort."

Alexia: "I can't imagine how this reminds you of Rockfort."

Claire: "Alfred had this obstacle course. It was kind of like this. A weird funhouse project."

Alexia: "Don't start now, Redfield. And stop touching things in here. Please."

Claire: "Hey, Alexia? When you'd found me..."

Alexia: "Why I didn't kill you?"

Claire: "Yeah."

Alexia: "Our dynamic."

Claire: "I don't get it."

Alexia: "Reflections. Two sides of a coin."

Claire: "I don't see anything in you, Alexia."

Alexia: "Then why haven't you killed me yet? And be honest with yourself, Redfield."

Claire says nothing.

Alexia: "I'm everything you've dreamed of being."

Claire: "You're a psychopath."

Alexia: "I could easily kill you. But your brother would hunt me to the ends of the Earth to avenge your death. And that? That's bad for my business, Redfield."

Claire: "You said something about reflections. So what is it you see in me?" 

Alexia: "What ifs."

Claire: "Man, it smells like shit in here."

Alexia: "Like a portaloo at Coachella."

Claire: "You're not inaccurate. I went one year. Bad idea."

September 27, 2017 at 7:48 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Gerald Dürden

Questions to Leila Johnson (copy from my message on the news page) 1. What is your opinion about the relationship between Alfred and Alexia Ashford? 2. What do you think about the Ashford family and its background? 3. What's your thoughts about the actions of Alexia: kill her father, leave her brother, try to became a Queen using her own virus? 4. What would be the position of Alexia respect to the other characters? 5. What is your opinion about Alfred Ashford?

--
Autora de CODENAME: Veronica — Análisis y Compendium: https://codenameveronica.centzontotochtin.es/
September 27, 2017 at 4:00 PM Flag Quote & Reply

George Trevor
Site Owner

Gerald Dürden at September 27, 2017 at 4:00 PM

Questions to Leila Johnson (copy from my message on the news page) 1. What is your opinion about the relationship between Alfred and Alexia Ashford? 2. What do you think about the Ashford family and its background? 3. What's your thoughts about the actions of Alexia: kill her father, leave her brother, try to became a Queen using her own virus? 4. What would be the position of Alexia respect to the other characters? 5. What is your opinion about Alfred Ashford?

Superb questions, and for anyone who visits your wonderful Code: Veronica wesbite, that wont be a surprise. You have compiled an amazing wealth of information from across a wide range of sources; first class website for anyone passionate about this game.

--

Jessica... Lisa... Forgive me. May god justify my death in exchange for your safety.

September 27, 2017 at 4:15 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Gerald Dürden

George Trevor at September 27, 2017 at 4:15 PM

Gerald Dürden at September 27, 2017 at 4:00 PM

Superb questions, and for anyone who visits your wonderful Code: Veronica wesbite, that wont be a surprise. You have compiled an amazing wealth of information from across a wide range of sources; first class website for anyone passionate about this game.

Wow, I didnt expect this. Its a sincerely pleasure to me that you like it ^^ CODENAME: Veronica began one year ago and still on air since then, triying to analyze and improve the knowledge about this game, always focus on it and official information. And I am only on the beginning ;) Saludos.
--
Autora de CODENAME: Veronica — Análisis y Compendium: https://codenameveronica.centzontotochtin.es/
September 27, 2017 at 4:49 PM Flag Quote & Reply

troper2004

Hello ladies! My name is Cesar Barcena Rojas. I'm a fan of Alyson Court from Resident Evil 2. My question for her are:

Do you follow the story of Claire in other medias, as books, comics and live action movies? And what is your opinion?

My question for Leila is what was it like to played Alexia?

September 28, 2017 at 2:16 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Sonny Bauer

Alyson

1. Is there anything more that you can share with us about the Outbreak series that you may not have mentioned on the previous podcast?

2. We've already seen Ali Larter portray Claire in the live action movies. However, if Claire was to be portrayed in the live action reboot movie series is there any actress that would have your blessing for the role? Would you fight for the role? 

Leila

1. If Alexia was to be portrayed in the live action reboot movie series, is there an actress that would have your blessing for the role? Would you fight for the role? 

Thank you!

September 29, 2017 at 9:37 PM Flag Quote & Reply

soulglitc_h
For Alyson: Which of Claire's two iconic vests would you like to own? The pink Made In Heaven bomber angel vest, or the crimson Let Me Live valkyrie vest? For Leila: Is there a particular person you channeled from your life or from other media when playing Alexia?
September 29, 2017 at 11:04 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Yoke

I love that you manage to get these two back! I have nothing but dumb questions to embarrass me!

For Alyson Court: I cannot find the video so ignore this if my memory is B.S., I seem to recall a small clip going around a while back of you in a recording booth letting out a scream (don't think it had audio). Can you tell us what that was for? 

For Leila Johnson: To kiss ass for a moment. I re-listened to the last interview with you on CHE. Your voice, to me, is a prime example for what I imagine royalty would sound like. It's so elegant, is your voice always like this?

As a request, can she say "How now, brown cow?". I absolutely love it when people who I think have a amazing voice say something silly. Patrick Stewart being silly is honestly one of my favorite things lmao.

For both: Favorite horror movie? Anything special you two do for Halloween?

Resident Evil, to me, is all about facing and fighting your fears. Any fears you have or are in the process of conquering?

Which do you prefer voicing, heroes or villains?

For Leila Johnson, what are your plans to take over the world? For Alyson Court, how would you stop her plans to take over the world? Would you join her?

How did you two get so awesome? How's y'alls day?

Got anything coming out we should be looking out for?

September 30, 2017 at 4:40 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Gerald Dürden
Questions to Alyson Court: 1) What is your opinion about the personality and evolution of the character Claire Redfield along CODE: Veronica? 2) What is your opinion about the major focus of the game on interactions among characters and their emotions? 3) What do you think about the Redfields relationship and between Claire and Steve? 4) What would Claire Redfield think about the Ashford family? And about Rodrigo Juan Raval? 5) What could distinguish the Claire of CODE: Veronica to the Claire of Resident Evil 2?
--
September 30, 2017 at 5:48 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.