Crimson Head Elder Resident Evil website community

CRIMSON HEAD ELDER

Survival Horror Tome and Community

RESIDENTS FORUM

Forum Home > THE RACCOON PRESS > Tokyo Game Show 2017

BSAArklay

So with Tokyo Game Show 2017 fast approaching and alot of expectations on Capcom from the fans would suggest that this event may be a key insight into their future releases for the next year plus. Capcom have been known for announcing their content at this particular event more so than E3. Whether it be video games or CGI movies Resident Evil always seem's to make an apperance here.

The event takes place from the 21st-24th of September with the 21st-22nd being a buisness day (press confrences and panels) followed by the 23rd-24th being public day, open floor for gamers to play early access to games shown during the buisness days.

I guess the big question here for now is what can we expect? Or even what would you like to see? I think it would be a fair assessment to believe that Resident Evil 7's DLC Not a Hero would make an apperance, anything from a release date to even an announcement that the DLC has gone live. Capcom love to announce the live content drop's recently (Resident Evil 7 demo and Marvel Vs Capcom Demo).Considering this was originally given a Spring release date and it is now approaching the fall people are losing their paitence over this DLC and social media seem's to be having a field day with it. Personally I really am not bothered if it ever comes out and if it did I would rather they delay it as long as possible to make something worth while, but hey thats probably just me.

Other possible content? Perhaps a teaser trailer for Remake2 is not out of the question. Let's not forget that there is a title that has not yet been announced to the public so there is a potential for an exclusive reveal at TGS. Perhaps Revelations3, Outbreak HD, a 4th CGI movie or even news on the live action movies. With the potential for all of this I advise that people moderate their expectations as to avoid dissapointment. I have seen comments in the media from people basically stating that Capcom "owe us" new content at TGS which im my personal opinion is complete horse crap. They do not owe us anything and it is this sort of attitude that makes developers rush out projects that are not yet ready and should have spent longer in production. Just take a look at any topic posted on the official Resident Evil Facebook page for savage comments like "I don't care about this! Where is Remake2!" There is an old saying "Paitence is a vertue." Too many people view delays as this bad thing when it means they are improving the content for us and I fail to see how this is a bad thing?

--

"I've had enough of your bullshit! Your just another one of Umbrella's leftovers"

September 1, 2017 at 10:20 AM Flag Quote & Reply

USS Command

I wouldn't mind a port of Umbrella Corps to the Xbone. its on PC so the move wouldnt be hard. I also wouldnt mind a few 360 RE games becoming backwards compatable. like ORC or Code Veronica.

Back when i preordered RE7 on xbox, they mentioned a DLC with four levels called the short stories DLC along with the Band footage ones. I've not seen it listed or talked about after thegame was released so if its still, or ever was, a thing, I'd like to know more. Back when those renders leaked out, we saw a blonde women, a soldier, and a guy in a brown coat, none appear in game. So hopefully they'll be in the Short stories DLC.

--

"I'll take my Survival Horror like I take my men" - George Trevor, September 3, 2017 at 6:10 PM

“Great love springs from great knowledge of the beloved object and if you know it but a little, you will be able to love it only a little or not at all.” - Leonardo da Vinci

September 1, 2017 at 11:56 PM Flag Quote & Reply

SarahLy

Well naturally not a hero will be shown in length, with a teaser trailer(like 10 seconds) of the final dlc and a preview of RE2 remake, although i'm not sure at what capacity. They won't waste another year with no news at all regarding this title

--

September 2, 2017 at 2:03 PM Flag Quote & Reply

BSAArklay

I don't know if I can agree. Alot of people are expecting Remake 2 and I have a feeling they just aren't there yet. Of course I could be wrong but I am keeping my expectations low and I think that we may get Not a Hero and a new suprise title. If we do get anythign Remake2 could just be a teaser trailer with not much more than a logo.

--

"I've had enough of your bullshit! Your just another one of Umbrella's leftovers"

September 3, 2017 at 4:03 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Xarls

I'm willing to see something about the delayed "Not a Hero" as the RE7 ending left me really puzzled...and a short Revelations 3 teaser would be awesome.

--

The DEADPOOLEST Crimson Head Elder resident

September 3, 2017 at 5:15 PM Flag Quote & Reply

BSAArklay

Honestly I would much rather Revelations 3 something new that can push the series forward and establish a new story. Ignoring the fact that I wont trust current Capcom to touch any of the original content I fail to see what remaking a game nearly two decades old can do to push forward the series. I cannot call it a cash grab because so many people have asked for it however when the dust has settled and the inconsistencies and retcon's begin to show all I can imagine is a game that annoys alot of fans.

--

September 3, 2017 at 5:59 PM Flag Quote & Reply

TheOracleDragon

I would be thrilled to hear anything RE related, it certainly would be interesting to know what is coming up and maybe they'll reveal something that will stirr older fans to return to the series or even bring in new bloods to savor the thrills and disappointments. 

--

'The screams, the shouts, the pain, the nightmares...they'll never leave me, that asylum will never leave me...I suffer from it every passing night...what does Umbrella want of me?' - Shane Burns

September 4, 2017 at 2:25 PM Flag Quote & Reply

George Trevor
Site Owner

Great post, good to see Resident Evil 7 hasn't dampened your spirits for TGS news, but I don't think we are going to get anything significant, even after Capcom already broke cover with the RE7 DLC... expect a more narrative driven trailer but other than that, with little likelehood of a Resident Evil 2 trailer prior to the RE2 anniversary, I can see this being another TGS wash-out for Capcom.

--

Jessica... Lisa... Forgive me. May god justify my death in exchange for your safety.

September 5, 2017 at 5:39 PM Flag Quote & Reply

George Trevor
Site Owner

This is the result of Capcom delaying the Resident Evil 7 Not A Hero DLC for quality control. Ladies & Gentlemen I give you:

--

Jessica... Lisa... Forgive me. May god justify my death in exchange for your safety.

September 21, 2017 at 10:03 AM Flag Quote & Reply

SarahLy

This is really, really bad. Like it looks like a fan remake of Fallout 4 only with less guns, less monsters, and less fun. Even the Vault Tec door is there at 0:42. And like 0:52 and 1:34 we know know that the Joker is the villain of RE7!, how original :). And no to people who say "hey but this is free" no it's not free, RE7 is a 29.99$ game at best but i paid way more than that so in fact i'm still not getting my money's worth even with his dlc.

Like i don't care even care for the gameplay all that much as long as they fix the stupid "lore" of RE7, but still

--

September 21, 2017 at 1:22 PM Flag Quote & Reply

ResiEvilChic96
They are clearly going for more action in this one whereas End of Zoe will be more horror focused. Looks like Capcom is trying to balance the two to appease different fanbases. I still want to know where this might head with Chris.
September 21, 2017 at 5:19 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.