Crimson Head Elder Resident Evil website community

CRIMSON HEAD ELDER

Survival Horror Tome and Community

RESIDENTS FORUM

Forum Home > THE RACCOON PRESS > Resident Evil 2 Board Game

AvP Ryu

Resident Evil 2 will be adapted to board games

I'm already seeing monster prices for the pack ... You can leave your opinion of the topic, if you are happy to finally have a board game. Or this is another Cash Grab from capcom.

--

Computer geeks ....we’re not so easy to kill.

August 14, 2017 at 4:58 PM Flag Quote & Reply

USS Command
This doesn't look like it'll be any good in my opinion, I'm not a big fan of board games. Halo has done a lot of board games already, each adding on new story content, some is VERY important information to understanding the canon. Can I expect this from capcom? No. Honestly don't expect anything story related to be in it. But I'll still look out for some in the odd chance there's any to be found.
--

"I'll take my Survival Horror like I take my men" - George Trevor, September 3, 2017 at 6:10 PM

“Great love springs from great knowledge of the beloved object and if you know it but a little, you will be able to love it only a little or not at all.” - Leonardo da Vinci

August 14, 2017 at 6:15 PM Flag Quote & Reply

TheOracleDragon

Depending on what will be in it, it could be something for collectors to get, much like the card games that are RE based. I have all of the decks but one. Hopefully this board game will be worth while.

--

'The screams, the shouts, the pain, the nightmares...they'll never leave me, that asylum will never leave me...I suffer from it every passing night...what does Umbrella want of me?' - Shane Burns

August 14, 2017 at 6:30 PM Flag Quote & Reply

ResiEvilChic96

I can definitely see it as a collector's item. The setup of the game looks like a lot of work if its anything like the Mouse Trap game I had as a kid. Hopefully its not one of those deals once you set up all the pieces, you're tired and over wanting to play it by then!:D 
Now if they ever do a Monopoly RE Edition, I would have to get that.

August 14, 2017 at 9:38 PM Flag Quote & Reply

SarahLy

This will not be a collector's item, it's a kickstarter project. The creator of this game also had the kickstarter project of  the dark souls board game and they had like 30k backers, this is RE which is way more popular. Capcom is just giving the name to that company which makes the game and everything, they are not spending a $ here. 

Well the dark souls 3 board is LOADED with goodies, mostly due to strech goals, and it sure looksimpressive, here's an unboxing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEhwxRRueWs

The catch is that it cost 120$ and it's honestly a bad board game, but they had some nice ideas in there, so maybe this one will be great

--

August 15, 2017 at 12:40 AM Flag Quote & Reply

BSAArklay

If the price is right sure, be nice to own. I don't want to pay more than £50 for it considering I would probably never open it. So guess I will wait and see.

--

"I've had enough of your bullshit! Your just another one of Umbrella's leftovers"

August 15, 2017 at 8:05 AM Flag Quote & Reply

ResiEvilChic96

Kickstarter, whatever, I know some RE fans that will buy RE merch regardless. If people end up liking it, good for them. I'll stick with the games,action figures,and books for the timebeing. Like BSAArklay said, we will wait and see how all this turns out.

August 15, 2017 at 5:29 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Xarls

A board game sounds cool...I played some zombie board games and are quite fun (Zombie! Zombiecide...).

A zombie board game with RE2 scenarios, weapons, characters and creatures is something I'd really want to play.

--

The DEADPOOLEST Crimson Head Elder resident

September 3, 2017 at 5:17 PM Flag Quote & Reply

BSAArklay

http://geekandsundry.com/hands-on-with-resident-evil-2-the-board-game/

A hands on playthrough of the board game by Raf Cordero for geeksandsundry.com. Raf state's he has not played any Resident Evil games other than the original. He states that the game has a great amount of tension and plays different to other similar board game types. The game is mostly about the player working solo whereas other board games may have you working as a unit.The rules sound like an average dungeons sort of board game (I think). Rolling the dice to advance and evade whilst collecting inventory and progressing through the board. Sounds like a fun game to play with friends of the series especially with some alcohol. I maintain that I would purchase at the right price.

--

"I've had enough of your bullshit! Your just another one of Umbrella's leftovers"

September 5, 2017 at 4:52 PM Flag Quote & Reply

George Trevor
Site Owner

USS Command at August 14, 2017 at 6:15 PM

This doesn't look like it'll be any good in my opinion, I'm not a big fan of board games. Halo has done a lot of board games already, each adding on new story content, some is VERY important information to understanding the canon. Can I expect this from capcom? No. Honestly don't expect anything story related to be in it. But I'll still look out for some in the odd chance there's any to be found.

A little harsh as we've had nothing confirmed as definative and this is at a KickStarter stage. I for one have optamism that if the same production levels that I've seen with the GamesWorkshop board games based on Warhammer & Warhammer 40K, and there's been nothing that I have seen to suggest otherwise, then this will be a great collection peice and game to play.

--

Jessica... Lisa... Forgive me. May god justify my death in exchange for your safety.

September 5, 2017 at 5:26 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.