Crimson Head Elder Resident Evil website community

CRIMSON HEAD ELDER

Survival Horror Tome and Community

RESIDENTS FORUM

Forum Home > THE RACCOON PRESS > Resident Evil 8 development news

Albert Wesker 187

photo racpressforumbanner_sb3_zpsd8bd4mqq.jpg

Hello all Crimson Head Elder residents I found this article specifying that Jun Takeuchi already has plans for Resident Evil 8 and it seems that the series will continue with the same roots as Resident Evil 7 gameplay. He also suggests that the game will continue the survival horror aspect. I am really excited to hear that Capcom will contInue with the survival horror aspect. Here is the link to the article. Looking forward to hearing everyone's opinion about the future of Resident Evil.

--

"The only thing that can defeat power is more power. That is the one constant in this universe. However, there is no point in power if it consumes itself. I will enlist the help of an old friend against our common foe; I will use one pawn to eliminate the other, and emerge with the spoils for myself... "

April 17, 2017 at 2:18 PM Flag Quote & Reply

ResiEvilChic96
I was under the impression Jun said the next title would be different from 7: 'Plans for the next title are already in motion, and when you see that game you may find that it is very different from Resident Evil 7 in some ways.' He did say it would still continue on with survival-horror aspects to it though. Not sure if that means changing the 1st person camera or upping enemy variety. I do think they will look at what some of the stuff that didn't work for 7 and improve some things.
April 17, 2017 at 7:58 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Albert Wesker 187
Yeah you got that right I know Capcom is going to look at what fans did not like about Resident Evil 7 and correct it from their. Nonetheless, I am excited that Resident Evil 8 is in the works already hopefully they will release information on Resident Evil 8 in the next months, However, I wish Capcom would release information on the DLC for Resident Evil 7 that we have yet to hear any information about. Thus, now that I think about it spring does not end until June 20 so honestly speaking Capcom probably will not release the DLC until possibly early June or late May we will all see if they release a little information soon.
--

"The only thing that can defeat power is more power. That is the one constant in this universe. However, there is no point in power if it consumes itself. I will enlist the help of an old friend against our common foe; I will use one pawn to eliminate the other, and emerge with the spoils for myself... "

April 18, 2017 at 12:32 AM Flag Quote & Reply

ResiEvilChic96
I'm thinking they might release Not a Hero in the same week as the international release of Vendetta kind of like they did with releasing 7 in the same week with the release of The Final Chapter. I see some ppl speculating that 8 could be like RE2 with the locale being a city this time, much like re7 went back to an plantation house residence like RE1 took place in a mansion residence. 7 looks to be a like an origins story setting up some things for future titles much like re1 setted things up with Umbrella and Raccoon City.
April 18, 2017 at 10:52 AM Flag Quote & Reply

BSAArklay

I don't know if anyone has noticed but I haven't posted in a while. Kind of finding it hard to get involved latley especially when it concerns RE7 and Vendetta. Both projects that crushed my enthusiasm. Im finding it impossible to even be interested in the old school parts of the series. RE8? Already? I still havent recovered from my RE7 hangover. It's not really suprising though, video games like RE, Cod, Assassins Creed tend to go into pre production soon after the launch. Let's not forget it's their job They get paid to make games so its onto the next project. Doesn't mean we are going to see it anytime soon. I would imagine at least two years. I heard something about they want to return to third person. God I hope thats true and a greater emphasis on story. All I can really say right now.

--

"I've had enough of your bullshit! Your just another one of Umbrella's leftovers"

April 18, 2017 at 10:23 PM Flag Quote & Reply

ResiEvilChic96

I've noticed BSAArklay. A lot of the forums are not as busy and active as they used to be even with a new numbered title out, I get this feeling 7, while certainly not a flop,didn't really fire things up enough. I mean there is the dlc Not a Hero that supposed to be coming this spring but I just don't get that excited hype from some of the fanbase on it.
I too am hoping they put greater emphasis on the story and better character development for future titles. If they are using a new character as the protagonist for RE8, I do hope he or she has a better personality. No offense, Ethan just didn't do it for me.
They might go back to 3rd person since the VR thing seems to be waning down some now. I can see them using the VR in other projects tho. No doubt they'll still use the RE Engine, I heard it is versatile enough to be used in 3rd person as well.
I just hope they don't burn themselves out or stretch themselves too thin releasing RE projects annually and trying to tackle different themes or genres in each project.

April 18, 2017 at 11:42 PM Flag Quote & Reply

George Trevor
Site Owner

ResiEvilChic96 at April 17, 2017 at 7:58 PM

I was under the impression Jun said the next title would be different from 7: 'Plans for the next title are already in motion, and when you see that game you may find that it is very different from Resident Evil 7 in some ways.' He did say it would still continue on with survival-horror aspects to it though. Not sure if that means changing the 1st person camera or upping enemy variety. I do think they will look at what some of the stuff that didn't work for 7 and improve some things.

I think this quote on the RE7 Making of documentary was more of a teaser purposefuly let slip when the series is at a high compared to recent years. The 'difference' from RE7 I believe will be a full narrative change rather than gameplay, which I'm hopeful will continue with the return to genuine survival horror. But I do think it's a shame the protagonists of RE7 were such that they would offer little to any new title than could be achieved with a new set of characters, which I think we'll get.

--

Jessica... Lisa... Forgive me. May god justify my death in exchange for your safety.

April 20, 2017 at 5:01 PM Flag Quote & Reply

ResiEvilChic96

Still no actual sales figures but  #14 on there? I do hope we get better characters and better stories in the next titles though.

April 23, 2017 at 8:49 AM Flag Quote & Reply

SarahLy

Well Vendetta is basically Resident Evil 8 but without gameplay so there's that :). It looks very generic and while I like the resident evil characters i don't like them as superhero setting In regards to 7..It's funny how the only topic everywhere is "not a hero" ever since the game came out. I guess the when the gameplay, story, music, bosses are so bad people will cling to stupid topics. Re2 remake is the only hope but I'm expecting a DSC treatment and it's story is not stellar

April 23, 2017 at 12:18 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.