Crimson Head Elder Resident Evil website community

CRIMSON HEAD ELDER

Survival Horror Tome and Community

RESIDENTS FORUM

Forum Home > BIRKIN'S LABORATORY > Clancy's Timeline debate

BSAArklay

photo birkinlabbanner_sb3_zpsiput86gr.png

Ok so everytime I have presented this to someone I felt like maybe I wasnt explaining myself right and needed the use of visual aid so I will do that here. Clancy's timestamps on his videos are all over the damn place and it really annoys me how Capcom can make such an amateur mistake.

How can they possibly release material and claim it is 'canon' when it cannot possibly fit. Thank god that Daughters managed to get the date right because the rest of the DLC cannot be considered as canon material due to such a major discrepancy.

I paid £20 for a bunch of garbage with one story mode that actually fits. The rest is crap which I have no interest in playing ever again.If Clancy's videos can be considered canon and the rule here is it's a mistake which we should ignore then why not say the samething for ORC, The Marvel comic, The Book, Gaiden hell it is open season let's just throw the movies in as well.

So as you can see in the Derelict House video Clancy enters the Baker's guest house with the Sewer Gators on June 1st 2017 at 10:23 PM. He then explores the house is captured by Jack and handed over to Lucas to take part in the Birthday video.

Clancy dies at the end of this video which begins on June 2nd 2017 at 01:11 AM. Which means from the time Clancy entered the Baker's guest house until the time he started recording his last video he was at the Baker's plantation for 2 hours and 37 minutes. No problems there.

Here is where it all goes to shit. Ignore the date because it is simply irrelevant because we know Clancy was only there for 2 hours and 37 minutes and the only date change was at midnight from June 1st to June 2nd. So where the 3 comes from in the day section of the timestamp above is stupidity. So for this video to take place it needs to occur in between 10:23 PM and 01:11 AM. What is the timestamp for the '21' DLC video? Roughly 2:00 PM?? How? He was never at the Baker's home during this time!

Same as above only this time for the Bedroom DLC and the time is even further away. Roughly 04:50 PM. Nope doesn't fit.

For Nightmare DLC which IS in the banned footage section of the DLC which is consistantly the story related DLC. Now the timestamp has changed to 24 hour time and it takes places at between 20:00 PM to 24:00 PM. This one could actually fit. However, the DLC consists of Clancy surviving UNTIL DAWN. Which takes about 5 hours in the gameplay timer countdown. Clancy didnt make it past 01:11 Am. He was not in the entire Baker Planation for 5 hours let alone for one DLC story.

So to sum this shit up. Either Clancy entered the Baker plantation the day before his Sewer Gator buddies. Was captured by Jack played a friendly game or tag with the molded in the basement for 5 hours then escaped and was caught by Lucas played a lovley game of Blackjack then escaped again only to be caught by Marguerite and tied to a Bed which he AGAIN escaped from and then left the Baker's home met up with Sewer Gators and thought hey I won't say anything about what I just went through the last 24 hours. I really want this job I will just keep my mouth shut and film the show. Or Clancy was burnt to a crisp got up played kiss chase with the molded, a game of blackjack, visited Kathy Bates and then finally sat down in the chair where Ethan finds him in and thought ok now im done.

When I pay this sort of price for DLC and get false advertising yeah it pisses me off. Fix the fucking time stamp of take this shit and shove it up your ass Capcom.

--

"I've had enough of your bullshit! Your just another one of Umbrella's leftovers"

February 15, 2017 at 12:14 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Hunter Alpha

Don't forget the footage from the RE7 demo, which puts Clancy and Peter at a kitchen somewhere (doesn't seem to be either the guest house or at 11:40 PM. For the matter, I can't figure out where in any of the houses is this kitchen from the video. The Kitchen demo provides some additional angles, but isn't much help either, though it do shows that Peter did put some additional fight after being stabbed (on the other hand, Clancy seems to be killed at the end)

I'm also confused on why Clancy would be labeled as L in the victim list if he was dead already. Ethan arrives during the day, so Clancy should have already been captured AND killed. I'm inclined to think that the date from the Birthday video is the one that is wrong or needs to be changed.

As a random thought, what if the date of the birthday video was purposely changed to Jun 02 in order to match the actual birthdate of someone? Lastly, this wallpaper always caught my attention:

photo dinner_keyart_JPG_clean_1473869686_zpszzgavdjp.jpg

Does it imply that Andre was suppsoed to be alive longer in some early verison of the game, or perhaps he wasn't killed right away despite his "injury"?

February 16, 2017 at 4:08 PM Flag Quote & Reply

BSAArklay

I totally forgot about the Kitchen demo. That could fit however like you said there is no kitchen that matches the one in that demo. It resembles the one in Beginning Hour but there are alot of differences with the furniture. So it's just another inconsistency cluster fuck. What is their obsession with Clancy anyway? Travis sounded like a much better character to me based on his file. I would have loved to have seen a DLC featuring him and his partner Courtney. Or anyone else they kidnapped. Clancy gets 5 videotapes all crammed into 3 hours. Even if they got the times right it is impossible.

Yeah a simple fix of the Birthday video date would solve the whole problem although I doubt we will get it because nobody seem's to really care enough. At least not in the mass amount it would take for Capcom to go through the effort. That wallpaper is a mystery as well as the fact that there was no mention of the guy we played as in the demo and he actually escaped yet the Baker's didnt feel the need to mention it anywhere. It's a mess.

--

"I've had enough of your bullshit! Your just another one of Umbrella's leftovers"

February 16, 2017 at 8:53 PM Flag Quote & Reply

NEMESIS

Clancy was meant to survive the demo, which would be the canon ending and consequently in the main game Lucas marked him as Lost on his list.

--

STAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRS

February 24, 2017 at 4:35 PM Flag Quote & Reply

BSAArklay

NEMESIS at February 24, 2017 at 4:35 PM

Clancy was meant to survive the demo, which would be the canon ending and consequently in the main game Lucas marked him as Lost on his list.

Yeah Clancy always survives the demo, he is in the Derelict House tape and get's caught by Jack after finding Andre dead. Not really 100% what L stands for it could also be Lucas because after Jack catches Clancy he hands him over to Lucas.

--

February 24, 2017 at 5:39 PM Flag Quote & Reply

TheOracleDragon

I remeber CrimsonElder talking about this when he first played the DLC before any of us on the Xbox could and he pointed out those exact thoughts to us. You'd think Capcom would have kept it in proper lining with the events in the game, unless they only saw this as mini-game fun for players. But even so, I feel they shouldn't even had it set up as a tape intro for us to see, for it clearly reveals it is non-canon and can't fit in anywhere. 

My one thought, at first when told about the time being off, was that the camera footage date was changed on purpose if anyone were to find it, to have them puzzled how the events played out for the victim. Considering anyone can change the time stamp on video recorders to throw people off.

--

'The screams, the shouts, the pain, the nightmares...they'll never leave me, that asylum will never leave me...I suffer from it every passing night...what does Umbrella want of me?' - Shane Burns

February 28, 2017 at 6:35 PM Flag Quote & Reply

BSAArklay

Who is this CrimsonElder you speak of Oracle? He sounds like a very wise man I tell you that. What you are saying is true and is one of the only ways that any of this could be explained but until Capcom come out and give that reasoning then that theory is just an assumption. The facts are the time stamps and they are wrong. Also if it was the case that the Bakers or even Eveline manipulated the time stamps what would be the purpose? If someone found these tapes the proof is in the pudding so to speak a time inconsistency does nothing other than to confuse people.

I have given up on expecting a patch or explanation now and the community other than a one off mention at Biohaze and this thread refuse to even aknowledge it. I got berated on the official RE Facebook page for just pointing it out. I was told 'I only care about who this Redfield guy is what does a time descrepency matter?' Fortunatley for Capcom nowadays they can get away with this stuff. I cannot wait to see what happens with Remake 2 when Crimson Heads show up in the RPD and everyone thinks that is perfectly plausable.

--

February 28, 2017 at 7:35 PM Flag Quote & Reply

News Bot

It's possible Clancy's DLCs simply aren't meant to be canon, but he's a character the players are familiar with so he is used for the several mini-games.

March 1, 2017 at 8:48 AM Flag Quote & Reply

BSAArklay

The mini games fair enough I dont care but Bedroom DLC was advertised as STORY DLC. In other words Canon DLC. Yet it does not fit. Capcom even advertised it as story DLC on their Twitter when it was released.

--

March 1, 2017 at 10:52 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.