Crimson Head Elder Resident Evil website community

THE CRIMSON HEAD ELDER

Resident Evil Tome of Curiosities & Community
Podcast Interviews with the actors  &  developers of Resident Evil

RESIDENTS FORUM

Forum Home > BIRKIN'S LABORATORY > The timeline of Resident Evil 7

BSAArklay
Administrator

2000’s With the assistance of the H.C.F. an organization began developing a bioweapon to neutralise combatants with minimal contact

October 2nd 2014 Jack makes a note regarding the incoming storm

October 5th 2014 20:37 PM Mia tape 4 (Annabelle ship)

October 9th 2014 Jack makes a note regarding the damage caused by the storm and mentions a huge ship washed up in the Bayou

October 10th 2014 Jack goes to investigate the ship where he finds Mia and Eveline

October 11th 2014 Marguerite notes that her ears are ringing and she hasn’t been able to sleep since Eveline and Mia showed up

October 15th 2014 Marguerite writes about seeing/hearing things and having visited the doctor for an x-ray

October 23rd 2014 Eveline gives Marguerite a present (The D Series body)

October 2014 Marguerite hides the present

January 16th 2015 12:42 AM Lucas send’s an email regarding Eveline referencing the vaccine he was sent as well as Eveline’s lack of knowledge of her not having a hold over him

November 4th 2015 02:10 AM Lucas sends another email about locking up Mia and Eveline’s reaction to it

January 19th 2016 Alysha Ashcroft reports on Helen Midkiff having gone missing as well as twenty people in the South Louisiana area

September 1st 2016 Lucas sends one more email. He talks about Eveline kidnapping more people and her aging rapidly

June 1st 2017 22:23 PM Clancy video tape 1 (Sewer Gators)

Marguerite makes a note about moving a hippy to the processing area from the main hall

June 2nd 2017 01:11 AM Clancy video tape 3 (Birthday)

June 9th Newspaper report on the Sewer Gators having gone missing

July 18th 2017 23:04 PM Mia email’s Ethan her whereabouts

July 19th 2017 Resident Evil 7's events begin

July 19th 2017 21:28 PM Mia video tape 2 (Marguerite)

So here is all the dates I could gather from the game and it's files. As you can see this is an extremly shallow timeline consider this to RE5's timeline or even 6.

You do get a nice idea of how the events played out when all compiled into the specific order however like I said the quantity is quite under whelming. You could literally fit the lore of this game on the back of a napkin.

--

"I've had enough of your bullshit! Your just another one of Umbrella's leftovers"

February 6, 2017 at 3:29 PM Flag Quote & Reply

SarahLy

I'm not sure what else you could possibly want from the timeline. It's a very narrow game in scope to begin with and quite frankly the story is so basic and bare bones that it's needless to create a better timeline (and what's in there is for the super hardcore RE fans and to set up future games, anyway)

That being said, we will have a better, more detailed timeline by the end of 2017 after all the story dlc

February 6, 2017 at 3:44 PM Flag Quote & Reply

BSAArklay
Administrator

I hope you are right about the DLC but based on the first Banned Footage we recieved there is nothing in there that can add to the timeline and if there was it would be ruled out due to a timeline discrepency.

Off the top of my head how about some information with dates regarding Zoe? For exmple how she interacted with Eveline and why exactly she was an outcast to the rest of the family. Or some information on when exactly Eveline started to spread the mold, a file regarding when the Baker's plantation was built, Lucas's ineractions with David Anderson (the cop). Theres a million other things but you get the idea. Had we been given more information on the characters specifically the Baker's I might have actually felt something stronger when Jack meets Ethan in the hallucination and explains what Eveline did to them. All we get is from the time Eveline showed up until when Ethan showed up. Over 4 years of Eveline being at the Baker's consider how small the timeline above is. There was ample oppourtunity to build more of a story. RE5 was rich in story the most we have even been given and not for one second did I feel ah this is too much.

--

"I've had enough of your bullshit! Your just another one of Umbrella's leftovers"

February 6, 2017 at 3:54 PM Flag Quote & Reply

SarahLy

Hahahaha oh that moment when Ethan meets Jack in the hallucination...pure comedy. Think of Alexia Ashford, she has a tragic side that makes us feel for her, sure, but she's also maniacal, truly evil and unapologetic about it!, which make her AWESOME and we never feel sorry for her.In RE7 as it turns out the bakers are a bunch of loveable, kind hearted rednecks that got turned into monsters by a B.O.W that just wants to have her own family......yeah....i mean COME ON where's the EVIL?..i don't want to hate on some unknown organization who we never see and pity on every individual that's up against us!. it's like Capcom are saying "sorry we created the bakers and made them so wicked, here's a feel good redemption moment for everyone". Lame!

And you are correct with the first banned footage but we will have "daughters" soon, that's basically a lore dlc, and we still have that extra story episode(not "not a hero") left.

February 6, 2017 at 4:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

ResiEvilChic99

Thank you CrimsonElder for breaking down that timeline! I was just wondering why Jack had ordered renovations for a shadow-activated doorway in the main hall of the house. It took place in '92 I see. I don't know if I missed any further details on that but the Trevor name was kind of neat to see as an Easter Egg to George Trevor. But of course this would be a different Trevor considering George had long been dead. But still neat to see the name. 

February 8, 2017 at 10:46 PM Flag Quote & Reply

BSAArklay
Administrator

Thanks REChic glad you enjoyed. CC a site member here actually found an interesting connection with the dates above. Nov 10-30 in 1967 is when George Trevor completed the mansion and when Spencer killed the whole family. The same dates apply to the file above it is just the year that is different.

--

February 9, 2017 at 5:54 PM Flag Quote & Reply

CC

The timeline is a small, weird, chunk of time. A lot of people question why these events happened and why Lucas was an 'inside man' for the organization that developed Evie. Because so many people have said the storytelling is shite. There are discrepancies, yes, but I think it can be boiled down to one thing...

You are given a clue at the end of the game. The newspaper titles with the picture of the Baker Family. The paragraph that reads: "If the injections are skipped for prolonged periods of time the Product will age rapidly - 25 X's faster than normal. Eventually the Product will become insane and a danger to all around it. No tests have been run on subjects depriving them of maintenance chemicals for more than 6 months as the situation became too dangerous for observation...etc..."

This was the perfect test environment. The organization had to have known Evie's location. They cut a deal with Lucas and that is why he had the lab and the serum to avoid Evie's control. This was in exchange for the organization observing the long term effects of a Product being deprived of the maintenance chemicals. It's not unlike these bioweapon company's to sacrifice innocent civilians, families and their own operatives.

Mia's name on the list of infected, dead, etc. Mia was the prime objective to the Product. She was to be Evie's mother. They were waiting for that relationship to solidify. Possible data could be assessed from the completion of that. For instance maybe the Product with a firm relationship intact would evolve and surpass the need for the maintenance chemicals.

In short I think this games events were pretty much the collection of data. If someone else has another theory I would love to hear it, but that is my two cents worth.

On a side note: NEXBAS is a translation error. There was no NEXBAS. (Thanks to News Bot for spotting that.)

February 13, 2017 at 2:40 PM Flag Quote & Reply

BSAArklay
Administrator

You are kidding right? So pre 2014 (The last RE entry Heavenly Island) we have two pieces of information that added to the timeline and one of them was a mistranslation?? What was is supposed to translate as?

It is such an isolated game its just irrelevant right now. It is going to take a whole lot of work to make this game fit. Even RE6 had more ties to the past than this. I don't accept that 'this is an isolated story, its supposed to be this way.' Bullshit. RE1 was an isolated story and that still had a rich backstory. Trevor's notes, researcher files and the history of the virus.

So you are suggesting this was a purposeful leak for the means of combat data? It is possible. That would mean that they can easily aquire another E Series model. If that is the case it is an extremley isolated story. What is the end goal here though? In RE8 we take on a whole army of E Series BOW's as the BSAA? Interesting theory makes sense I just don't see where they can go from here with it.

--

February 13, 2017 at 5:17 PM Flag Quote & Reply

CC

The way I understand it is that H.C.F. is of course one of many rival company's to Umbrella. It is still unclear whether Albert Wesker built this company or was somehow a temporary head of the company. Again I think this is due to translation problems, but that is the tie in, the backstory right there. H.C.F. was in Code Veronica so they have been around for awhile and still during Umbrella's reign although they were faltering at that point because of Raccoon City. It is a continuation of certain factions, characters, and bio-weaponry. We'll have to wait for me. Perhaps the DLC will shed more light.

February 13, 2017 at 10:16 PM Flag Quote & Reply

ResiEvilChic99

Great find on the dates,the month and days, matching George Trevor's completion of the Spencer mansion and the sad fate of him and his family,CC. 
 I do agree  with you that the events of the game are pretty much collection of data. After all this is jumpstarting a newer arc,with tie ins from the series with HCF. 
With different teams changing on games, I just hope the story objectives remained more focused and not running all over the place. 
Makes me wonder how much of a role recurring characters will play in the main series to come.
Being that 7 continued on in real time with it taking place in 2017, 8 and 9 will likely follow the real time path as well with whatever year they come out in.

February 15, 2017 at 12:30 AM Flag Quote & Reply

CC

Just spoke to a couple Japanese players and it seems there is another issue with translation errors. 

The tanker transporting Eveline was not attacked. It was hit by a powerful hurricane. I don't know if that has been addressed yet. It is difficult keeping up with information and people's theories. I know we debated who or which organization 'attacked' the tanker, but it was infact a hurricane. And I guess we should have known from the memo of Jack's(?) I believe, where he talked about an incoming storm.

February 15, 2017 at 8:54 PM Flag Quote & Reply

BSAArklay
Administrator

CC at February 15, 2017 at 8:54 PM

Just spoke to a couple Japanese players and it seems there is another issue with translation errors. 

The tanker transporting Eveline was not attacked. It was hit by a powerful hurricane. I don't know if that has been addressed yet. It is difficult keeping up with information and people's theories. I know we debated who or which organization 'attacked' the tanker, but it was infact a hurricane. And I guess we should have known from the memo of Jack's(?) I believe, where he talked about an incoming storm.

I don't know if GT will recall but we spoke a few days before the review podcast and I suggested that it was the storm that hit the Annabelle tanker causing panic and chaos which seperated Eveline from Mia and Alan or from the serum that was used to keep her in control. Then when they couldn't find her to give her the serum or the serum to give to Eveline, then the shit hit the fan. Makes no sense that she would just spiral out of control for no reason. They missed a dose of her serum and she went crazy. Also yeah the files kind of back this theory up. Otherwise what is the whole point in the storms? They kind of make a big deal out of them and if this theory is not true then the storms serve no purpose.

I was sort of hoping that a rival company to Eveline's created attacked the Annabelle to try and snatch Eveline but there are no signs of combat damage. No bodies, bullets or anyone remotley resembling an assualt team.

--

February 15, 2017 at 11:07 PM Flag Quote & Reply

SarahLy

So the entire game happens because..random?. A random storm hits a random tanker and causes a human tragedy of epic proportions!!.(who is the dumbass bigwig at umbrella who authorized this journey?...going with such a precious cargo through a hurricane?, i  guess they never heard of  hurricane watch in the RE universe :))  So like it's not just a horror game but it also carries an important global environmental agenda!. Hear us, you filthy big and rich oil companies-secure your tankers!. Today it's oil, tomorrow it could be a...hmm.. lab grown b.o.w that ages rapidly and goes insane from not taking her serum and wants to have her own family. Haha :):)

February 16, 2017 at 3:41 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Alan Wenpei Mao

Hey guys, its been a while since I replied to any thread here.

Did any of you link your account to RE net to find more information like in Resident Evil 6? I was looking at the forums and no one is talking about information on RE net yet. I don't have the game yet so I can't look for information myself. :D

February 22, 2017 at 5:30 PM Flag Quote & Reply

News Bot

Should be noted that "NEXBAS" doesn't exist. Translator fan-fiction.

February 23, 2017 at 9:31 PM Flag Quote & Reply

BSAArklay
Administrator

Yeah CC mentioned that you reported this elsewhere. I should have edited my timeline. Where do they pull this stuff from and for what reason.

--

February 24, 2017 at 7:09 AM Flag Quote & Reply

NEMESIS

SarahLy at February 6, 2017 at 4:20 PM

Hahahaha oh that moment when Ethan meets Jack in the hallucination...pure comedy. Think of Alexia Ashford, she has a tragic side that makes us feel for her, sure, but she's also maniacal, truly evil and unapologetic about it!, which make her AWESOME and we never feel sorry for her.In RE7 as it turns out the bakers are a bunch of loveable, kind hearted rednecks that got turned into monsters by a B.O.W that just wants to have her own family......yeah....i mean COME ON where's the EVIL?..i don't want to hate on some unknown organization who we never see and pity on every individual that's up against us!. it's like Capcom are saying "sorry we created the bakers and made them so wicked, here's a feel good redemption moment for everyone". Lame!

And you are correct with the first banned footage but we will have "daughters" soon, that's basically a lore dlc, and we still have that extra story episode(not "not a hero") left.

Where is the comedy in that scene? There is an agenda in many of these posts of "let's see what else we can say about this turkey". You do realize that scene didnt happen? It's an emotive way to show us what the Baker's were like before Eveline got her claws into them. Its a scene with care and compasion, there is nothing comical about it.

--

STAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRS

February 24, 2017 at 2:19 PM Flag Quote & Reply

BSAArklay
Administrator

I think alot of the game is subjective. I found some things very funny whereas other people found them scary or creepy.

--

February 24, 2017 at 5:43 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.