Crimson Head Elder Resident Evil website community

CRIMSON HEAD ELDER

Survival Horror Tome and Community

RESIDENTS FORUM

Forum Home > THE SPENCER MANSION > Umbrella Chronicles 1 Translation

ChaoticClaire

As promised, I will take care of the translation of the German Umbrella Chronicles book(s). But some important things first:

You must know that I am taking over someone else’s work. Therefore, the style of the translation may be different in terms of vocabulary, tense, sentence structure, etc. I appreciate what the other translator did but personal style is a thing and it's unavoidable. I studied translating and interpreting for 3 years, however, I’m still a beginner – so I apologize in advance for any mistakes. I promise to do my best! My source is the original German version of “Umbrella Chronicles 1” and I will translate all the missing parts the former translator skipped. No idea when I will be able to finish it but working on it is a start... ;)

I'll keep you guys updated ^^

--

Made in Heaven

October 21, 2016 at 4:14 PM Flag Quote & Reply

ChaoticClaire

Oh, and what you must know: The German version is very low quality writing from what I can tell. I don’t know about the Japanese original but other RE books are definitely better written.

I try to make it sound better, but yeah… I can’t deviate from the original too much :/

So please keep in mind that it might sound weird because the source material is weird and not my translation/style ^^°

Thanks!!

--

Made in Heaven

October 21, 2016 at 4:42 PM Flag Quote & Reply

George Trevor
Site Owner

Belated thanks Claire for your wonderful contribution to our Translations section. We will be presenting your first class work soon on our page with the Umbrella Chronicles novels translations.

--

Jessica... Lisa... Forgive me. May god justify my death in exchange for your safety.

December 3, 2016 at 4:12 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Morpheus Duvall

Thank you dearly for your contribution - cant wait for this read!

--

Establishing a kingdom where beauty has absolute authority is the dream which I must make a reality.

December 3, 2016 at 4:16 PM Flag Quote & Reply

James Marcus

Waiting with baited breath Claire, don't keep us waiting too long :P

--

I will have my revenge on Umbrella!

December 18, 2016 at 3:56 PM Flag Quote & Reply

ChaoticClaire

Oh my god, I am so sorry guys ^^°

My life has been pretty hectic during the last few months... but I can promise you that I haven't abandoned the translation!!! I am still working on it, so don't worry - you'll get it eventually :)

--

Made in Heaven

March 3, 2017 at 6:42 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Albert Wesker 187

Translations can be very hard to do but the satisfaction you feel for translating something is an amazing feeling. Nevertheless, although your life has been hectic ChaoticClaire I am looking forward to reading your translations, and I want to thank you and I know the residents will appreciate the translations you have for us. Keep us informed and keep up the outstanding work.

--

"The only thing that can defeat power is more power. That is the one constant in this universe. However, there is no point in power if it consumes itself. I will enlist the help of an old friend against our common foe; I will use one pawn to eliminate the other, and emerge with the spoils for myself... "

March 3, 2017 at 7:10 AM Flag Quote & Reply

USS Command

Take your time Chaotic Claire! Well all be patiently waiting! 

--

"I'll take my Survival Horror like I take my men" - George Trevor, September 3, 2017 at 6:10 PM

“Great love springs from great knowledge of the beloved object and if you know it but a little, you will be able to love it only a little or not at all.” - Leonardo da Vinci

March 3, 2017 at 10:02 AM Flag Quote & Reply

BSAArklay
Really looking forward to this Chaotic Claire. Cannot wait to see the finished product. Thank you so much for taking this project on.
--

"I've had enough of your bullshit! Your just another one of Umbrella's leftovers"

March 3, 2017 at 10:35 AM Flag Quote & Reply

TheOracleDragon

Translations are always welcomed here and we all are thankful for them. Thank you for doing this for us. :D

--

'The screams, the shouts, the pain, the nightmares...they'll never leave me, that asylum will never leave me...I suffer from it every passing night...what does Umbrella want of me?' - Shane Burns

March 3, 2017 at 1:29 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Morpheus Duvall

ChaoticClaire at March 3, 2017 at 6:42 AM

My life has been pretty hectic during the last few months... but I can promise you that I haven't abandoned the translation!!! I am still working on it, so don't worry - you'll get it eventually :)

Well I was wondering what happened to this work - good to know it's still in the pipeline.

--

Establishing a kingdom where beauty has absolute authority is the dream which I must make a reality.

March 5, 2017 at 12:38 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Morpheus Duvall

ChaoticClaire at March 3, 2017 at 6:42 AM

Well I was wondering what happened to this work - good to know it's still in the pipeline.

--

March 5, 2017 at 12:38 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.