Crimson Head Elder Resident Evil website community

CRIMSON HEAD ELDER

Survival Horror Tome and Community

RESIDENTS FORUM

Forum Home > THE RACCOON PRESS > Resident Evil: Vendetta

ResiEvilChic96
Thanks a lot for this info BSAArklay!"They suggest that Chris sits on her bed so brazen and what are his ulterior motives." What did they mean by that? Lmao at "Mr. Kobayashi at least, would take place in 2010. Pre RE6? Mr Kobayashi, maybe spend more time checking that timeline and less time adoring over LeonĂ??s hair?" They sounded obsessed with Rebecca's looks, sure they weren't projecting themselves on her coworker Arlon?
July 15, 2017 at 8:46 PM Flag Quote & Reply

ResiEvilChic96

Here's a video interview with producers Kobayashi and takashi shimizu and director takanori tsujimoto:  http://comicbook.com/gaming/2017/07/30/resident-evil-vendetta-creators-talk-future-cgi-film-plans
They were talking about things they'd like to see in future cgi films. Tsujimoto said this "This time it was more Chris' story, and the buddy movie with Leon worked well, but Leon was sort of a side character. Next time I'd like to do Leon as the lead and Chris as the side character in another buddy movie.”
So he wants to see Leon and Chris working together again if he's directing I guess. Now Mamoru Oshii stated back that he would like a female cast with Jill and the possibility of Helena if he were offered to direct the next film. Nothing is set in stone at the moment as to how the next film will go but Jill better be in it. Claire,Ada,and Rebecca have been in them. Jill is the only established female character of the series to have not been in a cgi film yet. 

July 30, 2017 at 11:50 PM Flag Quote & Reply

BSAArklay

I would make rather see a Jill and Helena movie but so long as Kobayashi is attached to the project it wont matter. Prepare for more Leon.

--

"I've had enough of your bullshit! Your just another one of Umbrella's leftovers"

July 31, 2017 at 2:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Xarls

I really liked the movie, I think it gets a bit boring towards the middle, specially with that scene with Arias and Rebecca (trying to avoid spoilers) but the eding was worth the wait., and both Leon and Chris have time to shine.

It's a pity we didn't get to see Jill but it's a matter of time.

--

The DEADPOOLEST Crimson Head Elder resident

September 3, 2017 at 5:23 PM Flag Quote & Reply

BSAArklay

The movie hasn't been kindly recieved from what I can see. I think it would be deemed average at best. I quite enjoyed it right up until the facts began to like about Kobayashi's involvement and what the movie could have been. I guess that's Resident Evil tradition though.

--

"I've had enough of your bullshit! Your just another one of Umbrella's leftovers"

September 3, 2017 at 6:01 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Bandage131

I wasn't too happy with the film. "It's better than the live-action films" is the best compliment I can give it, and that's saying almost nothing. The visuals are a step up from the previous films (which were already fantastic to begin with) and the acting's a tiny bit better, but the story was just horrible. To say that Resident Evil 6 progressed the series further means something.

I'm hoping that Capcom gets better scriptwriters in for the next CGI film, as I'm almost certain there will be another down the line. The fact that this film didn't even have the tenuous connection to 7 that the previous two had to 5 and 6 is just a disappointment. A giant bioterror attack in New York City and several minor outbreaks all around the Great Lakes and not one off-hand mention of them in 7?

Hopefully the next CGI film is better. Damnation is still the best film in my opinion (I know Degeneration is held in higher regard by most). I don't want the CGI films to start deteriorating in quality to the point where I'm looking forward to watching Paul Anderson's filth.

September 4, 2017 at 10:51 AM Flag Quote & Reply

BSAArklay

I actually found the voice actor for Chris Redfield to be very average, I don't think he displayed the emotions particulary well. Maybe it just comes with the territory when someones steps into the shoes of Roger Craig Smith but I felt he had one of the weakest performances in the movie. Especially from the main cast.

I don't think it was the writers fault to be honest. Listening to the commentary track on the Blu-Ray extras the writers actually wanted to make a movie more like the opening 10 minutes. Much more gore, tension and atmosphere. However when Kobayashi got involved he basically did what a producer does best and inserted a bunch of crap. The best way forward for those movies and the games is to remove this man from the development. He clearly has a biased viewpoint. Leon and action are his favourite elements however most people are sick of Leon and want more horror, it is just selfish and foolish on his and Capcom's part to go against the grain just because of one individual who obviously has gained too much influence in the series. At least that's my viewpoint on all this.

--

September 4, 2017 at 2:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

TheOracleDragon

I really wished it went more with what was happening at the mansion, it was really relaxing feeling the tension in there. The searching of the rooms, the zombies, the feel of a classic. Afterwards, apart from the time with Rebecca, it felt slightly rushed, the action moments were a bit too much for me. I did like the fight on the rooftop and the Tyrant battle, could have gone more with that interaction, all in all, I did enjoy it.

Just hope the next one will take its time and focus on story than constant action.

--

'The screams, the shouts, the pain, the nightmares...they'll never leave me, that asylum will never leave me...I suffer from it every passing night...what does Umbrella want of me?' - Shane Burns

September 4, 2017 at 2:42 PM Flag Quote & Reply

BSAArklay

That mansion scene was even longer during the concept stage OracleDragon. Apparently they cut it down quite significantly as it was only supposed to be a quick brief intro to the movie yet the writer ended up writing a very lengthy sequence. The writers wanted horror and Kobayashi wanted action, they agreed to split the movie 50/50 yet the horror only lasts for the first 10 minutes. Not exactly 50/50 is it?

--

September 4, 2017 at 2:53 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Xarls

The mansion part was really enjoyable...I wish it had ended up lasting longer.

--

September 4, 2017 at 3:24 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Bandage131

The mansion part was definitely the best. If only Capcom would listen to their fans, we'd get more films like that.

September 4, 2017 at 5:11 PM Flag Quote & Reply

BSAArklay

That's the problem they don't listen to the fans. Remake2 for example, the fans were demanding Alyson Court and they announce no Alyson Court. Fans want fixed camera angles, they announce there will not be fixed camera angles in Remake2. It's almost like they are purposley going against the grain. Fans were excited for a CGI horror movie they even brought in the creator of the Grudge to help make the film scary yet Kobayashi wants action so thats what we get. I guess we just have to enjoy whatever it is they throw at us and not expect anything from them because you will only be dissapointed.

--

September 4, 2017 at 9:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

SarahLy

There's a movie called Vendetta?!..ah that 4/10 boring film with Leon and Chris in it..yeah okay. But fear not, this is a Wonder Woman dominated world, so expect Claire+Jill+whoever to star in the next film not to mention female hero in RE8 and maybe the final dlc of 7 too

--

September 5, 2017 at 2:40 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Bandage131

If the series hadn't always had a slant toward the female characters (Jill and Claire were the easiest characters in 1 and 2, Jill's the main in 3, Claire's the majority of CVX), then a female-dominated future of the series would greatly seem like pandering to the feminists, but, seriously, women have been important to the franchise since 1996.

Plus, I'd love to see Jill and Claire in the same something for once.

September 5, 2017 at 8:16 AM Flag Quote & Reply

BSAArklay

Big thanks to Birkin William for the scans and Newsbot for translating. Here is a translation on the Silver Dagger BSAA unit that features in Vendetta from the Vendetta Phamplet

Team: Silver Dagger

Silver Dagger is an elite unit within the BSAA. Unlike normal anti-bioterror units, Silver Dagger was formed to conduct more long-term and intelligence-based tasks. Its main duty is pursuit and monitoring of individuals responsible for bioterrorism as well as extralegal information gathering. And if the evidence they collect suggests some sort of massacre or mass destruction plan, they operate as an emergency rapid response force.

--

September 18, 2017 at 2:50 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Xarls

I wish the movie had lasted like 15 minutes more so we get a bit more of character development, a wasted chance in my oppinion.

--

September 18, 2017 at 6:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

ResiEvilChic96

I think in the commentary they were discussing how difficult it is to scare ppl with cgi animation. Reminds me of The Haunting remake, the cgi stuff in there killed the horror aspect for me. But they don't need to go nuts with the explosions either. A solid story needs to be there in the next film. This one felt too choppy.
Not sure how "feminist" the next one will be considering Kobayashi wants Leon in another one. He'd probably want Leon to lead and blame Vendetta for not surpassing Damnation's totals in Japan b/c the story was more Chris' story and not so much Leon's.

September 18, 2017 at 10:05 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.