Crimson Head Elder Resident Evil website community

THE CRIMSON HEAD ELDER

Resident Evil Tome of Curiosities & Community
Podcast Interviews with the actors  &  developers of Resident Evil

RESIDENTS FORUM

Forum Home > THE RACCOON PRESS > Resident Evil: Vendetta

GEORGE TREVOR
Site Owner

Thanks for the update ResiEvilChic99, I saw on twitter Orion Acaba‏ @orionacaba announce that he's working with Matthew Mercer on Vendetta.

Check out this behind the scenes sneak peek: 

--

Jessica... Lisa... Forgive me. May god justify my death in exchange for your safety.

March 22, 2017 at 11:47 AM Flag Quote & Reply

TheOracleDragon
Administrator

I hope to get this on DVD for my collection, hopefully it'll explain some things and show us more goodies that lead up to RE7.

--

'The screams, the shouts, the pain, the nightmares...they'll never leave me, that asylum will never leave me...I suffer from it every passing night...what does Umbrella want of me?' - Shane Burns

March 22, 2017 at 8:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

ResiEvilChic99

Famitsu has an updated piece on Vendetta with some new characters on Chris' BSAA Silver Dagger team. Further details with transltion of the biographies in the CHE news page

And here are some images of the newbies:

D.C

April 10, 2017 at 9:29 AM Flag Quote & Reply

ResiEvilChic99

Nadia

Damian

April 10, 2017 at 9:36 AM Flag Quote & Reply

GEORGE TREVOR
Site Owner

SarahLy at September 18, 2016 at 4:37 PM

The new trailer looks cheesy but the good resident evil cheesy, i think they learned from the mistakes they made before.

then again.. capcom knows how to create the most awesome trailers only to..well..:roll:. But i have a good feeling about this one

The main trailer has serioulsy dented my initial enthusiasm & excitement. The mansion area aside, the scenes were straight out of a Paul Anderson deposit of shit. It's wonderful to have these CGI films to hold up as canon above Anderson's horrendous garbage, which is why the last Vendetta trailer disapointed me even more. Most the significant plot points including the fate of the main antagonist have been thoughtlessly, selfishly revealed, in a big "fuck you" to any serious minded fan who looks for just a little more in this series than a zombie version of The Fast and the Furious. I hate to say it but this film looks damned to be an Anderson shite fest GGI clone from what that trailer revealed.

The official Japanese website for Biohazard Vendetta was updated this week with further antagonist details & character biograhies. Details and translation can be found on our Raccoon Press news page

photo 007_zpslupmw9gd.jpg

--

Jessica... Lisa... Forgive me. May god justify my death in exchange for your safety.

April 16, 2017 at 5:49 AM Flag Quote & Reply

ResiEvilChic99

GEORGE TREVOR at April 16, 2017 at 5:49 AM

SarahLy at September 18, 2016 at 4:37 PM

The new trailer looks cheesy but the good resident evil cheesy, i think they learned from the mistakes they made before.

then again.. capcom knows how to create the most awesome trailers only to..well..:roll:. But i have a good feeling about this one

The main trailer has serioulsy dented my initial enthusiasm & excitement. The mansion area aside, the scenes were straight out of a Paul Anderson deposit of shit. It's wonderful to have these CGI films to hold up as canon above Anderson's horrendous garbage, which is why the last Vendetta trailer disapointed me even more. Most the significant plot points including the fate of the main antagonist have been thoughtlessly, selfishly revealed, in a big "fuck you" to any serious minded fan who looks for just a little more in this series than a zombie version of The Fast and the Furious. I hate to say it but this film looks damned to be an Anderson shite fest GGI clone from what that trailer revealed.

The official Japanese website for Biohazard Vendetta was updated this week with further antagonist details & character biograhies. Details and translation can be found on our Raccoon Press news page

photo 007_zpslupmw9gd.jpg

Sadly I have to agree. The more info I see,including the trailers,the less I am becoming enthused about it. We pretty much have an idea what'll happen to the main villain. I think most are hoping there'll be some big connection to 7 and the Not a Hero DLC, but this film is looking more and more self-contained. We may see a small ref or something like the previous cgi films have had before but nothing big.
However, I am curious about the timeline, I mean we know it's post 6 but before 7 but no exact date and year has been revealed yet. The timeline could be a factor to some things or not. I'll leave it at that.

April 16, 2017 at 8:51 AM Flag Quote & Reply

SarahLy
Another blonde villainess..leave blondes alone already brunettes are far more wicked
--

April 16, 2017 at 11:18 AM Flag Quote & Reply

ResiEvilChic99
George Trevor, I think Kobayashi worked as an associate producer on the Anderson films. Might be why you are seeing some similarities there. To me the cgi films still beat those films. I still plan on seeing on Vendetta.The Final Chapter,however,not so much.
April 17, 2017 at 8:12 PM Flag Quote & Reply

ResiEvilChic99

Capcom and their advertising

April 25, 2017 at 7:04 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Yoke

*sees Rebecca* oh my!

April 25, 2017 at 8:07 PM Flag Quote & Reply

ResiEvilChic99

saw an early review of Vendetta on reddit that had a link to animenow! It's non-spoilery according to reddit but the reviewer does bring up a little more on Leon's involvement in the plot and how the film starts off with Chris and his men headed for the mansion just like the trailer shows and the reviewer's general opinion on the film. So just putting that WARNING there in case and here's the link if you wish to read more: http://www.anime-now.com/entry/2017/04/30/230001.

April 30, 2017 at 4:31 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Bl00dy3y3

This movie had me hopeful at first. From the original teaser. The recent onslaught of Pics, Interviews, Trailers, and Clips have deflated my hope for a somewhat decent survival horror film. Seeing this Anderson style Garbage, from That horrid hallway fight against the 'Zombies' too another wanna be Wesker, Trish from DMC, Bane from Batman, the Jurassic World scene with the Cerberus that are so heavy they can cave in a SUV's roof by sheer mass alone, Rebecca apparently having never grown up from being that 18 yr old wunderkind (whom also never dressed in anything than her S.T.A.R.S. gear for the last 18 years) only to become the damsel in distress. I am not enthused to say the least. It was like they took everything wrong with the Franchise recently and amped it up to 11. SMDH.

May 7, 2017 at 9:12 AM Flag Quote & Reply

SarahLy

Ah so according to the new trailer Diego is bane from Batman. I mean okay, another stolen idea haha.  My guess would be the main baddie escapes via helicopter, Maria or whatever her name is gets arrested and Diego becomes this monster we see in the trailer and dies naturally. In a post credit scene someone will kidnap Chris - fade to black, with lots and lots and lots of dead zombies and "classic horror(?)" moments in the middle.

Like, this is basically Resident Evil 8 but without gameplay.

May 7, 2017 at 1:55 PM Flag Quote & Reply

GEORGE TREVOR
Site Owner

Bl00dy3y3 at May 7, 2017 at 9:12 AM

This movie had me hopeful at first. From the original teaser. The recent onslaught of Pics, Interviews, Trailers, and Clips have deflated my hope for a somewhat decent survival horror film. Seeing this Anderson style Garbage, from That horrid hallway fight against the 'Zombies' too another wanna be Wesker, Trish from DMC, Bane from Batman, the Jurassic World scene with the Cerberus that are so heavy they can cave in a SUV's roof by sheer mass alone, Rebecca apparently having never grown up from being that 18 yr old wunderkind (whom also never dressed in anything than her S.T.A.R.S. gear for the last 18 years) only to become the damsel in distress. I am not enthused to say the least. It was like they took everything wrong with the Franchise recently and amped it up to 11. SMDH.

Sadly I couldn't agree more with this, and the last line by Bl00dy3y3 considerably sums up the whole sorry state for me. Judging by the latest and presumably final trailer, the survival horror we saw fleetingly during the premiere, more promising trailer has all but vanished, burried deep under a pile of explosive fast & furious rubbish:

--

May 7, 2017 at 6:32 PM Flag Quote & Reply

ResiEvilChic99

I heard supposedly that one of the filmmakers wanted to show Leon's childhood in the film but it got passed over. The filmaker is still hopeful about seeing it done in the future if they do another film I guess. But eh. Leon has already been in the previous 2 films and this one, i hope he sits out on the next one. Of course Chris has been in a ton of RE stuff lately but I doubt they'll let these films be done without  one of them headlining it.
This one just doesn't seem to have me totally hyped, though seeing Rebecca in a lab coat and putting her genius skills to use has been my favorite part of all this.

May 7, 2017 at 9:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.