Crimson Head Elder Resident Evil website community

CRIMSON HEAD ELDER

Survival Horror Tome and Community

RESIDENTS FORUM

Forum Home > BIRKIN'S LABORATORY > Resident Evil Curiosities

ResiEvilChic96

"The concept art for Revelations show Jill wearing a pair of goggles called "Hyper Scanner" this device is an early idea of the "Genesis" However it seems RE6 used this idea. In Chris's campaign when you first encounter the cocoon things, a BSAA Soldier has his hands on the side of his head and says his picking up life signs."

I totally forgot about jill wearing those goggles in the concept art of Rev1 and then seeing it used in 6. I do like it when they recycle concepts like this and use them in later games in similar fashion. Were Rev1 and 6 in development about the same time?

September 12, 2017 at 11:04 PM Flag Quote & Reply

USS Command

I say they were. Development on the next installment is normally started after one finishes and REV1 isn’t a numbered game so it'd would have it's own team. Someone may have spoken with someone and the idea got used in some form.

Anyway, the Hyper Scanner has its own model in REV1. A moder found it, along with the RE4 Mine thrower, and what looks like a crimson head.

--

"I'll take my Survival Horror like I take my men" - George Trevor, September 3, 2017 at 6:10 PM

“Great love springs from great knowledge of the beloved object and if you know it but a little, you will be able to love it only a little or not at all.” - Leonardo da Vinci

September 13, 2017 at 10:33 AM Flag Quote & Reply

ResiEvilChic96

USS Command at September 13, 2017 at 10:33 AM

I say they were. Development on the next installment is normally started after one finishes and REV1 isn’t a numbered game so it'd would have it's own team. Someone may have spoken with someone and the idea got used in some form.

Anyway, the Hyper Scanner has its own model in REV1. A moder found it, along with the RE4 Mine thrower, and what looks like a crimson head.

Oh cool, thanks for putting in the pic of it. WIth the different teams working the main and rev series, wonder when we can expect a Rev 3. The more games, the more curiosities! 

September 14, 2017 at 10:25 PM Flag Quote & Reply

USS Command

Some RE6 stuff.

Shortly after starting Leon's campaign, you'll come to a room where Leon mentions “it's here too…” there's two dead guys with white shirts, one is on the ground with black pants and one is setting at a desk with brown pants. The one on the ground has blood coming from his chest and mouth. The one at the desk has a gun, same model that Leon uses, by his feet in a small pool of blood as if he dropped it. Blood is also splattered on the window and floor near by. I believe brown pants shoot black pants for some reason. Either they were infected and he killed this man and himself (as a possible nod to REmake maybe). Or he killed someone who he mistook for a zombie and couldn't live with it.

Also this could originally have been where Leon got his second handgun.

The elevator has five floors, or Four depending on if you're counting the parking garage.

A poster reads “President Adam Benford. Victory or Death”

Another reads “President Adam Benford. Our Nation’s Future The Youth of America.” Follows by “President Adam Benford will be delivering a speech to America's Students. Arrival(?) This Saturday April 18th(?).” The rest is unreadable but I can make out “live”

A garbage can reads “000-00000”

In the kitchen a brand called “Bloom” has boxes of “Apple Pie” “Chicken Nugget” and “Potato.”

Simon's Guitar Strings, also a store in Dead Rising, is a type of wine. “Thirty” and “Azar Graxy” is also a type of wine. "Connoc" is a type of Shampang.

The types of Coffee called European Blend, Italy's Roast Blend, Orland Blend Coffee, Soft Blend Coffee, French Roast Espresso Mild, and Mocha Java Blend are in the kitchen.

For an university they have one hell of a rat problem.

The guy looking for his daughter looks similar to the guy on some of the photos hanging around. I say they are the same cause he does work there.

There's two doors with Chinese on them in the basement.

The soda machine is either named “Frozen Dreams” or its the soda company it houses or both. The names of soda it has are Grape Soda, Splash(comes in Green and pink cans), Power Charge, Dash, Lemon Pop, Good, Spark Ginger. Also cans are laying around that reads “Ment Tea” “Spark” “Criantal Sour” “Strange 100” and “Tough”

There's a brand of what looks like office paper called “Strong Man” and “Bboy Balance”

The First Aid Spray in RE6 is distributed by the “National Resuscitation Council.” which is a real thing. The Motto of the First Aid is “Protect Your Life.” It’s fine print says “Single Use Only.” “Resuscitation” is written on top of the white cross sign and “Life Save”

Street names in Tall Oaks includes: Tall Oaks, Lacky, Sizemore.

Reichwein is written on boxes scattered around Tall Oaks.

A dumpster reads, Waste Services wonqer3

Colombian Roastmasters Cafe from Dead Rising appears in Tall Oaks.

ci della Forchetta (Translates to “There the Fork”) is an Italian restaurant in Tall Oaks.

Remy Raymond is another business you walk by.

The Big Plate is a restaurant whose logo is a big cheeseburger.

Modern Red is the bar you go into in Tall Oaks. Inside, a banner for L Breeze is hanging around the bar.

Some of the brands of alcohol seen there are, GAY, Vodaka 723, Branday, Yam Head, Na23, and Scaol 3 Whiskey.

The crashed school bus is number 39. The following code, 0S7020 is also seen on it.

I know its said that the BSAA isn't allowed in America during the RE6 time frame, but IF they where, we'd get heavily armored black uniform variant along with a red uniform.

--

"I'll take my Survival Horror like I take my men" - George Trevor, September 3, 2017 at 6:10 PM

“Great love springs from great knowledge of the beloved object and if you know it but a little, you will be able to love it only a little or not at all.” - Leonardo da Vinci

September 15, 2017 at 4:03 PM Flag Quote & Reply

BSAArklay

More great work USSCommand. We spoke about the date April 18th which was prior to the events in Tall Oaks in June so I guess that live speech must have been a different ocassion.

Perhaps the rats are attracted to the stentch caused due to the outbreak?

The first observation was very nice I will keep an eye out for it on my next playthrough.

--

"I've had enough of your bullshit! Your just another one of Umbrella's leftovers"

September 15, 2017 at 4:25 PM Flag Quote & Reply

ResiEvilChic96

"For an university they have one hell of a rat problem"
My middle school had a huge problem with rats, so that brought up some funny memories. Seriously, a row of students lifting their feets as a rat ran underneath our desks and chairs.

"Simon's Guitar Strings, also a store in Dead Rising, is a type of wine."
"Colombian Roastmasters Cafe from Dead Rising appears in Tall Oaks"
More Dead Rising easter eggs, nice!

"I know its said that the BSAA isn't allowed in America during the RE6 time frame, but IF they where, we'd get heavily armored black uniform variant along with a red uniform."
That's interesting to note.

September 18, 2017 at 11:29 AM Flag Quote & Reply

USS Command

I have a private project i'm working on so I decided to take some stuff from it.

Ammo Brands/Names with a game, I just didnt want to list each game its from, they came from.

Handguns

Parabellum: 9mm [RE0]

Tony’s Arms: 9mm [RE2]

Black Trurus: 9mm (Enhanced ammo) [RE3]

Luger: 9mm. [Survivor]

American Wolf: 9mm. [CV]

Red Hawk: 9mm. [RE4]

Redwing: 9mm. [RE6]

Swan: 9mm. [Dead Aim]

Reds: .454 [RE0]

Ballistics: .45 [RE4]

Infinite Z Mighty: .50 [RE4]

Kendo Gunshop Ammunition: 9mm [ORC]

Bullets: 9mm. [ORC]

Extreme Imperial: .50 [RE6]

Federal: .38 [Outbreak]

Federal Parabellum: .44 [Outbreak]

Nighing Ren: .45 [Outbreak]

Critical Bullet: .500 [RE6]

J.P.: .44 [RE7]

S BULLET: .357 [RE1DC]

Ammunition Maximum Standard: 9mm. [RE7]

Sub/Machine guns

Jackal: 9mm SMG [RE4]

Blue Tracker: 5.56mm [RE6]

Ammunition Maximum Standard: .40 [RE7]

Shotguns

Jmerica: 12 gage. (enhanced ammo) [RE3]

Apollo: 12 gage. [Outbreak]

Heavy Field: 12 gage [RE4]

Target Shot: 10 gage [RE6]

Steel Boy: 12 [RE7]

Sniper Rifles

Dragonfly: .223 [RE4]

XZ Shooter: 12.7mm [RE6]

New Trap Best Quality: 7.62 [RE6]

About Reds, the box has two Companies on its box, REDS Gun Company which is said to be around since 1875, and Superfly, also abbreviated simply as “SF”, which has been around at least since 1996.Their logo is the fly that is seen on the REDS ammo box. There's a real company called Superfly and its a New York-based marketing company founded in 1996 in New Orleans. I'm asuming they MAY have worked with capcom and thus they made a easter egg for them.

EDIT:

So on the old PU Observation thread they found that the Transfer Instructions in the cut scene was differant. Here's what they could make out:

"N.****-**

COURT ORDER FOR TRASPORTATION

PRISONER ID: D-1036

NAME: Coen, Billy

HEIGHT: 5ft. 9in.

WEIGHT: 163 lbs.

Unit: Marine Special Task Forces

ALLEGATION:

Fisrt-degree murder

SENTENCE:

Death by Injection on July 22nd

ORDERS:

Prisoner is to be transferred to the Regarthon base for

execution. Due to the fact that the transport will travel

through the Arklay mountain, extreme caution is recomended.

Prisoner is considered to be completely insane and furthermore

exceptionally dangerous.

********* ** *******:

Dunell Marine Base

******* ****** ******"

And here's my shot at it.
"No.????-430

COURT ORDER FOR TRASPORTATION

PRISONER ID: D-1036

NAME: Coen, Billy

HEIGHT: 5ft. 9in.

WEIGHT: 163 lbs.

Unit: Marine Special Task Forces

ALLEGATION:

Fisrt-degree murder

SENTENCE:

Death by Injection on July 22nd

ORDERS:

Prisoner is to be transferred to the Regarthon base for

execution. Due to the fact that the transport will travel

through the Arklay mountain, extreme caution is recomended.

Prisoner is considered to be completely insane and furthermore

exceptionally dangerous.

Signature Of Release:

Dunell Marine Base

Michal Samuel Regan"

--

September 18, 2017 at 11:37 AM Flag Quote & Reply

ResiEvilChic96

"There's a real company called Superfly and its a New York-based marketing company founded in 1996 in New Orleans. I'm asuming they MAY have worked with capcom and thus they made a easter egg for them."
Well that's pretty neat. I will say my favorite weapon in this series is still the colt python. The other weapons in the series are pretty cool but I always come back to the colt python being my absolute fave. 
Although I gotta say Barry's 44 magnum sure is pretty.

September 18, 2017 at 9:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.