THE CRIMSON HEAD ELDER

Resident Evil Tome of Curiosities & Community
Podcast Interviews with the actors  &  developers of Resident Evil

RESIDENTS FORUM

Forum Home > BIRKIN'S LABORATORY > Resident Evil observations

USS Command
Administrator

Operation Raccoon City:

Both the Raccoon City Pride parade and Raccoon City Annual Fair was going on when the Outbreak started. Named Places of business:

777 RC Radio: from Umbrella Chronicles

Radio Raccoon 112.5 FM: Casper Devere host from the ARG

Raccoon City Sewers Dept: from the ARG

Raccoon City News Network: "RCNN" also a video camera with Channel 7 Mobile 08 is in the game.

The Raccoon General hospital is named "Raccoon City Medical Center" on some of the boards in game. The moto is "A Safe and Healthy Workplace" it has 6 floors Helicopter pad on the 3rd floor. It's mascot is Doc Rock a raccoon with a white mustache. October 26th is Heath Day From 9:30-11:30. [This isn't always the case but Medical Centers and Hospitals can be different locations, another missed opportunity I think.] Also a nice little detail, if you shoot the logo of the hospital outside, there are light bulbs underneath the glass logo that can be individually shot.

Raccoon City Tattoo: is on Ennerdale Street from the ARG

Raccoon Building

Motel Dere

Fillmore Elementary: "The Future Starts Here" Mrs. Everest was a teacher here. From ARG

Raccoon Hotel

Raccoon House: sails Corned beef and the best hotdogs in town.

New Public Meats: "Quality meats & Cold Cuts since 1980"

Jacleyn's Meat Market: "Deli meats. Super Tasty Submarines: Corn Beef Roast beef."

Raccoon City Taxi: Day 3$ Night 4$ plus 30 cents per minute/quarter mile.

Raccoon City Link: A bus company in Raccoon City

Raccoon Grocery

Raccoon Food Market

Record Shop Jazz/Rock/Blues

City Motel

City Hotel

Barber shop

Public Parking: The same sign is used for garages and parking lots. Guess they are own by the same people.

Sean's Tavern: Air conditioning, Pool, and Shuffleboard.

Barry's Tavern: has two clovers by its name. [Maybe a Irish bar?]

Sister Sam's Pizza

Jerry: that's all it says

North Green Grocery Store

Liquors: from RE2

Raccoon Pizza: Also sales hamburgers, coffee, and espresso. [Because why not?]

Hexter's Discount: novelties, cosmetics, gifts, toys, and something else I can't make out.

Deadly Fashion

Raccoon Pure/Raccoon City Pure Water textures exists for both names however both have the same logo with "RCPW" on it.

Lonsdale Yard is actually not visited in this game instead we visit Lonsdale Train Yards.

Umbrella Facility 29472-02: this is the one you visit in the game during the Nemesis level. The developmental classification number is 19745-05. [Both numbers come from the USS and Echo Six briefing scenes, if you're observant enough.]

Raccoon City Self Service Laundry

Raccoon Laundry

Witson & Sons LTD.

Burgers: a burger joint, the sign also mentions lemonade but its hard to make out.

There is what I believe this is a big fancy hotel or something called "Raccoon City" because the building has everything I'd expect one to have but the sign simply says "Raccoon City "

The Bandit: Hotel.

T-5523 and T-0775 are humanoid BOWs locked in a body bag like Talos was in UC. Also T-1751 are labeled on barrels.

Some zombies will drop ammo once killed, the boxes read: "Kendo Gunshop Ammunition 9mm Luger+P 124 GR.SXT RA9124TP." "Kendo Gunshop Ammunition Cartridges 12GA NO.1 124 GR.SXT RA9124TP." "20 cartridges Non-Corrosive BULLETS[brand name] Ammunition made to Military military specifications." [Not just Military but Military Military] "9X19 Parabelum Rounds Used for either the M921FS Custom or the SIGPRO" At one point there was plans for players to buy guns and ammo from Kendo these bullets maybe leftovers.

The VHS tape you pick up throughout the game reads "Raccoon City 1998" [Speaking of the that, every item that is interactive has this glow/glossy look to it, there are suitcases and books all throughout the game, some hidden some not, that has this glow. I can't find the video or wherever it was from, but I do remember it was said there would be files to read. This could be them.]

Stubbs The Zombie makes a cameo! When Leon and Claire are in the police car they barely miss a zombie dressed similar to him. But later once he gets ran over by the truck for a split second he makes the pose of the games logo.

SPECTRE doesn't have googly eyes, at least no story wise. In the CGI triple impact trailer by Blur Studios shows his goggles zoom in and out depending on what he is doing, for example when BELTWAY gets shot he turns and looks at him and his mask is almost identical to the UT Commander. Oddly some early screenshots shows this in game! Concept art by Blur show each goggle being able to zoom independent of each other. Also his model is named SPOOK so that probably was his original name.

In Brain's office there is a series of what I assume to be encyclopedias of something similar. They are titled "Raccoon City" with the author "Deeps" above the title. Also are photos of all past police chiefs and old pictures of him.

A poster for a band called The Dead Punks can be found in textures place on older sites. They would be have played live at Raccoon City. There is a real band that formed in 2009 called that however in game the posters are blurred to the point they can't be readed. Another poster reads "The Broccoli Brothers Live" which is a real comedian group. Another band called Death Rock was to be live at Raccoon City. I couldn't find a real band or anything on this so maybe it's made up.

Raccoon City All Stars: it was a special T-shirt that came with the UK version of ORC as a preorder. The guy who designed the shirt said the logo belonged to the soft/baseball team "Raccoon City All Stars." The guy made another version of the logo for deviant art that simply read "Raccoon All Stars."

Raccoon City hall plaques reads "Sir Gerald H. Topenhat Raccoon City's Mayor 1966-1978" "Ogee O'Gravy 1889-1965 Mayor of Raccoon City 1942 1957" There is another with this old Asian looking guy I can't read, but it also appears at the hospital by the front door.

A police notice reads "NOTICE commit a crime and you WILL go to jail. Don't litter either."

The laptops used to collect data have a few interesting things on them. They list eleven different "Umbrella Sectors" with all but the last four being "Secured" the last four have been "Breached" after that is a "Security Breach" notice and a bunch of U.S.S. Data transfers.

U.S.S. Command can be written as U.S.S.C. as shown on monitors in the Umbrella labs

--

"I can see.... EVERYTHING!"

August 8, 2015 at 2:42 PM Flag Quote & Reply

USS Command
Administrator

Biohazard: The Real:

Globo-Chem Defenses made the fancy wrist computer gun thing and possibly the shotgun is The Real 2, and the Heads Up Display mask that will be in The Real 3.

B.D.C.G.-9mm-20X6(the gun computer thing) It uses something called Dysemia Sensing System. It's motto is "It'll save your life." It has "Umbrella" on it along with the logo.

[Theory, Umbrella Soldiers(UBCS?) hands them out to people(Survivors) who go to The Real, so may be this is an Umbrella product made for its employees, or Paramilitary? Considering the ORC writer shared everything with capcom, and they did use TONS of stuff from ORC for The Real, could this be something similar if not a type of those computers SPECTRE and FOUR EYES has?]  

People's News Network covered the Outbreak. Mario Strongmen is the news anchor. The headline is "Full scale civil rioting" under that is "Midwest town falls vicitm(misspell!) to mysterious rioting and city wide chaos." With a picture of Raccoon City from the ORC concept art(though its animated). Then the hospital from ORC is shown with "Origin of the city's current state of chaos leads to local hospital." Another headline "Explosion in Arklay Mountains a few months ago" along with a photo of a forest fire. With "Strange events in Arklay Mountains could be responsible for Raccoon City's current condition." Also from what I've seen on YouTube and elsewhere they used the ORC art work as a base for some designs of the environment.  

Miscillaneous:

A stone fence surrounding the RPD, oddly early art of the RPD from ORC shows this. The fence is seen in front of Kendo's shop and in RE3 by the crashed Bus(you hear a UBCS die from dogs here as well). Both Umbrella and Darkside Chronicles contradict this by showing residential street/alleyway just outside the station.

Cho-Cola: Coca-cola ripoff it's on a vending machine in the RPD meeting room

Coco Soda: Coca-cola ripoff in blue can.

COOL SODA: same as above. There's another product called Cool pizza could be a brand name, a "Cool" brand name.

Zapata Beer: its advertised on a big neon sign, it's on the roof of the building you use to get to the overpass in Outbreak File 2.

Trish: grape soda seen on a vending machine in Darkside Chronicles

Harley Davidson Heavy Beer: can be seen in J's bar in Outbreak

The Fire truck you walk by in the RE2 part Darkside Chronicles, in front of the police station is "Ladder 15." On that same street is "Raccoon Center Bank" "Thom's Burgers" a ad that reads "FOR LEASE, Office Space |213|[dont know if this is an office or area number] 123-4567" it can't be seen in game but luckily people love ripping map models for Xnalara. On the other side of the street is a building called "South BLD" 

Grosvenor Arms is what I assume is a Gunshop in the backdrop of a road from Umbrella Chronicles Raccoon City levels.

Biohazard Clan Master:

A guy on tumbler was translating the game to English but it all got deleted. There was well over a hundred new characters added by this game, not to mention the new viruses. I'll post what I can remember/saved.

Tim: a detective from the RPD survived Raccoon City with a gun in one hand and a knife in the other. His hobby was karate.

Morpheus was cloned by the Vasilisk Corporation. 

This corporation made two virus', Basilisk Virus and a sub form of it called Succubus Virus. The Basilisk was modified GVirus and Succubus only infected wemon, turning their eyes red and making them into super Soldiers. Because of this Vasilisk had mostly female security guards. A new location was made for Raccoon City called "The Raccoon City Communication Tower" which used to be the hub of all TV and Radio broadcasting before it was shut down.

--

August 8, 2015 at 2:46 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Morpheus Duvall

Considering the level of detail Slant 6 put into ORC's Raccoon City build, it's even more unforgivable they ignored the canon details from RE2, and in its place inserted all that crap.

Quote USS Command: "Morpheus was cloned by the Vasilisk Corporation."

What is your source for this? Morpheus is not a character from this non-canon series, and I have never heard of the Vasilisk Corporation. Clan Master is just a card game right? I don't know what you have found but unfortunately Morpheus Duvall is long gone.

--

Establishing a kingdom where beauty has absolute authority is the dream which I must make a reality.

August 17, 2015 at 3:36 PM Flag Quote & Reply

USS Command
Administrator

Morpheus Duvall at August 17, 2015 at 3:36 PM

Considering the level of detail Slant 6 put into ORC's Raccoon City build, it's even more unforgivable they ignored the canon details from RE2, and in its place inserted all that crap.

Quote USS Command: "Morpheus was cloned by the Vasilisk Corporation."

What is your source for this? Morpheus is not a character from this non-canon series, and I have never heard of the Vasilisk Corporation. Clan Master is just a card game right? I don't know what you have found but unfortunately Morpheus Duvall is long gone.

Sorry for the lack of reply but I didn't know anyone posted on this. But no Biohazard Clan Master is not just a card game, its a digital card game haha. With its own unique storyline, characters, viruses and so much more. However the guy who was translating all of this closed down his tumbler and all of it was lost. 

CAPCOM is the reason ORC isn't canon NOT Slant 6. The Japanese version of the game comes with a "Making of" and they where in communication with each other every step of the way. The writeing team for ORC shared EVERYTHING with Capcom. This includes assets and Inserted Evil as well. 

I wish I had more proof of the Clan Master story stuff, but sadly I lost it all when my PC died a year or two ago, I may still have a render of Morpheus in the files I was able to save but I'm not sure. Ether way this isn't the same Morpheus from Dead Aim. I'm trying to contact the guy who had the tumbler so, with luck, I can post EVERYTHING he had for it! 

--

September 3, 2015 at 5:37 PM Flag Quote & Reply

TheBatMan

Nice thread. Capcom have never actually come out and definitively clarified the canonicity of ORC, and I doubt they ever will as they still want people to buy the game. But I agree with your point that Capcom are as much to blame as Slant Six in terms of the story issues. But let's face it, plot was never high on the agenda for this game. 

That said, if you can ignore the obvious deviations in geography, 70% of the game fits fine and dandy into the timeline, with a few nuggets that are very nicely placed. But of course this 70% is completely overshadowed by the remaining 30% which is lazy and downright unforgivable. What hurts the most is that the concept for ORC is a cracking idea.

September 4, 2015 at 5:34 AM Flag Quote & Reply

USS Command
Administrator

More stuff

FOUR EYES was originally meant to have a visor similar to LUPO. You can see where it was meant to be in game, especially in the cutscene when the Lickers attack in City hall. It's also shown in concept art by Blur Studios.

FOUR EYES has a face. However it's only for her CGI model by blur. The face is censored, blur usually censor the names and or face of characters. Especially if it's something not meant to be seen in game or cut. However it could also just be based on a real person who didn't want their face fully used.

BELTWAY and BERTHA both seem to like dogs, when play as them on the RPD level, go to the Dog kennels BERTHA will say "OOOOooo Doggies" is a very happy voice. BELTWAY on the other hand will yell out "HERE POOCHIE" and proceed to whistle.

In ORC the Movie Theatres around town are promoting an upcoming or ongoing Film Festival.

In Resident Evil Fire and Ice a Polaris Snowmobile is being ridden by Rosa Cardenas. The comic series ends with an old man in a robe, maybe this is Spencer? If so that would mean his first appearance was a comic.

In Resident Evil "S.T.A.R.S. Files" the newspaper headline on Wesker's laptop reads "Bizarre Murders committed in Raccoon City" The same comic shows two unidentified STARS members, one Rebecca is treating[who looks kinda like Edward to me], and one Chris is helping out of the fires of hell.

In the comic "Who are these guys?" When John mentions "We were always waiting for funding or approval from some bureaucrat." It shows a picture of the US president. Later on when Neptune is show its name is listed as "F13 - Neptune".

The comic "Dangerous Secrets" a small part of a newspaper can be seen. Nothing can really be taken from it but the headline starts with "Z" with the text mentioning "Raccoon Police" "Carlos D'anda" and "Ehrlich" nothing else really notable. Later on during the section about the "New Research" there is a image of a T-103 with a gasmask labeled as "BIRKIN" [obscured]0014.

In "Raccoon City-R.I.P." Birkin's lab has a vending machine called "Snack Time." After over hearing Ada and Birkin's conversation, Ben runs to a Bar its name is partially covered. However the sign on top reads "Carlo's Bar" while the window says "Bar &" gets cut off. I assume its full name is "Carlo's Bar & Grill" inside the bar is a sign that reads "Sorona." When the zombie breaks into the bar's rear window, a bottle can be seen "XXX P Danda Brew" is all I can make out. Later on when the man in a brown jacket is filling up his gas you can make out "Jose's" and a word that ends with a "C" on his bus.

In the comic "A new chapter of Evil" a sign can be seen in the background that reads "Hello" with what look likes a tyrant head with an outstretched neck. At the Police station, a wanted poster can be seen for a prisoner/suspect "6113" a name is present, but it is covered by Leon's speech bubble. Another wanted poster is seen taped to Chris's desk for a man named "N. Joel." Another one is seen in the office where Leon finds Marvin it reads [obscured]urfin' Irwin with the number 65-2112.

In "Lock Down" the hospital that Barry goes to, whose logo is a P, street address is 6785. The elevator can't decide how big this building is. First it has 5 buttons for 5 floors, the the light at the top shows 6 floors with a 7th called "M" but then when Barry puts the bomb together it has 20 floors and a 21st called P. As Barry jumps off the building, a ad can be seen for a sucker called "SLIMS" it has a women REALLY enjoying it.

In "Dead Air" the Airport is Called Raccoon City Airport.

In "And the last shall be first" A candy bar is named "Choco Bar" and another snack is named "Frosty Nougat Crunch".

The doors in the Subway tunnels in both Outbreak File 2 and Umbrella Chronicles has Suffolk University Donahue Building written on them. It's a real place, more specifically the door is 100% the same as one of their doors.

There are boxes in Outbreak that read "Raccoon Soda Pop".

A bottle in Outbreak reads "Tomas Cru** Book".

There is a hotel sign in Outbreak files called "Hotel New Raccoon".

There is also a photo in the files that shows Yoko and Monica standing in front of what looks to be the abandoned Hospital.

My official USS uniform, namely the Jacket has a tag on the inside that reads "Biohazard. Physical Containment Level P4. Biological Containment Level B2".

The background characters in Revelations 1 are various NPCs you rescue in the original Dead Rising. RE5 has a poster of a album called Mother. It also exist in Dead Rising.

In the Resident Evil Marvel comic, there is a zombie with a screwdriver in its head. Wesker owns a katana that he keeps on his desk.

The concept art for Revelations show Jill wearing a pair of goggles called "Hyper Scanner" this device is an early idea of the "Genesis" However it seems RE6 used this idea. In Chris's campaign when you first encounter the cocoon things, a BSAA Soldier has his hands on the side of his head and says his picking up life signs.

There is a canon reason for Barry's Samurai Edge using normal Handgun rounds in Revelations 2. It's because it's actually a different gun. "Samurai Edge Barry Burton model Version II" made by Quint Cetcham.

A exclusive Japanese DLC comes with a Glock called "HG-G18- Jessica custom II" wonder who that belongs to?

Robert's Brother Joseph has a shop called Custom Shop Kendo Guns & Ammunition.

In the BSAA issue 1 when Mina access the computer she mentions they are adding Cnidaria samples to T-virus however the report on screen says G-Virus. Also the task bar has DC and WS logo on.

In Issue 3 a nice reference to RE one is made, a BSAA operative, who to me looks kinda like Chris's PS1 live action version smoking and pouring flammable liquid from a canteen on a pile of dead zombies.

We are told that Holiday moved to Raccoon City with his family and work as Head security for a metal band "Steel Hero's" this could be taken that they, like "Big E" are from Raccoon City.

BSAA Issue 4 when the Nazi tyrant mutates it looks ALOT like Hypnos final form at the end of Survivor. The mutation is named "R Transformation" a reference to Tyrant R from Outbreak. The tyran is named Ubersoldat Prototype. Mina was in the Marines but left and joined a "Bioweapon Joint Task Force" until the BSAA reformed and then she joined it. The name is kinda vague, mostly because the writers had no clue what came before the BSAA. However given what we know, and considering they got alot of the BSAA stuff accurate, this could be another name for "Private Anti-Biohazard Service," because it was basically a joint force of people from around the world, or maybe an early idea of the FBC? Meaning they pulled resources from every branch putting the "joint" in Joint task force.

The Hunters at the start of Issue 5 look like Hunter R.

When asking if "HQ" had everything they asked for Mina mentions a "Rizzo" maybe this was supposed the HQ voice we hear in 5 and 6?

--

September 6, 2015 at 6:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

BSAArklay
Administrator

This was a great read. Thank you USS keep them coming man I know you got more. This almost makes me want to play ORC again.....almost.

--

"I've had enough of your bullshit! Your just another one of Umbrella's leftovers"

September 7, 2015 at 6:10 PM Flag Quote & Reply

George Trevor
Site Owner

TheBatMan at September 4, 2015 at 5:34 AM

Nice thread. Capcom have never actually come out and definitively clarified the canonicity of ORC, and I doubt they ever will as they still want people to buy the game. But I agree with your point that Capcom are as much to blame as Slant Six in terms of the story issues. But let's face it, plot was never high on the agenda for this game. 

That said, if you can ignore the obvious deviations in geography, 70% of the game fits fine and dandy into the timeline, with a few nuggets that are very nicely placed. But of course this 70% is completely overshadowed by the remaining 30% which is lazy and downright unforgivable. What hurts the most is that the concept for ORC is a cracking idea.

Totally agree; I've been thinking more about ORC recently due to the RE2 remake announcement. Also I recently heard on a  podcast which reviews terrible games & films to see if their universal criticisms were justified, a group of players recounting the fun they had from using the stealth & take control abilities of the USS Delta team in co-op play - these and other elements of the game work extremely well at sporadic points in the game, unfortunately they are too few & far between, and the basic concept which allows for so much promise is ruined with some horrendous bugs & very poor level design. But maybe ORC will become a blessing, a warning from the past to Capcom of what not to do with a RE2 remake?

@USS Command thank you for so many insightful observations, I'll be adding my own over the weekend...

--

Jessica... Lisa... Forgive me. May god justify my death in exchange for your safety.

September 11, 2015 at 3:21 PM Flag Quote & Reply

James Marcus

TheBatMan at September 4, 2015 at 5:34 AM

Yeah nice thread - holy shit USS Command you've only gone and made ORC sound interesting and worth playing!! Capcom shoud hire your ass man!!!

Capcom are almost entirely to blame for Slant 6's failure IMO because from the outset they set the bar so low and showed no consideration for the series history. So if Capcom offer up no canon information, no story guidance, show no respect for their product's integrity, the path to failure and what ORC became is set from the start - Slant 6 had no chance of success, deprived as they were by Capcom of integral canon issues, environment details, locations and maps from Raccoon City.

--

I will have my revenge on Umbrella!

October 6, 2015 at 5:04 PM Flag Quote & Reply

USS Command
Administrator

Thanks Marcus! Anyway I have some more stuff on the way. But because I haven't thoroughly examined Spec Ops missions in ORC yet,  I can't give an ETA due to college but soonish, maybe? 

--

October 7, 2015 at 8:43 AM Flag Quote & Reply

USS Command
Administrator

Small update, have been busy with college and ESO during winter break. I've also started looking at the Hong Kong comics seeing if I see anything worth mentioning. REwiki has alot of cool info on them already so I may not find much of anything.

In Resident Evil 6, Sherry's badge number is 0824, it reads "Name: Sherry Birkin. Affiliation: Agent. [Unreadable words under agent]. The person whose name and photo appears hereon is an agent for the Security Task Force of United States of America. A9218048173HD7"

Sherry's PDA has tabs on the keypad that read "System, FUMC, CLAC, Calendar, and Profile"

One of the brands of liquor in the bar chris was in is "Sprouls" and another is "Late Hours Loaded Whiskey"

Don't know about all of them but atleast one of the BSAA helicopters in china is designated A-88

"To be or not to be that is the question" is on the shirt of the guy who grabs chris when they about to go into the building.

When the snake drags off Keaton and chris charges after it, Marco Rose was about to follow Piers but Jeff grabbed his arm and stopped him.

The brand name of the typewriter in ORC is "Raccoon"

On the street in front of the RPD in the Darkside Chronicles is a restaurant called Tony's Kitchen.

--

January 14, 2016 at 8:37 PM Flag Quote & Reply

USS Command
Administrator

ORC Spec Ops missions Named Places of business. Some of these I missed of missed parts of last time.

Hotel: it has a nice neon gold sign. You can shoot the back of the sign, then the lights inside it and the other side still glows slightly.

A “Raccoon Food Market” has a worn out sign that read “Fresh Meats” as if it was the original name. This location also offers the “Raccoon House Corned Beef,” Ice Cream, Snacks/Drinks/Wine/Beer, Fresh Coffee and Breakfast, Hotdogs/Warm Food, Milk/ATM/Lottery, Ice, “Best Hotdogs in Town,” and it has a telephone.

RC.88 Self Storage: it's the building the reinforcements come out of. Ironically, Help is written in blood on the shutter as well as the inside and a notice inside reads “Security Notice: No Concealed Weapons Allowed.” strangely, bloody handprints are covering all the Spec Ops creates and a few lockers. Also, No smoking allowed.

Gough A1 MINI: Self Storage “First Month ½ Price. Car Boat Bike Sled RVS. Outside Space Avl” it shares the same building as 777 RC Radio. Also a few posters throughout the game simply read “Gough.” The radio side of the building reads “Raccoon City’s Favorite, RC-Radio 77.7 FM” while the radio tower reads “RC-Radio, Raccoon City's Favorite, 77.7 FM” and they cover News, Sports, Music, and Talk shows. The computer inside reads “Please do not distribute or name you condentals with any other employees”

Raccoon City Water Works: its where Delta Team cut the power at in the USS campaign.

The dumpsters read “Raccoon Disposal Service [blurry words] 1-800-330548988”

The power generators seem to belong to a business called “Portable Power.” Its model is S6-006, its a 35 KW, and is “Powered by E66IX” the "Portable Power" logo is replaced by the RPD logo for the RPD generators.

Raccoon City Works: seems to be the people in charged with making the parking meters, its branded on the back of them.

Raccoon Jon: in the business that owns the portapottys. Their number is 800-555-8134

Moar Transit Industries, also shortened as Moar Industries, is the shipping company in Lansdale Train Yards. A big white M as the logo.

An update for earlier locations

Witson & Sons LTD. “Faei Supplies•Hardware 211[blurry words!] Est. 1883”

Sister Sam's Pizza: Phone Number is 555-8452

Raccoon Pizza: Also sails hamburgers, Calzones, coffee, and espresso. It's number is 555-0277.

Raccoon City Link's number is “1-552-RCC-LINK”

General stuff and things I didn't notice last time.

Police cars license plates read “RPD•808, Raccoon City” Taxis license plates read “CF 0122, Raccoon City” under that is another tag that reads “043 DC Permit” The Raccoon City Link buses license plate read “VED•740” Civilian vehicles license plates reads “B09•MAG” “10A•DEC” followed by Raccoon City.

Green Bottles read “Red Herb IPA” it has a picture of a green herb with a red background.

Brown bottles read “Beer. Raccoon City Brewed. Ale of Ale”

Raccoon Soda: comes in blue, green, or yellow cans.

Yummy Drink: comes in black or white cans.

"Soda Grape" and "Pop" are the other two brands.

The small concert tapes you pick up for intel read “Confidential 98” while the hard drive looking things say “Raccoon Tec”

Newspaper called “RACCOON” or “THE RACCOON” in other areas, has the headline “CITYWIDE PANIC” with a subheading “POLICE HELPLESS” and “Virus Strikes.” Its motto is “The only Source.” [Just as a note, older story info mentions a skin virus going around Raccoon City that could be the Virus Strikes part.]

An open magazine on the ground has a article on “Viral Attack”

A poster reads “Couch ERO DUO” another two bands where to play at Raccoon City “The Punks Live Tonight” and “Read Killer” read killer may have been a play on the color Red as the poster is mostly read.

A few areas areas have a sign that reads “Warning this property is protected by electronic surveillance.”

The RPD clocktower reads 10:10.

Stuardo Davido Urfski 1890-1948. Heath Inspector of Raccoon City 1933-1948. “Raccoon City is a cleaner more healthy and happy city because of Stuardo Davido Urfski there can be no more exemplary exciting man in memory” [It was PURE HELL making it out!]

The laptops used by the Spec Ops are “T6000 TURBO Computer.”

There's a notebook with Help writing on it.

Red bags of cement reads “Raccoon Concrete: Type I Alumina Cement.”

Black bags of cement reads “Raccoon Concrete: Type II Alumina Cement.”

Raccoontine Paint Thinner: the can has a little flammable logo on it.

Hostage Negotiation A Guide: it flashes like it was meant to be picked up.

The big boxes of ammo read “Ammunition. Standard Issue. Type: All. Stock Ne:897934-555”

Tweed or Marissa Ronson, seems to have been in Raccoon City in the past. She comments “I don't care what people say, Raccoon City's nice this time of year.” also when idol she may say “Oh what I wouldn't give for a spot of tea, toilet, and a cherry bomb.” *deep breath* “simple pleasures.”

Party Girl or Sienna Fowler, makes a comment “I don't care what you say, but Raccoon City is DEAD…. Oh wait.”

HARLEY or Erez Morris, idol talk says “what I wouldn't give to deliver babies on pool tables again.”

In the sewers where you need to use flairs to see, Party Girl will say “Vision Mode Activated, I can see.”

Also, here's a few things I noted in the sewers. A baby stroller, a Wheelchair, a dead guy surrounded by prescribed medication, and a shopping cart full of clothes.

The control panel used to form a bridge for Sherry reads “OM-16708”

Miscellaneous

I'm sure anyone who played these missions would have seen this but I want to mention it anyway. There's a fenced in area with Zombies locked inside that can be used as target practice. A shotgun and a plenty of ammo is lying to the side. What makes me want to note it is how it looks like it was barricaded from the inside. It honestly looks like it was rushed to keep out infected. The gate is barely blocked by a dumpster and a stone road block.

Spec Ops soldiers with the surgical or face mask on can't blink. They just open their eyes wider.

The Spec Ops with night vision goggles have darker skin around their mouths then on their arms.

When Hunters are idle they will walk around the map anywhere they are scripted to go. If any other AI gets in their way they will continue to claw it until it is dead or knocked out of the way. Tyrants and Nemesis will do this as well.

Sherry's keycard is Blue.

The boss fight with Birkin takes place within the “Containment Core: Authorized Personnel Only” it's owned by Umbrella and has the warning “Danger. Extreme Heat and Pressure.”

The black Umbrella keycard reads “Lock System. Umbrella Corporation. Master Key.”

There is a red Biohazard container labeled “Sharps” in the Umbrella labs.

Cans of nitrogen read “Nitrogen Refrigerated Liquid.” [I only noted that because it was extremely easy to read compared to everything else.]

Medical measuring cups read “PX. Raccoon City”

The chemical mixer\shorter reads “Umbrella Cooperation 7696”

Disposalsuits in the Hospital reads “No Hazardous Wastes Accepted”

The ally behind the Hospital, only in the Spec Ops campaign, there is a big red box that reads “Mechanical”

The Raccoon City Cemetery has a few named greaves “Erik Johan Destroete. Beloved Man Child. ABBOT3FORD. Born January 7 1882. Died February 8 1951.” “Iylar Lhjidel. In Enforum Dedeflies(maybe missing a letter or two). Born May 28th 1918. Died June 4th 1942” “Alain Keswick” is written on a tomb. “Jicolyn R. Fallg” is written on another. There were a few other names I saw but couldn't make them out.

The Crates the USS torrents come in read “UIN:10023432GZK3” and “CNT:7.62MM X 3200”

The P-12A Incinerator is “A Division of Umbrella Corp.”

A repair truck has the logo “Raccoon City 1881” this logo is seen all throughout ORC, on mugs, crates, and trucks.

Some of the cargo containers in Lansdale Train Yards read “018713” and “2210” while others have “Umbrella” along with the logo.

First Aid Spray reads “Cinatiropa. First Aid. Life Safe.”

--

January 31, 2016 at 8:03 PM Flag Quote & Reply

BSAArklay
Administrator

Very nice USS you have put a ton of work into this so well done, good job. I enjoyed the newspaper clipings and this:

"Tweed or Marissa Ronson, seems to have been in Raccoon City in the past. She comments “I don't care what people say, Raccoon City's nice this time of year.” also when idol she may say “Oh what I wouldn't give for a spot of tea, toilet, and a cherry bomb.” *deep breath* “simple pleasures.”

Party Girl or Sienna Fowler, makes a comment “I don't care what you say, but Raccoon City is DEAD…. Oh wait.”

HARLEY or Erez Morris, idol talk says “what I wouldn't give to deliver babies on pool tables again.”

In the sewers where you need to use flairs to see, Party Girl will say “Vision Mode Activated, I can see.”

Hope you keep these observations going just dont burn you're eyes out!

January 31, 2016 at 8:24 PM Flag Quote & Reply

TheOracleDragon
Administrator

Observations are important, glad we have you to help see these things as well as having us to help as well. A lot of people don't pay attention to the details and details have little information about the events going on.

--

'The screams, the shouts, the pain, the nightmares...they'll never leave me, that asylum will never leave me...I suffer from it every passing night...what does Umbrella want of me?' - Shane Burns

February 1, 2016 at 11:43 PM Flag Quote & Reply

SamuraiEdge

Finally found the time to go through all this, have been meaning to for awhile now since it was first created. I too obsess over details such as brand names, serial numbers, etc. . I was completely unaware ORC had so many, I suppose I was just too angry playing the game to take that extra time to examine. All this really does want me to play the game again. Very nice work USS Command.

My favorite part was "BELTWAY and BERTHA both seem to like dogs, when play as them on the RPD level, go to the Dog kennels BERTHA will say "OOOOooo Doggies" is a very happy voice. BELTWAY on the other hand will yell out "HERE POOCHIE" and proceed to whistle."

I never figured those two for animal lovers. Next time I pick up ORC I will play as them now.

February 4, 2016 at 8:13 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Welsh

[quote]The background characters in Revelations 1 are various NPCs you rescue in the original Dead Rising. RE5 has a poster of a album called Mother. It also exist in Dead Rising.[/quote]

A few characters from Dead Rising and one from Revelations appear in Outbreak too. Have you been extracting textures?

[quote] The doors in the Subway tunnels in both Outbreak File 2 and Umbrella Chronicles has Suffolk University Donahue Building written on them. It's a real place, more specifically the door is 100% the same as one of their doors.[/quote]

Some of the visual imagery from Outbreak was photographed in Boston and New York. Do you have a higher resolution image of the door?

[quote]In the Resident Evil Marvel comic, there is a zombie with a screwdriver in its head. Wesker owns a katana that he keeps on his desk.[/quote]

Although I don't care for the Marvel comics, that's interesting because Kuwahata drew the STARS office for Biohazard 2 and used a bonsai tree, katana and Samurai armor to explain Wesker's stoic nature. Since the comics were drawn before "2" began, I wonder if Kuwahata reviewed them?

[quote]There is a canon reason for Barry's Samurai Edge using normal Handgun rounds in Revelations 2. It's because it's actually a different gun. "Samurai Edge Barry Burton model Version II" made by Quint Cetcham.[/quote]

Nice observation.

[quote]On the street in front of the RPD in the Darkside Chronicles is a restaurant called Tony's Kitchen.[/quote]

It also appears in Biohazard 2. The red logo is a developer signature that also appears in Biohazard 3, though I'm not sure whose.

Bit of advice USS COmmand. Operation Raccoon City is not a good game to examine for investigative purposes. I was looking forward to it initially, but it's a lazy effort on both Capcom and Slant 6's part. Capcom lazily outsourced it to Slant 6 to save money, offering very little in terms of development material, and Slant 6 in turn did a poor job developing it. The first and only time I played through, the game froze during the Birkin battle. Also, there's no canonicity whatsoever. Capcom won't rely on any Slant 6 story details, and if they do, the new production team that essentially replaced Production Studio 4 (Mikami's studio) is dumber than I thought.

Mr. Kawamura, who wrote the scenario of Biohazard 3, set the base work for a sequel that inspired Network Biohazard (Outbreak). It would have been a much more interesting game and served to explain the back story of character's like Dario, his daughter, Ben, the director of Raccoon Hospital, Ada, the photographer and so forth. As a fan, I would have rather played through that to tie-up the loose ends from 2 and 3.

If you have any interest, I'd love to read your observations about the Flashback scenario in Outbreak or Devil May Cry. A lot of people don't know this, but Devil May Cry was the original version of Biohazard 4 and a lot of stuff that was created specifically for that version appears in retail DMC. Capcom also re-used a lot of DMC textures for the retail version of 4 with Los Plagas and previous versions like Fog and Hookman. Plus, Kamiya, the lead planner of 1, director of 1.5 and 2, and original director of 3, as well as advisor on N64 Zero, had a unique vision for Bio4 for which he was inspired by the anime Jojo, Aliens, Tremors, Cobra comics, The Haunting, etc.

Flashback was created and advised by the original Bio staff, so it feels like a self-contained game and has a great atmosphere. I found an ambulance and a few unused assets in the game's data. However, I've never gone through the gameplay text. Apparently, it's easy to unencrypt using a variation of the "y" key. I think its the one with the macron.

Anyway, keep up the good work.

George, I listened to your latest podcast. The version with Spencer was DMC, not Fog. Spencer wasn't supposed to appear in Fog, just his castle as one of the locations. Wesker from retail 4 was supposed to appear, however, along with HCF.

February 5, 2016 at 1:03 PM Flag Quote & Reply

George Trevor
Site Owner

Quote Welsh "George, I listened to your latest podcast. The version with Spencer was DMC, not Fog. Spencer wasn't supposed to appear in Fog, just his castle as one of the locations. Wesker from retail 4 was supposed to appear, however, along with HCF."

Thanks Welsh I'm always getting my Dementos/Haunting Grounds & DMCs mixed up. I remember a great debate between News Bot & a 'spirited lady' over at THIA concerning the merits of some of these cross comparisons, which only confused me more as I was only familiar with DMC, Fog & Hookman.... aren't we meant to call Fog the Castle build anyway?!! ;) But always happy to be corrected by you man, thanks for posting some superb observations. I got one of my own from back in the day when you made an enormously significant contribution to the biohazard 3.5 site article:

--

Jessica... Lisa... Forgive me. May god justify my death in exchange for your safety.

February 5, 2016 at 1:59 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Welsh

That was a great article.

Haunting Ground (Demento) has nothing to do with Biohazard. Supposeldy, it started off as the sequel to Clock Tower, but I don't know if that's been confirmed.

The only similiarties it has are the textures, and possibly recycled 3D objects from a stock library. Most Capcom games are developed using the same libraries, and Haunting Ground is no exception. I did, however, find a book from Biohazard 1 and a rug from GCBio in one of the castle rooms. Also, some of the same developers worked on it even though it was a different department, so it has a similar atmosphere.

Speaking of 3.5, does anyone want to see some of the textures that went into its development?

February 5, 2016 at 2:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

James Marcus

Welsh at February 5, 2016 at 2:20 PM

That was a great article.

Haunting Ground (Demento) has nothing to do with Biohazard. Supposeldy, it started off as the sequel to Clock Tower, but I don't know if that's been confirmed.

The only similiarties it has are the textures, and possibly recycled 3D objects from a stock library. Most Capcom games are developed using the same libraries, and Haunting Ground is no exception. I did, however, find a book from Biohazard 1 and a rug from GCBio in one of the castle rooms. Also, some of the same developers worked on it even though it was a different department, so it has a similar atmosphere.

Speaking of 3.5, does anyone want to see some of the textures that went into its development?

Clock Tower, now there IS a game, it plays like old skool RE and has to be one of my all time favorite game series, never understood why it didn't get the wider appeal that RE got outside of Japan.

RE 3.5 textures?! YES PLEASE (falls to knees and begs)

--

I will have my revenge on Umbrella!

February 5, 2016 at 4:57 PM Flag Quote & Reply

BSAArklay
Administrator
Well first of all this already fantastic thread just became amazing. Thanks for USS and Welsh's observational contributions. I was aware about a version of 3.5 becoming DMC but this thread makes me want to play the game to see these backgrounds for myself so ordered DMC on Ebay. Welsh lets just assume that we always want you to share your information with us. Thanks for posting what you have already and cant wait to see what else you have.
--

"I've had enough of your bullshit! Your just another one of Umbrella's leftovers"

February 6, 2016 at 10:25 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.