CRIMSON HEAD ELDER

Survival Horror Community & Podcast

RESIDENTS FORUM

Forum Home > THE RACCOON PRESS > Resident Evil 2 Remake

Mat&mo

Making video games is their job and they know what people expect. So I think there is no need to worry. They can't do worst than RE6.

--

My collection here:  https://www.facebook.com/residentevilcollectionfrance?ref=aymt_homepage_panel

August 19, 2015 at 1:00 PM Flag Quote & Reply

TheBatMan

They know what people expect do they? So what exactly is that, then?

August 19, 2015 at 1:59 PM Flag Quote & Reply

BSAArklay
Administrator

The fact that Capcom have decided to meet up with Invader Games so they can get their advice and thoughts on a Resident Evil 2 Remake is quite terrifiying and says everything we need to know right there. Insider Games is a fan made company who do not have a single game under their belt and this is not a knock of them because they are obviously talented guys but for a major company like Capcom to go and ask some fans what they should do for RE2 Remake is flat out embarrassing. Capcom are the supposed godfathers of the Survival Horror franchise and yet they have to ask an unknown game developer company how to make a game. Who exactly are they employing over there? I dont know about you but if I was working at Capcom and they brought in some fans to tell me what to do I would probably hide my face in shame. They are bringing back former staff members for Zero HD and also they have contacted former staff for RE2 HD Remake. So tell me how can you be so confident in this current Capcom team when given the task of making a classic surival horror game the first thing they do is run for the hills and call for help. I dont mean to be negative I wanted to stay positive but this recent news suggests they have NO IDEA what the hell a survival horror game is.

August 19, 2015 at 7:10 PM Flag Quote & Reply

ResiEvilChic96

Mat&mo at August 19, 2015 at 1:00 PM

Making video games is their job and they know what people expect. So I think there is no need to worry. They can't do worst than RE6.

Saying they can't do no worst than RE6 is kind of like saying "Well how much worse can it get?". I don't know, to me that is a phrase you don't want to say out loud too often. But that's just my opinion.

August 19, 2015 at 9:17 PM Flag Quote & Reply

SkinniMini1

Mat&mo at August 18, 2015 at 4:43 PM

This remake is something we all asked. And look at the behavior of some people here. This is crazy. It's like a blind asked for sight, and once we gave him eyes, he didn't want them.
Maybe I was rude, but there are things I don't understand... 

I didn't say you were rude. You for whatever reason, just seem unwilling to recognize that people do have concerns (legit in some cases) about the game they are going to get. Btw, "we all" did not ask for this ReMake. I never had this great need to see RE2 redone and I'm sure others didn't as well. About the ones that did, they are a little worried about the game they may receive (which is kinda expected considering how the series' play style and overall presentation has changed over the years). It doesn't help that there's little to go on. So IMO, everybody should take a chill pill until we learn more.

August 19, 2015 at 11:52 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Mat&mo

TheBatMan at August 19, 2015 at 1:59 PM

They know what people expect do they? So what exactly is that, then?

They asked on Fb. This is a good way to hear what gamers want. Let's hope they keep the original gameplay.

--

My collection here:  https://www.facebook.com/residentevilcollectionfrance?ref=aymt_homepage_panel

August 20, 2015 at 7:40 AM Flag Quote & Reply

TheBatMan

Yes they did ask, and did you take the time to actually have a detailed look at the responses? It was all over the place and extremely inconsistent, ranging from static cameras, to outbreak style, to RE4 style, to 1.5 implementation. There is simply no way Capcom can satisfy everyone

You want them to keep the original gameplay and are simply assuming everyone wants that. A huge chunk of the RE fanbase was introduced with RE4 and can't stand the old camera system and tank controls. 

But I'm telling you now a REmake 2 game in the style of Remake 1 will be financial suicide, unless they are making this on the cheap like they did with Revelations 2.

@CrimsonElder. The Invader Games thing is a load of rubbish. This 'meeting' they will have been asked to have with Capcom is likely nothing more than an e-mail survey sent by the marketing department alongside the politely worded cease and desist letter.

August 20, 2015 at 11:54 AM Flag Quote & Reply

TheBatMan

https://youtu.be/YCepCTpBhBY

Just thought I'd leave this here...

August 22, 2015 at 6:30 AM Flag Quote & Reply

James Marcus

Mat&mo at August 18, 2015 at 4:43 PM

This remake is something we all asked. And look at the behavior of some people here. This is crazy. It's like a blind asked for sight, and once we gave him eyes, he didn't want them.
Maybe I was rude, but there are things I don't understand... 

I did not read any rudeness into what you posted, and I completely agree with you - too many seem to be bitching based just on an announcement. I am with you Mat&mo this is what the vast majority of the fans have been craving, wishing, demanding - so it's time to celebrate and look forward with hope of another classic adventure thru the Raccoon City streets and the RPD, and let the haters wallow in their own misery.

--

I will have my revenge on Umbrella!

August 22, 2015 at 5:24 PM Flag Quote & Reply

George Trevor
Site Owner

SkinniMini1 at August 18, 2015 at 4:18 PM

Mat&mo at August 18, 2015 at 2:56 PM

Awe no... I don't often come here, and now I know why. So many criticims about the game. Guys, we've been begging for that game for YEARS. And now that Capcom say "Ok, we'll do it", people bitch.
What's wrong with you? I mean. We loved RE2 years ago. There's no reason why we shouldn't love RE2MAKE. ;) Have you played RE HD? Yes, you all did. And you all liked it, of course! Well, it'll be the same for RE2MAKE. Capcom can't mess with such an awesome game. It's not about RE4-5-6 gameplay, but oldschool one. So, no need to worry. I'm 100% confident with Capcom and I already know I won't be disapointed.

You know, you kind of sound like a Capcom yes man. It's almost like you're attempting to brainwash people into having zero concerns - not criticisms, which is something different. Some of those that are so called "bitching" were the ones that already had doubts about this ReMake prior to it being officially announced. I mean some of you act like every word out of people's mouth must be blind praise acceptance only (which isn't very realistic either).

SkinniMini I think you are being a little too harsh on Mat&mo who is only voicing respectful surprise at such an inconsistently negative response to the decade of considerable outcry for a remake ! Personally I am in total agreement with Mat&mo's expectations for this game and with his shock at the negativity, which I even think comes across as almost ungrateful.

August 22, 2015 at 5:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

George Trevor
Site Owner

QUOTE TheBatMan: "@CrimsonElder. The Invader Games thing is a load of rubbish. This 'meeting' they will have been asked to have with Capcom is likely nothing more than an e-mail survey sent by the marketing department alongside the politely worded cease and desist letter."

Haha, yeah when I read about this 'meeting' I had to chuckle to myself, at what this 'meeting' would really entail and you've put it a lot politer than I did ! But yeah, anyone who thinks that Invader Games are getting any input greater than a 'stop your little show & tell project or we'll crush you into oblivion in the IP courts, oh and don't call us we'll call you' letter politely dressed up as a pseudo questionaire is naive to say the least. 

August 22, 2015 at 5:58 PM Flag Quote & Reply

BSAArklay
Administrator

George Trevor at August 22, 2015 at 5:58 PM

QUOTE TheBatMan: "@CrimsonElder. The Invader Games thing is a load of rubbish. This 'meeting' they will have been asked to have with Capcom is likely nothing more than an e-mail survey sent by the marketing department alongside the politely worded cease and desist letter."

Haha, yeah when I read about this 'meeting' I had to chuckle to myself, at what this 'meeting' would really entail and you've put it a lot politer than I did ! But yeah, anyone who thinks that Invader Games are getting any input greater than a 'stop your little show & tell project or we'll crush you into oblivion in the IP courts, oh and don't call us we'll call you' letter politely dressed up as a pseudo questionaire is naive to say the least. 

There was also a time when Capcom didn't have to resort to social media websites to ask their fans 'what do you want and how do we do it.'. Bet you never would have thought they would pimp out Resident Evil to Slant Six either before that happened. Or how about the time that they sold their movie rights to Sony so they could rape and pillage the series. Should I go on? Never underestimate a desperate Capcom in their attempt to make a quick buck.

August 22, 2015 at 8:45 PM Flag Quote & Reply

TheBatMan

Capcom haven't resorted to social media. That was just a publicity stunt. The game has been in development for months. The decision to Remake 2 was already made ages ago.

And George Trevor I don't see how us negative people can be ungrateful for a game we don't even want. You of all people should know what a massive let down this is going to be.

August 23, 2015 at 11:06 AM Flag Quote & Reply

BSAArklay
Administrator

TheBatMan at August 23, 2015 at 11:06 AM

Capcom haven't resorted to social media. That was just a publicity stunt. The game has been in development for months. The decision to Remake 2 was already made ages ago.

And George Trevor I don't see how us negative people can be ungrateful for a game we don't even want. You of all people should know what a massive let down this is going to be.

12th of August.

'Hello, RE fans! This is H again!

Thank you very much again for your passion and support for the Resident Evil 2 Remake Project!

I have received an outcome of the Project Proposal a couple of days ago…'

30th of July

'However, as the team owns the RE brand, we're not certain how we feel about this approach, and would like to ask your honest and frank opinion about the “Resident Evil 2 Remake” and what the brand identity is supposed to be about?'

How was the decision made ages ago? They did not accept the pitch until a couple of days before the 12th of August. What exactly did they pitch if they 'dont know what the brands identity is supposed to be'. The only reason this pitch was accepted is because Capcom saw the demand on Facebook and the buzz that hit the internet there after.

August 23, 2015 at 11:35 AM Flag Quote & Reply

TheBatMan

BSAArklay at August 23, 2015 at 11:35 AM

12th of August.

'Hello, RE fans! This is H again!

Thank you very much again for your passion and support for the Resident Evil 2 Remake Project!

I have received an outcome of the Project Proposal a couple of days ago…'

30th of July

'However, as the team owns the RE brand, we're not certain how we feel about this approach, and would like to ask your honest and frank opinion about the “Resident Evil 2 Remake” and what the brand identity is supposed to be about?'

How was the decision made ages ago? They did not accept the pitch until a couple of days before the 12th of August. What exactly did they pitch if they 'dont know what the brands identity is supposed to be'. The only reason this pitch was accepted is because Capcom saw the demand on Facebook and the buzz that hit the internet there after.

Come on now, you surely not that gullible? 

Do you honestly believe the internal development team at Capcom would pitch a project and then make it public on facebook without even knowing the result beforehand? It would be a pretty epic fail if said project was rejected and an absolute massive let down for the fan base. No, the pitch was made on facebook because the deal had already been completed and work had already begun long ago. We won't see any of it for a long time but that doesn't mean it's not there.

Capcom have no need of facebook. They have known fans have wanted an RE2 remake for the last 10 years, they simply were not interested because their focus was pushing the series forward and capitalising on the success of RE4. But now the series is in a mess, the story is broken and they have no idea on how to proceed, so now they are looking backwards in a shameless attempt to keep the series relevant.

This was all perfectly planned just to generate buzz for the official announcement. Nothing more than that. 

August 23, 2015 at 12:30 PM Flag Quote & Reply

George Trevor
Site Owner

@CrimsonElder I agree with TheBatMan, the whole FB thing was no different than the Inserted Evil page for Revelations; it's just a viral marketing campaign, there is just no way that any company like Capcom would even consider making such a financial comitment to a direction to be taken for a product based on fan feedback posted on FB. 

@TheBatman I'm not suggesting that all the fans that are not 100% positive & excited about this are ungrateful, only that a small minority of those that are being completely critical without any reservation are coming across slightly ungrateful in terms of what we may just have on the horizon for them. I still think of course that there is at least a 60%-75% chance that this remake will be a major disapointment and sully the name of the classic original but because of the potential for a possible improvement on an original build, the like of which we've not seen since RE1 was developed into Remake, I am still massively excited and trying to give Capcom a modicum of trust with this.

--

Jessica... Lisa... Forgive me. May god justify my death in exchange for your safety.

August 23, 2015 at 5:19 PM Flag Quote & Reply

BSAArklay
Administrator

Batman

You call me gullable I call you premature. I think you are playing the guessing game here and the fact that you havent given any type of source to back up your prediction leaves plenty of room for me to suspect that this could potentially be because of the demand given on Facebook and the internet. Its funny how you find it so difficult to believe that they would remake a game given off the feedback from the internet when isnt that EXACTLY how Remake came about in the first place. Because we all know that Remake for the Gamecube sold so well it was almost certain we would get a port without fans demand via the internet. Its not like the internet demand has ever saved or given life to an old project. Except for Deadpool, Shenmue, Hannibal and more and more projects everyday thanks to a site called Kickstarter.

Capcom truly believed that the demand for Survival Horror was not there yet they decide to remake Resident Evil 2 for what? Something to do? A few comments they have heard over the years? Seems like a bigger gamble to me than the amount of feedback and media attention it has recieved since their first post on Facebook. Was the project pitched prior to their announcement on Facebook? Maybe but you dont know that for sure so I find your confidence and attitude to be abit premature. You are simply playing the guessing game and I think you are abit condescending by saying I am gullible just because I havent jumped to conclussions like yourself. I prefer to go on facts and since you have NONE I will continue to do so.

GT

Ok so you do not believe that Capcom would create a game based on feedback from an internet website then where did Capcom get this crazy idea to remake the game in the first place? If not for the internet demand do you honestly believe this project would happen? The only reason they would do such a thing is because of demand. A million sales for Remake HD certainly helped kickstart the project however the feedback online only furthered the demand and cemmented this project into inevitably.

Vito

Fantastic contribution as always.

--

"I've had enough of your bullshit! Your just another one of Umbrella's leftovers"

But it's non-canon, you can't be caught reading that!

August 23, 2015 at 9:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Vito

So a multi million dollar proyect was given the green light because of small feedback from Facebook? Not to mention announcing it before they even pitch it to Capcom? Did you miss the entire MML3 fiasco? Even Capcom isn't that stupid to do that shit again.

It was a PR stunt, plain and simple and I'm amazed some people actually fell for it.

--

August 24, 2015 at 1:38 AM Flag Quote & Reply

TheBatMan

I genuinely cannot believe you actually believe this project was greenlit because of facebook. I'm staggered. And again, you keep comparing this to remake HD when it's not comparable. This is a a brand new game costing 10 times as much to develop and carries a hell of a lot more risk - something like that would not hinge on something as insignificant as facebook comments.

But I'll put it another way, on simpler terms. I've known this project has been in development for months. So how is that possible if, according to yourself and Capcom themselves of course, the project wasn't pitched until July 30th and then agreed on August 12th?

August 24, 2015 at 6:00 AM Flag Quote & Reply

SkinniMini1

George Trevor at August 22, 2015 at 5:47 PM

SkinniMini1 at August 18, 2015 at 4:18 PM

Mat&mo at August 18, 2015 at 2:56 PM

Awe no... I don't often come here, and now I know why. So many criticims about the game. Guys, we've been begging for that game for YEARS. And now that Capcom say "Ok, we'll do it", people bitch.
What's wrong with you? I mean. We loved RE2 years ago. There's no reason why we shouldn't love RE2MAKE. ;) Have you played RE HD? Yes, you all did. And you all liked it, of course! Well, it'll be the same for RE2MAKE. Capcom can't mess with such an awesome game. It's not about RE4-5-6 gameplay, but oldschool one. So, no need to worry. I'm 100% confident with Capcom and I already know I won't be disapointed.

You know, you kind of sound like a Capcom yes man. It's almost like you're attempting to brainwash people into having zero concerns - not criticisms, which is something different. Some of those that are so called "bitching" were the ones that already had doubts about this ReMake prior to it being officially announced. I mean some of you act like every word out of people's mouth must be blind praise acceptance only (which isn't very realistic either).

SkinniMini I think you are being a little too harsh on Mat&mo who is only voicing respectful surprise at such an inconsistently negative response to the decade of considerable outcry for a remake ! Personally I am in total agreement with Mat&mo's expectations for this game and with his shock at the negativity, which I even think comes across as almost ungrateful.

My post could have been worded differently. It's just that when I see post like that, it comes across to me as "Everyone should love this no matter what, no one should have a less than positive opinion and zero concerns right now." I know people want to hope for the best regarding the game (and I do want this game to succeed in order to justify the pleading from people who did want this ReMake) but surely it's OK for some concerns to be expressed along the way from some fans. Not necessarily this site here, but some have become entitled (ie it must be like ReMake or else, we are owed this type of game. Screw modern audiences -yes I've seen post like this online since the announcement-). However my post was never a defense for them. I'm defending those who are expressing legit concerns. They care about the product and are just worried, not ungrateful IMO.
August 24, 2015 at 7:54 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.