CRIMSON HEAD ELDER

Survival Horror Community & Podcast

RESIDENTS FORUM

Forum Home > THE RACCOON PRESS > Resident Evil 2 Remake

USS Command
Administrator

l couldn't care less about the gameplay I'm just hope they don't fuck up the story. 

--

"I'll take my Survival Horror like I take my men" - George Trevor, September 3, 2017 at 6:10 PM

“Great love springs from great knowledge of the beloved object and if you know it but a little, you will be able to love it only a little or not at all.” - Leonardo da Vinci

August 12, 2015 at 4:07 PM Flag Quote & Reply

James Marcus

Vito at August 12, 2015 at 12:19 PM

They are going to fuck this up.

This is such a thoughtless comment. Vito you simply don't have any information yet from the development/marketing team with which to back up your sweeping negative.

--

I will have my revenge on Umbrella!

August 12, 2015 at 4:26 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Vito

It's fucking Capcom.

They will fuck it up somehow. It's what they do.

--

August 12, 2015 at 4:41 PM Flag Quote & Reply

George Trevor
Site Owner

James Marcus at August 12, 2015 at 4:26 PM

This is such a thoughtless comment. Vito you simply don't have any information yet from the development/marketing team with which to back up your sweeping negative.

Vito has nothing to base this opinion on huh? Nothing except Capcom's rap sheet of offences from Resident Evil 5 to Resident Evil 6, with a stop at Operation Raccoon City on the way; not to mention it's arguable that Resident Evil 4 and both Chronicles instalments had an overall detrimental effect on the brand as a survival horror experience, and the overall dismantling of many game features that had been signature mechanics of survival horror until us as fans are left with an anemic linear shoot 'em up, devoid of atmosphere, tension, fear, investigation, cerebral challenge & satisfaction.

That's not to say that I fundamentally agree with Vito's general pessimism, I don't; I just understand exactly where it's coming from.

--

Jessica... Lisa... Forgive me. May god justify my death in exchange for your safety.

August 12, 2015 at 5:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

BSAArklay
Administrator

George Trevor at August 12, 2015 at 5:02 PM

James Marcus at August 12, 2015 at 4:26 PM

Vito has nothing to base this opinion on huh? Nothing except Capcom's rap sheet of offences from Resident Evil 5 to Resident Evil 6, with a stop at Operation Raccoon City on the way; not to mention it's arguable that Resident Evil 4 and both Chronicles instalments had an overall detrimental effect on the brand as a survival horror experience, and the overall dismantling of many game features that had been signature mechanics of survival horror until us as fans are left with an anemic linear shoot 'em up, devoid of atmosphere, tension, fear, investigation, cerebral challenge & satisfaction.

That's not to say that I fundamentally agree with Vito's general pessimism, I don't; I just understand exactly where it's coming from.

Damn its getting intense now. I guess the announcement of Remake 2 is showing us who has hope left for the series and who has completley washed their hands. Had this announcement arrived pre Revelations 2 I would have been 100% negative and jumping on Vito's bandwagon. However since we saw a glimmer of hope with Revelations 2 and also the re-release of Remake after all these years of begging for it well I guess Capcom has regained some of my faith so I think its only fair that I keep an open mind for this next title.

August 12, 2015 at 8:07 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Bl00dy3y3
Until I see actual gameplay footage, I'll remain cautiously optimistic.
August 12, 2015 at 11:41 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Bandage131

Until I see gameplay footage, I'm not going to have an opinion.

August 13, 2015 at 8:30 AM Flag Quote & Reply

USS Command
Administrator

So, based on these comments I take it most of you guys care more for the gameplay then the story? What IF the gameplay is perfect (as in they way you all want it) but they completely mess up the storyline? Would it be worth it?

--

"I'll take my Survival Horror like I take my men" - George Trevor, September 3, 2017 at 6:10 PM

“Great love springs from great knowledge of the beloved object and if you know it but a little, you will be able to love it only a little or not at all.” - Leonardo da Vinci

August 13, 2015 at 11:49 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Bandage131

I care about both, but Capcom have proven they can wow me with story trailers whether the game's shit or not. I hold off for gameplay because the story can be amazing, but if the game's not fun to play as well, then I've no reason to buy it and can simply watch it on YouTube. And if the game's fun but the story is shit, I can still play the game and skip the cutscenes.

The original RE2's gonna be there for me whether this remake ends up good or not, so if I just hate the story and love the gameplay, nothing is truly tarnished for me. References to what happened in RE2/3 save for "Raccoon City" "Leon and Claire" "Sherry" "Ada" are few and far between in this series, so unless there's a major overhaul in how the series story progresses, nothing in this remake will likely even be mentioned.

August 13, 2015 at 12:16 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Bl00dy3y3
No, I wouldn't be happy if they made radical changes to the established canon of the games that further muddied up the waters. Rather than add too it. But, in regards to gameplay? If I can't enjoy playing the game, then how can I even get into the story? You're right though, story is just as important if not more so in the long term.
August 13, 2015 at 12:30 PM Flag Quote & Reply

George Trevor
Site Owner

USS Command at August 13, 2015 at 11:49 AM

So, based on these comments I take it most of you guys care more for the gameplay then the story? What IF the gameplay is perfect (as in they way you all want it) but they completely mess up the storyline? Would it be worth it?

Perfect gameplay, but a terrible narrative... sort of like the opposite of Resident Evil Survivor. Many loved the new direction of Resident Evil 4 but detested the story, a viewpoint I agree with, with the rider that the gameplay had changed too much without a correct survival horror direction & focus. I very much doubt that this scenario of great gameplay but poor storyline can happen, as we already have the narrative for RE2 ! Far more likely that the gameplay will be the focal point for disaster, disapointent & controversy; unless Capcom do another Operation Raccoon City and take an almighty large slice of integrity out of their own product by ignoring the gold dust narrative & characterisation they've already created for the RE2 Remake.

I'm with Bl00dy3y3, cautiously optimisitc. I'm also easily pleased and simply just want a console version of the sharpness offered with the PC build, with additional character gameplay offering the choice of roles featured in the Outbreak series, so that we can play through the desolation of the Raccoon City streets & RPD as different protagonists, for replay value. And of course sqeezing the gameplay of RE3 into the build would be a touch of class.

--

Jessica... Lisa... Forgive me. May god justify my death in exchange for your safety.

August 13, 2015 at 2:46 PM Flag Quote & Reply

SkinniMini1

Meh. Sorry guys but this news does nothing for me personally. I never really felt like this needed to be made, especially not 10+ years after ReMake.

August 14, 2015 at 12:12 AM Flag Quote & Reply

ResiEvilChic96

Not going to get excited until I have seen a gameplay trailer. Just the whole pitch of this on Facebook still doesn't hit me right. But we shall see I guess.

August 14, 2015 at 10:33 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Mat&mo

Awe no... I don't often come here, and now I know why. So many criticims about the game. Guys, we've been begging for that game for YEARS. And now that Capcom say "Ok, we'll do it", people bitch.
What's wrong with you? I mean. We loved RE2 years ago. There's no reason why we shouldn't love RE2MAKE. ;) Have you played RE HD? Yes, you all did. And you all liked it, of course! Well, it'll be the same for RE2MAKE. Capcom can't mess with such an awesome game. It's not about RE4-5-6 gameplay, but oldschool one. So, no need to worry. I'm 100% confident with Capcom and I already know I won't be disapointed.

--

My collection here:  https://www.facebook.com/residentevilcollectionfrance?ref=aymt_homepage_panel

August 18, 2015 at 2:56 PM Flag Quote & Reply

SkinniMini1

Mat&mo at August 18, 2015 at 2:56 PM

Awe no... I don't often come here, and now I know why. So many criticims about the game. Guys, we've been begging for that game for YEARS. And now that Capcom say "Ok, we'll do it", people bitch.
What's wrong with you? I mean. We loved RE2 years ago. There's no reason why we shouldn't love RE2MAKE. ;) Have you played RE HD? Yes, you all did. And you all liked it, of course! Well, it'll be the same for RE2MAKE. Capcom can't mess with such an awesome game. It's not about RE4-5-6 gameplay, but oldschool one. So, no need to worry. I'm 100% confident with Capcom and I already know I won't be disapointed.

You know, you kind of sound like a Capcom yes man. It's almost like you're attempting to brainwash people into having zero concerns - not criticisms, which is something different. Some of those that are so called "bitching" were the ones that already had doubts about this ReMake prior to it being officially announced. I mean some of you act like every word out of people's mouth must be blind praise acceptance only (which isn't very realistic either).

August 18, 2015 at 4:18 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Mat&mo

This remake is something we all asked. And look at the behavior of some people here. This is crazy. It's like a blind asked for sight, and once we gave him eyes, he didn't want them.
Maybe I was rude, but there are things I don't understand... 

--

My collection here:  https://www.facebook.com/residentevilcollectionfrance?ref=aymt_homepage_panel

August 18, 2015 at 4:43 PM Flag Quote & Reply

SamuraiEdge

2005 was the last year I wished for a Remake of Bio 2, once that year was over my observations of not only the people working at Capcom but the general direction game design was going changed my mentality completely. I have remained consistent with not wanting a Remake since 05. The only possible way I can support a Remake is if the original team were involved and if tank controls(as the only option none other), pre-rendered backrounds, and every other aspect remained intact. The only changes that I would accept would be exactly how the changes was handled in Remake. I can say for sure without a shadow of a doubt this is not going to happen. Does that mean it's hands down going to be a bad game? No of course not, just for me it will. I really don't bitch about it either, to be honest I don't even think about it anymore.

August 18, 2015 at 5:59 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Mat&mo

We have time before it comes out. Screenshots, videos,.. everything to change you guys minds. I do believe it will be a very good Resident Evil game. And I hope they will keep the former gameplay.

--

August 18, 2015 at 6:29 PM Flag Quote & Reply

BSAArklay
Administrator

The people who made the original RE2 are no longer at the company. That's where peoples concerns come from. The staff at Capcom now have never made a game like RE2 in their lifetime so for them to just pull it out their ass and first time match or better the original will take an extreme amount of luck and skill. If you can't surpass the original why remake it has always been my point of view. There is a lot of negativity but you can't knock people for that. Look at the movies, ORC and RE6. As fans of the series and most of the people at this site have invested a ton of time and money into this series they have every right to be concerned and voice that. I am not one of those people but you cant knock the ones who choose to. Its their choice.

August 18, 2015 at 6:45 PM Flag Quote & Reply

TheBatMan

The people who have been begging for this game for years are the people who just don't think about it rationally. I'm still staggered people are still comparing Remake 2 to REHD, it's a completely different kettle of fish. Completely different and just not comparable in the slightest. This isn't just an asthetic touch up of the original game, this will be a brand new game brought to you by the same people who make RE6. If you honestly think its gonna have static cameras and other 1998 gameplay features you will be sorely disappointed. 

I 'bitch' about this game because I never wanted it in the first place because I know it won't work. The series is already at an all-time low and literally the only thing Capcom could do to make it worse is to go and tinker with a classic. 

If Remake 2 was made 10 years ago it would likely be the new game you desire. But we are in a completely new gaming generation where games like classic RE2 will just not sell anywhere near enough the amount required. (And again, sales of REHD are completely irrelevant, not comparable.)

August 19, 2015 at 12:43 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.