CRIMSON HEAD ELDER

Survival Horror Community & Podcast

RESIDENTS FORUM

Forum Home > BIRKIN'S LABORATORY > USS structure & theories

Yuan-The-11th

Seeing as how the good topic of M-Greg is about generalised discussion & reviews pertaining to Wolf pack & Echo Six as opposed to theories or Umbrella Security Service at large, I felt it would be a good idea to create a topic for all future theories pertaining to Umbrella Security Service.

Please note that this topic is for all localizations (Japan & NA etcetera) as well as all medias including but not limited to novels such as the Stephanie Daniel Perry novels, drama albums such as "Ada the female spy lives" as well as Bio Operation Raccoon City.

My first post shall concern the unconventional unit that is Wolfpack & its possibal place within USS:

According to RE Archives, while the USS "Delta team" was indeed part of USS alongside HUNK & "Alpha team" at large, they where not part of the same specific unit as the book states that Delta Team was part of a "Special maneuvering team" where's HUNK & Alpha team are said to be part of a "Special Engineering Corps" although I have seen translations from other guides word it as "Special commando unit"

In addition, the book specifically states that Delta team only consisted of 2 people, the fact that it has only 2 people when combined with the fact that Delta team is called a Special maneuvering team implies the team is a 2-person fire-&-maneuver team, a far cry from the 4-person fire-team seen in ORC.

With all this in mind, I propose that Umbrella Security Service has two separate units counted amongst its special forces:

USS Special maneuvering team, has at least four 2-person fire-&-maneuver teams: Alpha, Bravo, Charlie & Delta team.

With a fine total of only 8 people amongst all 4 of its teams, the Special maneuvering team would be highly elite & secretive, only sent on the most dangerous & unusual missions.

Something I feel is worth noting is the novel "Zero Hour" refers to Delta team as a two-man + helicopter pilot team sent on the most clandestine missions.

USS Special commando unit, has at least four 4-person fire teams: Alpha team, Bravo, Charlie & Delta team.

With 16 members, the unit would be over two times bigger then the other team, this would make the Special commando unit more better suited to the goal of USS special forces: protecting laboratories & the executives in charge of them like Countess Christine Henry for example :)

Taking all this into consideration I also propose that the "Delta team/Wolfpack" is part the Special commando unit and just like how HUNK's Alpha team has four members + himself to lead it, Delta team/Wolfpack has four members in it (Vector, Spector, Hector & Bertha) + Lupo to lead it.

Regarding Christine Yamata aka Four-eyes, the game itself calls her a "field scientist" while the RE ORC guidebook also calls her a mercenary, taking this into consideration I believe that Four-eyes is not a regular member of Wolfpack but was in fact attached to it.

Another note, the game Bio Outbreak File 2 has the character of Commander/Captain Rodriguez in control of a "USS 2nd Squad".

Seeing as how squads are often broken down into two fire-teams both in real life & in the Bio Hazard series, I think there is a great possibility that the USS 2nd Squad is part of the special commando unit, to elaborate the presumed USS 1st Squad would be broken down into HUNK's Alpha team as well as the Bravo team.

Then the USS 2nd Squad would be broken down into two fire-teams with Rodriguez personally leading the presumed "Charlie team" & his subordinate Lupo controlling Delta team, Rodriguez would over all be in control of both teams.

I look forward to every one else's theories about Umbrella Security Service, any and all theories are welcome, regardless of localization or media.

--

The nobility will rise again. Until that time, farewell!

August 7, 2014 at 8:59 PM Flag Quote & Reply

USS Command
Administrator
This was a very good read! Its most interesting. I love the USS(like my name wasn't a hint) so I was thinking what about all the zombies in zero? I know they are from the Investigation units but, I always thought they were part of the USS. So maybe they also have teams that investigate areas of interest. Also there this thread on PU that counted as many USS as they could even the ones from confidential report love to see what you could maybe you could include them in your theory? http://projectumbrella.net/forum/USS-Personnel-and-Structure
--

"I'll take my Survival Horror like I take my men" - George Trevor, September 3, 2017 at 6:10 PM

“Great love springs from great knowledge of the beloved object and if you know it but a little, you will be able to love it only a little or not at all.” - Leonardo da Vinci

August 9, 2014 at 10:19 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Yuan-The-11th

USS Command, firstly thank you for reading my post!

Secondly there is some precedence behind your Bio0 theory...

According to RE Archives the armed personal turned zombies in Bio0 where not investigators themselves but rather "Guard Solders" that where attached to the investigative squads.

I find the use of the word "Guard Solders" to be interesting as normal companies do not have solders, this when combined with the fact that these guard solders are confirmed to be wearing the same gear as USS "Special Maneuvering Team Delta Team" would imply if not outright confirm that the guard solders are indeed part of Umbrella Security Service.

Lastly in regards to Confidential Report as well as other medias, you can bet I will cover them as I am just getting started on Umbrella Security Service theories.

--

August 9, 2014 at 11:09 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alan Wenpei Mao

At the beginning of ORC, Hunk says they are the new guys to everybody except Vector. This indicates that it was Wolf's Pack first day on the job so they were with Hunk. :D

What if the Delta Team is a support team instead of a main group? Delta Team could be the support and backup for the rest of the USS. Then the rest of the teams, Alpha, Bravo and Charlie can be composed of different numbers of soldiers. That could explain why there is only two people on the team. But these two people need to be armed heavily in order to be a support group as well. Is there a possibility? ;)

They are probably armed with fully automatic machine guns and assault rifles with tons of ammo. Also fitted with full body armor and grenades with hi-tech gear.

August 11, 2014 at 8:40 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Yuan-The-11th

Alan Wenpei Mao, firstly, thank you for posting.

Secondly I will not lie, your idea about USS having only 4 teams with Delta Team being a support team could very well be true.

Looking back at the Bio2 script & cut-scenes, it is fairly clear that Capcom only intended for USS special forces A-team & B-team to have 2 people-per team but whoever was responsible for backgrounds increased that number to 4.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have some interesting food for thought regarding Umbrella Security Service as according to "RE ARCHIVES" the 2-man fire-and-maneuver team that shot Dr. James Marcus in the flashback sequence in Bio0 where indeed "Special Forces".

However that brings up a mystery as Dr. James Marcus was assassinated in 1988 but the Para-military training facility on Rockfort Island that was responsible for training Umbrella Special Forces was not completed in till after 1993.

If that is the case then just who are these 2 men?

I shall post my theories about this question later...

--

August 17, 2014 at 10:27 AM Flag Quote & Reply

USS Command
Administrator

How bout some food for thought?

Is/could there be any connection between the USS and the Undertakers(or Cleaners)?

We know from survivor the the UT Commander is human but, were did he come from?

Looking at ORC SPECTER has a uniform simmiler if not the same, if you think of it as a graphical update, as the one UT has. So could the Undertakers be a connected to the USS? Well let's say HUNK's full team is 25 men(based on his line from REUC) they all but HUNK and  iguel(he has a "dead" unused model so note that) survive then we have the 72 USS solders in RECR and a lot of them die. So that means the USS took quit a few losses maybe the Undertakers are use to pick up the pace? 

Anyway I know its possible that there's numurus flaws in this, I am on my tablet and didn't really look into some of this as much as I could. But its mostly just something to think about. 

--

"I'll take my Survival Horror like I take my men" - George Trevor, September 3, 2017 at 6:10 PM

“Great love springs from great knowledge of the beloved object and if you know it but a little, you will be able to love it only a little or not at all.” - Leonardo da Vinci

August 18, 2014 at 1:39 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Yuan-The-11th

Ah USS Command

I have two theories about the "Undertaker" unit seen in BioGS1: a theory that I believe fits nicely with your theory as well as a theory that takes evidence from BioTUC into consideration.

My first theory:

I am not going to lie to you as for quite some time I wondered if the "Undertaker Unit" was related to Umbrella Security Service, specifically I wondered if it made up a portion of USS Special Forces.

I imagined something like this:

Umbrella Security Service

I

Special Forces

I

Special Commando Unit + Undertaker Unit

The "Special maneuvering team" would also be under the Special Forces right alongside/part of the Special commando unit, in addition the "Anti-B.O.W. Squad" mentioned in BioCV would also likely be under the "Special Forces" in a way, "Special Forces" would be the Umbrella answer to U.S. SOCOM.

What do you think, USS Command?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

My second theory:

Although I believe that the above theory fits nicely there is one problem and that problem is that the single goal & purpose of Umbrella Security Service is the protection of laboratories & the executives in charge of them such as Christine Henri, although true fully sometimes executives used USS to do dirty work.

Now the internal espionage organization known as "Monitor" on the other hand had 3 separate objectives:

1 - Surveillance of potentially dangerous personal.

2 - Assassination of said personal if necessary.

3 - Destruction of incriminating evidence.

Since I have read that there was a unit-within Monitor set up purely to handle the surveillance aspect, I wonder if maybe Monitor had two separate units for the other two separate objectives as well?

I imagined something like this:

Monitor

I

Internal espionage group

I

Surveillance unit + Assassination unit + Undertaker unit

With this theory I propose that the outfit that Spector wears is not actually from USS but rather Monitor as do to the urgency behind Operation Raccoon City, the management behind Umbrella Corporation may have found it necessary to place an surveillance agent from Monitor within USS, officially Spector would be there to help USS destroy evidence but unofficially the real objective of Spector would be to "Supervise/Observe" USS Delta team, his team-mates would be none the wiser as to his actual objective.

Those are my two theories regarding the Undertaker unit.

--

August 22, 2014 at 12:28 AM Flag Quote & Reply

USS Command
Administrator
Sorry for a shot reply my power could go off any minute. But I really like both theroies maybe they both could work together? As in the undertakers being used by both groups when mission calls for it
--

August 22, 2014 at 10:14 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Neptune
I really like those theories it is a shame the cleaners weren't used in other biohazard games. There sole purpose was to, as their name suggests clean up and remove evidence of umbrellas involvement. So why weren't there any deployed in raccoon? They are also in many ways B.O.W'S, soldier like humanoid creatures able to take orders understand English use machine guns and then disintegrate leaving no trace of their presence. How is a tyrant for example better than that?
--

"You're going to need a bigger boat"

"Neo Umbrella? - that's a great idea ~ the Batman

August 23, 2014 at 10:58 AM Flag Quote & Reply

TheBatMan

I guess because Raccoon was a big public disaster. Sheena Island was far more isolated, the biohazard much smaller and the world's media were unaware of it. The city on Sheena could probably be saved and the incident contained if all survivors were accounted for and eliminated.

August 23, 2014 at 11:38 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Alan Wenpei Mao

The Cleaners could be USS's replacement after Raccoon City. The Cleaners, pre-Raccoon City, could be created to work small and clandestine operations, but after Raccoon City, they became the main force. After Raccoon City, Umbrella was scrutinised by various groups, so they switched to the Cleaners to use as expanable troops.

August 24, 2014 at 7:17 PM Flag Quote & Reply

George Trevor
Site Owner

Yuan-The-11th, this superb thread you've created with your reserach & theory has all the makings of an article ! Did you expand on this, as I noticed it's been many months since your original post? Perhaps there is scope for the sort of length required for an article as a pose to a forum topic, if you also include theories on the structure & hierachy of the U.B.C.S platoons? Here is what I could find from game & guide sources:

1. According to Mikhail’s profile in Biohazard 3 guide book, the U.B.C.S. platoon comprises thirty men. From what we know as to the number of in-game platoons there has to be least ninety U.B.C.S members in total.

2. Known members:

Platoon Commander (Colonel Sergi Vladimir)

Alpha Platoon: Murphy Seeker

Bravo Platoon: Tyrell Patrick

Delta Platoon: Mikhail Victor, Carlos Oliveria, Nicholai Ginovaef

'4D Executor' Platoon: Kraus (Commanding Officer), Robert, Norman, Ed, Roger

--

Jessica... Lisa... Forgive me. May god justify my death in exchange for your safety.

November 6, 2017 at 7:19 PM Flag Quote & Reply

News Bot

"Special commando unit", "special engineering corps" and "special maneuvering team" are the same in Japanese.

November 11, 2017 at 10:58 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Xarls

George Trevor at November 6, 2017 at 7:19 PM

Yuan-The-11th, this superb thread you've created with your reserach & theory has all the makings of an article ! Did you expand on this, as I noticed it's been many months since your original post? Perhaps there is scope for the sort of length required for an article as a pose to a forum topic, if you also include theories on the structure & hierachy of the U.B.C.S platoons? Here is what I could find from game & guide sources:

1. According to Mikhail’s profile in Biohazard 3 guide book, the U.B.C.S. platoon comprises thirty men. From what we know as to the number of in-game platoons there has to be least ninety U.B.C.S members in total.

2. Known members:

Platoon Commander (Colonel Sergi Vladimir)

Alpha Platoon: Murphy Seeker

Bravo Platoon: Tyrell Patrick

Delta Platoon: Mikhail Victor, Carlos Oliveria, Nicholai Ginovaef

'4D Executor' Platoon: Kraus (Commanding Officer), Robert, Norman, Ed, Roger

I think we are missing Arnold from R.E Outbreak.

--

The DEADPOOLEST Crimson Head Elder resident

November 27, 2017 at 6:30 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.